Author Topic: Conspiracy theories.  (Read 44961 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
Re: Conspiracy theories.
« Reply #240 on: February 13, 2023, 12:44:57 PM »
Seems pretty hawkish for Biden, but this guy does seem to collect the moves that happen under Democratic presidents (but I don’t really think that’s intentional)

thebacker

« Reply #241 on: February 13, 2023, 12:51:02 PM »
birds arent real

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #242 on: February 13, 2023, 01:04:06 PM »
birds arent real

Apparently Sinatra called his dick “bird”

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1081
« Reply #243 on: February 13, 2023, 01:11:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Where do you guys stand on COVID vaccine conspiracies?
[close]

Haven’t heard any that were all that compelling. I find more logic behind the theories of foul play in the creation and distributing of Covid-19 than I do with the creation of vaccines.

Exactly this.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

JeremyScottofChapman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #244 on: February 13, 2023, 02:57:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Haven’t heard any that were all that compelling. I find more logic behind the theories of foul play in the creation and distributing of Covid-19 than I do with the creation of vaccines.
[close]

Exactly this.

Wait, so you’re saying that you can humor the idea that “someone” may have created and distributed a deadly virus, but that it’s completely implausible that the best remedy for said virus has anything nefarious?

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #245 on: February 13, 2023, 03:30:16 PM »
I'd much rather discuss the most memory holed event in American history, the 2001 anthrax attacks, than any covid bullshit

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #246 on: February 13, 2023, 03:50:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Exactly this.
[close]

Wait, so you’re saying that you can humor the idea that “someone” may have created and distributed a deadly virus, but that it’s completely implausible that the best remedy for said virus has anything nefarious?

Absolutely. A virus can come from a single source and is invisible to the naked eye. A vaccine requires organized distribution. The two common theories (that it’s a vaccine with nanotech, or that it’s not a vaccine at all) could be easily confirmed by any doctor or lab tech in the world who has access to a microscope.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #247 on: February 13, 2023, 06:19:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Exactly this.
[close]

[close]

Absolutely. A virus can come from a single source and is invisible to the naked eye. A vaccine requires organized distribution. The two common theories (that it’s a vaccine with nanotech, or that it’s not a vaccine at all) could be easily confirmed by any doctor or lab tech in the world who has access to a microscope.

What about theories that it was designed as population control or something along those lines?

Despite some pretty insane side effects of the vaccine, some debilitating and some fatal, I'm not inclined to believe the above is true, but I do believe the vaccine was rushed and pushed through quickly without adequate testing by corporations who were just looking for profit.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -519
« Reply #248 on: February 13, 2023, 06:32:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Exactly this.
[close]

[close]

[close]

What about theories that it was designed as population control or something along those lines?

Despite some pretty insane side effects of the vaccine, some debilitating and some fatal, I'm not inclined to believe the above is true, but I do believe the vaccine was rushed and pushed through quickly without adequate testing by corporations who were just looking for profit.

It was rushed through by the government with operation warp speed more than by any particular companies I believe.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #249 on: February 13, 2023, 07:38:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Exactly this.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Definitely a rush job, but was never sold on it being population control because there’s easier ways to do that…like war, or contaminated food/water supplies.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #250 on: February 13, 2023, 08:00:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Exactly this.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Definitely a rush job, but was never sold on it being population control because there’s easier ways to do that…like war, or contaminated food/water supplies.

not to mention the fact that having no vaccine at all would be way better for population control purposes as you could justify shit like lockdowns way more easily. it's been two years almost since vaccination started and i personally know not a single one who had actual complications due to the vaccine other than typical sideeffects, not saying they don't exist, but they are very rare. the vaccination campaign contributed in a large part to most of the world being able to live more or less normal again. doesn't seem like effective population control to me.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #251 on: February 13, 2023, 09:45:17 PM »
Maybe not, but it prepped the population at large to obey any and all orders regardless which is gunna make 1984 look like a walk in the park in the coming years I feel…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #252 on: February 13, 2023, 10:37:06 PM »
Maybe not, but it prepped the population at large to obey any and all orders regardless which is gunna make 1984 look like a walk in the park in the coming years I feel…

