Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 583426 times)

bob george

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5550 on: March 28, 2022, 04:03:39 PM »
Are there more hard things or soft things in the world?

I am now pondering this. You truly have a beautiful mind Sneaky man, i think you are my favourite poster.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
« Reply #5551 on: March 28, 2022, 04:05:32 PM »
How do you learn how to dance?

I am approaching thirty and would love to be able dance with friends at bars and weddings without having to be hammered to have the confidence.

I grew up in a family that never dances... I would love to break that cycle

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
As another only dances when very drunk person it would be good to know how to dance I guess. Only thing I've noticed over the years is when someone is "good" at dancing they are basically the worst. Maybe it's like fake style in skating. You don't want to look like you've been practicing or had lessons.

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5552 on: March 28, 2022, 04:21:17 PM »
Are there more hard things or soft things in the world?
no fucking question about it, it's hard. think about not just the things in the world, but what makes up the world. there's more rocks, more tough earth and everything.
the surface of the earth is tiny in comparison to the overall size of it. if you don't consider the liquid part of the earth's core as soft, then it's hard. there's just too much rock.

this is quite similar to the doors and wheels debate, i.e. are there more doors or wheels in the world?
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5553 on: March 28, 2022, 04:27:02 PM »
while i know nothing about it, the whole will smith debacle has got me thinking. why do people idolise celebrities in the first place? looking up to someone who is more likely to get involved in a scandal (at least a widely reported one) is just kind of stupid really. i think if i was a celebrity or super famous i would be really nice, and tell people to not look up to me.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5554 on: March 28, 2022, 04:47:23 PM »
while i know nothing about it, the whole will smith debacle has got me thinking. why do people idolise celebrities in the first place? looking up to someone who is more likely to get involved in a scandal (at least a widely reported one) is just kind of stupid really. i think if i was a celebrity or super famous i would be really nice, and tell people to not look up to me.
telling people not to look up to you is a cop out. Plenty of celebs/sports stars do this and it's bullcrapperz. It's like being like I want to be rich but not do the paying tax part of that life.
I think the celebrity thing is kinda dated now but made more sense in older times. You had your friends, family, neighbours and coworkers and that was pretty much the only people that existed to you and then when people achieved something great they were now known by everybody. But now thousands of random people can be known by a billion people for no real reason it's not just a handful of musicians, actors and athletes etc

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5555 on: March 28, 2022, 04:52:36 PM »
Why did America start calling people from India, Pakistan etc south or southeast Asian? There's so much more Asia south/south east of India. In the UK and some other places they are just called Asian. If someone says Asian they think of India, sri Lanka, Pakistan etc before they think of Korea, Japan etc

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5556 on: March 28, 2022, 08:39:02 PM »

I think it might be:

A) an outgrowth of the primate hierarchical alpha male/female thing that I’m sure is still hardwired in our brains like so many other animal impulses we’ve inherited. 

and

B) a useful social tool.  Since these mega celebrities are a group of people that pretty much everyone knows, we can kinda use them as muses and models and examples to explain all kinds of stuff.  It’s like how ancient Greeks used stories about gods to illustrate different facets of the human experience: lust, greed, hubris, bravery… all kinds of shit.  So Entertainment Tonight and the National Inquirer are like our version of The Iliad.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5557 on: April 02, 2022, 12:15:09 AM »
Why do so many skiers also skateboard. Wouldn't it make more sense to rollerskate or bmx or something

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5558 on: April 02, 2022, 07:25:21 AM »

I am approaching thirty and would love to be able dance with friends at bars and weddings without having to be hammered to have the confidence.

Always ask a homie. See who has the best move’s and just copy them.

If you was in Massachusetts I def meet up give you some pointers. I’m a certified boss on the floor almost any type of music.

When I’m skateboarding I’m dancing too. You can see it if you look close. In between tricks I’m shifting my weight from foot to foot without lifting my wheels usually.

