Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8717496 times)

Mean salto and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

CarcassToss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 28
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #51930 on: Today at 04:57:08 PM »
Is the 30+ crowd really buying all these reissues. Cowtown is one of my locals and they claim that generally these types of shoes do not sell well and most consumers that weren't around for those eras just don't care even if they've seen the videos.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #51931 on: Today at 05:03:29 PM »
Is the 30+ crowd really buying all these reissues. Cowtown is one of my locals and they claim that generally these types of shoes do not sell well and most consumers that weren't around for those eras just don't care even if they've seen the videos.
my opinion? they're buying the reissues more than they were buying any other of those godawful shoes soletech/dc was putting out. cowtown is in AZ, no? who's gonna wanna wear a heavy ass brick in those temps. they're pricey too, so the amount of people who wanna buy them are pretty limited. generally, when they're overdone, they don't sell. a hundred colorways of the same shoe? won't sell. well-done and limited releases? they're actually doing alright. especially with those kids who want to be as 1/1 to the 90s/00s as possible. some guys I know are really interested in old DC, eS and etnies. just like the feeling they get from those shoes, feel they last a lot longer because they're so thick.

CarcassToss

• Rep: 28
« Reply #51932 on: Today at 05:58:32 PM »
They're in AZ but one of the bigger online retailers. AZ actually has a massive amount of skaters as they've been countless parks here and weather is at least dry all year.  Kids don't give a shit about breathability they mostly care about aesthetics and maybe performance.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #51933 on: Today at 07:46:24 PM »
They're in AZ but one of the bigger online retailers. AZ actually has a massive amount of skaters as they've been countless parks here and weather is at least dry all year.  Kids don't give a shit about breathability they mostly care about aesthetics and maybe performance.
they're entitled to their opinion, my local has great success with the reissues. east coast shops seem to do alright with them. cowtown can say and think what they want, but it doesn't mean they're right. 

Shuh

• Rep: 4
« Reply #51934 on: Today at 08:45:08 PM »
It doesn’t seem to work with how wide the shoe looks

I held both reboot og and the og og toe recently in my hands, i think i looks better in person regarding og og toe which accel fit looks its based on

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 834
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #51935 on: Today at 09:13:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
they're entitled to their opinion, my local has great success with the reissues. east coast shops seem to do alright with them. cowtown can say and think what they want, but it doesn't mean they're right.
Markets certainly fluctuate on a regional level but I can see where cowtown is coming from. I’ve tried the re-issues a handful of times at the shop and they just sit. The kids here don’t care and barely any of the guys I used to skate with, who would have nostalgia for the re-issues, haven’t touched a board in over a decade.