Author Topic: Paradox Grip  (Read 41847 times)

grimcity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Paradox Grip
« Reply #450 on: June 15, 2009, 06:47:23 PM »
^
GG's a homie of mine and told the same over the phone. I'm leaning more towards the fact that you were rolling on a new deck, but I just applied my hologrip to a new complete I'm doing a video review for.

For the record, given Ari's completely non scientific "scientific" explanations & his healthy blend of mystical energies, I am a certifiable non-believer. However, I'm sure it's as good a griptape as any, but that's the extent of it. I plan on putting the deck I'm reviewing through it's paces, and though I think everything described about the grip (except for the grits used) is bullshit, I'll acknowledge anything extraordinary (that can't be explained by having all new gear). However, anyone that knows me here in real life also knows I'm one of the happiest, if not goofiest skaters in this area. I would hope that any powers this griptape has will manifest themselves regardless.

Having said that, my credit card has a hologram too, and that shit ain't balancing right at all.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 07:05:28 PM by grimcity »

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #451 on: June 15, 2009, 07:25:32 PM »

Having said that, my credit card has a hologram too, and that shit ain't balancing right at all.

hey-oooooo

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #452 on: June 15, 2009, 07:35:01 PM »

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #453 on: June 15, 2009, 07:43:38 PM »
maybe so, but what you didn't realize is that the credit card company embedded a special 'formula' in that hologram to make you spend more.

My name is Ari Penis-Gold and my penis is also in my mouth.

• Rep: -3658
« Reply #454 on: June 15, 2009, 07:49:09 PM »
maxx power: whoa..you could be onto something..

Grim: sorry i am not a scientist, just explaining it, how i understand it. but as far as the technology goes: peep the new issue of Rolling Stone with an article about PowerBalance in it with quotes from mainstream jocks who use it and endorse its effects.

Here are some more quotes from jocks who get really big paychecks to play their sport and alot of pressure to perform comes along with those checks.
TESTIMONIALS:

"PowerBalance keeps me focused and balanced every play, every day!"
-Mark Sanchez QB New York Jets 1st Round Draft Pick

"PowerBalance is a no brainer and I love the technology."  "The guys on my team love PowerBalance, thank you so much"
-Teemu Selanne Anaheim Ducks

"The added balance, strength, flexibility, and endurance Power/Balance gives me is incredible. But, more than anything, because of these benefits, Power/Balance gives me the extra bit of confidence I need to know that as long as I am wearing the technology, I will be performing at my very best."
-Jordan Palmer, NFL Quarterback, Cincinnati Bengals.

"Your Product Is Really Amazing!!!  After last nights game, I am anxious to get all of the players wearing the Power Balance Wrist Band, not just Steve Nash, Shaq & Barbosa."
-Steve Kerr, President, Phoenix Suns.

"When I first heard about Power/Balance, I thought oh great another product that is supposed to make you better at your sport that becomes more of a superstition than anything else. But when I wore it, I knew this was something special. I am torn between giving up this secret to my teammates and just keeping it to myself so nobody else has this edge. Haha!"
-Taylor Holiday, New York Yankees

"My sport is all about speed, power and balance. We have some of the greatest athletes in the world who apply their skills on a sheet of ice while balanced on a pair of blades. Constantly being hit, spun around and trying to get an edge on a opponent requires maximum concentration and body control. Since trying Power Balance I have been blown away by how great I feel on the ice. The best way I can describe the difference is that I feel more grounded and in control of what my body is doing. I have shared the product with my team and it is now in most guy's skates and shoulder pads. Trying to explain what a hologram is to my teammates didn't exactly sell them but the balance and flexibility tests with and without the product was an instant hit. We could not believe the immediate difference it made in our results. I am always looking for an edge in performance and I believe that we have found one in Power Balance. Thanks guys."
-Andrew Ference, Alternate Captain, Boston Bruins.

