Author Topic: some girl contest skater making a huge fuss over losing to a trans woman  (Read 60085 times)

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
The difference is, our (the left) hatred is rooted in disgust at the oppression of others. Fueled by compassion and outrage. The rights hatred is rooted in the differences of others. Fueled by ignorance and zealousness.

Voice of the Minotaur

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
I kinda started rooting for the Robots once I saw those dirty ravers.

The only Zion I give a fuck about is that one with the dope rave in The Matrix.

Or if Zion Williamson goes to the Knicks somehow.

Clemskiba

• Rep: 50
  • almost canadian
Piers Morgan is made almost entirely out of pressed together slices of cooked ham, if you trace his ancestral lineage back far enough you reach a sort of boar like creature

piers boargan

We're all posting on a message board in 2022. We're all losers.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 579

Dumb data even posting about this. I'm honestly at a loss for words this Taylor chick sucks.

Fincher5153

• Rep: 9
Hilary shanks, mamaskate, this girl... mediocre white women are the worst thing to happen to skateboarding

SkollieJol

• Rep: 1
I didn't know there was a place that existed called Kalamazoo, so that made me laugh.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
it's absolutely fucked that gallagher had to turn off all her social media profiles apparently to protect herself, while this taylor whatshername now gets championed and funded by the worst talking heads and publications on the internet.

the whole thing gives me nausea. you can't make shit like this up.

i'm so sorry this happened to gallagher and i hope she has a good network around her to keep her safe and keep her morale up. it's gonna be tough now mentally to enter any competition, going public with footage or even just keeping any form of social media profile running.

another thing that becomes very clear is that right wingers have this strange super power that we need to figure out how to break, which is to thrive from hate. they incite hateful campaigns in the first place, then get a backlash, and then successfully victimize themselves and usually try everything to get paid along the way. great, now everytime this woman fails at a competition she will be compensated by her right wing simps. she's gonna be the right wings token anti woke skateboarding woman if her plan pans out. it's absolutely depressing.
[close]

Like the left don’t incite anything? Don’t thrive on their own hate? Victimize themselves? Bruh you sound fucking stupid.
[close]

go fuck yourself you bitchass motherfucker first of all

the left sometimes does the same shit, no doubt, but this chick uses the right wing media to make some sort of martyr of herself. if you support her then quit skating you bootlicking fuck.
[close]

Frank. You’re a fucking Bitch. Please read what you wrote and reread what you replied to me. Never said I support her. Just pointed out your claims about the “right”. I’ve never picked a side but I’m just pointing out your finger pointing of one side. See how quick you you were to start getting enraged? You are what is wrong with todays world and have proved it. You’re just as bad as this chick even though you think you’re doing some sort of fucking justice.

lmao, ok

Silent Bob.

• Rep: 67
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
This is a back in the day post so apologies

But when the fuck did skateboarders start taking themselves so seriously? Bringing money into all of it sucks. Yeah a few are better off but at what price? Piers fucking Morgan having a say? Fuck that.

Back in the day (told you) skateboarding was a refuge for a lot of damaged people (and plenty of non damaged people). It was us against the world, and if you rode a skateboard you were family - you either were a skateboarder or you weren’t,regardless. I loved the fact that it was properly inclusive - no isms.

Back in the day that young lady, who has probably had more than enough to deal with, would have been family. We’d have had her back and skateboarding would have been her safe space just as it was ours

Scroll forward and this shit is happening? Well the complainer doesn’t get it. She may ride a skateboard but she isn’t a skater. Disgusting

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -487
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
it's absolutely fucked that gallagher had to turn off all her social media profiles apparently to protect herself, while this taylor whatshername now gets championed and funded by the worst talking heads and publications on the internet.

i'm so sorry this happened to gallagher and i hope she has a good network around her to keep her safe and keep her morale up. it's gonna be tough now mentally to enter any competition, going public with footage or even just keeping any form of social media profile running.

another thing that becomes very clear is that right wingers have this strange super power that we need to figure out how to break, which is to thrive from hate. they incite hateful campaigns in the first place, then get a backlash, and then successfully victimize themselves and usually try everything to get paid along the way. great, now everytime this woman fails at a competition she will be compensated by her right wing simps. she's gonna be the right wings token anti woke skateboarding woman if her plan pans out. it's absolutely depressing.
[close]

