Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 308803 times)

formula420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
Re: BATB12
« Reply #2190 on: October 26, 2021, 07:32:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
these games seem rigged / edited in such a way to make them seem closer than they really were etc.  like they gave people more tries to get shit on defense i bet to make a better vid , almost every game i have seen reaks of this especially that sean vs sean rematch suddenly the trick level was way better the 2nd game lol almost as if they had more than 1 try per trick
[close]

Wouldn’t be surprised. First Try Fridays were all staged IIRC
[close]

Would not be surprised at all if it was staged. But some people didnt land it first try so was the berrics doing those guys dirty by not staging it?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1955
« Reply #2191 on: October 26, 2021, 07:33:23 AM »
I forget who said it (Maybe Grant Yansura) but many of them were definitely staged. I think I remember hearing them having to film Mike V drive around the block like 5 times to get his sequence right.

vhsfisheye

« Reply #2192 on: October 26, 2021, 08:30:38 AM »
I forget who said it (Maybe Grant Yansura) but many of them were definitely staged. I think I remember hearing them having to film Mike V drive around the block like 5 times to get his sequence right.

Im pretty sure Ryan townley said something about this in his pals questions? Said he drove around the block like 3 times

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1955
« Reply #2193 on: October 26, 2021, 08:47:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Im pretty sure Ryan townley said something about this in his pals questions? Said he drove around the block like 3 times

That's probably what I'm thinking of, haha

itspizzapie

• Rep: -13
« Reply #2194 on: October 26, 2021, 08:48:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
these games seem rigged / edited in such a way to make them seem closer than they really were etc.  like they gave people more tries to get shit on defense i bet to make a better vid , almost every game i have seen reaks of this especially that sean vs sean rematch suddenly the trick level was way better the 2nd game lol almost as if they had more than 1 try per trick
[close]

Wouldn’t be surprised. First Try Fridays were all staged IIRC
[close]

[close]

Would not be surprised at all if it was staged. But some people didnt land it first try so was the berrics doing those guys dirty by not staging it?

Vincent Milou said in a french podcast that his battle against Aurélien in "battle of the French" was kinda rigged, like they refilmed makes, had a few tries to make a trick etc. so they definitely pull off that kind of stuff sometimes, i think a big tell of it is if there's public or not. if there's no public (battle of the french, crob vs mike mo in batb11, sean vs shaun rematch) then they def staged/refilmed some stuff.
If there's a crowd i'm not so sure, seems kind of risky, even if they have ppl sign stuff it's a small world so i'd think they do things straight.

TheDingus

« Reply #2195 on: October 26, 2021, 09:27:46 AM »
Think about this: the dude that owns half doesn’t skate, the other half is owned by hypebeast. They don’t skate either. The main filmer chase doesn’t skate. They push shoes on kids from a company not rooted in skateboarding. The entire thing is fake.

Heywood Jeblowme

• Rep: -23
« Reply #2196 on: October 26, 2021, 10:00:09 AM »
Think about this: the dude that owns half doesn’t skate, the other half is owned by hypebeast. They don’t skate either. The main filmer chase doesn’t skate. They push shoes on kids from a company not rooted in skateboarding. The entire thing is fake.

The only thing that is real is that are making real money off moving skateboarding into a shitty prefab park. Borra is unironically a comic book villain. Pushing Scientology on children is vaudeville as fuck

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2197 on: October 26, 2021, 01:32:23 PM »
700 k views in 3 days...Borra not mad.

ilchymis

• Rep: -8
« Reply #2198 on: October 26, 2021, 05:36:12 PM »
I-want-to-believe.jpg

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #2199 on: October 28, 2021, 08:53:10 AM »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1185
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2200 on: October 28, 2021, 09:29:09 AM »
Keepin it core with a sick Netflix tie-in
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #2201 on: October 28, 2021, 09:38:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

