Author Topic: Removing only music from an already edited video.  (Read 485 times)

FrenchSkater

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 28
Removing only music from an already edited video.
« on: January 17, 2024, 04:56:43 AM »
Hello everyone ! For an archive Instagram page, I would like to re-edit a part that I put together a long time ago. I no longer have the raw videos or the editing project in Premiere Pro. (the share in question dates back to 2013)

I would like to simply remove the music I used and leave the raw skate sound only. Do you know by some miracle if this is possible ? I don't want to remove the general audio and just put back another music with the silent skate sound. The importance is above all to hear the pop and the landing of the tricks. I don't know if it's possible, well, with computers and technology everything is possible when you think about it.. Thanks to whoever finds the solution haha !

doyle

• Rep: 213
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Removing only music from an already edited video.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 07:42:09 AM »
I don't think there's a magical simple solution, unfortunately. When I've done this in the past I've just replaced the audio with similar raw skate clips that I filmed or taken from Raw Files on Thrasher.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 08:17:39 AM »
As far as I know I don't think its possible to just remove the song and keep the actual skate audio. The only way I think it would be possible is if you had the original clips and the original premier (or what ever software) file. Because then you would be able to see the audio track and the actual footage track.

moshandwallies

• Rep: -2
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 07:55:42 PM »
The only way to do it is delete audio (song and skate audio) and then use skate sounds from other raw clips if you don’t have the original ones

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2024, 09:08:45 PM »
You could try it with an AI stem splitter like lalala https://www.lalal.ai/
would be cool to see if it works.  You could remove the music layer by layer till there's nothing left, but I reckon song vocals and ambient vocals might get muddled.  Skate sounds should just pop out i'd think, or they'll get lumped with drums
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 09:29:18 PM by radcunt »

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2024, 03:55:39 AM »
Just add some looney tunes sound effects and you are good to go

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2024, 10:31:26 AM »
I think it could be done to an extent. Years ago YouTube claimed a copyright on one of the songs in my video and there was an option to remove the song but keep the audio. From what I remember, they were able to pull some skate sounds from the overall audio. It wasn’t perfect but now with the advancement in tech and AI, I feel like it should be possible somehow.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2024, 12:24:37 PM »
What they said ^ I’ve noticed YouTube is capable of doing this. You would think there’s some AI software where you plug the song in and tell it to remove only that song, that it would be possible.

My friend has software that will pull the vocals from any song but leave the rest and it works surprisingly well. If there isn’t a solid solution to this yet, there will be in the next year or two and skate video remixers will rejoice

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2024, 05:40:52 PM »
It can be done, not without artifacts, however. And it depends on the specifics. You can send it my way and I’ll try.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2024, 11:08:13 AM »
It can be done, not without artifacts, however. And it depends on the specifics. You can send it my way and I’ll try.
What software do you use for this?

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2024, 03:29:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Steinberg Wavelab, iZotope RX, some other plugins. But the basic trick can be done with any audio editor, adding a phase-inverted copy of the music track to the audio from the video, effectively subtracting the music. It requires the music track to be as close to the one originally used in the video as possible, including MP3/M4A compression (if any), level, other processing. With some tweaking results are usable.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2024, 03:31:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Steinberg Wavelab, iZotope RX, some other plugins. But the basic trick can be done with any audio editor, adding a phase-inverted copy of the music track to the audio from the video, effectively subtracting the music. It requires the music track to be as close to the one originally used in the video as possible, including MP3/M4A compression (if any), level, other processing. With some tweaking results are usable.
This is great. I knew something like this method was possible. Thank you!