Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 124855 times)

cricketclub

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #180 on: June 07, 2019, 10:18:24 AM »
IMO The BA should have had hidden lace loops like the Tre although I never had either.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #181 on: June 07, 2019, 12:31:48 PM »
i am digging basketball shoes lately. i wouldn't mind if skateshoes would take some cues from modern basketball shoes but toned them down a bit and of course used suede or something skateable instead of knit materials that are very common nowadays.

watson, those j1s look like you had a real good time. would be cool if you could post pics of the puma suedes also after you're done skating them.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2252
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #182 on: June 07, 2019, 03:14:58 PM »
watson, those j1s look like you had a real good time. would be cool if you could post pics of the puma suedes also after you're done skating them.

Send me $10 and I'll show you as many pics as my shoes as you want you freakazoid.

Just kidding, shoes last me forever but yeah I'll post a pic at the end of the summer. The J's was the best time. I guess the ones I had actually resell now for lots of money but I don't regret skating them.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2019, 06:37:41 AM »
I know a guy who skated tommy hilf shoes from ross.
Seem to work fine enough for him.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #184 on: June 08, 2019, 06:49:14 AM »
*polo Ralph Lauren boat shoes.

*Nike dunks. the basketball ones, not the SB ones. used to be able to find these at every Ross. haven’t seen them in years. you can tell which ones are basketball ones because there is absolutely 0% padding in the tounge.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #185 on: June 08, 2019, 07:03:20 AM »
*polo Ralph Lauren boat shoes.

*Nike dunks. the basketball ones, not the SB ones. used to be able to find these at every Ross. haven’t seen them in years. you can tell which ones are basketball ones because there is absolutely 0% padding in the tounge.
I had regular dunks before Nike SB was happening and I think I do remember the tongue being thin and not a ton of insole support but man those were some of the best shoes I ever skated.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2019, 02:23:18 PM »
I’ve never tried the non SB dunks on but the cool thing about those is you can Nike ID your own colorway.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

chilespicedmango

• Rep: 0
« Reply #187 on: June 08, 2019, 03:45:44 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm trying the Nike Davinho out, just one session so far. I don't think I've seen anyone talk about them or skate them ever? Probably wrong on that. I have two pairs, I skated the other pair, not this pair:

The toe stitching already blew out after a few kickflip attempts, so I doubt they'll last long. But they fit and look great - I have a thinner foot so they're really comfortable - and have great grip.  A lot of soccer shoes or athletic shoes aren't too grippy, but these are.
[close]

nvm found my answer
thought of this shoe the moment i saw this thread. this may be my favorite shoe i’ve ever skated. I threw some extra insoles in from a pair of running shoes and was pretty good about shoe gooing them regularly. I found a pair on clearance in Shoe Carnival in 2014? Haven’t seen a pair since, i enjoyed these more than my SB Gatos to be honest.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1378
« Reply #188 on: June 08, 2019, 05:36:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm trying the Nike Davinho out, just one session so far. I don't think I've seen anyone talk about them or skate them ever? Probably wrong on that. I have two pairs, I skated the other pair, not this pair:

The toe stitching already blew out after a few kickflip attempts, so I doubt they'll last long. But they fit and look great - I have a thinner foot so they're really comfortable - and have great grip.  A lot of soccer shoes or athletic shoes aren't too grippy, but these are.
[close]

nvm found my answer
[close]
thought of this shoe the moment i saw this thread. this may be my favorite shoe i’ve ever skated. I threw some extra insoles in from a pair of running shoes and was pretty good about shoe gooing them regularly. I found a pair on clearance in Shoe Carnival in 2014? Haven’t seen a pair since, i enjoyed these more than my SB Gatos to be honest.

You can find them on eBay pretty easily. I bought a few pairs from a store called Sport Chek but they only have size 13s now. Great shoe for sure!

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #189 on: June 12, 2019, 07:33:41 AM »
Thrifted some Air Force 1s for like $12, considering skating them. Anyone here skated a pair before?

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: June 12, 2019, 07:41:17 AM »
Puleo skates them and I've been seeing a lot of locals skate them. Stevie got some clips in them. I can't imagine they are good. It seems like you can tell there is no board feel when you watch the clips. Obviously Puleo and Williams still pull it off mad steezy. If you don't need any boardfeel you might be able to make it work but I bet they are heavy and the traction won't be as good as an SB Dunk.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 07:44:19 AM by cricketclub »

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #191 on: June 12, 2019, 08:20:58 AM »
Thrifted some Air Force 1s for like $12, considering skating them. Anyone here skated a pair before?

