Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 138735 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #1710 on: April 29, 2024, 07:25:00 AM »
http://youtu.be/neez_5cCdws?si=dAFocArxwvqijCWf

This popped up on my feed. Only made it halfway through because I had to get up and go. But the color of the metal is different and they seem turny.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

HyperBeam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #1711 on: April 29, 2024, 08:37:43 AM »
Expand Quote
So these have an axle that goes all the way through now or...?
[close]

standard axle, made in china, no inverted kingpin, normal metal, still gonna buy a pair but what made them special is gone.

lol those are all the things that made them suck

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1712 on: April 29, 2024, 05:59:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So these have an axle that goes all the way through now or...?
[close]

standard axle, made in china, no inverted kingpin, normal metal, still gonna buy a pair but what made them special is gone.
[close]

Lol rekt. Yeah, I was thinking this time around these things really have lost all hype. And yellow stock bushings? Gross. If enough people say the turn is as good or better than Ace/Indy Stage 4's then I'll definitely still try a set.

Tracker Aggros had similar colours back in like 91. We complained. These are better but I understand why people would be bummed.

They should fuck with Earth tones. Like gk used to.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1713 on: April 29, 2024, 06:18:05 PM »
http://youtu.be/neez_5cCdws?si=dAFocArxwvqijCWf

This popped up on my feed. Only made it halfway through because I had to get up and go. But the color of the metal is different and they seem turny.

I like theZack Dowdy channel. His review are right on with my experience. His style is good too. He's kind got the Kieth way in the back seat thing going. He rolls well

Anyways watching him in the garage in conjunction with my knowledge of his style and abilities those trucks turn very similar to my 6.1s with the new stock purps and my loose trucks 5.8.

I can stand full on the rail and get a pretty tight radius. I have to hop up and down to get wheel bite. With a 58mm wheel.

I hope to try this new truck. I feel like it's a good alternative to venture for 14.5 up wheel bases. Definitely gonna keep my eyes peeled at the parks try to try a set for science and the expansion of shoes and gear knowledge.

No way can I justify a purchase besides my replacement 5.8s at this moment but after I'm definitely interested.

They look dope afto me too
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #1714 on: April 30, 2024, 06:48:36 AM »
It has been mentioned that these new Lurpivs are manu’d in the same factory as Ace trucks.
But WHICH Ace truck: AF1 or Classic?
One presumes the two are made in different facilities, as the two models appear to have separate/distinct characteristics (from the alloy used, to the casting & finishing processes, etc.) unless the same plant is churning out high grade product, as well as a slightly more dated product that is almost “rustic” by comparison. Not sure how likely that is, but I’ve been to China exactly zero times, so I’m swatting at shadows in the dark, so to speak, but still…
It’s got me wondering: which Ace truck are we talking about?

last time i discussed it with the local distributor (a few months ago):
Classics made in China
AF1 made in Taiwan

with the intention to move everything to Taiwan manufacturing

CarcassToss

• Rep: 26
« Reply #1715 on: April 30, 2024, 12:56:20 PM »
From the video:

-Add +3.1 to the wheelbase, puts it on par with a Thunder/Independent Forged in terms of WB
-Height is confusing. He claims 58 and apparently measures from deck to axle, which could introduce distance from the concave. Then claims that they sit the same height as AF1, which are 5mm shorter than 58. So they are potentially 53 or 58. If they are 53 then it's right on par with Independent Forged measurements.

Still going to get a set.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 311
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1716 on: April 30, 2024, 02:09:26 PM »
58mm tall trucks would be insane lmaooooo that would put you in lifted pickup truck territory

CarcassToss

« Reply #1717 on: April 30, 2024, 02:43:57 PM »
But per your texts with Pontus that's what the old ones were.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1718 on: April 30, 2024, 02:48:58 PM »
From the video:

-Add +3.1 to the wheelbase, puts it on par with a Thunder/Independent Forged in terms of WB
-Height is confusing. He claims 58 and apparently measures from deck to axle, which could introduce distance from the concave. Then claims that they sit the same height as AF1, which are 5mm shorter than 58. So they are potentially 53 or 58. If they are 53 then it's right on par with Independent Forged measurements.

Still going to get a set.
Maybe he's measuring from axle to the top of the deck (griptape side). Saying deck to axle is too vague when talking millimeters. I think measuring a truck unhooked from board from axle to the flat surface it sits on should be the standard.

FunnyBunny

• Rep: 18
« Reply #1719 on: April 30, 2024, 03:47:07 PM »

Third image shows a geo chart saying 55mm height.

I swear Zach dowdys video shows him measuring from graphic side of deck to the top of the actual truck, like where you’d grind.  Zach seems like a nice dude and his videos aren’t bad but I’d take any tech info he provides with a grain of salt, he seems a bit fried.

Bumba

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1720 on: April 30, 2024, 05:04:04 PM »
Saw some of these in the wild today for the first time and had a quick go on the person's board. The turn feels really good on these (I only had a minute on the board though). Felt really responsive and sharp/whippy turning but also really stable in the middle.

CarcassToss

« Reply #1721 on: April 30, 2024, 09:26:02 PM »

Third image shows a geo chart saying 55mm height.

I swear Zach dowdys video shows him measuring from graphic side of deck to the top of the actual truck, like where you’d grind.  Zach seems like a nice dude and his videos aren’t bad but I’d take any tech info he provides with a grain of salt, he seems a bit fried.

He strikes me as the kind of guy that's never been offered drugs