Author Topic: epically templetits  (Read 43820 times)

Fongstarr.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: epically templetits
« Reply #330 on: March 27, 2014, 07:29:01 PM »
They are all from Huntington Beach.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #331 on: March 27, 2014, 07:31:54 PM »
so glad i got to see ed nosebluntslide across and down a funbox 12 years ago that i'm pretty sure noone had done before him. it's one of my favorite memories from that period.

FFUR YLLIB

• Rep: 12
« Reply #332 on: March 27, 2014, 07:45:08 PM »
Wow. I'm speechless. The Senn stuff left a giant lump in my throat. I had to put it on pause for a bit.
www.postcountdoesnotequaldicksize.com

"shut up bitch" - sheffledge

Unbridled Technical Precision

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • C.H.Z.
« Reply #333 on: March 27, 2014, 08:23:47 PM »
Wow. I'm speechless. The Senn stuff left a giant lump in my throat. I had to put it on pause for a bit.

Fgt

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #334 on: March 27, 2014, 08:27:05 PM »
So good on all levels.  My Pops used to skate and years ago when he was skating with me he dislocated his knee sideways super bad doing practically nothing.  He managed to recover and started mountain biking heavy and eventually got a BMX and learned 180s, 360s, barspins, and tons of other shit around the ages of 49-51.  It is the raddest thing to be able to rip the skatepark with my Dad and watch him progress at that age on the level of the local kids, and now he is doing dirt jumps.  My Mom has had to deal with him being injured from multiple things, and she hates it, and now even I have that fear of wondering if he will push it too far and hurt himself permanently.  It is a terrible catch 22, because we would never want to take away this thing he loves so much.  Heavy shit.
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #335 on: March 27, 2014, 08:35:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fgt

Senns side:

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #336 on: March 27, 2014, 10:08:29 PM »
Expand Quote
I sort if wished Templton's Epicly Later'd spawned into sub-episodes of other riders on Toy like how Patrick did it when he did the Beauty and the Beast tour. Just like interview riders that got on or are still on and their experience with Toy Machine. Would be kind of cool to get some insight on Diego, Jay Lay, Austin Stephens and even Trapasso.
[close]

THIS, seriously i would love to see donny barley and mike maldonado talk about toy. At least get elissa steamer involved in this, it would be hilarious to see patrick o'dell interview BAM.

All this shit is well documented. Watch the Elissa Steamer and Brian Anderson episodes. Fuck...

Sheffledge

• Rep: -109
« Reply #337 on: March 27, 2014, 10:12:13 PM »
1281 FOREVER

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #338 on: March 27, 2014, 10:23:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fgt
[close]

Senns side:

Someone should recut Episode 6 with Senn's interview.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #339 on: March 27, 2014, 10:54:40 PM »
Like everyone said that was incredible and made me emotional, its definitely hard to imagine the end of skateboarding in my life because at this point its been so important for so long.

But can someone tell me what Tosh Townend was doing in the likes of Ed and Hosoi at that park or whatever?
Hey man, Tosh Townend was on Tanked.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #340 on: March 27, 2014, 11:13:13 PM »
Wish even Senn had something to say about Toy but I guess that is asking for too much.

I actually really liked how they added that new footage of the Vans skatepark opening at the end. Kind of cool to see Vans realizing Ed when he has nothing to do with their brand. Cool to see Tosh cameo too. Wish that dude skated again.
He touched on it in his free lunch, but it woulda been rad to get into it in this epicly laterd

EDIT i just saw j soy post this
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 11:17:52 PM by cornholio »

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #341 on: March 28, 2014, 01:45:59 AM »
O'Dell if you're reading this.......Senn and/or Barley on EL please !

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #342 on: March 28, 2014, 05:26:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fgt

This place is funny, basically Ed did to Senn what Vallelly did to him.

Without threatening to beat him up..

twitchflip

• Rep: 58
« Reply #343 on: March 28, 2014, 06:04:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fgt
[close]

or stealing his money and lying about it

b.v.

« Reply #344 on: March 28, 2014, 07:26:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fgt
[close]

There is a huge difference between stealing someones check and lying to them sending them on a wild goose chase until you have no choice but to confess that you robbed them of their pay vs having a budget cut and having to pick A rider to let go.
Maybe the industry presented A similar situation but how Ed and Mike handled it are night and day.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #345 on: March 28, 2014, 07:52:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fgt
[close]

Its not the same thing at all

shark tits

« Reply #346 on: March 28, 2014, 07:56:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fgt
[close]

[close]

Its not the same thing at all
yeah, uh having to lay someone off due to budgetary constraints ain't got shit to do w/ housing someone's check that they earned and working yourself up into a histrionic rage so that you're ready to fight them if they bring up 'their' paycheck to you again.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #347 on: March 28, 2014, 08:33:27 AM »
watching this at work and trying not to tear up was really hard.

fantastic series from start to finish. i would love to sit down and re-watch the whole thing.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #348 on: March 28, 2014, 08:50:56 AM »
Ed wins...

