Author Topic: The Set-up Thread  (Read 4827240 times)

Panettone

Re: The Set-up Thread
« Reply #26670 on: January 06, 2021, 01:24:18 PM »
Definitely jumped the shark with this one

Heroin Mutant 10"
Indy 215 w/ Riptide pivot cups
55mm OG Classic F4s
Swiss 6
Welcome Candy Bar
Mob
Diamond

Beast

Never seen a 10 before. Interesting

What size shoe are you out of interest?

Shape is so nice

BMCsteve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #26671 on: January 06, 2021, 02:02:45 PM »
Expand Quote

Heroin Mutant 10"
55mm OG Classic F4s
Swiss 6
Welcome Candy Bar
Mob
Diamond

[close]

Beast

Never seen a 10 before. Interesting

What size shoe are you out of interest?

Shape is so nice

10.5 shoe, 6ft tall.  I've had a couple Winkowski 10" boards but I skated 169s on them.  The 215's make it look huge

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #26672 on: January 06, 2021, 02:29:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So, the tensor ATG's I was riding were great. 10/10 would definitely buy again. I did some of my best skating last year and I think it's partially do to those trucks. The Losers boards I was riding most of last year (which were made by Sk8factory) were also a perfect shape. While my last board still had a lot of life in it, I decided to fuck up a perfectly good thing a switch up my setup for no real reason by getting new trucks and switching shapes.

8.25 deck BBS
Thunder 148s
Satori 53 101a
Bones swiss
DRKRM grip

The Orange Label Dunk mids I'm riding are counterfeit. It's fucking shame Nike doesn't keep these basic colors in rotation. This is my second time ordering fake dunks, and the last ones, dunk Hi, were mostly fine. The toe/sole flick area just wore out fast. The rubber sole was softer than usual. These are way better. The soles are fine, and the upper is more durable than the last pair and again, the last pair weren't bad, just ok.

[close]

Awesome setup! ATL represent! I must try satori wheels. And for people looking for Replica Dunks I recommend searching on Replica Sub Reddits for Dunks. A great one is r/fashionreps and r/repsneakers. The shoes might be a bit expensive (near $115) however they look VERY similar to the real dunks.
[close]

115 for a replica? How much are dunks usually?
[close]

Lows are $100, mids I think are $110-115 and highs are like $115-120. The counterfeit price has gone up because they realize nobody can buy for retail nowadays. Kinda weird. I’d never pay a retail price for counterfeit shoes
[close]

That's mad.

I haven't been paying attention to this stuff. So how much is a legit dunk ?

Those are the retail prices for legit dunks haha

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
  • the moon rules
« Reply #26673 on: January 06, 2021, 02:59:39 PM »

Polar surf shape
ACE 44’s with Riptide pivot cups and boiled bushings
F4 56mm/97a classics
Bones Swiss
fuck you bama

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #26674 on: January 06, 2021, 03:32:32 PM »
@tom is about to have a whole lotta fun

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #26675 on: January 06, 2021, 04:15:47 PM »
That’s so sick. Shin!

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #26676 on: January 06, 2021, 04:51:53 PM »

Heroin Mutant 10"
55mm OG Classic F4s
Swiss 6
Welcome Candy Bar
Mob
Diamond

that looks great
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #26677 on: January 06, 2021, 05:35:44 PM »
New setup except for the trucks and bearings. Getting back into it after about 1.5 years off.

Anti hero 9.0
Indy 169 titanium
Bones stf 99a v5 53mm
Random bearings
Jessup grip

Still waiting on harder bushings and new bearings to arrive.

In a world of smaller boards and shortening wheelbases, this one stands out as a good solid ride, 9 x 33 x 15 wb is so much fun!

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #26678 on: January 06, 2021, 06:26:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So, the tensor ATG's I was riding were great. 10/10 would definitely buy again. I did some of my best skating last year and I think it's partially do to those trucks. The Losers boards I was riding most of last year (which were made by Sk8factory) were also a perfect shape. While my last board still had a lot of life in it, I decided to fuck up a perfectly good thing a switch up my setup for no real reason by getting new trucks and switching shapes.

8.25 deck BBS
Thunder 148s
Satori 53 101a
Bones swiss
DRKRM grip

The Orange Label Dunk mids I'm riding are counterfeit. It's fucking shame Nike doesn't keep these basic colors in rotation. This is my second time ordering fake dunks, and the last ones, dunk Hi, were mostly fine. The toe/sole flick area just wore out fast. The rubber sole was softer than usual. These are way better. The soles are fine, and the upper is more durable than the last pair and again, the last pair weren't bad, just ok.