Like the left don’t incite anything? Don’t thrive on their own hate? Victimize themselves? Bruh you sound fucking stupid.
[close]

the left sometimes does the same shit, no doubt, but this chick uses the right wing media to make some sort of martyr of herself. if you support her then quit skating you bootlicking fuck.
[close]

Frank. You’re a fucking Bitch. Please read what you wrote and reread what you replied to me. Never said I support her. Just pointed out your claims about the “right”. I’ve never picked a side but I’m just pointing out your finger pointing of one side. See how quick you you were to start getting enraged? You are what is wrong with todays world and have proved it. You’re just as bad as this chick even though you think you’re doing some sort of fucking justice.

No need to argue with this angry mob  ;) trying to discuss the topic gets you labeled a transphobe
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
Fuckin hell.. Piers Morgan.. the biggest sack of Tory&gammon shite ever. Imagine resorting to him.

Sad stuff.

Also Taylor you can’t compete with women cos your surname ends in man.

How about that?

Get fucked.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 05:49:41 AM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Sad to see there's still so many pepethefrog-loving incel  dumbass rightwing shitheads on this forum unafraid to spout their mental garbage. Fuck all of you who let that slide. I stand with those who oppose that even if they might go a little overboard, sometimes you just gotta hit a punching bag twice. Needed to be said. The fact that there's even a discussion about this topic on here instead of unified ridicule of this shit for brains Karen is embarrassing.

somefucker

She may ride a skateboard but she isn’t a skater. Disgusting

Lock this thread down now before more people get cyber bullied

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

No need to argue with this angry mob  ;) trying to discuss the topic gets you labeled a transphobe

i am a single person, not a mob and i dont need to discuss everything out with every other fuckwit like you or stoopididiot2.0. sometimes i just draw a line in the sand and thats that. im fine if you think i'm a dumb sjw leftist kook. if it's fuck you then the feeling is mutual.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
This is a back in the day post so apologies

But when the fuck did skateboarders start taking themselves so seriously? Bringing money into all of it sucks. Yeah a few are better off but at what price? Piers fucking Morgan having a say? Fuck that.

Back in the day (told you) skateboarding was a refuge for a lot of damaged people (and plenty of non damaged people). It was us against the world, and if you rode a skateboard you were family - you either were a skateboarder or you weren’t,regardless. I loved the fact that it was properly inclusive - no isms.

Back in the day that young lady, who has probably had more than enough to deal with, would have been family. We’d have had her back and skateboarding would have been her safe space just as it was ours

Scroll forward and this shit is happening? Well the complainer doesn’t get it. She may ride a skateboard but she isn’t a skater. Disgusting

For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

mamba

• Rep: 148
  • Sucka free
That piers morgan thing is disgusting. shame on them for using pictures of the woman who is being called out too.

taylor then goes to say this isn’t about the other skater. Bitch you are calling her out.

imagine losing a contest and then thinking it’s cause of biological differences when person is skinny as fuck and smaller than you.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
"there's an inarguable physical advantage"
SHUT THE FUCK UP

Thanks Rayssa for existing

Deputy Wendell

I kinda started rooting for the Robots once I saw those dirty ravers.

Expand Quote
The only Zion I give a fuck about is that one with the dope rave in The Matrix.

Or if Zion Williamson goes to the Knicks somehow.
[close]

+1

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727

imagine losing a contest and then thinking it’s cause of biological differences when person is skinny as fuck and smaller than you. about it at all.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
Seems appropriate for KOTY

Deputy Wendell

Seems appropriate for KOTY

fuck'n a

+1

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
Expand Quote

when the fuck did skateboarders start taking themselves so seriously? Bringing money into all of it sucks. Yeah a few are better off but at what price? Piers fucking Morgan having a say? Fuck that.

[close]
Real shit. This is a competitive sports issue, not a skateboarding issue. In a more ideal world skateboarding would be something else entirely. Getting dipshits like Morgan and Shapiro involved in skateboarding is about the same as calling cops on someone skating a street spot. Snitch shit. Even if you’re not down with supporting trans competitors you should be able to see why we don’t need political windbags getting involved in our sport.