"I had been using some other products that were supposed to give me an edge on the competition, but I never really noticed anything. Once I got a hold of Power/Balance, I immediately noticed the difference. My ability to keep my balance throughout my entire swing was improved 100%."
-Bryan Petersen, Florida Marlins

"I am so stoked with Power/Balance that I have created my pro-model traction with Power/Balance technology built in&I would suggest this product for anyone who is looking to step up their game."
-Josh Buran, professional surfer

FAQS:
How was POWER BALANCE developed?

POWER BALANCE was developed as the marriage of two ideas: First, years of extensive research into holographic and lenticular media showed the complexity of the hologram and the fact that it can be programmed to hold certain frequencies.  Second, further research was necessary to understand what frequency it was that best promoted energy flow throughout the body.  Once discovered, this led to the unconventional programming of bio-resonating frequencies onto holograms.  The result was POWER BALANCE.  Similar forms of this technology have been used in Eastern medicine for centuries and are quickly being introduced and embraced in the west.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #455 on: June 15, 2009, 07:56:20 PM »
cant someone just shoot this guy? im pretty sure thats legal in the US.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

bobjohn

« Reply #456 on: June 15, 2009, 10:40:08 PM »
cant someone just shoot this guy? im pretty sure thats legal in the US.

I don't think he's black.

Boobies

• Rep: -8
« Reply #457 on: June 16, 2009, 12:45:18 AM »
I set Paradox up on my new Krooked board and I didn't notice any difference at all, actually I flung the board into my ankle after 20 minutes of skating and now it's all swollen and painful.

So if anything fuck you Paradox and your gypsy magic
 Which caused me to hurt my ankle

« Reply #458 on: June 16, 2009, 12:50:55 AM »
it works alot better if you think positive...sorry boobies

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #459 on: June 16, 2009, 08:47:27 AM »
Grim: sorry i am not a scientist, just explaining it, how i understand it. but as far as the technology goes: peep the new issue of Rolling Stone with an article about PowerBalance in it with quotes from mainstream jocks who use it and endorse its effects.
Dude, a football player will sell tampons if his agent tells hm to.
Thing is, you don't have to be a scientist to read this:

POWER BALANCE was developed as the marriage of two ideas: First, years of extensive research into holographic and lenticular media showed the complexity of the hologram and the fact that it can be programmed to hold certain frequencies.  Second, further research was necessary to understand what frequency it was that best promoted energy flow throughout the body.  Once discovered, this led to the unconventional programming of bio-resonating frequencies onto holograms.  The result was POWER BALANCE.  Similar forms of this technology have been used in Eastern medicine for centuries and are quickly being introduced and embraced in the west.
...and determine that it's garbage pseudo science.

I've actually spent a much longer amount of time researching Power Balance than I ever intended. I've read up on competitor's holographic well-being shits... I only hope you didn't lose a lot of money licensing these little inserts. I really mean that... I dig the Do Good cause, but if you aren't attempting to scam people (...at this point I think you're a true believer), you've been duped.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 984
« Reply #460 on: June 16, 2009, 12:14:57 PM »

Over 50 percent of marriages end in divorce so my odd's of receiving long-term stability from this are not looking good.

« Reply #461 on: June 16, 2009, 12:21:57 PM »
the mainstream athletes are not getting paid..they just use it to get an advantage.

It isn't a cure all for marriage either...

i am a true believer...and i am not attempting to scam anybody, just offer a superior product at a lower cost and donate a gross % to underwrite Doogood...

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #462 on: June 16, 2009, 12:39:37 PM »
the mainstream athletes are not getting paid..they just use it to get an advantage.

so you're comparing this along the lines of a performance enhancer for athletes?  dayum i thought those were illegal, immoral, and shrunk your wee-wee.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #463 on: June 16, 2009, 01:06:05 PM »
Ari, you know damn well that those mainstream cats are sponsored all the way down to their toilet paper. They aren't saying shit without some sort of incentive to do so from Power Balance.

dripping clit

« Reply #464 on: June 16, 2009, 03:52:13 PM »
I can't believe that guy would post those quotes about Power Balance.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #465 on: June 16, 2009, 08:58:27 PM »
so, to summarize... if I think happy thoughts I'll skate better, but I should buy your grip because it's magical?
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

« Reply #466 on: June 19, 2009, 10:28:17 PM »
 mcpeepantsyep yep.. and yep
Grim: not sure if power balance is lacing them up..but thought it would be cool to quote...

in general: Lizard is off, Jake duncombe is on
chris senn heard the hype, in china, and is stoked to try "the magic"  ..got a call from him outta the blue today..post when its official

you can now buy Paradox at the best shops in the bay, 510 and FTC....