[close]

Awesome setup! ATL represent! I must try satori wheels. And for people looking for Replica Dunks I recommend searching on Replica Sub Reddits for Dunks. A great one is r/fashionreps and r/repsneakers. The shoes might be a bit expensive (near $115) however they look VERY similar to the real dunks.
[close]

[close]

Lows are $100, mids I think are $110-115 and highs are like $115-120. The counterfeit price has gone up because they realize nobody can buy for retail nowadays. Kinda weird. I’d never pay a retail price for counterfeit shoes
[close]

That's mad.

[close]

Imagine paying $115 for fake dunks lol
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #26679 on: January 06, 2021, 06:33:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

8.25 deck BBS
Thunder 148s
Satori 53 101a
Bones swiss
DRKRM grip

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That's mad.

[close]

[close]
Imagine paying $115 for fake dunks lol

I paid $50

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #26680 on: January 06, 2021, 09:00:35 PM »
Maybe I’ll have better luck tomorrow. Hope the other surf shape I saw is still available. The 97a F4’s were able to ride smoothly through the roughest ground at the spot I skate everyday, but they’re not so soft that they can’t slide. Highly recommend

fuck you bama

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #26681 on: January 06, 2021, 09:02:06 PM »
Maybe I’ll have better luck tomorrow. Hope the other surf shape I saw is still available. The 97a F4’s were able to ride smoothly through the roughest ground at the spot I skate everyday, but they’re not so soft that they can’t slide. Highly recommend

Damn! What were you skating?

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #26682 on: January 06, 2021, 09:04:52 PM »

What the shit? Did your board shoot out into the street and under a bus?

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #26683 on: January 06, 2021, 09:06:10 PM »
Broke my regular board on a frontside flip. Surf board was on a flatground ollie one foot. Lesson learned there. If you add the age of both together though you’d get an average of 3 weeks of use out of each

fuck you bama

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #26684 on: January 06, 2021, 09:16:34 PM »
This is the most painful post I've read in a minute. RIP

Kaydubbb

• Rep: 20
« Reply #26685 on: January 06, 2021, 09:23:25 PM »
Expand Quote
New setup except for the trucks and bearings. Getting back into it after about 1.5 years off.

Anti hero 9.0
Indy 169 titanium
Bones stf 99a v5 53mm
Random bearings
Jessup grip

Still waiting on harder bushings and new bearings to arrive.
[close]

In a world of smaller boards and shortening wheelbases, this one stands out as a good solid ride, 9 x 33 x 15 wb is so much fun!

It feels great to step on something so stable after taking a big break. Before this board I was riding mostly 8.5. this size definitely feels more natural to me.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #26686 on: January 06, 2021, 09:52:53 PM »

That was $190 down the drain real quick.

Glurmpz has four broken decks in the last short while, or more?

Board breaking conspiracy theories or post covid quality issues...

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

NYRAD

« Reply #26687 on: January 06, 2021, 10:02:52 PM »
First non Resin 7 Deck
Girl Pop Secret G027 8.25"
Tensor Maglights ATG 5.5
Bones HardCore Bushings ( HARD )
OJ ELITE Hardlines 54mm
Bronson G3s
Tacoma 1" Allen Hardware
Mini Logo Rubber Shock/Riser pads 0.10"
Grizzly - Regret this and Going back to MOB
Addidas - ADI EASE

Also this is My First Post :D
Updated as Forgot my Bushings lol .

Welcome!

Thanks Dude !!  ;D

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #26688 on: January 07, 2021, 05:01:01 AM »

First Girl board in ages, not crazy about it.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #26689 on: January 07, 2021, 07:08:55 AM »

Cross post from The big boy thread

Dane 1 Xmas sale bargain
Ace 55
56 slime balls 99
RAD mag sticker

Rowley Rapidweld ( although currently mostly skating Crockett hi which are ace )

Not crazy on the wheel / deck colour clash but 20 bucks off the deck was too much of a bargain.

Haven’t skated a Dane 1 for over a year but absolutely loved the first session today. It flips so well and skates way narrower than 9.75 in a good way. Perfect concave for me compared to the Tired I’ve just “reTired” which felt too steep.

First Dane 1 on aces (last one was on thunders) felt perfect and not squirelly at all. In love!

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #26690 on: January 07, 2021, 09:21:11 AM »

Cross post from The big boy thread

Dane 1 Xmas sale bargain
Ace 55
56 slime balls 99
RAD mag sticker

Rowley Rapidweld ( although currently mostly skating Crockett hi which are ace )

Not crazy on the wheel / deck colour clash but 20 bucks off the deck was too much of a bargain.

Haven’t skated a Dane 1 for over a year but absolutely loved the first session today. It flips so well and skates way narrower than 9.75 in a good way. Perfect concave for me compared to the Tired I’ve just “reTired” which felt too steep.

First Dane 1 on aces (last one was on thunders) felt perfect and not squirelly at all. In love!
You flip this jawn?! That's fucking doap bro. Like jus kickflips or you gettin tech on the beast, like sum switch tre or nollie heels. Whatever tho it's fuckin rad you can flip that.
Whoa. Danger.

