Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4544686 times)

sn00p and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #19950 on: July 19, 2013, 09:37:05 PM »
I'm definitely interested, tried them on at the shop and they felt like shit.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #19951 on: July 19, 2013, 09:46:26 PM »

One of the reasons I only chill in mine, plus they are vulc.

Can't do vulc to skate.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

coneklr

« Reply #19952 on: July 19, 2013, 10:03:29 PM »

Do you happen to have a wider foot?  Mine is med/wide and at first the right one felt uncomfortable (the same way Janoski's do on me, across the knuckles) but that seemed to go away after walking on them for a bit.  I'll skate them tomorrow and have a better feel for it though and check back in.

First thoughts though, were after the initial bit of discomfort they were better than I had hoped.

Everytime I've tried to move away from the busenitz I always go back because the adv or pro have never let me down.  We'll see.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #19953 on: July 20, 2013, 12:37:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone actually skating the Adidas Gonz have any opinions on how the tread is lasting?
[close]

Skating the lace up ones right now and they're wearing down a little bit after two weeks. Not bad enough to bother me though.

still wearing the lace up Gonz shoes and the grip has worn down a bit more, which usually wouldn't be a problem, but the birds on the sole go completely flat pretty quick. probably won't buy them again after I skate the slip ons.

coneklr

« Reply #19954 on: July 20, 2013, 04:04:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you happen to have a wider foot?  Mine is med/wide and at first the right one felt uncomfortable (the same way Janoski's do on me, across the knuckles) but that seemed to go away after walking on them for a bit.  I'll skate them tomorrow and have a better feel for it though and check back in.

First thoughts though, were after the initial bit of discomfort they were better than I had hoped.

UPDATE

Skated for under an hour today, literally all 50-50's, 5-0's, kickflips, tres, and nollie flips.  With busenitz, I can typically skate them straight out of the box.  These were a bit different.  It took a bit for them to grip the side of the shoe I felt (kickflips were slipping), but by the end of my rolling around they started to feel right and my tricks were mostly back to normal.  So no big deal there.

As mentioned before the right foot felt a bit tight around the knuckle area and this was still the case (similar to what I experience with the Janoski) so if you have a wider foot it may not be fun.

Grip, well they are vans so the sole gripped fine.

I was pleasantly surprised by the insole though!  I could still feel the board but felt more cushioning than from my other vans.  Not sure how long they'll last before they feel worn though, so I'll pay attn to that.

Here is the one issue, although I did expect this, was just hoping not this soon

I'm all the way to the rubber under layer in under 30 min.  Now like I said it was expected so I'm not upset.  But if that rubber doesn't last more than a few sessions or it doesn't grip while flipping (I hope you understand what I mean), I'm not gonna be a happy camper.

I'll check back in after a couple more times out and give final thoughts.  But as of right now, I'd get the syndicate's for a little more as they are suede where it counts.

Should I create a review thread for this?  Would it be more helpful than in here?  Thoughts?  And if you want a Huf shoe reviewed by me, let me know, I think I'm gonna try a pair of those next ( Thanks MJ for making me feel bad supporting Adidas ;)  )

micky682

« Reply #19955 on: July 20, 2013, 04:20:07 PM »
UPDATE

Skated for under an hour today, literally all 50-50's, 5-0's, kickflips, tres, and nollie flips.  With busenitz, I can typically skate them straight out of the box.  These were a bit different.  It took a bit for them to grip the side of the shoe I felt (kickflips were slipping), but by the end of my rolling around they started to feel right and my tricks were mostly back to normal.  So no big deal there.

As mentioned before the right foot felt a bit tight around the knuckle area and this was still the case (similar to what I experience with the Janoski) so if you have a wider foot it may not be fun.

Grip, well they are vans so the sole gripped fine.

I was pleasantly surprised by the insole though!  I could still feel the board but felt more cushioning than from my other vans.  Not sure how long they'll last before they feel worn though, so I'll pay attn to that.

Here is the one issue, although I did expect this, was just hoping not this soon

I'm all the way to the rubber under layer in under 30 min.  Now like I said it was expected so I'm not upset.  But if that rubber doesn't last more than a few sessions or it doesn't grip while flipping (I hope you understand what I mean), I'm not gonna be a happy camper.

I'll check back in after a couple more times out and give final thoughts.  But as of right now, I'd get the syndicate's for a little more as they are suede where it counts.

Should I create a review thread for this?  Would it be more helpful than in here?  Thoughts?  And if you want a Huf shoe reviewed by me, let me know, I think I'm gonna try a pair of those next ( Thanks MJ for making me feel bad supporting Adidas ;)  )
[/quote]Not sure if you live near a Vans outlet, but I suggest buying their shoes from their since its always buy 1 get 1 half off. You could probably buy 2 Chimas for the price of one.

coneklr

« Reply #19956 on: July 20, 2013, 07:13:57 PM »
micky, thank you for the suggestion but I'm not sure they'd have them bogo on these since they are new and I'm not near one anyway :)  But for people who are, definitely check that out.  For me, if I get another pair of chima's they'd be the syndicates as they are suede.  But I'll probably try out some Hufs next

wisdom teeth

• Rep: 10
« Reply #19957 on: July 20, 2013, 11:32:35 PM »
Dude I'm telling you if you skate canvas just throw some super glue on the ollie area and you'll get much more life out of them.  And yeah yeah yeah "why buy something I have to put extra glue on" ... super glue is like three bucks

GY

« Reply #19958 on: July 21, 2013, 06:33:58 AM »
Dude I'm telling you if you skate canvas just throw some super glue on the ollie area and you'll get much more life out of them.  And yeah yeah yeah "why buy something I have to put extra glue on" ... super glue is like three bucks

yeah, super glue on canvas makes such a difference and extends the life by a few weeks if not a month if you re-apply.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #19959 on: July 21, 2013, 11:12:43 AM »
Thanks for writing that Micky. I got a pair of them in black a few days ago. Gonna start skating them pretty soon. Definitely interested in seeing how they skate and last.

foureyedjim

« Reply #19960 on: July 21, 2013, 02:25:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, super glue on canvas makes such a difference and extends the life by a few weeks if not a month if you re-apply.

