Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4545197 times)

DerpyHooves

Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #16470 on: March 04, 2012, 11:54:19 PM »

Like the other Cons I've skated, these have lasted me awhile. But the outsole is coming off of my shoe, and I'm not sure if it's defective or it's the way I'm skating. I've been using shoe goo to keep the outsole attached to the midsole. At $30, I wouldn't mind getting another pair.

brianwilson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
« Reply #16471 on: March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM »
Pushing with these.

brianwilson

• Flickr avatar image
« Reply #16472 on: March 05, 2012, 01:06:51 PM »
Nevermind, these are my actual skate shoes.

victor333

« Reply #16473 on: March 05, 2012, 02:34:53 PM »
Skating the black Busenitz or the blue Koston's right now but wear any of these except the Busenitz on the boxes, those are all new.  If anyone has a pair of the Busenitz that are black/white/lemon in a size 8.5 let me know.  I'd pay a lot for another pair.

God damn, you have a lot of shoes (and I still can't believe I have more than you).

And I think you have the last pristine pair of black/yellow Busenitz, on the face of the earth.

brianwilson

• Flickr avatar image
« Reply #16474 on: March 05, 2012, 03:12:45 PM »
I always call shoes that look like those Rowleys "Beavis shoes"

coneklr

« Reply #16475 on: March 05, 2012, 03:22:56 PM »
HATE, you want to part with the ones with the lemon heels?  That's the pair I'm after!  If they are between an 8-9  Let me know.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #16476 on: March 05, 2012, 03:27:50 PM »
I'm so jealous of those BA dunk hi's. Are those the Marshall's or the MF DOOM's next to them?
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

b.v.

« Reply #16477 on: March 05, 2012, 05:00:27 PM »
Just started wearing these, Etnies Barci and am highly impressed.
Skate great right out of the box. Grippy, light and comfy.

brianwilson

• Flickr avatar image
« Reply #16478 on: March 05, 2012, 05:07:10 PM »

Those look real good.

b.v.

« Reply #16479 on: March 05, 2012, 05:11:09 PM »
Was skeptical but am a huge fan already.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #16480 on: March 05, 2012, 05:37:40 PM »

I like them both. Habitat's insoles and outsoles are fucking awesome.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 06:09:49 PM by teh canadian suit »
p-shuvs and v-flips

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20
« Reply #16481 on: March 05, 2012, 06:06:29 PM »
?

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #16482 on: March 05, 2012, 06:32:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Skating the black Busenitz or the blue Koston's right now but wear any of these except the Busenitz on the boxes, those are all new.  If anyone has a pair of the Busenitz that are black/white/lemon in a size 8.5 let me know.  I'd pay a lot for another pair.

[close]

God damn, you have a lot of shoes (and I still can't believe I have more than you).

And I think you have the last pristine pair of black/yellow Busenitz, on the face of the earth.
[close]

Maybe not....  shitty quick phone pic, but that's the OG ones sitting up by the old BA dunk highs.

real talk both of yall kick games are on point. i see you!

b.v.

« Reply #16483 on: March 05, 2012, 06:34:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
?
Meaning I didn't know if I would like A cupsole like this but turns out I do and they skate great so I am A fan of the shoe.
Was my shortened version that confusing?

coneklr

« Reply #16484 on: March 05, 2012, 07:06:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Maybe not....  shitty quick phone pic, but that's the OG ones sitting up by the old BA dunk highs.

[close]

real talk both of yall kick games are on point. i see you!

Thank you sir, now I need to cop the 3 new Busenitz colors and find out about these Stevie Supra's

Joe Pesci

« Reply #16485 on: March 05, 2012, 07:18:13 PM »
skating the chris cole s and i really like them, but ive only skated them like 4 times and theyre already ripping through in the ollie area. really want to try murdered out landaus after i skate my other shoes i have waiting

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #16486 on: March 05, 2012, 08:05:52 PM »
skating the chris cole s and i really like them, but ive only skated them like 4 times and theyre already ripping through in the ollie area. really want to try murdered out landaus after i skate my other shoes i have waiting

smear some super glue over the ollie area that shit helps ALOT. after 2-3 sessions ina new pair of shoes i always super glue the areas that're worn down. itll just about double the lifespan of the stitching on the shoe.

