Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 225030 times)

brownjenkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #1650 on: June 07, 2013, 08:44:16 PM »
Hopefully Tuukka and the gang can take out the trash tonight with a sweep!

It is done. I don't recall ever cheering for the Bruins until this series. Outscored them bitches 12-2 in the series.

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #1651 on: June 07, 2013, 09:57:07 PM »
Im hyped the Bruins won and pulled the sweep.  I wasnt feelin the whole super team Penguins, and ive been lovin the bruins lately.  Chara is the best D man in the league, Krug has also been fun to watch.  Marchand, lucic, Bergeron...the Bruins have an entertaining team.

Ive been hoping for a Blackhawks Bruins final but not sure who ill be rooting for at that point.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #1652 on: June 08, 2013, 09:17:45 PM »
this is what i like to see boys! old time shit here! its going to be a good series hopefully my b's continue to ride the wave

MJION

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1653 on: June 08, 2013, 09:47:08 PM »
Blackhawks win FUCK LA.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #1654 on: June 08, 2013, 10:26:34 PM »
Blackhawks win FUCK LA.

Word. I missed that secon overtime though so I was pissed about that.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1655 on: June 09, 2013, 05:53:07 PM »
Man, I'm a Leafs fan but I'm so stoked Boston blew past the Pens, fuck them and their superstar shit.

This'll suprisingly be the first time Boston and Chicago have played in a cup final against eachother. I don't care who wins, I just hope it's a long series and goes to seven.

thugnificent

« Reply #1656 on: June 09, 2013, 09:03:17 PM »
are you guys really going to act like the bruins dont have just as many star players as the penguins?

police state

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1657 on: June 09, 2013, 09:12:37 PM »
you cant buy a winning team.. well maybe in baseball
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

thugnificent

« Reply #1658 on: June 09, 2013, 09:26:53 PM »
the bruins did the exact same thing the penguins did

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #1659 on: June 09, 2013, 09:38:08 PM »
i stopped caring after the rangers lost
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #1660 on: June 10, 2013, 09:42:14 AM »
i stopped caring after the rangers lost

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1661 on: June 10, 2013, 07:22:48 PM »

what in the fuck are you talking about?

also has nothing to do with this but i love the fact the quaiders shot went off of iginlas stick for the win, dont come to our team and help us finish off yours thanks bud
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:24:35 PM by waltercronkite »

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1662 on: June 10, 2013, 07:29:34 PM »
are you guys really going to act like the bruins dont have just as many star players as the penguins?

i like to think we do but i dont think the rest of the league sees it that way

thugnificent

« Reply #1663 on: June 10, 2013, 08:31:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

filling their team with stars

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1664 on: June 11, 2013, 07:25:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

filling their team with stars

this year like who? pandolfo and jagr? all of our good players came to our team when they were practically kids patrice, krejci, lucic, marchand we picked up horton but he was hardly a big name in the league when he came over Chara is the only one we picked up you could make a case for so im confused as to what you mean we filled our team with stars we filled our team with good prospects that turned into stars maybe

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1665 on: June 13, 2013, 05:36:13 AM »
That was a very stressful game.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1666 on: June 13, 2013, 04:24:43 PM »
So glad Chicago won; anyone but Boston and I like Chelsea Dagger.

Anyhow, Gonchar traded to Dallas, Streit traded to Philly, Bryzgalov and Briere to be bought out and Dallas' new jerseys look unreal.

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #1667 on: June 18, 2013, 09:43:02 AM »
TUUKKA.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1668 on: June 19, 2013, 10:10:29 PM »
That game was so fucking stressful.  But super exciting and entertaining.  I'm glad that (almost?) all the goals were solid too.

kmdoom

• Rep: -18
« Reply #1669 on: June 20, 2013, 09:05:27 AM »

Anyhow, Gonchar traded to Dallas, Streit traded to Philly, Bryzgalov and Briere to be bought out and Dallas' new jerseys look unreal.

Wait wait wait... Briere maybe, but the Bryz nah...

