Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 225018 times)

Marty Mcfly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 40
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #960 on: May 05, 2011, 11:26:33 PM »
I look at it both ways though, if their not playing so well atleast Pekka Rinne will make some mindboggling saves. :P
The Canucks seem like real jocks though, especially Kesler whos always talking shit to the goalie for no reason.
Can't deny their skills but Im not exactly for the Canucks.

Really? Uhhm I guess you have to expect that somewhere in there.

Pro Baby Yeah!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
« Reply #961 on: May 05, 2011, 11:53:15 PM »
I'm not counting the preds out yet.....every game could have gone either way.  I'm fine w. San Jose making it through, I thought they'd go deep this year because the pressure's off, Nabakov reminded me alot of Louie....good when he's good, but when he's bad the whole team stinks... w. Neimmi it's like the team doesn't expect that much from him, he doesn't get rattled either.  They'll be a good match up against the Canucks if they make it through Nashville, it'll be a good series. 

Boston and Tampa should be a good one...if that's how it goes down.  Boston's tough but seeing how they almost got beat by Montreal makes you wonder.  I think if Tampa plays their game, they'll scare the crap out of Boston.  Roloson's got a bit of time to rest too

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #962 on: May 06, 2011, 12:06:16 AM »
Could you be any more wishy washy jsoy? We've outplayed the predators in 3 of 4 games. We just sit back too much with the lead. We simply have more skill.

All hockey players are the definitons of 'jocks', but keslers off ice weirdness and affinity for fucking with reporters is genuinely funny.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Foamie

• Rep: 2
    • ON DA TRACK avatar image
« Reply #963 on: May 06, 2011, 04:24:25 AM »
I'm not counting the preds out yet.....every game could have gone either way.  I'm fine w. San Jose making it through, I thought they'd go deep this year because the pressure's off, Nabakov reminded me alot of Louie....good when he's good, but when he's bad the whole team stinks... w. Neimmi it's like the team doesn't expect that much from him, he doesn't get rattled either.  They'll be a good match up against the Canucks if they make it through Nashville, it'll be a good series. 

Boston and Tampa should be a good one...if that's how it goes down.  Boston's tough but seeing how they almost got beat by Montreal makes you wonder.  I think if Tampa plays their game, they'll scare the crap out of Boston.  Roloson's got a bit of time to rest too

For the Bruins I'd say the Habs were probably the toughest team they could have played, with the whole rivalry and emotions from that Pacioretti hit by Chara. Not to mention all season long the Canadians have kind of been the Bruins kryptonite so to say. They're looking big and bad again against Philly, that first period in game 3 was probably the best hockey playing I've seen in awhile. Curious to see how this goes.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #964 on: May 06, 2011, 07:19:01 AM »
I have money on the Sharks and Bruins to win their series and they are both up 3-0. Hell yea.

I'd like to see San Jose do well, I'm hoping they sweep Detroit. What the hell is up with Detroit anyways, they have completely fallen apart, it's like watching a train wreck.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #965 on: May 06, 2011, 07:19:43 AM »
I'm not counting the preds out yet.....every game could have gone either way.� I'm fine w. San Jose making it through, I thought they'd go deep this year because the pressure's off, Nabakov reminded me alot of Louie....good when he's good, but when he's bad the whole team stinks... w. Neimmi it's like the team doesn't expect that much from him, he doesn't get rattled either.� They'll be a good match up against the Canucks if they make it through Nashville, it'll be a good series.�

Boston and Tampa should be a good one...if that's how it goes down.� Boston's tough but seeing how they almost got beat by Montreal makes you wonder.� I think if Tampa plays their game, they'll scare the crap out of Boston.� Roloson's got a bit of time to rest too

All but game 4, we dominated them, Rinne is just a savage in net, pretty sure hes stopped every 2on1 we've had, which isnt a lot but he is a beast.

SJ scares the shit out of me, they have size (Clowe, Thornton, Cotoure, Heatley, Eager?) plus Niemmi has actually looked really good in the Detroit series

Itll be a great series though, doubt either Detroit or Nashville can come back from 3-1

edit: fuck Detroit is down 3-0 forgot, they are fucked, where is Franzen?

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #966 on: May 06, 2011, 07:26:47 AM »
legs are getting old at detroit
tricks are for kids , style is forever

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #967 on: May 06, 2011, 08:25:49 AM »
Could you be any more wishy washy jsoy? We've outplayed the predators in 3 of 4 games. We just sit back too much with the lead. We simply have more skill.

All hockey players are the definitons of 'jocks', but keslers off ice weirdness and affinity for fucking with reporters is genuinely funny.

The best team doesn't always win.....

Foamie

« Reply #968 on: May 06, 2011, 09:44:03 AM »
legs are getting old at detroit

That's exactly it, Detroit has a lot of players that have been around for too long, bet ya next year the coach will make some changes. They've seen the cup too many times in the last 10 years anyway.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #969 on: May 06, 2011, 03:45:41 PM »
I have money on the Sharks and Bruins to win their series and they are both up 3-0. Hell yea.