… but you should also support trans competitors, imo, because they are sending the whole corporate competitive sports world into conniption fits. That’s kind of a good thing if you like skating more than competition. Fuck those corporate mfs

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
Umm I don’t think this is a political issue. Silverman has valid point I think. Nora brought up something in her nine club about how a women’s brain once they hit puberty becomes hardwired to minimize risk and protect the body for the primal necessity of reproduction. Where born males brains don’t do this. In an activity like skateboarding it is hugely overcoming fear and risking physical injury so there in itself is an advantage to being born male in skateboarding. Not to mention the difference in bone density and muscle mass between biological males and females. Competition should be fair and I don’t agree with a born male competing against born females. A trans division wouldn’t be a bad idea but I’m not sure how trans people would feel about that. Murky issue… I hope people would think objectively and not so much politically about things like this.

Everyone should be able to express the way they feel inside ❤️

Yes we know about the bone density from the last 10 dudes that made the exact same comment as you.
Also we're quoting the nine club for our neural science now? That's great too, you're doing awesome.

I feel like this thread hasn't been about "skate news, skate gossip and general skate talk" for the last many pages and it should either be closed or put in general discussion?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
Umm I don’t think this is a political issue. Silverman has valid point I think. Nora brought up something in her nine club about how a women’s brain once they hit puberty becomes hardwired to minimize risk and protect the body for the primal necessity of reproduction. Where born males brains don’t do this. In an activity like skateboarding it is hugely overcoming fear and risking physical injury so there in itself is an advantage to being born male in skateboarding. Not to mention the difference in bone density and muscle mass between biological males and females. Competition should be fair and I don’t agree with a born male competing against born females. A trans division wouldn’t be a bad idea but I’m not sure how trans people would feel about that. Murky issue… I hope people would think objectively and not so much politically about things like this.

there is no real fairness in competition sports. people of all body types and genetics compete against eachother. some professionals get extensive training and funding while others dont. it's a lie that competitive sports are absolutely fair.

also im male but im small and skinny. im shorter than most women and probably weaker than most woman that train in any way. most males are naturally taller and more muscular than me.

would i have grounds to complain about my contest placement if i straight suck at skating. after all it's not fair...

Monopolyman

You have a lot to learn, I feel like.  It’s definitely become a political issue and citing things you learned on Nine Club like it’s science and twisting Nora’s words around to make her comments seem to support an anti-trans argument is beyond tone deaf.  Just because you dont have a strong stance on an issue and feel it’s murky doesnt mean you get to invalidate all the other opinions in this thread to the contrary.  Even suggesting Silverman’s stance isnt completely self serving and an act of public shaming of their trans competitor (who she unwillingly thrust into the limelight with this whole charade) is ludicrous.  Why does everyone think this competition is a big issue?  Why does competition need to be 100 percent fair?  Should it take into account how many resources each rider has had access to, how long theyve competed, their weight too?  Gender isnt something completely decided at birth, and if Taylor wasnt down with this she shouldnt have competed.  She is the only one who cared about this issue in skating altogether up til this point, and its because it directly impacted her pocket book.  She is so in the wrong here, to suggest otherwise is actually blasphemous.  Competition should be about putting our society’s ideals on display.  Including acceptance of trans competitors as the genders they assign themselves.

cky enthusiast

let’s not bring blasphemy into it as religion is the one thing slap debate club has managed to not discuss in this thread

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 592
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
Did these gobshites defending her see the post that she placed second in a men's competition (amateur or some bullshit) ? This is nothing more that a desperate 15mins to fame. The average 16 year old girl around here is a thousand times better than this clown.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2213
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
let’s not bring blasphemy into it as religion is the one thing slap debate club has managed to not discuss in this thread
Ooooh… Did you miss the anti Zionist/anti Semetic debate that took up a good few pages?   ;)

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

dofrenzy

I want to be done here but now feel some responsibility to respond to this.

As it turns out, this thread is NOT about what you think it is about (which is what I thought it was about initially also).

I already took a similar position as you, and basically started the same way, with “ummmm, I think…..”.  There is actually a much more serious and complicated issue here than male-born athletes competing in women’s sporting events, and the differences between male and female.  Someone else tried steering me away from my talking points also but I was too ignorant to heed the warning at the time.

EDIT - Did you thoughtfully read all 20+ pages of this thread?  If you had, I don’t think you would be making the statement you are making. I do appreciate your closing remark though;  THAT is what this thread is about.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 12:08:18 PM by dofrenzy »