Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 225029 times)

Beeda Weeda

Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #840 on: March 31, 2011, 06:52:34 AM »
either way, they have come a logn way from september,  Jonas enroth's 1-0 shurtout last night  was HUUUUGE.

It would be a better matchup against philly, the yreally are chugging into the playoffs.

cant stop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #841 on: March 31, 2011, 08:01:52 AM »
I have been down for Devils since I was a little kid, to bad they probably can't make the playoffs this year.

So I will follow the Capitals this year playoff, and I'm a Arnott fan.
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #842 on: April 01, 2011, 03:22:21 AM »
Oh the canucks can still be doubted...1) president's trophy curse 2) best defensive player out 3) unproven goalie 4) playing best of 7, you might figure out how to play the twins 5) little playoff experience

I could go on....never really having success here...we're pretty good at picking them apart. 

here here, Ive seen so many stupid Facebook statuses since winning the presidents trophy "The Cup is ours" all of this shit

The playoffs really scare me as a Canucks fan, I just keep picturing us losing in the first round, I still can't believe we beat LA in last years payoffs, we were outplayed

Canucks have no answer for Perry Getzlaf and Selanne, Ryan. Same with Toewes and Kane, it sounds fucking stupid but they have this "swag" that I dont think any Canucks player has, maybe when Kesler was on his ridiculous goal scoring pace. If we face Chicago, and beat them, its all downhill from there, they have a huge mental edge on us. You never like to see any player injured but I sure was happy to see Sharp and Kopitar both go down,

Any more takers for the playoff pool?

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #843 on: April 01, 2011, 07:13:44 AM »
Everyone talks shit on luongo, but he's been playing amazing all year this year, he's not gonna choke and even if he shit's the bed Corey Shnieder has been incredible i heard yesterday he was something like 17-4-4 on the season.

Frisco I would do a playoff pool but I think I'm already doing a 20$ one with my friends after this regular season ones done and I have a hard enough time staying on top of that one.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #844 on: April 01, 2011, 07:35:31 AM »
its just for fun, plus its only a one time draft, you dont even need to check your team after that, just more fun if theres more people

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
« Reply #845 on: April 01, 2011, 08:30:15 AM »
yep...I'm still concerned, but at the same time I'm thankful we have a competitive team, to some that might not mean shit unless you deep into the playoffs but I think it beats the hell out what alot of cities have.  This year was nuts....

I think Vancouver can take Chicago, our D is way more mobile than other years, admittedly they still aren't very physical, but Chicago lost Byfuglin, Ladd, and Versteeg ie. all their size....  Actually what worries me a tiny bit about them is a rookie goalie....

The truth is though the playoff is a whole different season.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #846 on: April 01, 2011, 08:37:35 AM »
Deal with the playoffs when they get here. Besides, we aren't the same team as the last two years. We've beaten everybody, other teams should be worried about facing us, not vice versa. Our regular season is insane. Presidents trophy before any other western team even clinched a playoff spot?has that ever been done before?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #847 on: April 01, 2011, 02:15:01 PM »
its just for fun, plus its only a one time draft, you dont even need to check your team after that, just more fun if theres more people

ah cool then yea I'm down. I'm in one of those leagues where you have to update the lineups all the time, i always forget. Probably why I'm in 8th.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #848 on: April 01, 2011, 03:22:30 PM »
that st louis detroit game really raped my fantasy score

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #849 on: April 05, 2011, 09:40:34 AM »
i'm sorry beeda, but i'm looking into putting a voodoo curse on the sabres for the next 3 games

dino conflict

• Rep: 13
« Reply #850 on: April 05, 2011, 10:41:40 AM »
i'm sorry beeda, but i'm looking into putting a voodoo curse on the sabres for the next 3 games

Me too. And if Toronto wins out the will have the same season recored. 40-32-10. What do they count next. There wins/loses against each other?

Still routing Canucks to take it. 40 year Canadien team that has never won the cup. They deserve it and I have my faith in Lou as he has had more rest this season than before. Hopefully the ducks end up 8th seed so I can go to a nucks ducks playoff game at the pond.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #851 on: April 05, 2011, 10:45:30 AM »
if they have the same amount of points, the tie breaker is WWAS (wins without a shootout).

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #852 on: April 05, 2011, 12:59:09 PM »
if the leafs win out, and the sabres and caines lose all of their games remaining, the leafs and sabres will have a tie breaker game.

go sabres. 

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #853 on: April 05, 2011, 06:44:04 PM »
...well that's that. bbl sloth/chimp thread for rest of evening

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #854 on: April 05, 2011, 09:17:29 PM »
How bout them leafs?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #855 on: April 05, 2011, 11:42:02 PM »
Surprise surprise.....they almost got 8th place again.....if you're gonna suck...suck bad...why get kessel and phaneuf, if all it's going to do is cement your position in 10th place in the conference every year. 

