Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224973 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #300 on: July 01, 2009, 08:38:31 AM »
it was a rumour....but i don't think they can do it now they took gomez....

MOSAIC!

• Rep: 11
« Reply #301 on: July 01, 2009, 09:14:56 AM »
i heard something about lecavalier going to montreal. can anyone back this up?
Your 4 months late on that one

frisco

« Reply #302 on: July 01, 2009, 12:55:30 PM »
Well I like the length of the sedins deal, 5 years, but then we have to sign luongo for a large amount, im still not stoked on giving them 6.1 every season and a NMC

Hossa signed a 12 year deal in Chicago, hes gonna be 42 years old, say goodbye to Havlat Kane Sharp, doubt theyd dump the captain

MOSAIC!

« Reply #303 on: July 01, 2009, 01:26:43 PM »
Well I like the length of the sedins deal, 5 years, but then we have to sign luongo for a large amount, im still not stoked on giving them 6.1 every season and a NMC

Hossa signed a 12 year deal in Chicago, hes gonna be 42 years old, say goodbye to Havlat Kane Sharp, doubt theyd dump the captain

The cap hit is only 5 million great value for Chicago
Hossa is a huge upgrade over Havlat, Havlat is a huge risk this year was the first year he was injury free
more like good bye Toews, Kane and Keith but I have a feeling Chicago has a plan for dealing with there cap problems next year like giving Kane Toews and Keith 15 year contracts that are incredibly front loaded with a  cap hit around 4 million each and then find a sucker for Campbell

beardface

• Rep: 34
« Reply #304 on: July 01, 2009, 02:03:32 PM »
Expand Quote
i heard something about lecavalier going to montreal. can anyone back this up?
[close]
Your 4 months late on that one
lulz. mah bad guys!

yeah thats one hell of a contract. i wonder how much he's gettin for that long. but with khabibulan goin to edmonton and havlat gone thats gotta free up some cap space right!?!? RIGHT?!?!! PLEASE?!
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #305 on: July 01, 2009, 03:38:58 PM »
If the Oilers still manage to grab Heatley, with him and Khabibulin they're going to be looking like a much better team next year already.

frisco

« Reply #306 on: July 01, 2009, 06:30:45 PM »
Canucks are all but fucked, we got worse by losing lolhund and didnt add anyone, were gonna have to trade to try and make our team better, i want to get rid of pyatt, maybe trade bernier raymond and something for an upgrade in a second line center

Montreals top line is literally the smallest in the leaugue, Cammeleri Gomez Gionta, averages like 5"10

Fucking Gaborik going to the Rangers, Havlat Koivu and Kovalev are pretty much the only big names left, watch Koivu go to Anaheim and of course Vancouver will lose out

were pretty fucked

MOSAIC!

« Reply #307 on: July 01, 2009, 09:36:07 PM »
I really thought LA would add the top 6 forward they need to be a solid playoff team to bad I guess
Jesus Gaineys throwing Montreals money around like its nothing giving Cammalari 6 million a year is to fucking stupid, the Canadians are gonna have big problems against the tougher teams in the conference like Philly and Toronto
I think the Caps had the smartest pickup getting Knuble for dirt cheap all the Caps needed to go further was more grit which Knuble definetly brings

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #308 on: July 02, 2009, 09:53:43 AM »
yeahhhh gaborik! haha, jk guys. hopefully he can stay healthy, but being a ranger fan im not too optomistic.

was a big gomez fan, but we need a goal scorer and already have players that do gomez job. plus freeing $7+mil of cap space is good. suckks we lost sjostrom though, really good player. if any of you guys are flames fans (i dont think there are, remember quite a bit of hate for em here) you should be psyched you have him.

lose orr, gain brashear? geez i donno. brashear is pretty hated in ny, i definitely yelled at my tv for a few days after he knocked out betts and got that suspension

variation

« Reply #309 on: July 02, 2009, 12:23:09 PM »
fuck hockey.,,,,,,

featuring

• Rep: -22
« Reply #310 on: July 02, 2009, 12:26:16 PM »
original

MOSAIC!

« Reply #311 on: July 02, 2009, 12:29:33 PM »
yeahhhh gaborik! haha, jk guys. hopefully he can stay healthy, but being a ranger fan im not too optomistic.

was a big gomez fan, but we need a goal scorer and already have players that do gomez job. plus freeing $7+mil of cap space is good. suckks we lost sjostrom though, really good player. if any of you guys are flames fans (i dont think there are, remember quite a bit of hate for em here) you should be psyched you have him.

lose orr, gain brashear? geez i donno. brashear is pretty hated in ny, i definitely yelled at my tv for a few days after he knocked out betts and got that suspension
The rangers had a great free agency they got rid of gomez and got Gaborik Higgins and 3 good prospects Sather is a god

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #312 on: July 02, 2009, 01:14:51 PM »

Somehow that signing slipped by me completely. Definitely seems like anyone familiar with his play thinks he's a good signing though, so hopefully he has a good year.

