Author Topic: CAUGHT ON CAM: Skateboarder Violently Attacks City Park Ranger  (Read 7689 times)

Stolen Darkness

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
    • Candy Shop Skate Co. avatar image

www.candyshopskateco.com $35 Boards. Made in East Coast.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 343
Re: CAUGHT ON CAM: Skateboarder Violently Attacks City Park Ranger
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 12:52:40 PM »
would you have stepped in?

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Skateboarder-Attacks-Park-Ranger-271558881.html

yeah i woulda have.. granted i dont know the whole "backstory"- im glad the other skaters didnt jump the ranger.. i usually leave when security comes and tells me not to skate in a place their patrolling. i might ask "one more try" but usually i wont argue and ill leave .. i had the chance to skate LOVE once and it seems like they got a community thing going. shit like this will probably make it really tough for people to skate there and just reinforces the negative stereotype against skateboarders..
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 12:55:03 PM »
gotta hear both sides....

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 343
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 12:56:02 PM »
also any philly / love locals SLAP PALS here?? id like to hear what the current situation is between the authorities and skaters there right now...
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 01:14:28 PM »
that ranger can't fight for shit. he needs to be replaced

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 01:21:25 PM »
DAMN THAT WHITE BOY NEEDS HIS FINGER BROKE. HE WAS FURIOUSLY POINTING AT HOMIE SEVERAL TIMES WHILE HE WAS DOWN. SHITS FUCKED UP AND TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 01:24:21 PM »

true. But kicking people in the head is against all fight ethics.

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 02:00:59 PM »
i think the most frustrating thing about that whole clip is that small white skater just standing there like a pussy trash talking and feeling like a hard cunt. black dudes a piece of shit too,

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 02:04:15 PM »
i think the most frustrating thing about that whole clip is that small white skater just standing there like a pussy trash talking and feeling like a hard cunt. black dudes a piece of shit too,
Dude, what if I was related to them? I would be mildly offended.

deadhead

• Rep: -2
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 02:05:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

true. But kicking people in the head is against all fight ethics.

I agree, that blatant kicking in the head is pretty sickening to watch for me. Who knows what damage you can do from a kick to the head onto solid ground

@thewilleasley

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 02:14:13 PM »
that ranger can't fight for shit. he needs to be replaced

I actually kinda agree. Even tho the kids look like punks & those kicks to the head were foul, that was some pretty pathetic self-defense for someone of his position. Too much laying on the ground he could've at least tried to scurry back and create some distance or something. this nigga can't even secure his damn self how is he on payroll?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 02:40:06 PM »
Wow it takes a real tough guy to take down an old man. I seriously hope the guy who was in that video posts on here so you can read this. You are a giant fucking scumbag and coward if you have to kick someone in the head while they are on the ground. I hope the cops find you because there is a big charge for a move like that. Just showed my buddies in Philly this video and they are disgusted.

jayrolla420

• Rep: -4
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 02:55:55 PM »
Anyone else think "City Park Ranger" is a strange term?

shark tits

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 03:38:46 PM »
sounds like some of yuz never been in a fight. kicking someone in the head is how you keep them from getting back up. i think i've usually been really nervous when i did it, i'm not that big and if you're fortunate to be standing when the other person is not.......
ricky oyola did it on video back in the day. you gonna call ricky o a coward?
i felt bad for the old guy, just telling you my observations, dill.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 03:51:48 PM »
Kicking someone in the head that didn't want to fight in the first place is some hoe shit. I'd be pissed if I was a philly local, shit like this doesn't make it any easier for the people that live and skate there. I hope someone focuses his board every time he sets up a new one for as long as he lives. I hope Dave Duncan follows him around and throws jax under his wheels. I hope his girlfriend cheats on him with a longboarder. I hope he gets griptape thumb that doesn't go away. I hope he gets stuck in an elevator with Tracer. I hope his first born is handicapped. I hope a goblin comes up and eats his ass from the toilet like on Goolies 2. I wish him a lifetime of bad haircuts and constantly spilling stuff on white shirts. This dude is bogus.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -460
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 04:15:01 PM »
urban teens need to be preemptively jailed

kicking an old man in the head shows a complete disregard for human life. so you get kicked out of a post, big fucking deal, happens to everybody. you come back later. you don't get rambunctious and start a fight over it

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

dick wolf

• Rep: -7
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 04:25:49 PM »
gross.

the one kid with the camera and filming handle or whatever that his parents bought him all laughing and filming and then that dorky white talking shit.  The whole thing is gross.  That ranger may have been a prick, who knows, but that group of teenagers is embarrassing.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 04:39:09 PM »
I hope that kid gets his ass beat by some Love park locals. You have one of the last standing iconic skate plazas in the US and some sucker ass kid just made it a whole lot harder to skate at an already hard to skate spot.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 04:45:46 PM »
sounds like some of yuz never been in a fight. kicking someone in the head is how you keep them from getting back up. i think i've usually been really nervous when i did it, i'm not that big and if you're fortunate to be standing when the other person is not.......

