Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 225023 times)

Nick..

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #2040 on: May 21, 2014, 08:15:44 PM »
Subban is arguably the best player of all the Canadian teams.....that's why he gets all the attention....
Phil Kessel says hi.

Nick..

« Reply #2041 on: May 21, 2014, 08:16:14 PM »

What a great game, awesome third period.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2042 on: May 21, 2014, 11:33:40 PM »
LA is an awesome team to watch if they meet NY its over.

mini greek

• Rep: 32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2043 on: May 22, 2014, 03:10:19 PM »
Fuck the Kings.  The Hawks out skated and out played them and then it's like they gave up after that 3rd LA goal.
Get litty.....

Ernie McCracken

• Rep: 35
« Reply #2044 on: May 22, 2014, 11:31:45 PM »
Fuck the Kings.  The Hawks out skated and out played them and then it's like they gave up after that 3rd LA goal.

Take that anger out on the blackhawks and not the Kings. The kings were hanging tough throughout the game and when chicago let the guard down and played horrible in the 3rd  period, the Kings took full advantage of it.

Harem

« Reply #2045 on: May 26, 2014, 06:37:43 PM »
I'd say that's just about curtains for us :(

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2046 on: May 26, 2014, 06:43:09 PM »
Listen up guys, I have a futures bet on NY to win the cup.. I feel that they will be pretty big underdogs to either LA or Chicago. I'm hedging for a profit either way (i got 16/1 odds  ;D) but if LA wins tonight It may be smart to do it tonight, it's like 10$ tyo win 160. Anyone got any advice here? Can Chicago comeback

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #2047 on: May 31, 2014, 07:51:59 PM »
Two of my all time favorites. posting it just cause (if there was a bourque one i would have obviously posted that too)

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #2048 on: June 01, 2014, 12:42:51 PM »
Rangers will take the cup. King Henrik mvp

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2049 on: June 01, 2014, 08:55:10 PM »
Rangers will take the cup. King Henrik mvp

lol. Kings just beat 3 of the best teams in the league... i dont think the rangers will stop them

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2050 on: June 01, 2014, 09:16:30 PM »
Fuck.  The worst thing was that wasn't even a good goal.  It took a weird bounce off of Leddy and went it.

Tracer

« Reply #2051 on: June 01, 2014, 09:18:33 PM »
2 biggest cities in North America in the Finals.. I've wanted to see this for a long time it should be a very exciting, hard hitting, low scoring finals.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
« Reply #2052 on: June 01, 2014, 11:18:13 PM »
Fuck.  The worst thing was that wasn't even a good goal.  It took a weird bounce off of Leddy and went it.

Pretty common in the playoffs.....especially this game.....sucks they couldnt repeat but they'll be in the mix for awhile....best thing since the Detroit/Colorado era.....

I hate LA though...

wiggitywiggity

• Rep: 25
  • You Don't Gnome Me Man!
« Reply #2053 on: June 02, 2014, 09:51:25 AM »
Not a Rangers fan by any means, but I'm really routing for them. Henrik deserves at least one cup hoisting, and this year seems like a good shot!

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #2054 on: June 02, 2014, 11:27:37 AM »
Not a Rangers fan by any means, but I'm really routing for them. Henrik deserves at least one cup hoisting, and this year seems like a good shot!

They got their work cut out for them. The Kings are the peskiest team this year. Every time it looks like they're done, boom, they're back. I forget who said it in a post-game but he mentioned that they've been described as a team of cockroaches and that's pretty accurate. I think this will be the first series for them that doesn't take all 7 games.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #2055 on: June 02, 2014, 11:42:46 AM »
Im a big Rangers fan. I would not count them out. This isnt like the 09-10 Philly team that miracled their way into the finals, the Rangers are actually a talented team. Hank is the best goalie LA will face, he played game six lights out. The Rangers have rallied around MSLs mothers passing and Dom Moore moving on from the death of his wife. They are playing some emotional hockey, and they will put up a fucking fight. I see Hank stealing this one and Dom Moore coming through. We also have Ryan McDonagh. Rick Nash is getting going. Rangers have D, forward depth, some playmakers. We got just as much talent as LA and a better net-minder.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2056 on: June 02, 2014, 02:32:51 PM »
I want the Rangers to win just because they're the underdogs and it'll be cool to have another team win the Cup after a long absence versus a repeat.  But I reall don't want to give New Yorkers something else to brag about.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2057 on: June 02, 2014, 06:18:41 PM »

Really cool little story about andrew alberts and if you dont follow complete hockey news on facebook you should.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=510545862405615&set=a.389291594531043.1073741861.386711284789074&type=1&theater

