Author Topic: Which Bushings R U Running?  (Read 50852 times)

marcusbutler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 40
Re: Which Bushings R U Running?
« Reply #750 on: April 29, 2024, 11:55:25 PM »
The stock thunders finally kicked the bucket. Running the stock ones that come in ventures. Something about running thunders with cone/barrel combo. Last pair had the indy orange stock cone/barrel and they were perfect.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #751 on: April 30, 2024, 04:04:20 AM »
The stock thunders finally kicked the bucket. Running the stock ones that come in ventures. Something about running thunders with cone/barrel combo. Last pair had the indy orange stock cone/barrel and they were perfect.

You could also try to put a harder top bottom on your Thunders. I use some cut down Indy 92a tops and the ride and pop is hella stable.

I am 161 lbs and the nuts are flush. Stable but turny when I want them to.
IG: @flowterspace

smg1138

• Rep: 40
« Reply #752 on: April 30, 2024, 10:28:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Has anyone tried the new Doh Dohs cones? Seems to be a Bones competitor.

I know Shorty’s had plans for something similar back in the day but I never saw them available.

https://www.shortysinc.com/collections/bushings
[close]

Just ordered a pair of the 95a variants of these. I’ll measure them and post in here once I get them.

Looking forward to that info. These looks like they could be a good alternative to Bones.

rikki

• Rep: 286
« Reply #753 on: April 30, 2024, 11:59:38 PM »
This might be dumb ass question, but I wanna be sure so I don't end up misleading my fried homies at the park: changing the height of the top bushing in a truck doesn't affect the truck's overall geometry (such as the wb effect), right? Only the bottom bushing affects that, no?

Ok that was two questions. But still. Thanks.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #754 on: Today at 08:55:51 AM »
This might be dumb ass question, but I wanna be sure so I don't end up misleading my fried homies at the park: changing the height of the top bushing in a truck doesn't affect the truck's overall geometry (such as the wb effect), right? Only the bottom bushing affects that, no?

Ok that was two questions. But still. Thanks.

It is a funny one, with some people saying it does and others saying it doesn't, but keeping bottom bushing and washer as is will keep the geometry and overall wheelbase.  Changing the bottom bushing to a different shape - conical or cylinder, making it lower / taller or removing the washer will all have different effects on how the truck performs.

Changing height of the top one will change how much the truck will turn, usually a taller top bushing than what is on there means the turn might be less and resistance is going to be stiffer, but having a lower top bushing means the truck will be looser (unless tightened right down) so it will turn a lot more and have less resistance.

If tightened down, the top washer might hit the hanger a lot more too, so although the overall turn might be easier, it will get to a certain point and stop, or not turn much past that point, as per boards I have with minimal top bushings.

There are probably a few other options I could provide info on, but I will leave it at that for now.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.