Ha, that’s dope. I’ve been heavy into this idea over the last few weeks. I have skated some. CC is correct in that there is reduced board feels. But....so whut. You are still rolling. You kind of more club your board, not so much of a flick. Unless you are Cyrus and have some of the best kickflips ever. When I got mine a motivator was my foot pain. They help there. The shoes are heavy as fuck tho and my knees felt it. I’m made out of tissue paper apparently. I’ve been trying to find the ultra force ones that had the reduced weight. I also want to check the flyknit out. I’ll skate in anything tho. I was trying to find some harden 1s to try, the upcoming Jordan 4 flyknits depending on where the plastic overlays are....I looked at the Kobe ad. There is actually some Nike tennis shoes that have an e-cue like cage.
Blah blah. Do it

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1067
« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2019, 04:16:51 PM »

The soles are like platforms. I agree with poster above that you are clubbing your board with your feet. The soles have no grip and you can’t feel your board. Also, the ankle roll factor is high because of the hard edge on the sole.

For $12 you prolly aren’t going to be flossin’ In those thangs, so give it a try but they are a far cry from the Jordan 1s.

For my money Stan Smith’s and Superstars are the best nonskate skateshoe but they have to have terry cloth or fabric, respectively, interiors. All shoes with pleather interiors suck if your feet sweat.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #194 on: June 18, 2019, 01:14:45 PM »
has anyone skated reebok pump omni lites?

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2019, 01:57:15 PM »

This is the kinda shit I want to see.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2019, 01:58:13 PM »
they even come with that mean ass ollie pad of some sort.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2019, 07:18:52 PM »
Has anyone tried to skate IIs? Soles seem kind of thick. I have an older pair on ice, never thought about skating them before though.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 07:23:55 PM by os89 »

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #198 on: June 19, 2019, 07:55:12 PM »
Has anyone tried to skate IIs? Soles seem kind of thick. I have an older pair on ice, never thought about skating them before though.

Pretty sure I’ve seen one of those clout kids on the explore page skating a pair. Followed by someone skating the off white dunks
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #199 on: June 19, 2019, 08:22:06 PM »
look like Veloce hi’s

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2019, 11:07:57 AM »

Nathan Evans skates them in Green Apple Supper's Ready but I can't find it on YouTube. I'm sure wavytrillbaby or wheoever skated all those J's did in his section too.

I love that shoe and have always thought it would be sick, but the sole seems waaaaay too thick and hard to skate (for me anyway).

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #201 on: June 21, 2019, 11:51:29 AM »
I was late and I missed the twos in the lo.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #202 on: June 22, 2019, 09:15:58 AM »
I was late and I missed the twos in the lo.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #203 on: June 22, 2019, 10:08:31 AM »
I am keeping a few dusted 1’s and only because I thought the ones you chopped look sick. I suck at putting griptape on tho. So I’m really just hoarding them....

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #204 on: June 22, 2019, 10:35:44 AM »
Common Projects are pretty good. Yes.

Jcole

• Rep: 1
« Reply #205 on: June 22, 2019, 07:12:09 PM »
Gonna miss these gross ass shoes  :( also shitty iPhone quality

robby13

« Reply #206 on: June 22, 2019, 08:36:06 PM »
I had a pair of super worn Toms I loved to skate in tbh

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #207 on: June 22, 2019, 10:46:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is the kinda shit I want to see.
I skated same colour way in a thunder jam reebok as a kid about 89-90 i reckon.
When vision street wear was about the only sk8 shoes in oz cons and reebok b-ball shoes were my go to.. I couldn’t get Airwalks in kids sizes till like 91 in Australia

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #208 on: June 25, 2019, 10:07:50 AM »
Stranger Things x Nike “OG Pack/Independence Day”

Stranger Things x Nike “Hawkins High School”
Release Date: June 27th, 2019

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
« Reply #209 on: June 25, 2019, 10:46:22 AM »

i just copped some regular all courts cream suede off ebay for £5, could do with a clean but curious to see how they are compared to the all court cks im skating atm if/when i do skate them.