Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 124869 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #240 on: July 17, 2019, 07:37:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Those are mesh fabric.
[close]

*really nice mesh fabric.
[close]

you have these ones that have the exact same tooling, and have that synthetic leather toebox.

https://www.adidas.com/us/copa-19.3-indoor-sala-shoes/D98066.html

but I like those even better, which are more premium with suede toebox and bounce midsole:

https://www.adidas.com/us/copa-19.1-indoor-shoes/BC0562.html
damn son, I can get them for mad cheap in Japan :o Anyone actually skated them?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #241 on: July 17, 2019, 07:41:44 PM »
^ styrofoam or cottage cheese?

Yeah, boost looks like shitty refrigerator insulation, but I recommend trying on some shoes with it. Anyone who has spent a day in some shoes with boost knows what's good.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #242 on: July 18, 2019, 07:45:28 AM »
I’ve recently skated some James Harden 1s (older model adidas basketball shoe, boost) and can confirm they work, and are dumb comfy. Those adidas soccer shoes look sick. They had an adidas soccer shoe with Beckham and Zidane colorways, I was surprised adidas didn’t give them to someone to skate. I’m actually always surprised by this: adidas and Nike could/should give a few pairs of shoes from their ultra premium, non skate lines, to their skate team to skate. For so many reasons.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 841
« Reply #243 on: July 18, 2019, 10:37:50 AM »

Adidas Cloudfoam Super Daily. Tried a different pair of Cloudfoam on at Ross and liked them so I went on Poshmark and got a pair of these basically brand new for $15. The CF insoles are magic - it's like a memory foam pillow for your feet. I like it better than any of the Ortholite/Ultracush insoles I've tried both for skating and for work and walking. They're a little bit stiffer than I'm used to and the pair I have is pretty tight but I'm still breaking them in. They skate kinda like the old d3 era moonboots but without being so huge and clunky. Definitely not going to win any board feel contests but for skating long distances on rough streets and taking impact they're awesome. I've taken the insoles out and put them in some other shoes (Samba, Busenitz, Vans authentic) and its made every one of them feel better. Really wish Adidas would put CF in all their skate shoes.

If you look on Poshmark/Mercari/Ebay etc you can find them really cheap and just swap the insoles if you don't like the way the shoe skates.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #244 on: July 19, 2019, 11:07:15 AM »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

jums

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #245 on: July 19, 2019, 11:40:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Those are mesh fabric.
[close]

[close]

you have these ones that have the exact same tooling, and have that synthetic leather toebox.

but I like those even better, which are more premium with suede toebox and bounce midsole:

[close]

Guarantee these will look like shit after the first Ollie and will be done within a week... I skated a pair of nike tiempo before... same shit different brand. The adidas are even worse because of the mesh side paneling.

jums

« Reply #246 on: July 19, 2019, 11:48:01 AM »
Air force 1s are good but are an acquired taste for sure... and the board feel isn't bad but if you're jumping from vulcs to these chances are you won't like them.

If you don't land shit properly you will probably break your ankles due to the un-flexible 2" soles and stiff pleather upper... I skated a "premium" pair before with softer leather and they were good to me.

Reese and Gino...

and the ones they're skating are from when Nike used to make AF1s with good leather... not that shit that's currently out...

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 11:50:47 AM by jums »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #247 on: July 19, 2019, 11:53:12 AM »
that reese bs flip is the perfect trick tip sequence

jums

« Reply #248 on: July 19, 2019, 11:54:17 AM »
I know right?

Perfect form and execution, textbook bs flip.

Glurmpz

« Reply #249 on: July 20, 2019, 05:56:08 PM »
I really like the look of these:

I just saw loads of those in multiple colors on sale today. They had blue suede/gum sole, so I had to try them since they look so good on the shelf. Unfortunately they felt cheap and floppy, and looked gross when you look down at them on your feet.

That's one thing I don't understand - people always talk about the supposed 'superior quality' of the major sport brand shoes, but those shoes felt noticeably cheaper and less comfortable than almost any skate shoe I've tried. You could tell the suede would rip instantly if you skated them. When I put my skate shoes back on after trying the Adidas it was like stepping into luxury vs bottom of the line as far as comfort was concerned.

Maybe I just have a weird foot (I do), but I've always thought the skate shoe brands improve on sport shoe designs, both in style and quality for skating.

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #250 on: July 20, 2019, 07:00:49 PM »
Continental 80s are crappy quality. Try Shoes from the Adidas Skate line.

Front Blunt

• Rep: -4
« Reply #251 on: July 20, 2019, 09:10:16 PM »
I realize I'm posting another mesh soccer shoe that would get shredded in 2 minutes, but the concept of a slip-on cupsole with boost throughout the midsole sounds really good. These things with a more durable material, at least in some spots, would be an amazing skate shoe in my opinion. I'll probably get them for soccer, just cuz.

Honestly thats a great idea and i would like to see this as the next progression in skate footwear.

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #253 on: August 20, 2019, 11:05:36 AM »
Jordan 1s, 3s and 4s skate pretty good but they are way too expensive. You can probably find some mid or low 1s at an outlet for pretty cheap though

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 285
« Reply #254 on: August 20, 2019, 06:38:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Those are mesh fabric.
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Guarantee these will look like shit after the first Ollie and will be done within a week... I skated a pair of nike tiempo before... same shit different brand. The adidas are even worse because of the mesh side paneling.

I actually ordered both of these off an adidas sale recently (for around $35 a piece) to skate. Went with my size I usually get in Adidas. Couldn't even get my foot in the shoes. Granted, my foot skews wide but these were very very slim. Also, felt like an ankle roll waiting to happen.

Hope others have better luck if rolling the dice.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 07:30:13 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #256 on: August 22, 2019, 09:12:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Those are mesh fabric.
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I actually ordered both of these off an adidas sale recently (for around $35 a piece) to skate. Went with my size I usually get in Adidas. Couldn't even get my foot in the shoes. Granted, my foot skews wide but these were very very slim. Also, felt like an ankle roll waiting to happen.

Hope others have better luck if rolling the dice.

Those shoes run really small. Half size up for a snug fit and maybe full size if you have a wide foot... I guess football shoes are meant to be super tight, at least I remember my friends using extra socks so they get as tight as possible.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #257 on: August 23, 2019, 02:12:09 AM »
adidas a.r. trainer remind me of gatos

switchfakienollie

• Rep: 3
« Reply #258 on: August 23, 2019, 07:38:38 AM »
How are non-sb dunks?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2252
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #259 on: August 23, 2019, 10:11:54 AM »
The sole on my Pumas I was skating tore open, so I started skating some Reebok Club C Revenge. So far they feel really good. Super cushy but good boardfeel still. A pretty ideal cupsole actually.

I was super bummed that happened to my Pumas but I'm pretty stoked on these Boks, so I guess it all worked out.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1078
« Reply #260 on: August 23, 2019, 11:50:43 AM »
The sole on my Pumas I was skating tore open, so I started skating some Reebok Club C Revenge. So far they feel really good. Super cushy but good boardfeel still. A pretty ideal cupsole actually.

I was super bummed that happened to my Pumas but I'm pretty stoked on these Boks, so I guess it all worked out.

also skating the revenge. only thing id want is a more durable toe... but that's to be expected with non skate shoe. Otherwise excellent

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #261 on: August 23, 2019, 12:30:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

also skating the revenge. only thing id want is a more durable toe... but that's to be expected with non skate shoe. Otherwise excellent

Supergluing the seams on these is key. But yeah great shoe

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 340
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #262 on: September 06, 2019, 06:08:51 AM »
Anyone skated Converse Fastbreaks before?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #263 on: September 06, 2019, 07:47:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Supergluing the seams on these is key. But yeah great shoe
I super glued my Reebok Revenge right out of the box and the toe is holding up great. After a month I’m barely getting through the glue to the suede on a couple tiny heavy wear spots. A new layer and they will still keep going until the sole gets bald.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #264 on: September 11, 2019, 08:33:44 AM »

Wtf is Baekkel wearing here? Haha are they skate shoes?

animalflesh

« Reply #265 on: September 11, 2019, 08:38:37 AM »
Probably those Romero boots since he rides for emerica

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #266 on: September 11, 2019, 08:44:34 AM »
Probably those Romero boots since he rides for emerica

Ok yea your right, sure looks like it nice catch. Didn't think anyone actually skated in them.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #267 on: September 11, 2019, 05:06:42 PM »
Anyone skated Converse Fastbreaks before?
If you do some digging there some posts about the skate ones a couple years back in one of the pinned shoe threads, no clue about the non skate ones

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #268 on: September 11, 2019, 06:04:15 PM »
those romeros look sick

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.