Author Topic: Dill on ADIDAS  (Read 35879 times)

Gary Coleman

Re: Dill on ADIDAS
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2018, 10:49:57 AM »
Everyone’s always quickest to criticize Nike but adidas is honestly more gross. Anyone with influence can get an adidas endorsement deal regardless of whether or not you do anything of merit.  They employee the whole fuckin kardashian family. At least Nike is paying the people involved in their sports I guess. Adidas sucks which is sorry to say because they have a lot of great riders and awesome filmers as well.

verylowimpact

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -169
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2018, 11:47:03 AM »
Everyone’s always quickest to criticize Nike but adidas is honestly more gross. Anyone with influence can get an adidas endorsement deal regardless of whether or not you do anything of merit.  They employee the whole fuckin kardashian family. At least Nike is paying the people involved in their sports I guess. Adidas sucks which is sorry to say because they have a lot of great riders and awesome filmers as well.

Both suck ass but this 100%. The fucking worst.

A.J.K.

« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2018, 12:17:41 PM »

Word. What strikes me is that adidas seems to have realized having a traditional team is outdated. Why bother promoting, let's say, 10 team members when you can throw gear to whoever is popular on social media? Even in the proper tour edits they make, I have no idea who some of the guys are...much more flexible, and I'd assume cheaper, to pull in the kinds of skater that are popular this year and cycle out less fashionable people when your "team" is basically a flow program without the formality of an official am/pro acknowledgement and distinction. Nike tried to do this initially by expanding their flow program to every halfway decent am or pro without a shoe sponsor, but adidas has used this model more proactively.

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2018, 12:58:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It’s only ze Germans ingraining demselves  anywhere they can fit into ze American Kulture

Puma was started by the brother of the guy who started Adidas. What happened to their "great" skate program? Nick Dom, Bucky Lasek and Joey "the tailscrapist" Brezinski
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

no life

• Rep: -31
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2018, 04:19:25 PM »
i dont even know where to start, i guess i really just want to know what youre drinking

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2018, 04:30:10 PM »
adidas makes stickers for the nose of a board?

nooky

• Rep: 9
« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2018, 04:49:04 PM »
this is good for bitcoin
I started getting a lot better when I went back to college and started taking a lot of math classes when I was 31.

I figured out how to figure things out better, if that makes sense.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2018, 06:32:33 PM »
I'm not really sure if the three stripes can handle Dill and MJ's egos being on the same team at the same time, kinda goes against the laws of physics if you ask me

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2018, 06:52:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

both are trash and fuck the dumbass kardashians

verylowimpact

« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2018, 07:22:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Most of my post are talking random, mostly factual shit(too me) but on the serious tip. This company supports this literal trash of talentless humans that arguably make society as a whole, a whole fucking lot worse because they exist...so yeah. Fuck this little skateboard bubble kook world. They should get blacklisted for this sad fact alone.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -603
  • who knows
« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2018, 07:56:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Most of my post are talking random, mostly factual shit(too me) but on the serious tip. This company supports this literal trash of talentless humans that arguably make society as a whole, a whole fucking lot worse because they exist...so yeah. Fuck this little skateboard bubble kook world. They should get blacklisted for this sad fact alone.

turning a sex tape into a billion dollar industry?  i don't like them but i also don't think they are a bunch of morons.  shrewd as fuck.  their success and influence is not some random accident, although i'm sure they like it to appear that way.  i respect the hustle but i don't like the results

i liked adidas cos they have sick edits but i dont like them supporting dill, dude is just unbearable recently.
where is home?

verylowimpact

« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2018, 09:20:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

turning a sex tape into a billion dollar industry?  i don't like them but i also don't think they are a bunch of morons.  shrewd as fuck.  their success and influence is not some random accident, although i'm sure they like it to appear that way.  i respect the hustle but i don't like the results

i liked adidas cos they have sick edits but i dont like them supporting dill, dude is just unbearable recently.

Capitalistic bottom feeders who know how to tap into all the other trash bottom feeding majority of the world? Sure

APPL3

• Rep: 0
« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2018, 11:02:05 PM »
Tight.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2018, 11:18:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Capitalistic bottom feeders who know how to tap into all the other trash bottom feeding majority of the world? Sure

u mad
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

brettpancake

• Rep: 2
« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2018, 05:18:03 AM »
I think the misconception here is that to do a collab with FA, Adidas have to sign Dill, not necessarily true due to Tyshawn and Naks connections, I think what it boils down to is Dill getting paid for sitting on his arse. The comparison to Daewon is so absurd because I can check out his story and hes probably skating, all Dill does is make collage edits for new product dropping. At the end of the day people want to see great skaters skate and there are guys older than Dill still putting shit out there so why can't he?