Tracer

« Reply #2058 on: June 02, 2014, 08:44:10 PM »
Im a big Rangers fan. I would not count them out. This isnt like the 09-10 Philly team that miracled their way into the finals, the Rangers are actually a talented team. Hank is the best goalie LA will face, he played game six lights out. The Rangers have rallied around MSLs mothers passing and Dom Moore moving on from the death of his wife. They are playing some emotional hockey, and they will put up a fucking fight. I see Hank stealing this one and Dom Moore coming through. We also have Ryan McDonagh. Rick Nash is getting going. Rangers have D, forward depth, some playmakers. We got just as much talent as LA and a better net-minder.
LA will probably smoke them first 2 games at home. Lundquist isn't exactly a game changer with Quick at the other end. I don't see how NY can win a series vs LA, they got it all.. LA kills penalties, dont give up anything, and are huge.. NY is going to lose case closed

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2059 on: June 02, 2014, 08:47:12 PM »
I guess it's a physical game and you work so hard to be at a certain level...and it's not like skating...but doesn't it trip you out when dudes retire and never even play any sort of hockey ever?  

Definitely pulling for the Rangers....and it might be a bit more loose than we think.....stoked on the playoffs this year....everyone is so fucking good...I look at a lot of the teams who didn't make it in and you wonder how far behind they are from the pack....

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #2060 on: June 02, 2014, 10:06:21 PM »
I guess it's a physical game and you work so hard to be at a certain level...and it's not like skating...but doesn't it trip you out when dudes retire and never even play any sort of hockey ever?  

Definitely pulling for the Rangers....and it might be a bit more loose than we think.....stoked on the playoffs this year....everyone is so fucking good...I look at a lot of the teams who didn't make it in and you wonder how far behind they are from the pack....

what r u getting at with the retiring and not playing hockey thing? I'm lost

I just want a good series but I really love Alain vigneualt and I hope he gets a cup or 5.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2061 on: June 02, 2014, 11:28:31 PM »
The Alberts story....

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2062 on: June 03, 2014, 05:56:32 PM »
The Alberts story....

I got what you were saying and thats what kind of ended up ruining sports for me growing up. You can't play whenever you want because you need a lot of people involved just to play and also if you werent lucky to be good enough to play in college and then make a career out of it your days of playing were numbered anyways. I mean i do still play here and there especially when the ponds start to freeze in the winter but its not like skating thats for sure.

you ever play?

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #2063 on: June 03, 2014, 06:24:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
LA will probably smoke them first 2 games at home. Lundquist isn't exactly a game changer with Quick at the other end. I don't see how NY can win a series vs LA, they got it all.. LA kills penalties, dont give up anything, and are huge.. NY is going to lose case closed

From the NBA thread, proof you are a total moron:

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously this is perfect, I would overpay for finals tickets.
[close]

did you seriously hedge every single round
[close]
Didn't hedge at all, I have both NYR and SA to win the finals. No dead money just SU only NY and SA. How lucky is that? Spurs 12/1 and Rangers 16/1. Spurs felt obvious at the time, but NY didn't expect that..

Too long until the finals, lets get this shit underway already... Why can't they play tomorrow?

I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2064 on: June 03, 2014, 09:46:19 PM »
Expand Quote
The Alberts story....

[close]

I got what you were saying and thats what kind of ended up ruining sports for me growing up. You can't play whenever you want because you need a lot of people involved just to play and also if you werent lucky to be good enough to play in college and then make a career out of it your days of playing were numbered anyways. I mean i do still play here and there especially when the ponds start to freeze in the winter but its not like skating thats for sure.

you ever play?

No I never played any organized sports ever which partially led me to skateboarding.....through college and up until like last year or something I played ball hockey....I was a hack at best....same as skateboarding.....I know I won't skate forever, but I don't get it n skating or anything to be that into it....and then go cold turkey......

I feel for the guy though because of how he got taken out.....coach V I could tell always liked him...played him whenever he could....

Red

• Rep: 51
« Reply #2065 on: June 04, 2014, 04:37:26 AM »
"how's Jeff Carter today?"

"He's awesome, I wish I was Jeff Carter today."

Nick..

« Reply #2066 on: June 04, 2014, 09:05:23 AM »
http://grantland.com/features/stanley-cup-preview/

Best preview of the Finals I've read so far. I'm cheering for LA but you can't count out New York, especially if Quick plays the way he did against Chicago. It's my favourite Finals matchup in a long time.

Tracer

« Reply #2067 on: June 05, 2014, 10:13:07 AM »
Rick Nash is fuckin useless

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2068 on: June 06, 2014, 09:11:26 PM »
j soy it looks like Bylsma might be your guy next season

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2069 on: June 06, 2014, 09:58:34 PM »
Fucking amazing if it is....but honestly.....I think there are teams that are established that would boot out what they have for Shero and Bylsma....it instantly brings stability......

I know it though.....the team still had a way to go.....every second decision ownership makes is bad.....everyone is getting better....

What are you talking about.....RIck Nash is a phenom.....coming up the wing...cutting....and ripping a wrister......when the team is already up two goals....in preseason.....