For proof that First Try Fridays were staged (for the most part, but some dudes really are that good), see Greco's video. At 2:55 you can see Koston sneakily hide the evidence that they've already done multiple takes  ;D

TheDingus

« Reply #2202 on: October 28, 2021, 09:43:41 AM »
Think they got permission to do the squid game shit? Netflix; sue this place out of existence already.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
« Reply #2203 on: October 28, 2021, 11:12:18 AM »
which one do they kill at the end

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #2204 on: October 28, 2021, 11:21:13 AM »
I'd say for sure lots of the first try Friday's were staged. I know for a fact that some of those Run N Gun lines got extra days to complete.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #2205 on: October 28, 2021, 04:18:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

For proof that First Try Fridays were staged (for the most part, but some dudes really are that good), see Greco's video. At 2:55 you can see Koston sneakily hide the evidence that they've already done multiple takes  ;D

what evidence? I didnt notice anything
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #2206 on: October 28, 2021, 04:29:07 PM »
Looked like a skate tool on the wall.

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2207 on: October 28, 2021, 05:03:18 PM »
Looked like a skate tool on the wall.
Good eye, i couldve watched that timestamp another 10 times and likely wouldnt have noticed that.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #2208 on: October 29, 2021, 06:02:47 AM »
Watching that knowing it's staged it's actually so obvious

"Caveman blunt? Wow, really? I did not expect you to say that! Ok, whatever you say!"
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #2209 on: October 29, 2021, 06:28:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
what evidence? I didnt notice anything

Keys on the ledge. Koston looks at the camera and turns his back to it awkwardly to hide it. Then when Jimothy is walking up the stairs you hear keys making noise and then they are gone off the ledge.

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #2210 on: October 29, 2021, 06:44:28 AM »
wackness confirmed.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

IpathCats

« Reply #2211 on: October 29, 2021, 07:06:35 AM »
wackness confirmed.

Cold blooded, total reptile move

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2220
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #2212 on: October 29, 2021, 08:56:53 AM »
Berries is fake AF: CONFIRMED!
All these allegations of retakes & scripted results only lend further credence to the prophetic prediction made by some sage of a PAL when they said that Borra is trying to turn skateboard into professional wrestling.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2213 on: October 29, 2021, 09:43:27 AM »
Didn't Berra blackball Alex Mizurov out of industry when he exposed that they refilmed some of the Morgan Smiths tricks while he was on the airport or some shit

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #2214 on: October 29, 2021, 11:10:20 AM »
Imagine being a professional skateboarder and feeling compelled to fake a video where another professional skateboarder pulls a trick first try. There's literally nothing on the line except views.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

nopopguy

• Rep: 2
  • the life snake
« Reply #2215 on: October 29, 2021, 11:52:13 AM »
Didn't Berra blackball Alex Mizurov out of industry when he exposed that they refilmed some of the Morgan Smiths tricks while he was on the airport or some shit
can you tell me about it or where can I find info? pretty curious  ;D
the life snake

marty mcfly

« Reply #2216 on: October 29, 2021, 12:22:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
it was in one of his interviews with monster magazine (german mag)
borra wasn’t happy with that, banned him from the berrics and told him to never come back to the states again.
The fakie bigspin inward heel was refilmed

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #2217 on: October 29, 2021, 01:00:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
it was in one of his interviews with monster magazine (german mag)
borra wasn’t happy with that, banned him from the berrics and told him to never come back to the states again.
The fakie bigspin inward heel was refilmed

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=82927.30

ilchymis

• Rep: -8
« Reply #2218 on: October 30, 2021, 09:10:42 AM »
Apparently we’re just getting the squid game bullshit this weekend. I wonder if that griffin vs Geiger match will ever happen.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #2219 on: October 30, 2021, 10:51:21 AM »
He also banned Terpening but I can't remember the exact reason for it. Borra is hyper sensitive to any criticism so even if a friend of a friend of your sister mentions that it was, like, too cold in the berries one day he'll ban you.