Author Topic: Vans: Mi Casa es tu Casa  (Read 1344 times)

figureitout

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -139
Vans: Mi Casa es tu Casa
« on: August 20, 2020, 11:02:46 AM »
Episode One: Chile

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
Re: Vans: Mi Casa es tu Casa
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 12:54:00 AM »
Editing was a little extra at times pero aparte de eso salio la zorra cabros se pasaron
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

hadouken

• Rep: 54
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 04:00:27 AM »
That was sick. Skating in Chile would be difficult for a million reasons, good to see them ripping.
&& lives to fuck the tits off new mums

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 07:19:25 AM »
Harsh editing but kudos to all the skaters.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 09:45:45 AM »
That was sick. Skating in Chile would be difficult for a million reasons, good to see them ripping.
Actually it's quite the opposite, sure some spots maybe a bit rough, but you also have insanely smooth spots, and you can find spots pretty much everywhere. Skateparks all over the place, and a lot of people who skate. I would say it is one of the best countries in Latin America to skate.

This was dopeeeeee! Made me miss Chile. Braulio Sagas killed it with the downhill line and the noseblunt pop in at the end.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 05:49:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Actually it's quite the opposite, sure some spots maybe a bit rough, but you also have insanely smooth spots, and you can find spots pretty much everywhere. Skateparks all over the place, and a lot of people who skate. I would say it is one of the best countries in Latin America to skate.

for real? in santiago i assume? that's really cool. growing up in the south it was nothing like that. although i was a kid so maybe my mom was keeping shit from me. i exclusively skated a dead end street until a friend's parents called me names and threatened to bring the cops in. i am always so intrigued by the chilean skate scene, mostly bc i was never a part of it or even around it... :/

hadouken

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 11:02:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This was dopeeeeee! Made me miss Chile. Braulio Sagas killed it with the downhill line and the noseblunt pop in at the end.

I've spent some time in Chile and it still seems like a tough place to get good at skating. I'm not saying it's Fallujah or anything, but it sure ain't California.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2020, 08:35:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I've spent some time in Chile and it still seems like a tough place to get good at skating. I'm not saying it's Fallujah or anything, but it sure ain't California.

Yeah I mean we all have to take in account that not everyone has the opportunity to grow up skating in the US or Europe. I grew up skating in Guatemala so when I moved down to South America I really felt a huge difference. Sure, there are a lot of rough spots but they are not necessarily hard to skate especially if you are used it. Sure, it may not be the most perfect place but it is hella good, especially in comparison to other countries in Latin America.

I saw a ton of skaters actually out in the streets and not just in parks. Skateparks in almost all of the neighborhoods  Companies like Vans and DC have a big presence and sponsor big contests. This is what I saw in Santiago, and have friends in Iquique, Valparaiso, and Antofagasta that say they are dope cities to skate in too. So I've actually seen a pretty good overall skating level in Chile. 

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2020, 12:22:42 PM »
My step-daughter's deadbeat father is from Chile, but so is Tom Araya, so I'm torn.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2020, 12:37:55 PM »
My step-daughter's deadbeat father is from Chile, but so is Tom Araya, so I'm torn.

but hey so is the fat guy from Lost

this thread's got me mad nostalgic :(((

hadouken

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2020, 10:36:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah I mean we all have to take in account that not everyone has the opportunity to grow up skating in the US or Europe. I grew up skating in Guatemala so when I moved down to South America I really felt a huge difference. Sure, there are a lot of rough spots but they are not necessarily hard to skate especially if you are used it. Sure, it may not be the most perfect place but it is hella good, especially in comparison to other countries in Latin America.

I saw a ton of skaters actually out in the streets and not just in parks. Skateparks in almost all of the neighborhoods  Companies like Vans and DC have a big presence and sponsor big contests. This is what I saw in Santiago, and have friends in Iquique, Valparaiso, and Antofagasta that say they are dope cities to skate in too. So I've actually seen a pretty good overall skating level in Chile.

Props for persisting with it despite the challenges!

I loved Chile, hopefully this pandemic calms down and I can skate there one day soon.