i don't feel like people obeyed any and all orders here. there were protests and constant disagreements among lawmakers and state entities about the right way forward. if anything i feel like it made the population more suspicious, since covid made a lot of governments look pretty incompetent or indecisive, and a lot of those that were in power during the crisis who went through elections didn't come out as winners. there's also cultural differences in how obedient a population acts, and that will always depend on several other economic factors. i would guess that in countries like japan, germany, or china, the culture is more obedient anyways. state is seen as a whole of government and society, so there's a high willingness to submit. whereas a hyperindividualistic society like the us sees the two as more seperate, at times even antagonistic entities and disobeying the government to uphold constitutional rights of the individual is somewhat expected or even encouraged. i can't say we have the same culture of standing up for yourself and your rights over here. despite this, there were still protests and every friendgroup had at least one anti mask individual or borderline covid conspiracy theorist that made everyone cringe or fear for their sanity. if you also take rising cop authoritarianism and violence in account and how hated the police has overall become, i don't think people have been psyopped into complacency too much.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #253 on: February 14, 2023, 12:52:48 AM »
Idk, my home country (Australia) was acting/ looking more like North Korea than the place where I grew up.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11273665/NSW-Government-used-behavioural-insights-unit-guide-peoples-behaviour-Covid.html

I feel measures like vaccine passports were priming us for something a lot bigger/ scarier but maybe I need to take my tinfoil hat off?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #254 on: February 14, 2023, 01:15:52 AM »
China wanted to see how slow the country moves after the super bowl Monday hangover so they can plan their attack next year when we’re least prepared. Heard this at work and it sounds at least plausible. I try not to get caught up in these things.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #255 on: February 14, 2023, 05:05:09 AM »
I don't know whether or not China will invade Taiwan, but my sense is that China is quite comfortable playing the long game with regards to global hegemony.

If you want to talk conspiracy theories, let's talk Seymour Hersh's expose on the Nordstream 2 pipeline bombing, a story which has gone more or less completely unreported on in the western press (except to dismiss Hersh has a crank and refer derisively to his article as a "blog post").

to my knowledge it's been debunked as full of errors (just like when you lie and go for a too precise story)
i don't know if we'll know the truth in the end but imo it just look like Russia did it (for many reasons and not the most logical reasons, they are used to acting dumb since the start of the war in Ukraine)

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #256 on: February 14, 2023, 05:23:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Exactly this.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Absolutely. Some of that is the sense of urgency at the nature of the incident, and some of that is simply the capitalist mode of production.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #257 on: February 14, 2023, 05:25:36 AM »
Expand Quote
I don't know whether or not China will invade Taiwan, but my sense is that China is quite comfortable playing the long game with regards to global hegemony.

If you want to talk conspiracy theories, let's talk Seymour Hersh's expose on the Nordstream 2 pipeline bombing, a story which has gone more or less completely unreported on in the western press (except to dismiss Hersh has a crank and refer derisively to his article as a "blog post").
[close]

to my knowledge it's been debunked as full of errors (just like when you lie and go for a too precise story)
i don't know if we'll know the truth in the end but imo it just look like Russia did it (for many reasons and not the most logical reasons, they are used to acting dumb since the start of the war in Ukraine)

We’ve got a deboonker here, folks!

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #258 on: February 14, 2023, 06:10:09 AM »
when i am competent yes 8)
not the case here

this article though and the fact that Hersh is not to be trusted for a few years now
https://oalexanderdk.substack.com/p/blowing-holes-in-seymour-hershs-pipe

« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 06:23:11 AM by BALARGUE »

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #259 on: February 14, 2023, 06:25:36 AM »
when i am competent yes 8)
not the case here

this article though and the fact that Hersh is not to be trusted for a few years now
https://oalexanderdk.substack.com/p/blowing-holes-in-seymour-hershs-pipe

Ok I read that and it's all the same supposition which he claims Hersh is doing, only without the credibility of someone who has broken numerous scandals and whom we know has sources deep inside the DOD. As all these OSINT dorks do, this guy is looking at official records of ships and airplanes in the region at the time, and concluding that if they can't Google any record of a secret military operation, that means that it couldn't be possible. Surely the CIA would register their flight path with the relevant authorities! I kept rereading to see if there was more to the argument, but no, it's just that and little quibbles about the timetable and the class of ship involved.

