Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224975 times)

Eric ricks

Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #2250 on: April 26, 2016, 12:39:54 PM »
I see

My bracket is fucked now too tracer lol.

Fuck though bring on pitts/caps!!! Gonna be fuckin amazing

waltercronkite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #2251 on: April 26, 2016, 01:27:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
thank god the chicago ass kissing can finally end in this thread now
[close]

Outed as an oilers fan
[close]

New to this thread? That's not even a good guess if anything my feelings of disdain for Chicago should've gotten me a "outed as a Detroit fan"
[close]

Yeah man I just joined a few pages back.

Damn so your pissed too. Do you think datsick is gonna retire? I fuckin hope not
[close]

Oh No I was just hinting that Detroit fans hate Chicago fans probably more than anyone since the success Chicago has had in recent years and the sense that you guys feel like you're hockey town now. 

As for magic man, I think he will retire, but ive watched and admired his silky mitts, his deceptiveness, vision and overall professionalism for the last 15 years and the fact that he still has some of the best hands in the league along with the injury he came back from is a testament to how Mich of a legend he is.

I bleed black and gold myself even though management makes it tough every year
[close]
Vancouver would have something to say about that....

You talking about hating Chicago more than Detroit or Vancouver being hockeytown

My brackets a mess as well. I had Chicago and la in the western conference finals lol

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2252 on: April 26, 2016, 01:42:08 PM »
Vancouver hates Chicago like it's Israel Palestine

Eric ricks

« Reply #2253 on: April 26, 2016, 03:07:38 PM »
Im taking washington in 6

I hope it goes 7 though.

And i hope ovie has at least one massive hit on crosby/kessel

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2254 on: April 26, 2016, 05:29:11 PM »
Im taking washington in 6

I hope it goes 7 though.

And i hope ovie has at least one massive hit on crosby/kessel

If Murray continues to play the way he has been it could be puttaburghs. I think it goes 7 either way

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2255 on: April 26, 2016, 08:17:36 PM »

Nah man...isreal and Palestine....we're a city that invented yoga pants and are lead by the sedins.....

Until we make the playoffs.....no rivalry.....

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2256 on: April 26, 2016, 10:07:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nah man...isreal and Palestine....we're a city that invented yoga pants and are lead by the sedins.....

Until we make the playoffs.....no rivalry.....

probably the only boston fan who likes the sedins

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2257 on: April 26, 2016, 10:49:49 PM »
Hey....I never thought I'd pound my chest over two guys cycling the puck...

Not really fair but they may have put up more points together than anyone in hockey....(gonna have to check Kurri and Gretzky)

Likely will be the best players ever in a Canucks uni.....

looking forward to Washington/Pittsburgh......I think Sid is gonna get super bitchy.....

Eric ricks

« Reply #2258 on: April 27, 2016, 03:39:25 AM »
Hey....I never thought I'd pound my chest over two guys cycling the puck...

Not really fair but they may have put up more points together than anyone in hockey....(gonna have to check Kurri and Gretzky)

Likely will be the best players ever in a Canucks uni.....

looking forward to Washington/Pittsburgh......I think Sid is gonna get super bitchy.....

I dont think sid wants this at all. Ill be super surprised if he even steps on the ice during an ovechkin shift.

I stick by my word but in my heart of hearts i hope it goes game 7, quadruple overtime lol

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2259 on: April 27, 2016, 07:55:24 AM »
I think the crosby hate is hilarious

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2260 on: April 27, 2016, 09:15:11 AM »
I don't hate him....i think he really wants to win but he's not at the point where he can just be a robot anymore....I think he'll throw everything he can into it.  Pussy no....bitchy yes....

Kinda think Nashville might win......

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2261 on: April 27, 2016, 09:25:44 AM »
Tampa has everything to make another cup run. It's all about what goalie gets hot and Bishop has an amazing team infront of him. Islanders will be disposed of pretty easily. 

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2262 on: April 27, 2016, 09:32:52 AM »
I don't hate him....i think he really wants to win but he's not at the point where he can just be a robot anymore....I think he'll throw everything he can into it.  Pussy no....bitchy yes....

Never a robot he used to be really really creative and after the concussion he simplified his game a bit which has only really hurt his goal scoring abilities and he's a little closer to ppg than the 100 pt mark every season

Eric ricks

« Reply #2263 on: April 27, 2016, 12:35:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's kinda my take on him as well.  He's talented and all but he does come off as bitchy.

Yep.

And i dont hate crosby either. I think hes a very good embassador for the game and you cannot say he isnt talented.

I just love when star players go head to head and one happens to be a badass body checker

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #2264 on: April 27, 2016, 03:33:01 PM »
No one can deny Crosby's talent and I have no doubts that like a lot of players, he's super appreciative of his fans (I think he hooked up a Senators superfan who has this rare skin condition with a bunch of tailored suits from his personal tailor to wear to the games because he gets to sit with the scouts), but he's definitely very whiney and will kick and scream at the smallest perceived slight.  At least it doesn't seem like the NHL is blowing smoke up his ass as much as they used to.

Eric ricks

« Reply #2265 on: April 27, 2016, 04:00:00 PM »
No one can deny Crosby's talent and I have no doubts that like a lot of players, he's super appreciative of his fans (I think he hooked up a Senators superfan who has this rare skin condition with a bunch of tailored suits from his personal tailor to wear to the games because he gets to sit with the scouts), but he's definitely very whiney and will kick and scream at the smallest perceived slight.  At least it doesn't seem like the NHL is blowing smoke up his ass as much as they used to.