His wife's shit is valid.....6 concussions is gnarly.....and life is long...

Best one since Cardiels.....

FFUR YLLIB

• Rep: 12
« Reply #349 on: March 28, 2014, 08:57:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fgt

Seriously?
www.postcountdoesnotequaldicksize.com

"shut up bitch" - sheffledge

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #350 on: March 28, 2014, 09:21:40 AM »
Ed wins...

^Yeah.

I guess dudes try not to think about it, but I know I'm gonna be hurtin' as an old man, I couldn't imagine if I spent a decade-plus jumping down big shit how it would feel.  Of course wives are gonna worry, but it's a more salient concern for guys skating 13+ stair rails.  The Retirement Home for Pro Skaters is gonna be a grim, pain-filled place. 

BUT LOOK I WAS IN A MAGAZINE!  It's hard to fault guys for cash-grabbing when you think about it that way.

I wonder what Deanna meant by not recognizing Ed after an injury?  I know when I've broken my leg I was on hydromorphone like a motherfucker, maybe she's referring to him being in a pained, dopey haze?

This was maybe the best EL yet, and it made me think about my mortality, and now I'm sad thanks Patrick.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #351 on: March 28, 2014, 10:18:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fgt
[close]

[close]
There is a huge difference between stealing someones check and lying to them sending them on a wild goose chase until you have no choice but to confess that you robbed them of their pay vs having a budget cut and having to pick A rider to let go.
Maybe the industry presented A similar situation but how Ed and Mike handled it are night and day.

There is a big difference between those two things you just made up yes but less of a big difference between keeping someone's cheque for a bit and kicking someone off a team because you owe them a lot of money.

shark tits

« Reply #352 on: March 28, 2014, 10:21:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Ed wins...

[close]

^Yeah.

I guess dudes try not to think about it, but I know I'm gonna be hurtin' as an old man, I couldn't imagine if I spent a decade-plus jumping down big shit how it would feel.  Of course wives are gonna worry, but it's a more salient concern for guys skating 13+ stair rails.  The Retirement Home for Pro Skaters is gonna be a grim, pain-filled place. 

BUT LOOK I WAS IN A MAGAZINE!  It's hard to fault guys for cash-grabbing when you think about it that way.

I wonder what Deanna meant by not recognizing Ed after an injury?  I know when I've broken my leg I was on hydromorphone like a motherfucker, maybe she's referring to him being in a pained, dopey haze?

This was maybe the best EL yet, and it made me think about my mortality, and now I'm sad thanks Patrick.
i think he had temporary amnesia and didn't recognize her immediately. like early onset alzheimer's disease. must've been awful for deanna.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #353 on: March 28, 2014, 10:24:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fgt
[close]

[close]
[close]

There is a big difference between those two things you just made up yes but less of a big difference between keeping someone's cheque for a bit and kicking someone off a team because you owe them a lot of money.

He didn't kick Senn off because he owed him money, he kicked Senn off because he wasn't going to be able to pay him going forward.  Also, Mike didn't just keep Ed's check for a bit, he never gave it to him.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2542
« Reply #354 on: March 28, 2014, 10:51:00 AM »
The two situations are incomparable, but Senn did claim that Ed owed him money before kicking him off in that Free Lunch up there...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:53:36 AM by Alan »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #355 on: March 28, 2014, 11:33:47 AM »
I was surprised how little Todd Swank was in it....I think that Senn thing was just a bad situation....it sucks but you can see....Ed felt he lost a friend and Senn felt hosed out of money.....Ed takes it to heart that Senn would have rode for free.....yeah right.....Senn rode for Element....

So much respect for Ed....comparatively you look at Caroll and Rick....they always had their bros backing them....Ed never had anyone other than his wife.....

It's a reasonable question to ask after the age of 30.....'how are you going out?  Sunset? Curtains?'.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #356 on: March 28, 2014, 04:34:14 PM »
Definitely my favorite EL. That Senn stuff was rough. When Templeton said that Senn told him "I would have rode for you for free", I got a lump in my throat too.

I really enjoyed Deanna's thing at the end. It was a nice, honest response.

Pat did an awesome job on this one. Seriously can't wait to see what's lined up.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #357 on: March 28, 2014, 04:44:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fgt
[close]

Seriously?
Yeah dude, he was so dead serial.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #358 on: March 28, 2014, 04:54:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Ed wins...

[close]

^Yeah.

Judging from the clips, probably after he broke his neck. Looked pretty goddamn bent out of shape there, and I can only imagine how heart-wrenching that is for a loved one.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #359 on: March 28, 2014, 04:56:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ed wins...

[close]

^Yeah.

[close]

Judging from the clips, probably after he broke his neck. Looked pretty goddamn bent out of shape there, and I can only imagine how heart-wrenching that is for a loved one.

She meant Ed not recognizing her after a concussion.