I've never been a huge fan of the cheering on the canadian team.  I hate the flames...the oilers....not a huge leaf fan.  Their our rivals.... To me the habs are like the leafs, but I don't watch french t.v. so I don't hear about them non stop, so I don't hate them. 

jay

• Rep: -80
« Reply #856 on: April 06, 2011, 01:17:22 AM »
Surprise surprise.....they almost got 8th place again.....if you're gonna suck...suck bad...why get kessel and phaneuf, if all it's going to do is cement your position in 10th place in the conference every year. 

I've never been a huge fan of the cheering on the canadian team.  I hate the flames...the oilers....not a huge leaf fan.  Their our rivals.... To me the habs are like the leafs, but I don't watch french t.v. so I don't hear about them non stop, so I don't hate them. 

Gonna be good next year, they have a star defenseman, a star goalie in the making and a couple pretty good forwards, plus they are a really young team.  Leafs and the oilers are gonna be contenders soon enough

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #857 on: April 06, 2011, 06:44:23 AM »
i hate the flames, simply becasue of their play by play announcers voice. oilers are cool but really suck, canucks are ridiculasly good, habs seems to have the lamest  fans who only come outfor the playoffs, the leafs just suck.

looks like sabrs are in, it would take losing out and the canes winnign otu to get themn out of the playoffs.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #858 on: April 06, 2011, 07:01:42 AM »
How bout them leafs?

damn. but whatever the odds have been against them since all the teams they needed to loose won't stop winning.

all in all, I'm pretty stoked with the outcome of this season. Screwed Boston for their pick. We have a starting goaltender for next year for once that the team has confidence in. The Grabovski line has proven consistant productivity. Phaneuf has been playing WAY better of late. Luke Shenn is looking like a veteran. There's tons of positives to take away from the season.

looks like sabrs are in, it would take losing out and the canes winnign otu to get themn out of the playoffs.

I'm rooting for your Sabres to get in, i really like that team. I guess I'll either vote for Van or Buf come playoff time, but it will only be pretending I care :(

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #859 on: April 06, 2011, 07:08:07 AM »
thanks! i think i am basically the same, van in the west, buffalo in the east, vancouver is just such a good team to watch.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #860 on: April 06, 2011, 08:54:17 AM »
I'm pulling for the sabres too....I admit, edmonton does have some decent young players, but what's to say they won't suck for another 5 years plus?  For every blackhawks, capitals, penguins, there's a panthers, thrashers, and best of all...the islanders....  you hope these young guys can lead you out of the woods, but you really don't know.... I raised this to an Edmonton fan recently who told me....'no...no...we know what it takes to build a champion....' 

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #861 on: April 08, 2011, 05:35:32 AM »
Corey Perry stay away, although im almost sure he has the Hart locked up, hes been unreal down the stretch

I'd way rather play Dallas over Chicago, would love to see Chicago miss the playoffs

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #862 on: April 08, 2011, 02:54:27 PM »
I can see Daniel Sedin win the Hart just cause people would like to see that. I went to the Captials vs Leafs game on the 5th, never saw so many people cry in my life, plus I lost my voice. I've hated Buffalo before, but now I hate them even more. I hope they bow out in the first round.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #863 on: April 09, 2011, 10:15:36 PM »
Naw...no way...we had too many other players who were successful for Daniel to win the MVP...even last year, fans in Vancouver were surprised....  The twins are like....the slap analogy would be...they are prod...really good but... way rather watch Linus Omark.  I'm not too stoked on that analogy though....who are the twins?  Billy Marks? 

Are we doin' the pool?

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #864 on: April 11, 2011, 02:58:17 AM »
Yea my bad I had another pool tonight that ran 2 hours, I'll set this one up for Monday night? Sorry dudes I work until 11pm Pacific so itll be around 1130 Pacific which is 230 for you eastcoast dudes

Either that or early Wednesday before any of the games start

What time works best for people?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #865 on: April 11, 2011, 07:38:50 AM »
don't think i'm doing anything wed. so maybe that....hopefully there will be enough dudes....

penguin meat

« Reply #866 on: April 11, 2011, 07:40:32 AM »
Fuck, I just saw the playoff schedule and I have work or school for all the penguins games for the next week.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #867 on: April 12, 2011, 12:10:26 PM »
i'm curious how the chicago vancouver series is going to go.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #868 on: April 13, 2011, 06:29:32 AM »
nice, i like your sabre love

Here are my predictions

EAST:

Caps over NY in 5

Sabres over Flyers in 7

Bruins over Habs in 4

Pens over Tampa in 7

WEST:

Canucks over Hawks in 6

Sharks over LA in 5

Coyotes over wings in 7

Ducks over PReds in 7

ITs going to be an awsome first round

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #869 on: April 13, 2011, 08:31:55 AM »
haven't put alot of thought into this really but...

Caps over NYR in 6
Flyers over Sabres in 7 (I changed my mind, I'm pulling for Buffalo, but I think Philly will win)
Bruins over Habs 7
Pens over Tampa in 6

Canucks over Hawks 6
Sharks over LA in 5
Coyotes over wings in 7
Preds over Anaheim in 6

I'm guessing the Bruins come out of the East....Canucks or Sharks out of the west.....

Actually looking forward to the Boston Montreal game more than the Canucks one....I have no real vested interest in that series other than watching two teams hopefully shit kicking each other.....