When he first came into the league that promotion hype was very hard to watch.

Remember the ovie/crosby commercials? Holy fuck

straight

« Reply #2266 on: April 27, 2016, 07:03:26 PM »
So excited for the pens caps series!

Eric ricks

« Reply #2267 on: April 29, 2016, 07:49:38 AM »
Oshie goes nuts with the hatrick! Caps win 4-3 in OT

straight

« Reply #2268 on: April 30, 2016, 06:15:09 PM »
Orpiks a dirty fuck head. .that said go caps!

Eric ricks

« Reply #2269 on: April 30, 2016, 06:16:57 PM »
Go Caps!!!

In other news the fuckin oilers finally dont get 1st pick!!!!

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2270 on: May 01, 2016, 06:48:10 PM »
Go Caps!!!

do you still play at all ricks?

also orpik got 3 games for the hit on maata

Eric ricks

« Reply #2271 on: May 01, 2016, 06:53:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Go Caps!!!

[close]

Good for Orpik!

Yeah I play mens league and I volunteer assistant coach in atom level(11/12 year olds)

You play?

Tracer

« Reply #2272 on: May 01, 2016, 07:00:29 PM »
3 games is bullshit that's a 2 minute interference penalty. This is the playoffs...!! They call it a "high hit" because a bigger guy clocked him?? Should Orpik get on his knees to hit the guy?

NHL is getting too pussy, Scott Stevens threw those borderline hits his whole career and got praised for it. Today you get fined and suspended...

Eric ricks

« Reply #2273 on: May 01, 2016, 07:02:45 PM »
3 games is bullshit that's a 2 minute interference penalty. This is the playoffs...!! They call it a "high hit" because a bigger guy clocked him?? Should Orpik get on his knees to hit the guy?

NHL is getting too pussy, Scott Stevens threw those borderline hits his whole career and got praised for it. Today you get fined and suspended...

I hate the guys play so im ok with it😊

Haha but the hit was late.

But I do agree, its playoffs and ya gotta have less calls
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 07:08:27 PM by Eric ricks »

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2274 on: May 01, 2016, 08:17:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Go Caps!!!

[close]

[close]

Good for Orpik!

Yeah I play mens league and I volunteer assistant coach in atom level(11/12 year olds)

You play?

I was in a men's league for awhile but school and life shit got in the way. I've been playing pick up once a week with a bunch of old friends but our rink closes for the summer next week so I don't know what I'll do, I'll probably go crazy lol

Eric ricks

« Reply #2275 on: May 01, 2016, 09:33:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Go Caps!!!

[close]

[close]

Good for Orpik!

You play?
[close]

I was in a men's league for awhile but school and life shit got in the way. I've been playing pick up once a week with a bunch of old friends but our rink closes for the summer next week so I don't know what I'll do, I'll probably go crazy lol

Cool!

Yeah our rink shut down two weeks ago, always a bummer.

I went extra hard this year too trying to get in great shape for skateboarding.

First session I could walk for 2 days hahahaha

Its coming back though. Feels great to be back on the board thats for sure!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2276 on: May 01, 2016, 09:38:30 PM »

Games moving a lot faster now and they are making movies about NFL players who turn into vegetables.....any hit to the head will become like drawing blood on a high stick....the game will look like international hockey soon....which is sick if it was USA vs Russia...but a lot of nights it'll look like the Swiss vs. Germany....

I think the league and a lot of hockey fans....we're looking to suspend Orpik.....

The leafs getting first pick....sick....another Canadian team wasting a perfectly good star.....you think if Seguin went to Edmonton he'd be what he is?  Tavares?  The Leafs will bury that kid.....

Tracer

« Reply #2277 on: May 02, 2016, 12:27:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Games moving a lot faster now and they are making movies about NFL players who turn into vegetables.....any hit to the head will become like drawing blood on a high stick....the game will look like international hockey soon....which is sick if it was USA vs Russia...but a lot of nights it'll look like the Swiss vs. Germany....

I think the league and a lot of hockey fans....we're looking to suspend Orpik.....

The leafs getting first pick....sick....another Canadian team wasting a perfectly good star.....you think if Seguin went to Edmonton he'd be what he is?  Tavares?  The Leafs will bury that kid.....
Sick of the NHL baby-ing these visor wearing clowns, you are playing hockey so keep your head up. Trotz went off on it too

NHL pretends they care about player safety, yet you can have a bareknuckle boxing match with no infraction ??? ???

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2278 on: May 02, 2016, 03:08:48 PM »
I used to watch a lot of the giants games in junior and you can see exactly what will happen.....1) visors mandatory/grandfather 2) penalty for helmet coming off in a fight.....

Suddenly you have two guys punching each other in the visor......

How many fights are there in games that matter?  It'll somewhat be around but not part of the game the way it use to....hitting...they'll start looking at....'did you ever think you were going to get the puck?'  Hitting came about due to incidental contact....it was refined and perfected...

As much as they hit like that in the 90's.....they didn't in the 70's....or even before that.....it's way more open now....dudes are way bigger and faster....sooner or later the league will do something....they did something about the clutching and grabbing....bench clearing brawls and scrums..this will happen....

straight

« Reply #2279 on: May 02, 2016, 04:35:59 PM »
And then these to top it off