Author Topic: The Thunder Thread  (Read 139731 times)

Vintagebody (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Thunder Thread
« Reply #2160 on: May 11, 2024, 11:06:25 PM »
I think if you’re a venture low person and are looking at a 2024 alternative, it’s a 147….

Tons of people quietly love their thunders….they just never been marketed well, but they don’t need to.  In the late 90’s into the 2000’s they gained more market share than anyone else…..

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 136
« Reply #2161 on: May 11, 2024, 11:23:58 PM »
I think if you’re a venture low person and are looking at a 2024 alternative, it’s a 147….

Tons of people quietly love their thunders….they just never been marketed well, but they don’t need to.  In the late 90’s into the 2000’s they gained more market share than anyone else…..
Why do i feel it was in the 2000s when they became popular. Kids picked them up cause their was 3 or 4 graphic thunders per drop, they were the lightest truck at the time and were cheaper than indys. I would go to any shop here and they would sell you thunders cheaper than indys.

I love thunders, but I'm 230 pounds and when i do flip tricks i tend to lean a lot on the way I'm going to rotate, doing this makes my thunders turn and my fs 180 flips end up looking like 130° flips. Coincidentally my best fs has been on Thunders but i have to make the effort to not lean too much. It's on me not the trucks. I love how they skate though.

Venture lows don't turn as much so i could do the lean thing with out turning my fs flip to 130 fs flip. I don't know if it makes sense.

Also, I noticed thunder base plates dig into the board more than ventures. Easy fix. Just rounding off the baseplate a bit with a file or left over black magic grip ;)

diplodocus

• Rep: 156
  • long neck
« Reply #2162 on: Today at 12:43:33 AM »
Expand Quote
PJ Ladd has been skating Thunders lately. You can see on his story.
[close]

Saw in a couple weeks ago (in person) riding Vents.  /shrug

(we were the only two people at this spot - and it's mostly flat and curbs; dude's super nice and we all know this, but his flat game is just so insane  :o

Anyone else notice how thunder and venture got rid of their team pages? No longer can see it from the menus on the site, but still accessible if you put /team at the end of the URL

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -766
« Reply #2163 on: Today at 01:52:40 AM »

Me in a nutshell. Love them both but the 147 is the perfect truck.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

GT

• Rep: -14
« Reply #2164 on: Today at 04:48:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Forged or cast plates??

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #2165 on: Today at 05:03:16 AM »
147s doesnt have enough kingpin clearence... 148s is the goldilocks thunder, imo

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -766
« Reply #2166 on: Today at 06:43:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Forged or cast plates??

Forged
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in