Doctor Newton

« Reply #467 on: June 19, 2009, 11:13:24 PM »
Set up and skated my paradox finally.  It is great grip!  You guys can hate all you want but the grip is good.  I sanded it down with itself and still no crystals shed.  Isn't too gritty for new grip either.  Thanks for hooking it up for free Ari  8)

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #468 on: June 20, 2009, 04:30:07 AM »
I got my grip today and will set up a new board.
Thanks alot Ari.

« Reply #469 on: June 23, 2009, 09:12:22 PM »
Posted by: Doctor Newton
Insert Quote
Set up and skated my paradox finally.  It is great grip!  You guys can hate all you want but the grip is good.  I sanded it down with itself and still no crystals shed.  Isn't too gritty for new grip either.  Thanks for hooking it up for free Ari 

review from the Doc....whaa..another happy skater being happy, skating....yea...

FTC is where you can get Paradox in SF...go get some if you live in the bay, 510 also pushes Paradox...oh, did i mention, Sean Sheffey on Paradox and skating...got clips for the new promo even...dennis martin will be the man behind our video....

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #470 on: June 23, 2009, 09:53:47 PM »
have you hooked up any canadian slappers yet? if so ill gladly accept.

« Reply #471 on: June 23, 2009, 10:18:06 PM »
yes we have...but, alas all things have to end and well...we will do another promo soon....ask your local shop  to carry it....
Oh, did you hear? Jake Duncombe on Paradox....in case you didn't know...

INHABITANTS

« Reply #472 on: June 23, 2009, 11:23:38 PM »
ive already went threw the two sheets i got, and its definitly good grip, maybe not magical but im backing it.

« Reply #473 on: June 24, 2009, 07:19:51 PM »
Topic Summary
Posted on: June 23, 2009, 11:23:38 PM Posted by: INHABITANTS
Insert Quote
ive already went threw the two sheets i got, and its definitly good grip, maybe not magical but im backing it.

another good review!!

alumni

• Rep: -1
« Reply #474 on: June 24, 2009, 07:28:55 PM »
Backing it.....thx Ari....

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #475 on: June 24, 2009, 07:37:09 PM »
I don't really need a new board right now and I fucked up my ankle, so it will be a while before I can give an opinion. Thanks for the grip anyways!

Dying Sea

• Rep: 0
« Reply #476 on: June 24, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »
seems like big time joke to me.  he has to be messing around with everyone.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #477 on: June 24, 2009, 09:22:19 PM »
ari, if i get a sheet, can i change the ionization and positive charge of the grip by telling it that it's parents don't love it and it will continue making poor decisions in life?  will this effect the fun-to-magic ratio of my grip performance?  will this enhance my griptapes performance because it will now be eager to prove me wrong?

also does it come in green?

MahShugahNah 2.0

• Rep: -8
« Reply #478 on: June 24, 2009, 09:38:36 PM »
Review:

Ok, so I didn't try Paradox to prove anything wrong and I put it on as if it were any other grip tape. I didn't ride around with it on expecting to be able to skate any better than usual either, i had my standard positive mindset that I get when I get the chance to skate. And the griptape doesn't make a difference. I don't think that comes as a surprise to anyone here. It wasn't bad grip tape, it just wasn't "magic" (what a shocker). It skates like everyother grip tape you have ever tried, but at least it was free so no complaints.

After I skated it I looked into the alleged technology behind it and it's not even remotely credible. I say someone should give this thread the Simpson's treatment and let it die or something because this guy shouldn't be getting any more publicity.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #479 on: June 24, 2009, 09:44:09 PM »
the only reason it hasnt died yet is because every couple days he comes back and bumps all of his paradox threads. its getting annoying.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES