Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 124869 times)

toe_knee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
  • Get bent
Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #1020 on: February 01, 2024, 09:02:17 AM »

Grabbed some Samba millenniums on Depop for cheap.
They should be here in a few days.
I like the idea of skating og sambas but I know that sole is too thin for me.
Anyone skated these?

Yes, loved this shoe, sole took some time to break in and get used to but they skated good, when they got to messed up I would wear the fucked up ones into academy and switch them out for new ones and walk out with them lol
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #1021 on: February 01, 2024, 11:22:37 AM »
Expand Quote

Grabbed some Samba millenniums on Depop for cheap.
They should be here in a few days.
I like the idea of skating og sambas but I know that sole is too thin for me.
Anyone skated these?
[close]

Yes, loved this shoe, sole took some time to break in and get used to but they skated good, when they got to messed up I would wear the fucked up ones into academy and switch them out for new ones and walk out with them lol
😂😂😂 my ex worked at Academy and she would lose her shit about people doing that 😂
I’m excited to give them a test run. It looks like the original copa nationale was a version of this shoe made for the skate line. Might have to track a pair of those down if I like these.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #1022 on: February 01, 2024, 09:47:04 PM »
I hate to be the tinfoil hat guy (especially because it interferes with the messages my guardian angel delivers through the fillings in my molars)…,
But,
Doesn’t it seem like every time non skate shoes get popular with skaters, the companies jack up the price?

Club Cs used to be cheap, so did Sambas, then boom… huge price increase.
It’s kinda bullshit.

My own take and observation on this lies in how skaters are "ahead" of trends or "create" the trend of what's popular in steet shoes or clothing. With that, I think  much of our timing on the spiked interest of the shoe comes right before they hit big with the general public (and prices go up).

This is likely because marketers for these big brands are forecasting trends and paying attention to subcultures that truly appreciate/enjoy the shoe/garment/etc. They use that in their next QX sales meeting to produce more or drive up prices since they expect it to hit with the general public shortly after. Skaters, for example show their shoes off (directly and indirectly) so they know they get the exposure to bank on the risk of it growing outward.

Maybe others feel similar or different or I'm pretty removed in this since I'm not an insider to these companies
Super Champion Fun Zone

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2252
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1023 on: February 08, 2024, 01:52:42 PM »

Mmmmmm baby, gonna have to get some of those white/black lows.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #1024 on: February 08, 2024, 08:24:16 PM »

Ooooooo the suede skate ones were good, looking forward to these
You want some queso?”

marcusbutler

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1025 on: February 09, 2024, 12:18:55 AM »
The Reebok X Beams Club C’s with the toe cap and padded tongues.

Did you actually skate these? I was thinking about these. But I feel the stubby toe cap would get in the way. CLub c's have been on my mind. Similar silhouette to the NB#440 i'm skating.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

marcusbutler

« Reply #1026 on: February 09, 2024, 12:22:57 AM »

Chunky Clyde’s

I skated a couple of these. Found them at ross. Actually good shoe to skate in. This had to of been at least ten years ago. Sad that puma skate didn't happen.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 775
« Reply #1027 on: February 09, 2024, 01:17:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Did you actually skate these? I was thinking about these. But I feel the stubby toe cap would get in the way. CLub c's have been on my mind. Similar silhouette to the NB#440 i'm skating.

i skated a pair of club c revenges last year, and they were probably my favorite shoes i’ve skated that year. they lasted longer than a pair of skate half cabs and like 95% of my skating is flip tricks on hips so i go through shoes quick. just put some super glue on the toe stitching

I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #1028 on: February 09, 2024, 05:16:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i skated a pair of club c revenges last year, and they were probably my favorite shoes i’ve skated that year. they lasted longer than a pair of skate half cabs and like 95% of my skating is flip tricks on hips so i go through shoes quick. just put some super glue on the toe stitching

I purely skate the club c, enjoyed the revenges, but when you buy them make sure they aren’t the “vintage” ones, those have that weird soft leather, the regular revenges are sick, right now im with the club c mid, been finding them for 40 bucks here and there online, put some super glue on them and they are prolly one of the best shoes I’ve ever skated, and I don’t have to worry about them being out of stock or something….but those club c bulls are wack
You want some queso?”

Argyle

« Reply #1029 on: February 09, 2024, 05:48:37 AM »
The Reebok BB4000 skates pretty decent when I had them earlier in the year. Had the Dime and regular versions and they were great. Lasted far longer than vans. Also think they look better than the bulky club C's but that's just me. Regular club C's are great though.

I'm being lazy and don't want to go back through the pages (apologies) but anyone skate the Adidas top ten or centennial 85? Recommend?

Also just saw some club c Hi's for cheap. Never seen them before in person. Anyone skated them?

ggrimmedd

• Rep: 23
« Reply #1030 on: February 09, 2024, 12:30:26 PM »
Anyone down to try some Mizunos? City Wind Mid seems like a good option for the mid top cupsole squad.

Ugly ah shoes lmao
:p

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #1031 on: February 09, 2024, 01:55:58 PM »
The Reebok BB4000 skates pretty decent when I had them earlier in the year. Had the Dime and regular versions and they were great. Lasted far longer than vans. Also think they look better than the bulky club C's but that's just me. Regular club C's are great though.

I'm being lazy and don't want to go back through the pages (apologies) but anyone skate the Adidas top ten or centennial 85? Recommend?

Also just saw some club c Hi's for cheap. Never seen them before in person. Anyone skated them?

I think the centennial 85 was made out of that soft leather, if you can get over that then they are a decent shoe, never messed with the top 10s though
You want some queso?”

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #1032 on: February 10, 2024, 05:04:39 AM »
Can’t recommend the Top Ten enough. Bought a pair around this time last year and they were legitimately one of my favorite shoes ever. It was that classic white/blue/red leather with a suede toe cap. Buy buy buy. 

Edit: never skated the centennial 85, had it mixed up with another shoe. Looks interesting actually.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 12:14:37 PM by chris. »

Argyle

« Reply #1033 on: February 10, 2024, 10:54:04 AM »
Can’t recommend the Top Ten enough. Bought a pair around this time last year and they were legitimately one of my favorite shoes ever. It was that classic white/blue/red leather with a suede toe cap. Buy buy buy. 

Centennial 85 is has a super spongy sole, felt awful for me.

Perfect, thanks. Will see if I can find some top tens.

Been skating the continental 80 and loving it so will take a look at what other Adidas I can find.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -214
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1034 on: February 11, 2024, 09:36:31 AM »
Expand Quote

Centennial 85 is has a super spongy sole, felt awful for me.
[close]

Perfect, thanks. Will see if I can find some top tens.

Been skating the continental 80 and loving it so will take a look at what other Adidas I can find.

I’ve got a few pairs of top tens on ice. Great shoot a skating. Feels like skating a dunk.

Everyone’s office sneaker of choice, the Nike Killshot is another solid skateable non-skate shoe.

2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #1035 on: February 11, 2024, 12:03:12 PM »

Predator Mundial

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #1036 on: February 11, 2024, 01:06:33 PM »
@skatan design

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 147
« Reply #1037 on: February 11, 2024, 02:22:03 PM »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1038 on: February 12, 2024, 12:41:48 AM »

Predator Mundial
@skatan design

Ahah I knew this one would pop here at some point. It was built as a casual shoe, I did try to make it a bit skate friendly, but not sure on the skate ability since it wasn't tested or built as a skate shoe.
The outsole is a bit too wide on the forefoot which might make it a bit weird to ollie/flick, but I haven't really tried.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1039 on: February 12, 2024, 07:25:14 AM »
Expand Quote

Predator Mundial
[close]
Expand Quote
@skatan design
[close]

Ahah I knew this one would pop here at some point. It was built as a casual shoe, I did try to make it a bit skate friendly, but not sure on the skate ability since it wasn't tested or built as a skate shoe.
The outsole is a bit too wide on the forefoot which might make it a bit weird to ollie/flick, but I haven't really tried.

Nice work. I have some copa mundials for indoor soccer. If I blow those out, I'll look for these.

Is there a specific name shoe designers use for the "soccer style" stitching in the toe area, or any similar kind of stitching that creates a pattern of depth in the material like on the Jordan 12 or Nike Air Total Max Uptempo (Reggie Millers)?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1040 on: February 12, 2024, 08:20:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Predator Mundial
[close]
Expand Quote
@skatan design
[close]

[close]

Nice work. I have some copa mundials for indoor soccer. If I blow those out, I'll look for these.

Is there a specific name shoe designers use for the "soccer style" stitching in the toe area, or any similar kind of stitching that creates a pattern of depth in the material like on the Jordan 12 or Nike Air Total Max Uptempo (Reggie Millers)?

Thanks man!

The term you're probably looking for is "quilting", which is done by stitching through fabric or leather with foam in the middle, creating that padded effect.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 729
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #1041 on: February 12, 2024, 08:32:21 AM »
The 574 Court, formerly(?) all coasts, isn’t a skate shoe but maaaan. It sure skates like one.

For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1042 on: February 12, 2024, 08:35:12 AM »

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #1043 on: February 15, 2024, 12:50:20 AM »
Maybe Nike can SB this model..perfect for wide feet dudes

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1044 on: February 15, 2024, 01:26:22 AM »
The 574 Court, formerly(?) all coasts, isn’t a skate shoe but maaaan. It sure skates like one.

For some reason that cw gives me heavy Karangelov vibes. I know a bunch of people who swear by those.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -214
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1045 on: February 16, 2024, 09:36:20 AM »
Air Max 97’s once they're dogged out would not be bad at all.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1078
« Reply #1046 on: February 16, 2024, 10:07:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ooooooo the suede skate ones were good, looking forward to these
'

I skated weapons in highschool. Got a some from ross for maybe $20. They didn't hold up. This was like 2006-7. I was however a huge fan of the cons weapon x

teendeathmatch

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1047 on: February 22, 2024, 04:02:35 PM »
yoo. first time posting on here but I was wondering if anyone has skated the jordan air ship? Im skating some jordan 1's rightt now and I'm really liking them but im definitely not trying to pay $130+ every time I need new shoes to skate. I've been seeing the jordan air ship that looks really similar and they're typically around $80 for a pair so I was thinking about grabbing those but just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them at all?

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #1048 on: February 22, 2024, 06:18:08 PM »
Always thought the Nike Book 1 would skate great but just saw a dude trying to flex skating a limited pair.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2252
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1049 on: February 22, 2024, 07:57:00 PM »
yoo. first time posting on here but I was wondering if anyone has skated the jordan air ship? Im skating some jordan 1's rightt now and I'm really liking them but im definitely not trying to pay $130+ every time I need new shoes to skate. I've been seeing the jordan air ship that looks really similar and they're typically around $80 for a pair so I was thinking about grabbing those but just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them at all?

I've never seen the Air Ship in person but it seems to be the same sole as the OG Jordan 1 and I'm assuming built on the same last so they should skate pretty damn near the same I would guess. If you go through with it, report back. I've eyed them up as well!