I used to put duct tape on the inside when my feet were okay with skating vans all the time.  Doesn't super glue end up looking like Jizz stains?

coneklr

« Reply #19961 on: July 21, 2013, 03:48:40 PM »
Noble, are the black pair canvas too?

Forte

• Rep: -7
  • "Larry Perkins is a Faggot"
« Reply #19962 on: July 21, 2013, 05:20:37 PM »
just the back part, the toe cap is suede
Opinions are like assholes and you just came to the public toilet of skateboarding.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #19963 on: July 21, 2013, 07:11:35 PM »
^^^
Yep, suede toe cap area, rest is canvas. They said the canvas was supposed to be real durable, but to me it feels pretty thin
 Is it just me or do they kinda remind you guys of the Atwood, just a bit fancied up?

Camp Grunge

• Rep: -7
« Reply #19964 on: July 22, 2013, 06:21:00 AM »
I was kinda planning on getting some chimas but now it looks like more tnt 5s

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #19965 on: July 22, 2013, 08:54:30 AM »

gonz pros.
p-shuvs and v-flips

StFlour

« Reply #19966 on: July 22, 2013, 09:04:31 AM »
chimas in black. i was expecting something better...

coneklr

« Reply #19967 on: July 22, 2013, 09:07:30 AM »
thanks for doing that

those fucking things look brand new.  one session and you have a hole like that? what a pathetic piece of footwear.

No problem.  The shoe itself isn't horrible and I didn't expect the canvas to last long but yeah!  I'd just try the black or the syndicate since they have a suede toe.

wisdom teeth

• Rep: 10
« Reply #19968 on: July 22, 2013, 09:18:01 AM »
But isn't there a rubber toe cap under the canvas?  Wasn't that the whole point of why the shoe was special?

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #19969 on: July 22, 2013, 10:52:48 AM »
too damn comfortable to pass up

coneklr

« Reply #19970 on: July 22, 2013, 01:47:07 PM »
But isn't there a rubber toe cap under the canvas?  Wasn't that the whole point of why the shoe was special?

Yeah, that's what I was saying.  I was to the rubber in under 30 min.  Now I'll find out how the rubber is.  It feels thin so my hopes aren't high but I'll be even less psyched if it's not grippy.  Say if you were trying to kickflip and it just slip instead of grabbing hold.  I'll let you know.  We poured some concrete after I skated them and I haven't had time to go back out more yet.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1181
« Reply #19971 on: July 22, 2013, 03:11:05 PM »
Both are comfy, havent skated the Busenitz ADV yet, but the Marcs are sick, I've had 2 pairs and like em a lot

ha.  bizarro shoe order.  currently still skating the ADV which are one of the best shoe i've ever skated...have a pair of Marc Lakais on deck.  will be the first Lakais ive ever skated.  was really interested in the 'mid-but-low' function of the shoe.  we'll see if all this talk about quality is worth a darn...don't let me down Marc!!!
hardly art, hardly starving

micky682

« Reply #19972 on: July 22, 2013, 04:00:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Both are comfy, havent skated the Busenitz ADV yet, but the Marcs are sick, I've had 2 pairs and like em a lot

[close]

ha.  bizarro shoe order.  currently still skating the ADV which are one of the best shoe i've ever skated...have a pair of Marc Lakais on deck.  will be the first Lakais ive ever skated.  was really interested in the 'mid-but-low' function of the shoe.  we'll see if all this talk about quality is worth a darn...don't let me down Marc!!!
I had been wanting to try both out haha, but I chose the ADV. Great shoe, what I had hoped the Koston 1s to be like. Comfy, sock-like, great board feel while still protecting my feet. The only downside would be the durability, the upper already has a small hole.

coneklr

« Reply #19973 on: July 22, 2013, 04:19:17 PM »
I wanted to try the Marc's so bad but the height of them hit the bottom of my ankle bone and was feeling shitty after a few minutes in the shop so I knew it would be bad news if I bought them.  The felt good other than that though.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #19974 on: July 22, 2013, 07:54:35 PM »
sorry for the huge pic

Just got a pair of the new Vincent Alvarez shoes, gonna wear them around for a while first, they seem a little stiff. If there is interest I'll write a little review on 'em.
damn those yarys bout those squats

chumlee

« Reply #19975 on: July 22, 2013, 09:30:28 PM »
Love this shoe

peewee

« Reply #19976 on: July 22, 2013, 11:09:55 PM »
sorry for the huge pic

Just got a pair of the new Vincent Alvarez shoes, gonna wear them around for a while first, they seem a little stiff. If there is interest I'll write a little review on 'em.

where did you get those?!?!

nylin

« Reply #19977 on: July 23, 2013, 02:25:41 AM »
Expand Quote
sorry for the huge pic

[close]

where did you get those?!?!

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #19978 on: July 23, 2013, 12:16:12 PM »
Currently at work so these

but when I get home I'll be lacing these up

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
« Reply #19979 on: July 23, 2013, 09:51:08 PM »
the choices are a fun shoe to skate in. i had two pairs and they were pretty awesome shoes
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[