Author Topic: Ask Karl  (Read 259780 times)

ORGANIKARL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
Re: Ask Karl
« Reply #690 on: July 06, 2011, 05:41:13 PM »
Hey yo Karl, how many shots did it take you to land your ender in five flavours (switch bs 5-0 front shove out)? You seemed very relieved. Much respect.
Much respect to you too!!
Dude, that took me 3 months of trying it over and over again. Thats why I was so excited lol.  Good memory, my man..

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #691 on: July 06, 2011, 08:42:45 PM »
Expand Quote
I believe that you're bout to get hooked up with one of these joints from sweatercuff!

Yea, im a little jelly.
[close]
Wow! Who makes those? I would be stoked to get one!

me, and you will, just as soon as I can finish up the graphic to a point that I am atleast 75% satisfied with.
@idealhandmades

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #692 on: July 09, 2011, 10:57:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I believe that you're bout to get hooked up with one of these joints from sweatercuff!

Yea, im a little jelly.
[close]
[close]

me, and you will, just as soon as I can finish up the graphic to a point that I am atleast 75% satisfied with.
Dude, thank you! These boards are amazing!

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #693 on: July 10, 2011, 02:48:18 AM »
karl watson, you illuminati b?
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

swllbo

• Rep: 13
« Reply #694 on: July 10, 2011, 03:51:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeeee! I'm surprised I remembered that one, I just remember thinking Organika was definitely the better choice when I seen the name change and the graphics! Did any boards ever come out under that name? I can't remember seeing any.

Seth was the man, for sure. for anyone who's unfamiliar with him:? 

I remember going and buying those lakai's that he's wearing in the clip at the library of the nollie 180 heel over the gap cuz I was so hyped on him. So raw! I wish he would've stayed in the game longer, dude was killing it...maybe he still is, I'd love to see him reappear.

Peace wall is such a fun spot, a lil hairy at times but always a good heavy session going on. One of the big selling points of Berkeley for me!
[close]

His guest tricks in this is killer

[close]

YES! Is that spot in Berkeley? This was the banger back in the day and still holds up today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxV58zweX_w&feature=player_embedded#at=29

that pete rock beat slaps! sorry for the deviation, back to the questions peeps ha I'ma go make a seth cheeks petition thread...
One of the first guys I ever saw skate switch for an entire day without anyone knowing the difference. I would occasionally run into him while he was visiting MS, and he was always a super nice guy. I was bummed he never got his own board, but I think he decided to move on to other things.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #695 on: July 10, 2011, 11:22:49 PM »

figured here was a good place for some walker appreciation. little edit i made. when he turns pro ill be only skating his boards for atleast a couple months

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #696 on: July 11, 2011, 11:30:17 AM »
karl watson, you illuminati b?
Yes, how did you know?  :o

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #697 on: July 11, 2011, 11:31:55 AM »

figured here was a good place for some walker appreciation. little edit i made. when he turns pro ill be only skating his boards for atleast a couple months
Chillout, you did it again! This is beautiful my friend. What a good edit!!!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #698 on: July 21, 2011, 11:18:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Yea, im a little jelly.
[close]
[close]

Im soooo STOKED on my carpeted, wood stained hand painted cruiser board! Thank you so much for sending this to me  :o
[/img]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:58:30 PM by ORGANIKARL »

BraveUlysses

« Reply #699 on: July 21, 2011, 11:30:46 PM »
Would you ride for Real if Mickey told you he would beat your ass otherwise or would you take the brutal beatdown and stay loyal to Organika. Also the front nose pop in ender in the Lrg video was sick.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #700 on: July 22, 2011, 12:02:13 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #701 on: July 22, 2011, 12:03:28 AM »

Thanks for posting this for me, Tate. My computer wasn't letting me post it.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #702 on: July 22, 2011, 12:06:57 AM »
Would you ride for Real if Mickey told you he would beat your ass otherwise or would you take the brutal beatdown and stay loyal to Organika. Also the front nose pop in ender in the Lrg video was sick.
HAHA! Thats a tough one! I would have to take the brutal beatdown for sure. But Real is one of the best companies though, so i'd be honored. Thanks for the props too, BraveUlysses!

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #703 on: July 22, 2011, 09:28:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Thanks for posting this for me, Tate. My computer wasn't letting me post it.

HELL YEAH!
Psyched you like it Karl.
@idealhandmades

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #704 on: July 22, 2011, 12:35:38 PM »
Where's hood games at and when? I heard it was tomorrow
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #705 on: July 22, 2011, 02:43:12 PM »
Where's hood games at and when? I heard it was tomorrow
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/217/hoodgamesfrontandback1.jpg/ Please come tomorrow, its going to be fun!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #706 on: July 22, 2011, 02:45:37 PM »
It might be tough to see the address on the flyer so its in SF on Fulton at Webster. Starts at 10am  ;D

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
« Reply #707 on: July 22, 2011, 05:20:24 PM »
hey karl, if you could help one of the country's most active and established DIY spots ( www.marginalwayskatepark.org ) get $25,000 just by clicking some links, you'd do it right? and if you could use your position of influence with the kids to help even more, you'd do that, too right?

well.... http://pep.si/kO7QVU

we're chasing after this $25,000 grant from pepsi right now.

we're in 40th place right now, and we have to make the top 15 to get the money. 9 days to rise 25 places.... we gotta really power this thing through.

you can vote on the website, or by text, by texting 107335 to 73774.

you can vote every day between now and july 31st.

any help you can give us would be sincerely appreciated, man. if we get this money, we could completely finish the park by the end of this summer, get on the city power grid so we can stop running the generator for the lights and tools, get a much needed honey bucket, dumpster, etc.... this could be HUGE for us.

so if you could vote, and maybe facebook and twitter the link around for us from your various outlets, it would mean a lot.

thanks.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

marginal way

• making it happen
« Reply #708 on: July 22, 2011, 05:47:22 PM »
if you could just copy and paste the following into your facebook status a few times over the next 9 days, it would be a HUGE help getting us some much-needed votes. we've slipped into 40th place, and we need to really rally this deal to get it going. your help would mean a lot.