I have this issue where there’s music constantly running in my head. It never even goes away so I learned to move with it.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
« Reply #5559 on: April 02, 2022, 10:12:07 AM »

Do you like music? Prettty crucial i think that you know what moves you, bump it in the car, the kitchen, get down on your own, just move around and get as stupid as possible, movin your mind as far as possible from rational thought. Try making small movements that feel nice and flow, like you were doing a skate trick over and over just because it feels right.
I was out dancing last night, girl I've been dating invited me to Britney Spears night at a local club. I've always found queer vibes way more comfortable to dance in, or raves, better than fancier bar or club scenes with a bunch of egos to bump into. Find a party that looks fun, probably best if its totally outside your friend zone so you don't feel like you are being judged by people you know. Find someone you know who likes to dance, could be a coworker or friend of a friend, it's actually better if they're not a close friend. Tell them you need to party, buy them a ticket, whatever, consider it a dancing lesson. Take some mushrooms or molly if you want, but keep it minimal, and keep the booze to a minimum. You have a mission dammit!
You can learn moves or whatever later, but it all starts with just being comfortable moving your body around other people, which is easier to learn in a judgement-free space with people you know truly don't give a fuck and just want to have a good time. Once you actually learn to enjoy dancing, it'll be easier to do it in different situations. Remember: dancing is about enjoying yourself, the rest doesn't matter unless you're auditioning for RiverDance. I think it's awesome you want to dance, good luck.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5560 on: April 02, 2022, 07:44:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Do you like music? Prettty crucial i think that you know what moves you, bump it in the car, the kitchen, get down on your own, just move around and get as stupid as possible, movin your mind as far as possible from rational thought. Try making small movements that feel nice and flow, like you were doing a skate trick over and over just because it feels right.
I was out dancing last night, girl I've been dating invited me to Britney Spears night at a local club. I've always found queer vibes way more comfortable to dance in, or raves, better than fancier bar or club scenes with a bunch of egos to bump into. Find a party that looks fun, probably best if its totally outside your friend zone so you don't feel like you are being judged by people you know. Find someone you know who likes to dance, could be a coworker or friend of a friend, it's actually better if they're not a close friend. Tell them you need to party, buy them a ticket, whatever, consider it a dancing lesson. Take some mushrooms or molly if you want, but keep it minimal, and keep the booze to a minimum. You have a mission dammit!
You can learn moves or whatever later, but it all starts with just being comfortable moving your body around other people, which is easier to learn in a judgement-free space with people you know truly don't give a fuck and just want to have a good time. Once you actually learn to enjoy dancing, it'll be easier to do it in different situations. Remember: dancing is about enjoying yourself, the rest doesn't matter unless you're auditioning for RiverDance. I think it's awesome you want to dance, good luck.

I miss going dancing so much. It’s so freeing. My greatest moments of clarity come on when I’m really really getting into it. Everyone starts moving in slow motion and the peak of the beat followed by the break. I could do that forever
(A)pl(E)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5561 on: April 02, 2022, 09:56:57 PM »
I want to be able to dance like this mofo:

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5562 on: April 03, 2022, 09:16:32 AM »
Hey what was the name of that plaza type spot in Syracuse. I think it was a library
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5563 on: April 06, 2022, 07:47:02 PM »
Natas invented the 80 switch crook on a curb in speed freaks? They called it sugar cane but clearly he’s in switch crook. “Only Natas can do them”
(A)pl(E)

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #5564 on: April 06, 2022, 11:21:32 PM »

"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #5565 on: April 07, 2022, 03:27:24 AM »
Play Just Dance and watch You Got Served... you’re welcome.

Just thought today Bam might be responsible for bringing the Philiy accent (my favorite) to the mainstream.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #5566 on: April 07, 2022, 04:50:16 AM »
Play Just Dance and watch You Got Served... you’re welcome.