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 791
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2018, 06:59:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Word. What strikes me is that adidas seems to have realized having a traditional team is outdated. Why bother promoting, let's say, 10 team members when you can throw gear to whoever is popular on social media? Even in the proper tour edits they make, I have no idea who some of the guys are...much more flexible, and I'd assume cheaper, to pull in the kinds of skater that are popular this year and cycle out less fashionable people when your "team" is basically a flow program without the formality of an official am/pro acknowledgement and distinction. Nike tried to do this initially by expanding their flow program to every halfway decent am or pro without a shoe sponsor, but adidas has used this model more proactively.

i'd like to remind you that nike is sponsoring versace plug. also nike used to make kanye shoes before he went to adidas, so the kardashian connection's still there... kinda
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 07:02:32 AM by roba »

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2018, 07:59:03 AM »
dill is a peter pan crackhead.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2018, 12:26:32 PM »
On some level I know I'm wrong,  but I'd rather watch Dill rant with a half smoked joint in his hand than watch Daewon sit on a rolling chair or take his wheels off in the middle of tricks. Even if he's pound for pound one of the best skaters ever,  Daewon has always just seemed kinda gimmicky with his trick selection/style/whatever. Even back in the picnic table stacking days.  I'd rather have outsiders look at the industry and see FA stuff than a Daewon panty raid board...I don't really know where I'm going with this. 

wheee!

SkateChimney

• Rep: -29
« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2018, 01:08:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

u mad

Mad and Broke

Coolhats

« Reply #139 on: October 29, 2018, 01:11:51 PM »
I think the misconception here is that to do a collab with FA, Adidas have to sign Dill, not necessarily true due to Tyshawn and Naks connections, I think what it boils down to is Dill getting paid for sitting on his arse. The comparison to Daewon is so absurd because I can check out his story and hes probably skating, all Dill does is make collage edits for new product dropping. At the end of the day people want to see great skaters skate and there are guys older than Dill still putting shit out there so why can't he?

Why is everyone assuming Dill doesn’t skate? He was doing those flat ground edits for a little bit. He’s also getting older. He’s probably not going out and fucking around just to put stuff on instagram. He’ll probably have a decent minute or two or maybe just some stuff sprinkled through out the new Supreme video.

hey pickle

« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2018, 01:42:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

u mad
[close]

Mad and Broke

thugged out and pissed off

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2018, 05:38:07 PM »
On some level I know I'm wrong,  but I'd rather watch Dill rant with a half smoked joint in his hand than watch Daewon sit on a rolling chair or take his wheels off in the middle of tricks. Even if he's pound for pound one of the best skaters ever,  Daewon has always just seemed kinda gimmicky with his trick selection/style/whatever. Even back in the picnic table stacking days.  I'd rather have outsiders look at the industry and see FA stuff than a Daewon panty raid board...I don't really know where I'm going with this. 
woah, are you alright there bro? Might need to go to the doctor and see if you've got a fever

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2018, 07:28:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
woah, are you alright there bro? Might need to go to the doctor and see if you've got a fever
I think I'm alright.  Nobody else would back me up on Daewon being corny? Dude skated to The Killers or some shit right? c'mon. 

wheee!

euro tm

« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2018, 07:30:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I think I'm alright.  Nobody else would back me up on Daewon being corny? Dude skated to The Killers or some shit right? c'mon.

haha goddamnit you’re right. shit was bad

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2018, 07:45:04 PM »
multiple graphics with cartoon donuts/using his love for donuts as an "image" for years...

wheee!

ungzilla

« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2018, 07:45:07 PM »
i'll subscribe to your newsletter, tuque

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2018, 07:50:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I don't know about corny, but I think you may be watching him for the wrong reasons. You don't watch Rodney Mullen for his style do you? No, you watch him because he's a fucking tech-wizard that blows your mind. Daewon is just the same but with difficulty setting turned up to asian level. He will go down as one of the GOATs because no one will ever have his board control or be able to progress as much as he has (at least on street anyway) well into his 30s and 40s.

edit: no one gives a shit abut his "graphics" the same way that no one gives a shit what graphics Tony Hawk or Mullen ride. Imagine having to rely solely on your board graphics for your image (having said that, thank you looks like a pile of shit)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 07:57:34 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2018, 08:02:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
I don't know about corny, but I think you may be watching him for the wrong reasons. You don't watch Rodney Mullen for his style do you? No, you watch him because he's a fucking tech-wizard that blows your mind. Daewon is just the same but with difficulty setting turned up to asian level. He will go down as one of the GOATs because no one will ever have his board control or be able to progress as much as he has (at least on street anyway) well into his 30s and 40s.

Sure you have to appreciate his contributions to skating but....only little kids* be pulling up Rodney Mullens parts on youtube man.  I don't want to watch that at all,  for any reason 

*not even little kids are trying to watch Rodney G turn hella times to Sweet Home Alabama in 2018

wheee!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2018, 09:01:59 PM »
I still watch this fairly regularly:

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2018, 09:08:07 PM »
Blah. Blah. Blah.
Dill on [enter any company] he’s not going to skate. He gave up in the mid 90’s.
Yes, he is/was incredibly talented but went the way of gino a long time ago. 3/4 tricks per video.
He’s a figure head of skateboarding and adildos will pay him for it. He is now a business man, bring on the collabs.