How to help @Marginal Way DIY skatepark get $25,000 from "Big Soda" in 5 easy steps....
step 1- pull mobile phone out.
step 2- send a text message to PEPSI (73774)
step 3- the text should read 107335
step 4- repost this everywhere.
step 5- repeat daily until july 31st.

or vote online at http://pep.si/kO7QVU

i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #709 on: July 22, 2011, 08:25:20 PM »
got my vote
@idealhandmades

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #710 on: July 22, 2011, 09:03:45 PM »
It might be tough to see the address on the flyer so its in SF on Fulton at Webster. Starts at 10am  ;D

Sick! I'll try to make it out there!
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #711 on: July 23, 2011, 12:07:06 AM »
hey karl, if you could help one of the country's most active and established DIY spots ( www.marginalwayskatepark.org ) get $25,000 just by clicking some links, you'd do it right? and if you could use your position of influence with the kids to help even more, you'd do that, too right?

we're in 40th place right now, and we have to make the top 15 to get the money. 9 days to rise 25 places.... we gotta really power this thing through.

any help you can give us would be sincerely appreciated, man. if we get this money, we could completely finish the park by the end of this summer, get on the city power grid so we can stop running the generator for the lights and tools, get a much needed honey bucket, dumpster, etc.... this could be HUGE for us.

so if you could vote, and maybe facebook and twitter the link around for us from your various outlets, it would mean a lot.

thanks.
Yes! Yes! Also, send me a PM with your phone number, I would love to help in other ways.

sheboyganheadben

• Rep: -21
  • shotgun to the dick
« Reply #712 on: July 23, 2011, 12:16:05 AM »
karl, craziest thing you've ever seen go down on a skateboard in SF without a camera.

also craziest thing you've seen a crackhead or vagrant do in SF.

also you're a pimp

"One time I was on mushrooms and I was skating vert and it was kill. Everything turned into sequences. Kickflips would be like: click, click, click...It was Kill"-Darren Navarette

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #713 on: July 23, 2011, 12:22:50 AM »
I should be at Hood Games tomorrow since it is so close to where I live. Wish I had an Organika board for you too sign. Anyways, should be a good little event. See you there Karl.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Molusk One

« Reply #714 on: July 23, 2011, 05:17:31 AM »
When you landed your ender in Five Flavours (switch bs 5-0 front shove out) you seemed very relieved. How long did it take you? Love from The Molusk.

marginal way

• making it happen
« Reply #715 on: July 23, 2011, 02:09:08 PM »
Expand Quote

thanks.
[close]
Yes! Yes! Also, send me a PM with your phone number, I would love to help in other ways.
HELL YEAH, KARL!!!! That's what i'm talking about.... Thank you so much.... PM sent.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #716 on: July 25, 2011, 10:05:32 AM »
karl, craziest thing you've ever seen go down on a skateboard in SF without a camera.

also craziest thing you've seen a crackhead or vagrant do in SF.

also you're a pimp
Dude, the hands down craziest thing I've ever seen in SF was when I was 16 years old hanging out with friends doing graffiti like at 2 or 3 in the morning.

Well, we were walking down Geary St. in the Fillmore District and we saw one of those long busses just stopped in the middle of the street. As, we approached with caution (because we were up to no good ourselves) we saw the bus driver lying  face down on the ground and his legs were still up on the stairs. It was such a crazy site to see. So we went up to the guy and called out at him to wake him up and see what was going on. When this middle aged black man lifted up his face it was a site out of a horror movie. The dudes face was all sliced up and his eyelid was just dangling. It was truly frightening! He told us in a seemingly drunk tone (but he was just effed up) that some Asian gangsters jumped him and stabbed him in the face.

Craziest thing i've seen crackheads and vagrants do is have sex in broad daylight with absolutely no regard for anybody watching. SF is a crazy yet beautiful place indeed.

Thanks for the question, my man!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #717 on: July 25, 2011, 10:07:09 AM »
I should be at Hood Games tomorrow since it is so close to where I live. Wish I had an Organika board for you too sign. Anyways, should be a good little event. See you there Karl.
Did you end up coming to the Hood Games, Mr Fongstarr?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #718 on: July 25, 2011, 10:11:11 AM »
When you landed your ender in Five Flavours (switch bs 5-0 front shove out) you seemed very relieved. How long did it take you? Love from The Molusk.
So funny because "The Molusk" was the name of the song I skated to in that part! Ween is the sickest!!!
I tried filming that trick for like two months. I was sooo relived indeed  :o

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #719 on: July 25, 2011, 01:16:11 PM »
having looked at that picture of you with the coffee cruiser a couple more times, I now realize that I probably should have made your board one of the bigger, longer shapes that I had going.
Have you set that thing up yet? and if so, are you able to get both feet squeezed on there somehow?
@idealhandmades