Jory4

« Reply #26691 on: January 07, 2021, 09:39:32 AM »
I’m old and not tech so regular kick and heel flips, varial flips and as close to tre flips as I can get. To be fair I learnt varial flips in 1990 on a 9.5 world vallely so guess I’m used to it

Honestly it flips well for its size and better than most other shapes I’ve tried. Maybe it’s the short wheelbase.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #26692 on: January 07, 2021, 10:45:08 AM »
Expand Quote
First non Resin 7 Deck
Girl Pop Secret G027 8.25"
Tensor Maglights ATG 5.5
Bones HardCore Bushings ( HARD )

Also this is My First Post :D
[close]
Updated as Forgot my Bushings lol .

Expand Quote
Welcome!
[close]

Thanks Dude !!  ;D

Welcome! How are you liking those Mag Light ATG's with Bones bushings? I've got a set for an upcoming brand new complete and am considering putting a hard Bones bushing as the bottom one. Looks like you took out your bottom bushing cup, did that affect the geometry/turn of the truck or are the bones bushings taller than the standard Tensor ones, thus making up for that?
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #26693 on: January 07, 2021, 01:10:43 PM »

Santa and you pals hooked it up,

Real heavyweights 8.38”
Indy Allen bolts
Ace 44’s
Bronson raws
Spitfire 54 classic

Quasi 8.38” Al Davis
Thunder 148’s
Bones reds
Spitfire lock-ins 52mm

Passport 8.25”
Random allen hardware
Indy 144’s
Spitfire f4’s 52mm

Wife’s setup.....
Let’s go skate club 8.25”
Thunder hollows
Bones super reds
Bronze Allen hardware
Spitfire 52mm

I’m stocked up and ready to ride for a while I’m hyped and thanks pals for this.

Got a set of Rowan Vans shoes too I’m styling.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #26694 on: January 07, 2021, 02:12:21 PM »
?
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
to
Expand Quote

Dam that's beautiful. Defo update when you can on how it skates
[close]

As far as the wood goes, it feels great. I’ve really only skated Generator, PS Stix, and one China Wood (Evisen). I just did some kickflips, full cabs, pop-shoves and s/w shoves to test it out.
The geometry is taking me getting used to, but the pop feels great when it happens.

I’m coming off of skating ventures, I might need to throw them on here to extend the wheelbase (is that right)? I was getting ghost pops on my regular shuvs but actually popping my switch shuvs. So somethings work and some don’t so far. Anyways. I recommend trying this board if you want to try something new, but maybe not if you’re used to skating much smaller noses or tails. There’s a lot of fingers of flat on these so it takes a bit of effort for me and my indys.
[close]

Sounds great

Yep ventures would push the wheel base out..
[close]

Not sure if anyone cares anymore, but with regard to these Orchard decks, IMO they fuckin rule. After several hours, no complaints. The wood has amazing pop, and it feels like it's going to stay that way. In my mind the longer nose and tail do actually aid with nose/tail slides. I'm considering buying another. Pleasantly surprised by everything.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #26695 on: January 07, 2021, 03:33:56 PM »

Round 2:
Polar Hjalte 8”
Polar Shin Sanbongi p9
fuck you bama

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #26696 on: January 07, 2021, 03:59:19 PM »
Hows the p9 feel after riding the surf?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -766
« Reply #26697 on: January 07, 2021, 04:08:08 PM »
What trucks you guys riding the P9 on?

I'm on thunder cast 149 and I love it but every one swears Ace 44 is where it's at
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #26698 on: January 07, 2021, 04:11:22 PM »
More like a “traditional” board. I really like the stubiness and cut of the surf shape, but was hesitant to get another one after how quickly I broke it. Figured I’d try the p9 and revisit the surf shape sometime later(probably 2 weeks if I’m gonna be honest with myself)

I'm on thunder cast 149 and I love it but every one swears Ace 44 is where it's at
I have 44’s. I skated Thunders from 2005-the start of the pandemic. Switched to ACE thinking it was only temporary because of the gear shortage, but I wound up liking them
fuck you bama

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -766
« Reply #26699 on: January 07, 2021, 04:20:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
More like a “traditional” board. I really like the stubiness and cut of the surf shape, but was hesitant to get another one after how quickly I broke it. Figured I’d try the p9 and revisit the surf shape sometime later(probably 2 weeks if I’m gonna be honest with myself)

Expand Quote

[close]
I have 44’s. I skated Thunders from 2005-the start of the pandemic. Switched to ACE thinking it was only temporary because of the gear shortage, but I wound up liking them

Sweet

I'm starting to thinking I'm the only person the P9 on thunders. I do like it but I'm definitely gonna try ace as soon as I get some cash.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in