Just thought today Bam might be responsible for bringing the Philiy accent (my favorite) to the mainstream.

him, the guy from hardball, brad cooper and the dead milkmen

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #5567 on: April 07, 2022, 11:52:33 AM »
If Christians think that their religion is a sequel to Judaism, why did they not convert to Islam? Also, what do flat-earthers think of the moon?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5568 on: April 11, 2022, 10:59:32 AM »
I’d like to see a new Jeff Stevens part soon
(A)pl(E)

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5569 on: April 11, 2022, 02:17:11 PM »
Would you ever take any sort of advice from a Scientologist? I don’t discriminate against advice from religious people, but I’m not sure it’s a religion.

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #5570 on: April 11, 2022, 04:37:37 PM »
Would you ever take any sort of advice from a Scientologist? I don’t discriminate against advice from religious people, but I’m not sure it’s a religion.
Nah, it's a cult with the same tax benefits as a religion. Also, religions are just big, organized cults, with tax benefits.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1414
« Reply #5571 on: April 11, 2022, 05:06:44 PM »
will my puppy eventually catch a crow?

why do people do a terrible job raising children (I understand generational trauma. I work with families etc. I'm just bent about it)

why do certain drugs need to be so damn addictive?
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5572 on: April 11, 2022, 06:32:11 PM »

why do people do a terrible job raising children (I understand generational trauma. I work with families etc. I'm just bent about it)

What sort of dog, why do you want it to catch a crow?
Why does anything have to be addictive. At least drugs are cool I'm addicted to sugar and salt

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5573 on: April 11, 2022, 07:05:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Why does anything have to be addictive. At least drugs are cool I'm addicted to sugar and salt

I don't want it to catch a crow, no freakin way, man. where I live crows and ravens are the primary birds. they're all over the yard and fence. she went chasing after one today for the first time. She is a 14 week German Shepherd, Husky, Akita mix. Super sweet puppy

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 730
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #5574 on: April 12, 2022, 01:14:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I don't want it to catch a crow, no freakin way, man. where I live crows and ravens are the primary birds. they're all over the yard and fence. she went chasing after one today for the first time. She is a 14 week German Shepherd, Husky, Akita mix. Super sweet puppy
That's got to be a beautiful dog. Pics or it didn't happen.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5575 on: April 12, 2022, 03:34:00 PM »

Here is a post hose pic. No crow images yet!

She looks predominantly german shepherd, especially in pics. Classic german shepherd sloped back too. IRL she's got some other serious husky markings on the chest and her ears kinda turn out a little more akita style. Both parents were between 80-110lbs.

Kinda splurged and ordered an embark DNA and medical issues kit. Find out what she really is...

here's another pic from the day she came home one month ago tomorrow. ABP but so it goes...

« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 03:58:18 PM by IusedToSkateMore »

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #5576 on: April 13, 2022, 07:33:47 AM »
Over the last couple weeks my apartments maintenance team is 3 for 3 on stopping by to revisit bathroom work RIGHT as I finish taking a shit.  Idk how they do it considering its at randomly different times but I feel bad for them

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 534
« Reply #5577 on: April 14, 2022, 03:47:00 PM »
spaying and neutering pets is totally nonconsensual. I feel sorry for my nutless dog.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5578 on: April 14, 2022, 06:37:07 PM »
Why do normies care?  They say you should make those vests and sell them to people. I’m like well that would be against my beliefs. Selling pre studded objects to normal people is illegal and makes the kooks. Studding a jacket is a right of passage in my culture. At some point and outsider took our belt culture and put it the mall. Now everyone has the same belts. If you can’t make the jacket you don’t really deserve it now do you? Especially if you can’t read the jacket. My jackets Sneering at the system.

So you understand right then pick up my groceries I wave I accidentally roll my eyes at them because they look like I just killed their puppy.

They probably just wanted me to be like What an original idea! Kinda like my fashion completely 2022 thing goin here. High five go team.

I speak straight to the eye more information than needed to illuminate the facts.
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5579 on: April 14, 2022, 06:38:15 PM »
They should just go shopping at supream or whatever hot topic speream samey same
(A)pl(E)