Digging a little further, I see that the author is on Twitter accusing Hersh of being a secret agent for the Kremlin, so I am going to dismiss his completely specious arguments outright.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #260 on: February 14, 2023, 06:42:01 AM »
dear god, i do not know what is compelling me to post here--and i have not really read though most of the above--but regarding the Nordstream 2 pipeline bombing, when a sitting president babbles the kinds of things Biden babbles in this...

...why/how is it "conspiratorial" to look there first?

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #261 on: February 14, 2023, 06:54:08 AM »
dear god, i do not know what is compelling me to post here--and i have not really read though most of the above--but regarding the Nordstream 2 pipeline bombing, when a sitting president babbles the kinds of things Biden babbles in this...

...why/how is it "conspiratorial" to look there first?

Blinken did the same thing

And spooked-up Anne Applebaum's awful EU parliament member husband Radosław Sikorski immediately tweeted out "thank you Joe Biden!" after the news broke, and then deleted it.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #262 on: February 14, 2023, 08:11:35 AM »
They are not saying they're going to bomb/destroy it either ;D
One could ask, why destroy something that is not/will not be operational (physically because of maintenance,etc or contractually because of war) ?

i kinda view it as a move a guy like Putin could do to show he can do stuff to other pipelines in the Baltic, just like the dictator he is, showing force and threat. Threatening is his modus operandi since day 1.

I actually don't really care who did it. It's kinda bad for Russia in that it made a too-kind-with-Russia Germany less submissive to russian gas. And it's for the better in the end.
It would not be the first time Putin realizes too late one of his moves happens to be really detrimental to himself and his country

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #263 on: February 14, 2023, 09:08:42 AM »
They are not saying they're going to bomb/destroy it either ;D
One could ask, why destroy something that is not/will not be operational (physically because of maintenance,etc or contractually because of war) ?

i kinda view it as a move a guy like Putin could do to show he can do stuff to other pipelines in the Baltic, just like the dictator he is, showing force and threat. Threatening is his modus operandi since day 1.

I actually don't really care who did it. It's kinda bad for Russia in that it made a too-kind-with-Russia Germany less submissive to russian gas. And it's for the better in the end.
It would not be the first time Putin realizes too late one of his moves happens to be really detrimental to himself and his country

Why would he "threaten" other countries by blowing up a major revenue stream for his own nation? I find these "he's just crazy" arguments to be unconvincing.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #264 on: February 14, 2023, 09:44:35 AM »
Showing he can destroy other pipelines at will
i'm not saying he's crazy but as a dictator he thinks and act differently... irrationally

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -519
« Reply #265 on: February 14, 2023, 09:51:45 AM »

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2539
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #266 on: February 14, 2023, 09:53:24 AM »
I need to take my tinfoil hat off.

Sound advice for anyone believing in conspiracy theories.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #267 on: February 14, 2023, 09:59:30 AM »
This guy thinks Ukraine did it…

https://www.gzeromedia.com/amp/who-blew-up-the-nord-stream-pipelines-2659409051

Yeah, I haven't read that piece, but that was always my #1 suspect - Ukrainian nationals, also possibly working with NATO. After they successfully blew up a part of the Crimean Bridge, it should be obvious that they have some pretty dark and elite cells with powerful backers, capable to reaching places outside of the usual scope of the war. Obviously this is pure speculation, but the risk/reward is in their favor.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #268 on: February 14, 2023, 11:18:28 AM »
Anyone into fucked up Belgian conspiracies like the Brabant killings or the Dutroux affair?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #269 on: February 14, 2023, 11:46:23 AM »
the initial distributors of LSD and crack cocaine both had numerous CIA connections and the CIA was present in the haight ashbury throughout the hippie movement. every single outcropping of youth culture from 1966-on has been monitored and cajoled by the CIA through mind control techniques developed during MK-ULTRA. the stranglehold on culture and media has served to further obfuscate human beings from the machinations of state power/global power and its ties to business and mlitary concerns