Yeah, you sound like a real "tough" guy  ::)

dick wolf

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 04:52:54 PM »
I hope that kid gets his ass beat by some Love park locals. You have one of the last standing iconic skate plazas in the US and some sucker ass kid just made it a whole lot harder to skate at an already hard to skate spot.

that too...

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 05:12:56 PM »

This is the only thing people are going to see out of your post sadly. 

I'm all for whatever it takes but damn the dude was on the ground looking pretty helpless and shit, stomping him was so far over the line though, he needs his ass beat. 

Stop the black on black crime!
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2014, 05:19:06 PM »
urban teens need to be preemptively jailed

::)

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2014, 05:37:54 PM »
stepped in(?) fuck no!  that was a 1 on 1 and the ranger had his dukes up from the get go.  wtf  you talkin about? (i dont beat people up , that looked like a regular fight to me so i woulda  stayed out of it, plus i dont care about love park so fuk it)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 05:48:29 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2014, 06:00:55 PM »
Kicking someone in the head that didn't want to fight in the first place is some hoe shit. I'd be pissed if I was a philly local, shit like this doesn't make it any easier for the people that live and skate there.

Thank you. I'm a firm believer in the 'anything goes in a fight' logic, but this was not a fight, it was an attack. Ranger was not trying to fight the kids and he was not nearly enough of a threat to kick in the head. Spitting on him is just fucked.

Why was that little muslim lady only person it seemed was willing to even try to stand up for the ranger? Widespread complacency is sickening, people are too scared to intervene when there's an obvious wrong happening because they're too concerned with their own shit. Why risk getting hit yourself when it's someone else who's being assaulted? Because that's the right thing to do. If more people were willing to get involved then maybe little wannabe badasses like this group wouldn't be so brazen.

"Both sides" was pretty damned clear in the video. Anyone who's taking the side of the kids, especially of it's just because they ride skateboards, should sit back and take a hard look at the situation, reflect on their principles, and consider that there might be some things about yourself worth trying to change.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2014, 06:03:36 PM »
stepped in(?) fuck no!  that was a 1 on 1 and the ranger had his dukes up from the get go.  wtf  you talkin about? (i dont beat people up , that looked like a regular fight to me so i woulda  stayed out of it, plus i dont care about love park so fuk it)

It was clear from a short and poor quality video that the ranger was scared. He didn't look at all like he was acting aggressively. On the other hand, the dreaded kid was obviously the aggressor so the ranger took a defensive posture and the whole time just seemed like he was trying to protect himself w/o even trying to strike back.

[Removed asshole'ish comment that made overly general and unfair assessments about a person I don't know.]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:04:28 AM by Schismatic »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2014, 06:26:46 PM »
not backing this kid, but what is this "fight ethics" bullshit? Fighting is, at its very core, completely unethical. Trying to hurt another person as much as you can with your bare hands is never a nice thing to do, and about 99.9% of fights are completely unnecessary and avoidable.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2014, 06:30:15 PM »
This is horseshit:

the "old man" is 35 and his body language is plenty aggressive even when he's on the ground.

I don't advocate violence, but if you go around asking for it, sometimes you get it.

if you are scared or want to defuse a situation, you step back- you put your fists up, you better expect to use them.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 06:35:52 PM by botefdunn »

T.L.F

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2014, 06:46:36 PM »
since when is 35 old ? the kid is 19 and described as 5. 10 that means the ranger is atleast 6ft plus . The video starts with the ranger "shaping up" in a position to throw a punch , he appears to be a south paw. The kid backs away then . After that the video cuts to the kid in a headlock . I am not from america what type of power does a park ranger have ?

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 325
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2014, 06:59:01 PM »
Kicking someone in the head that didn't want to fight in the first place is some hoe shit. I'd be pissed if I was a philly local, shit like this doesn't make it any easier for the people that live and skate there. I hope someone focuses his board every time he sets up a new one for as long as he lives. I hope Dave Duncan follows him around and throws jax under his wheels. I hope his girlfriend cheats on him with a longboarder. I hope he gets griptape thumb that doesn't go away. I hope he gets stuck in an elevator with Tracer. I hope his first born is handicapped. I hope a goblin comes up and eats his ass from the toilet like on Goolies 2. I wish him a lifetime of bad haircuts and constantly spilling stuff on white shirts. This dude is bogus.
Haha! Yes to all of this.
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2014, 07:00:06 PM »
All other details aside*, the sanctity of the spot has to be respected.  I'm against any excessive action that is going to make a spot a greater bust for other skateboarders.  There's a ridiculous sense of entitlement when kids think they have an argument to present to someone kicking them out of a spot.  You just shut your fucking mouth, leave, and then come back.  This definitely falls into Gip's 99.9% estimate and is only going to make things more difficult on other skateboarders in the long run.

*All other details aside - except than the kid waving his finger.  I would have stepped in just to slap the shit out of that kid if he didn't look 13.

Edit:  Sorry, banksandledges, missed your post.  Exactly what you said.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:13:00 PM by chuck d »