I'd like to see San Jose do well, I'm hoping they sweep Detroit. What the hell is up with Detroit anyways, they have completely fallen apart, it's like watching a train wreck.

trainwreck is a bit harsh. 2 of the games were OT losses. it just seems like they aren't getting the bounces or setting up as well as they should be. Flippula and a few others haven't stepped up this year like they have in past postseasons, and it was guys like that who've made the difference in the past.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #970 on: May 08, 2011, 09:04:07 PM »
KRAWANWALLLLLLLLLLL

Foamie

« Reply #971 on: May 09, 2011, 06:30:41 AM »
Man, Detroit isn't going down without a fight it seems. Good stuff keep these series going as long as possible.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #972 on: May 09, 2011, 06:37:27 AM »
Glad the Red Wings are still alive, they've been getting me a good amount of points in my hockey pool.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #973 on: May 09, 2011, 07:02:07 AM »
Im glad that series is getting stretched, hopefully it tires out SJ and maybe even softens them up

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #974 on: May 09, 2011, 08:48:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

trainwreck is a bit harsh. 2 of the games were OT losses. it just seems like they aren't getting the bounces or setting up as well as they should be. Flippula and a few others haven't stepped up this year like they have in past postseasons, and it was guys like that who've made the difference in the past.

yea looks like I spoke too soon anyways, I didn't see the game last night but I'm impressed Detroit is not letting the sharks take it easily. If it ties up 3-3 game 7 is going to be awesome.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #975 on: May 09, 2011, 12:44:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

yea looks like I spoke too soon anyways, I didn't see the game last night but I'm impressed Detroit is not letting the sharks take it easily. If it ties up 3-3 game 7 is going to be awesome.

yeah it's a good series at the very least. i love kronwall. clowe made some comment about kronwall laying people out like, "i'd like to see him try that on someone like me." he got kronwalled the next game.

i hope boston shits on tampa's chest

Foamie

« Reply #976 on: May 10, 2011, 06:25:37 AM »
Anyone else thinking that the Canucks sure don't look like a number 1 conference team? And yea I'm hoping that the Bruins do something along the lines of chest shitting to Tampa Bay. They haven't been to the cup finals since 1990, I believe, they sure as hell need/want it... Go B's.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #977 on: May 10, 2011, 07:14:27 AM »
What are they missing? Art Ross, check, Selke finalist, check, Vezina finalist, check

Kesler absolutely beasted it through the last series, 11 points in 6 games, 1 back of Bure's all time single series point total

It was a tight defensive series, not these 7-3 games Philly and Boston were having, different styles.

The Sedins need to step up like Kesler has.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #978 on: May 10, 2011, 08:03:28 AM »
I feel pretty good about the Canucks.....this series creeped me out because I know Canucks can beat a team 7-4, but have a real tough time with 2-1 type games.  It's Nashville....does anyone roll over them?  It's pretty obvious though, all the teams have a chance.....

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #979 on: May 10, 2011, 11:36:59 AM »
What are they missing? Art Ross, check, Selke finalist, check, Vezina finalist, check

Kesler absolutely beasted it through the last series, 11 points in 6 games, 1 back of Bure's all time single series point total

It was a tight defensive series, not these 7-3 games Philly and Boston were having, different styles.

The Sedins need to step up like Kesler has.

kesler's been on bawse mode for sure.

and that goal that he caught at the blue line and came back and scored was so baller

drunkinjunt

• Rep: -3
« Reply #980 on: May 10, 2011, 12:06:01 PM »
Damn gotta say my respect for Kesler has skyrocketted, any dude who can get a slap shot to the mandible and still play the rest of the game are on some serious olympian shit!
Joel Ward is the man also! Kinda bummed the Preds are disqualified but their offense was playing like shit. They were just chipping the puck in at the neautral zone and couldn't really man up and charge the net like Kesler was doing.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #981 on: May 10, 2011, 10:59:49 PM »
yah....I wrote him off as a career 3rd liner a few years back....all he could do was skate straight up the ice.....I heard crawford on the radio saying how when they drafted him....he wasn't stoked at all....

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #982 on: May 11, 2011, 10:14:06 AM »
Dear Sharks:

Don't screw the pooch.

Sincerely,
Everyone

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #983 on: May 11, 2011, 03:45:55 PM »
I'm a life long Wings fan and after the 3-0 hole they were put in, I never thought they would be in the position they are now. But last night was a straight up ass kicking. The score was much closer than the game. San Jose didnt show up. Joe Thorton pulled some bitch moves and should sit the next game, but Gary Betman is spineless. Win or lose with game seven, I'm stoked that my guys made this a competitive.

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #984 on: May 12, 2011, 06:23:55 AM »
Dear Sharks:

Don't screw the pooch.

Sincerely,
Everyone
they're doom just like the capitals
tricks are for kids , style is forever

Foamie

« Reply #985 on: May 12, 2011, 06:32:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Dear Sharks:

Don't screw the pooch.

Sincerely,
Everyone
[close]
they're doom just like the capitals

Hope the whole team shows up tonight, although they are known to blow it.

sparksandblood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #986 on: May 12, 2011, 06:45:07 AM »
Wings!
It was seriously like seeing Jesus on a skateboard.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #987 on: May 12, 2011, 08:43:42 AM »
no matter what....I hope it's like 4 overtimes. 

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #988 on: May 12, 2011, 04:54:08 PM »
Game SEVOONNNNNN

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #989 on: May 12, 2011, 05:30:54 PM »
The players on the wings have a combined 30 rings, I have no idea how many SJ has, of impact players, maybe just the 1 for Niemi

Rather play Sharks