Author Topic: && Has Reinvented the Skateboard Again  (Read 14467 times)

LebowskisRug

Re: && Has Reinvented the Skateboard Again
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2022, 04:32:02 PM »
Dan Corrigan came to a local park to film and holy fuck was it annoying. His spastic random lines and constant screeching of wheels made it distracting and hard to fucking know where he was going and actually skate at the same time. I dunno if the mic picks it up but he basically yells all the time. It's like one of those videos except you're in it and can't escape.

I get the whole "casually dinking around doing random little tricks" vibe is how people sometimes skate when hanging with their friends and he's better than I'll ever be, but I don't get how the persona is successfully marketed. Those followers can't all be real.

cucktard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2022, 04:41:01 PM »
looks like steezy skateboarding watches this thread

Feeble to fakie on the barrier and kickflip into the steep bank we’re sick. I wish someone would make an edit of &&’s really good stuff. I’m a fan, but I’m getting a bit tired of caspers and spacewalks.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2022, 04:52:57 PM »
Dan Corrigan came to a local park to film and holy fuck was it annoying. His spastic random lines and constant screeching of wheels made it distracting and hard to fucking know where he was going and actually skate at the same time. I dunno if the mic picks it up but he basically yells all the time. It's like one of those videos except you're in it and can't escape.

I get the whole "casually dinking around doing random little tricks" vibe is how people sometimes skate when hanging with their friends and he's better than I'll ever be, but I don't get how the persona is successfully marketed. Those followers can't all be real.

That pyramid ledge thing with Andy sums him up. Rolling up looking like he’s sizing up the spot, but never doing it.

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2022, 05:27:14 PM »
Feeble to fakie on the barrier and kickflip into the steep bank we’re sick. I wish someone would make an edit of &&’s really good stuff. I’m a fan, but I’m getting a bit tired of caspers and spacewalks.
66% less of && would go a long way. I don't know why someone hasn't figured that out.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2022, 05:34:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
66% less of && would go a long way. I don't know why someone hasn't figured that out.
Blame algorithms and engagement on that one.

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2022, 06:54:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Blame algorithms and engagement on that one.
Fair

wahwahwah

• Rep: -3
« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2022, 05:21:31 AM »
Expand Quote
looks like steezy skateboarding watches this thread

[close]

u cant just edit out the cancer that aint how it works dude

and especially in the case of && cuz the cancer is about 90% of his skating
Sipe nousee sisään,
Niin nousee herkkokin.

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -61
  • eight equals d
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2022, 04:27:55 PM »
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1089
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2022, 05:01:14 PM »
"Heron Egg" lol. I hope they're trolling.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

L dog

• Rep: -20
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2022, 05:54:38 PM »

he has the mannerisms of an influencer.

'i'm SO excited for you to try it out'

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2022, 11:09:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wouldn't be surprised if there was a new Powell riders handbook that told the team how to speak.

djoekr

• Rep: 301
« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2022, 11:28:03 PM »
Did he just darkslide the same rail as Trung Nguyen's ender? Is this the beginning of the Darkslide Wars?
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2022, 12:36:25 PM »
thought this was jokes, can’t picture an angry Walker Ryan.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2022, 12:42:32 PM »
thought this was jokes, can’t picture an angry Walker Ryan.

&& = uncultured swine

How dafuq do you not know who Walker Ryan is?

PisstickleTypeExperience

• Rep: -1
« Reply #164 on: September 22, 2022, 12:59:16 PM »

That's pretty funny, reminds me of a time when Dan Corrigan came to a local park to film and holy fuck was it annoying. His spastic random lines and constant screeching of wheels made it distracting and hard to fucking know where he was going and actually skate at the same time. I dunno if the mic picks it up but he basically yells all the time. It's like one of those videos except you're in it and can't escape.

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #165 on: September 22, 2022, 05:43:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's pretty funny, reminds me of a time when Dan Corrigan came to a local park to film and holy fuck was it annoying. His spastic random lines and constant screeching of wheels made it distracting and hard to fucking know where he was going and actually skate at the same time. I dunno if the mic picks it up but he basically yells all the time. It's like one of those videos except you're in it and can't escape.

really, you don't say... that reminds me of a time when Dan Corrigan came to a local park to film and holy fuck was it annoying. His spastic random lines and constant screeching of wheels made it distracting and hard to fucking know where he was going and actually skate at the same time. I dunno if the mic picks it up but he basically yells all the time. It's like one of those videos except you're in it and can't escape.

Goodcurbs

• Rep: -279
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #166 on: September 22, 2022, 05:46:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

really, you don't say... that reminds me of a time when Dan Corrigan came to a local park to film and holy fuck was it annoying. His spastic random lines and constant screeching of wheels made it distracting and hard to fucking know where he was going and actually skate at the same time. I dunno if the mic picks it up but he basically yells all the time. It's like one of those videos except you're in it and can't escape.

All you got to do is bring a blue tooth with copyrighted music. The louder the better.

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #167 on: September 22, 2022, 06:24:03 PM »
wow, an actual good post from goodcurbs

Marv

• Rep: 99
« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2022, 12:24:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Wouldn't be surprised if there was a new Powell riders handbook that told the team how to speak.

I’d bet there absolutely is. The stuff being said by &&   and even in that Nine Club review of the dragon wheels seemed scripted and “edgy with swearing”. And it seems to be working well.

PisstickleTypeExperience

• Rep: -1
« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2022, 05:54:44 PM »
I seriously can't tell if this is a top tier troll, or just a 6 year old.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2022, 10:35:01 PM »

Isn't there already a bunch of different Heroin Eggs anyway?
Fos gon' be pissed!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2022, 12:06:47 AM »
A revolutionary symmetrical concept that’s been around for years? An exciting new graphic that as far as I’m concerned is basically his old graphic? A promotional video full of ABDs?  I feel like I’m losing my damn mind

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2022, 12:15:47 AM »

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2022, 12:27:34 AM »
This thread title rubs me the wrong way. This dude did NOT reinvent skateboarding once and even less did he reinvent it again. Rant over.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2022, 12:40:05 AM »

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2022, 01:39:44 PM »
handy danderson

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2022, 02:04:36 PM »

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

newguy

« Reply #179 on: September 24, 2022, 02:45:44 PM »