police state

• Rep: 22
« Reply #16487 on: March 05, 2012, 08:12:07 PM »
there's this independent sport store a few blocks from my house that carries skate stuff, they get a bad rep in my city not being a 'core' shop, but they carry every brand out there.  anyways, they got those lemon heels.  Im thinking about picking them up.  as well as the first (i think?) busenitz gazelles, they have blue and red.  I swear some of you guys would have a fucking field day in that store.  They either buy too much, or they're missing their target market.  I feel bad when I buy stuff there cause my city has 2 skater-owned shops to support.  but they have the best stock IMO.  unfortunately, they never put the 5+ year old shit on sale.  They even got like, Rowley classics and eS Penny 1's.  its like a skate shoe museum or something, I think they even sell Powell Mini Logos, its fucked.  
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

b.v.

« Reply #16488 on: March 05, 2012, 09:29:45 PM »
Snap a  few photos, would be cool to see all this vintage gear.

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20
« Reply #16489 on: March 06, 2012, 04:42:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
?
[close]
Meaning I didn't know if I would like A cupsole like this but turns out I do and they skate great so I am A fan of the shoe.
Was my shortened version that confusing?
yes. thanks for elaborating.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #16490 on: March 06, 2012, 04:45:01 AM »
there's this independent sport store a few blocks from my house that carries skate stuff, they get a bad rep in my city not being a 'core' shop, but they carry every brand out there. ? anyways, they got those lemon heels. ? Im thinking about picking them up. ? as well as the first (i think?) busenitz gazelles, they have blue and red. ? I swear some of you guys would have a fucking field day in that store. ? They either buy too much, or they're missing their target market. ? I feel bad when I buy stuff there cause my city has 2 skater-owned shops to support. ? but they have the best stock IMO. ? unfortunately, they never put the 5+ year old shit on sale. ? They even got like, Rowley classics and eS Penny 1's. ? its like a skate shoe museum or something, I think they even sell Powell Mini Logos, its fucked. ? 

You could probably make some dough with the older ones, especially if they are a good size:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ES-Tom-Penny-Skate-Shoes-Size-7-5-/350542757383?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item519df9fe07
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #16491 on: March 06, 2012, 06:54:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Two pairs of these for $35 each

[close]

CCS mall shop? I got mine there. Bruins beat out most Sb models as far as skate-ability and style.

Nah, they were on sale at my skateshop.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #16492 on: March 06, 2012, 09:17:49 AM »

I'm still skating my pair of these and I think they are great.

The only two things I dislike about them is they blow out where the side parts meet. I had to goo them like the guy did in this pic from a review http://tests.le-site-du-skateboard.com/files/2011/01/etnies-barci-used.jpg

I also get loads of little stones stuck in the sole which has scratched my grip up.

I would happily skate them again, but I am moving onto the Adidas Ronan's next because they look really similar but hopefully wont have those small problems.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #16493 on: March 06, 2012, 09:31:11 AM »
Anyone cycle through their shoes? As in skate different pairs every other week? I do this due to the fact I'm always feeling something different, but in the end its awesome because you feel like you've skated the same shoe for four months and it still looks great.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #16494 on: March 06, 2012, 09:37:12 AM »
Anyone cycle through their shoes? As in skate different pairs every other week? I do this due to the fact I'm always feeling something different, but in the end its awesome because you feel like you've skated the same shoe for four months and it still looks great.

Yeah, it certainly does make for a better session too. I hate having to skate the same shoe for a month but it's all floppy and whatnot. 2 shoes cycle does the trick for me.

brianwilson

• Flickr avatar image
« Reply #16495 on: March 06, 2012, 09:39:08 AM »

I feel like I should do that. I usually just buy a pair, skate them, get a new pair.

b.v.

« Reply #16496 on: March 06, 2012, 09:47:37 AM »
Mostly I just get bored and want something new.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #16497 on: March 06, 2012, 01:11:44 PM »
I definitely cycle between 10-15 pairs. Gotta keep my body guessing!

word.

• Rep: -7
  • Fuck It.
« Reply #16498 on: March 06, 2012, 05:44:19 PM »

I have about 6 pairs i actively cycle through to skate, and then about 12 pairs of chillers haha
Im gonna poop in your shoes.

Randozzi

« Reply #16499 on: March 06, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »

have been switching between these three.