Nick..

« Reply #1670 on: June 20, 2013, 07:32:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Turns out they changed their minds and only buying out Briere. I'd be fucking scared if Steve Mason was a starter on one of my favorite teams.

kmdoom

• Rep: -18
« Reply #1671 on: June 21, 2013, 09:00:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Turns out they changed their minds and only buying out Briere. I'd be fucking scared if Steve Mason was a starter on one of my favorite teams.

Yeah Mason's a good backup though. Thought the Flyers would go after Bernier in LA, if not them someone will get him. Maybe my Caps should give the Kings Neuvirth for him, how sick would Holtby and Bernier be? :D

Red

• Rep: 51
« Reply #1672 on: June 22, 2013, 01:58:25 AM »
We got ourselves a series boys.
Not many Hockey fans in NZ but good excuse to get drunk at midday on a Sunday.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1673 on: June 22, 2013, 11:59:54 AM »
Holmgren is the worst GM in the league. I can't believe they traded away the Vezina winning goaltender, and signed Brzygalov to a 30 year deal

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1674 on: June 22, 2013, 02:32:31 PM »
Holmgren is the worst GM in the league. I can't believe they traded away the Vezina winning goaltender, and signed Brzygalov to a 30 year deal

the bob never came up when it mattered while in philly. shit even in columbus they still missed the playoffs.

whoever was columbus' last gm and the one they have now are both pretty sorry. they let the rangers fleece them twice in one year.

Nick..

« Reply #1675 on: June 22, 2013, 07:03:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the bob never came up when it mattered while in philly. shit even in columbus they still missed the playoffs.

whoever was columbus' last gm and the one they have now are both pretty sorry. they let the rangers fleece them twice in one year.
Bobrovsky was a large reason why Columbus surged up the standings and they became somewhat relevant. Hell, they only missed the playoffs by a point because Minnesota edged them out at the end. Gaborik also did very well once he got traded there and playing in Todd Richards' system again (he coached the Wild when Gaborik was there.)

I wouldn't call Jarmo Kekalainen (the GM) sorry either considering he's going into the draft with three first round picks (from trading Carter and Nash) while having their own pick; meaning he could trade any one of those picks for a player that can address their needs. Just personal opinion.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 07:05:17 PM by Nick.. »

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1676 on: June 22, 2013, 08:04:00 PM »
So this is news to me but Jeff Carter fucked Scott Hartnells wife and thats why he was traded to Columbus in the first place.

Also Brieres wife got fucked by a teammate and thats why he sucked for those 2 years while he was going through his divorce.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1677 on: June 22, 2013, 08:18:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Bobrovsky was a large reason why Columbus surged up the standings and they became somewhat relevant. Hell, they only missed the playoffs by a point because Minnesota edged them out at the end. Gaborik also did very well once he got traded there and playing in Todd Richards' system again (he coached the Wild when Gaborik was there.)

I wouldn't call Jarmo Kekalainen (the GM) sorry either considering he's going into the draft with three first round picks (from trading Carter and Nash) while having their own pick; meaning he could trade any one of those picks for a player that can address their needs. Just personal opinion.

if i remember correctly, Gaborik had six points in like 15 games with them? i know brassard out performed him post trade. that and the fact that they gave up two other players, john moore is going to be good, columbus lost out on that trade. gaborik is past his prime, they gave up youth to get an over the hill guy. also, first round draft picks dont mean anything. look what they did with brassard, they couldnt develop him correctly. i think the rangers' ryan callahan was a sixth round pick, right?

zoltan

« Reply #1678 on: June 22, 2013, 08:26:13 PM »
So this is news to me but Jeff Carter fucked Scott Hartnells wife and thats why he was traded to Columbus in the first place.

Also Brieres wife got fucked by a teammate and thats why he sucked for those 2 years while he was going through his divorce.

Thats because Jeff Carter is a G

thugnificent

« Reply #1679 on: June 22, 2013, 09:22:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

columbus got a way better deal in the nash trade than new york did