Pretty stoked that half of Team Canada's defence at the Olympics could well be from the Flames.

MOSAIC!

« Reply #313 on: July 02, 2009, 03:06:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Somehow that signing slipped by me completely. Definitely seems like anyone familiar with his play thinks he's a good signing though, so hopefully he has a good year.

Pretty stoked that half of Team Canada's defence at the Olympics could well be from the Flames.
Ya Sjostroms a hell of a player the flames have really made a lot of smart moves this offseason, im impressed
ya but if Dion plays anything like he did last year he has no buisness being near the olympic team

frisco

« Reply #314 on: August 31, 2009, 05:43:10 PM »
its still a while away, but I always get really stoked really early, especially with the moves the Canucks have been making as of late

Ill put together another pool but the draft will be a different format, it was too much of a hassle to get everyone together at the same time with different time zones

Im sure we could get 6 or 7 dudes wanting to make a team, I know some posters didnt get a team in time last time so im starting it a little earlier

beardface

• Rep: 34
« Reply #315 on: November 16, 2009, 11:22:30 AM »
hey what the fuck? how has this thread been in the freezer for this long?
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

frisco

« Reply #316 on: November 16, 2009, 03:35:35 PM »
no ones ever down to talk about hockey, mosaic, you, jsoy, mooley, bombay are a few but the thread can never last too long, i think i have half of the replies in here lol

Colorado has been one hell of a surprise this season, and Kopitar too, I knew he was money but didn't thing he'd be leading the league, I could see him winning the scoring title with all the fucking injuries happening this year

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #317 on: November 16, 2009, 03:58:10 PM »

edit: wat.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 03:59:45 PM by tough omelette »

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #318 on: November 18, 2009, 08:18:42 AM »
Hahaha and Caps beat Rangers, 4-2!
ahhh the bums blew it again. without gaborik we wouldnt be scoring any goals and that isnt even an exaggeration haha. i couldnt watch the game though. directv blows and i cant watch my own local team play sometimes because they put the game on VS instead of msg. fucking hate VS

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #319 on: November 18, 2009, 08:25:52 AM »
I've been avoiding this thread since the Leaf's suck so fucking bad. Kessel had a nice goal last night though, skated right up the middle on his own and put it in. Feel bad for Phil, he's got no one to even set him up once in a while. And can they get rid of Jason Blake already? The guy is the biggest pylon on the team. Luke Schenn fucking sucks balls now too.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #320 on: November 18, 2009, 08:50:10 AM »
lol didnt know you were a toronto fan choad

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #321 on: November 18, 2009, 08:57:09 AM »
it ain't easy

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #322 on: November 18, 2009, 10:05:42 AM »
everyone tells me they are goign to be really godo in the next few years though haha

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #323 on: November 18, 2009, 10:09:20 AM »
I couldn't be more stoked on the Caps.  Finally a DC team doing something I am proud of.

yeah caps are killing it this year

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #324 on: November 18, 2009, 10:16:11 AM »
everyone tells me they are goign to be really godo in the next few years though haha

yea, everyone says that every year

this year we were supposed to have a a formidable defense, and a tough fighting squad

instead our defense is shit except for Ian White and sometimes Kaberle, and they are all a bunch of pussies besides Colton Orr

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #325 on: November 18, 2009, 11:11:25 AM »
I don't have cable and I've had zero time so I really haven't been following this year as much as I should. Trying to get as many Flames tickets as possible when I'm home for Christmas though, pretty stoked on how they've been doing, especially Bourque.

MOSAIC!

« Reply #326 on: November 18, 2009, 12:58:25 PM »

I couldnt see how, they don't have a first round pick for 2 years thanks to that horrible Kessel trade, and there prospects suck other than Kadri and a couple others

my caps look real good if we get a solid d man at the deadline the cup is ours

letsgobois

• Rep: -25
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #327 on: November 18, 2009, 12:59:40 PM »
I don't have cable and I've had zero time so I really haven't been following this year as much as I should. Trying to get as many Flames tickets as possible when I'm home for Christmas though, pretty stoked on how they've been doing, especially Bourque.

I love Bourque, he's up on my wall, I have a framed print of him. I gotta get to some more this year though, the only one I have been to was the preseason Isles game where Theo was the shootout hero, fuck that was amazing

MOSAIC!

« Reply #328 on: November 18, 2009, 03:23:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I couldn't be more stoked on the Caps.  Finally a DC team doing something I am proud of.
[close]

yeah caps are killing it this year
[close]

I don't give a shit how early in the season it is.  I am seeing playoffs in the future...
you should be seeing the caps winning the east, theirs no chance this team doesn't make the playoffs

frisco

« Reply #329 on: November 18, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »
I could seriously see them making the cup finals if everything comes together and Varlyomov can hold down a few games, like it was said before they need another D to bolster their blue line, I want to see a Pens/Caps series again that would be sick 

Hossa comes back to action in about a week, I really hope he kills it I have him in my pool, plus I just lost Gionta to a broken bone in his foot