Author Topic: What gear are you most thankful for?  (Read 8519 times)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
What gear are you most thankful for?
« on: November 28, 2019, 11:54:24 AM »
Tried out a ton of new stuff this year in search of my perfect setup and I got to say switching to huge boards (9' plus) has made my skating at least 10x better. Looking back on what you tried this year, what gear are you the most stoked on?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: What gear are you most thankful for?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 12:08:56 PM »
 I'm thankful for Indys because as someone with truck madness, going back to Indys  from another truck feels like going home.

switchbs180

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 12:51:07 PM »
I'm thankful for my ankle brace

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 01:04:21 PM »
I'm thankful for Indys because as someone with truck madness, going back to Indys  from another truck feels like going home.

home is where the heart is
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 01:05:55 PM »

protection is underrated here but needed if you plan on skating forever. gonna buy some pads for when i practice bigger transition

switchbs180

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 01:11:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

protection is underrated here but needed if you plan on skating forever. gonna buy some pads for when i practice bigger transition

Agree. The best thing are the confused looks when you bust some flips and 180s. "Damn, I thought you were hurt." "Nah, I am just a pussy and fear for my ankle"  ;D

anon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 02:19:06 PM »
ace and formula 4. the best turn and the smoothest ride you can get from a "street" wheel

chappers

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2019, 02:31:28 PM »
pink shake junt griptape

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2019, 02:45:21 PM »
Deluxe making 8.12x31.38 decks with a 14” wheelbase. Been eyeing this Chocolate shape for a few years but once I saw a Krooked I picked it up and it’s the perfect shape for me.

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2019, 03:14:32 PM »
Classic eagles
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2019, 03:34:10 PM »
F4 99
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2019, 03:42:34 PM »
pink shake junt griptape

found cyril jackson

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2019, 03:44:18 PM »
Deluxe making 8.12x31.38 decks with a 14” wheelbase. Been eyeing this Chocolate shape for a few years but once I saw a Krooked I picked it up and it’s the perfect shape for me.

chocolate shape with deluxe reliability. if they really wanted to have complete control over the industry, they could just make all the popular shapes and keep their current customer service and wood

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2019, 03:45:11 PM »
Classic eagles

same bro. main shape will be the orange eagle as long as its in production

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2019, 04:45:23 PM »
Tried out a ton of new stuff this year in search of my perfect setup and I got to say switching to huge boards (9' plus) has made my skating at least 10x better. Looking back on what you tried this year, what gear are you the most stoked on?

What size were you riding prior? I went from 7.75 to 8.06, life changing. Now I'm thinking of going up to 8.125, 8.25 or even 8.5.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2019, 04:48:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What size were you riding prior? I went from 7.75 to 8.06, life changing. Now I'm thinking of going up to 8.125, 8.25 or even 8.5.
Go straight to 8.5, you won't regret it
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2019, 04:51:08 PM »

Where does such a unicorn even exist?

Deluxe shape and wood with average man proportions?

I just pop and flip the board better when it’s got a normal wheelbase and length

I’m not 6+ feet tall and want my legs spread like a cowboy to ride my board now

I’m thankful for this hockey deck I found, re learned tre flips and it feels good
yes

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2019, 04:56:31 PM »
Mob M-80 grip.

I used to rock Jessup but I keep boards way too long to do that.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2019, 04:59:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Go straight to 8.5, you won't regret it

I went from 8 to 8.5. It was awesome. Had to get new trucks of course - 149’s. Now I’ve gone back down a bit to 8.375 with the 149’s.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2019, 05:05:57 PM »
Trucks. Always trucks.

151s and 44s.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2019, 05:51:23 PM »
Art form Cargos
Etnies Czar
7.75” decks
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2019, 06:35:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just pop and flip the board better when it’s got a normal wheelbase and length

I’m thankful for this hockey deck I found, re learned tre flips and it feels good

Last summer they started doing maybe one or two boards a season. The one I have now is a Krooked Bobby Worrest. In the current DLX catalog TNT has an Anti Hero with the shape. I’ve also seen a Brian Anderson and a Busenitz but pretty sure they only do one per season. My local shop got this one in and I scooped it up right away. I’m 5’8 so I like a smaller wheelbase so it’s perfect for me. Im probably going to have the shop start special ordering them for me from now on because I’m ruined for anything else.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2019, 06:45:35 PM »
Plain ol’ Jessup

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2019, 06:53:33 PM »
ace and formula 4. the best turn and the smoothest ride you can get from a "street" wheel
this and bones Swiss

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Oldguy78

• Rep: -64
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2019, 07:24:05 PM »

I’m with you but I’m going to say wrist guards. I’m old and a bit heavier thee days so slamming is a lot harder on my wrists. My 187 wrist guards are the one piece of protective gear I always wear.

animalflesh

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2019, 08:14:22 PM »
My wrist guard
My f4 99
Ace trucks
Big balls bearings
Converse ctas pro hi

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2019, 08:18:39 PM »
Trucks. Always trucks.

151s and 44s.

I salute you sir.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2019, 08:44:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Last summer they started doing maybe one or two boards a season. The one I have now is a Krooked Bobby Worrest. In the current DLX catalog TNT has an Anti Hero with the shape. I’ve also seen a Brian Anderson and a Busenitz but pretty sure they only do one per season. My local shop got this one in and I scooped it up right away. I’m 5’8 so I like a smaller wheelbase so it’s perfect for me. Im probably going to have the shop start special ordering them for me from now on because I’m ruined for anything else.

I bet

The pop must be nice, always nice reliable and solid

And don’t even get me started on how it flips, your tricks gotta be too easy and comfortable to throw out and catch

Did you also get a deeper shape or one of the mellow ones?
yes

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2019, 09:00:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i was riding an 8.38 but that and my big ass feet weren't meshing at all. still a relatively new skater so the switch didnt take anything away from me but i do think skating is 90% mental

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2019, 09:02:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Trucks. Always trucks.

151s and 44s.

[close]
I salute you sir.

i hear great things about 151s and i already love 149s so im definitely grabbing a pair for black friday. that and some ace 55s
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 09:52:21 PM by off »