Author Topic: Kader on adidas confirmed  (Read 10944 times)

Sidewalk Funk.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Kader on adidas confirmed
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2021, 09:11:56 AM »

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2021, 09:21:48 AM »
lol, we all willingly participate in an activity where we wear a pair of shoes for 2 weeks then throw them in the garbage.  same with all the wasted wood we throw in the trash because "it just doesn't pop the same anymore, man".  skateboarding is one of the most wasteful "sports" you can do and would be a great case study in disposable consumerism.  pretty funny to see people debate the ethics of skate products while choosing to ignore this. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

applejuice

• Rep: 10
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2021, 09:38:31 AM »
There isn't ever going to be any truly ethical consumption under capitalism, it's a system that emphasizes making the biggest profit so any company whether it's corporate or core is always going to look to cut the costs of labor.
I don't think there are any shoe brands in skating that are even trying to be more ethical when it comes to ensuring the factories they use are paying and treating workers adequately, possibly Last Resort?
Anyways, most shoe companies are fucked and I don't really like backing them so I definitely try to last my shoes as long as I possibly can, that is probably the best way to be an "ethical consumer" when it comes to skate shoes.

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2021, 10:09:26 AM »
lol, we all willingly participate in an activity where we wear a pair of shoes for 2 weeks then throw them in the garbage.  same with all the wasted wood we throw in the trash because "it just doesn't pop the same anymore, man".  skateboarding is one of the most wasteful "sports" you can do and would be a great case study in disposable consumerism.  pretty funny to see people debate the ethics of skate products while choosing to ignore this.
I see your point, but that’s assuming that the shoes and board are being thrown away, which I highly doubt. Most skaters leave slightly used gear at parks or donation bins. One mans trash is always someone else’s treasure.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2021, 10:10:40 AM »
rock adio

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2021, 10:13:15 AM »
Better than vans for sure. Black skaters looks good in adidas, vans is more for hersh skaters and looks gross to me.
what

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1088
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2021, 10:13:51 AM »

It’s really wild to read this, especially the supposition that Nike is at fault for globalization, as if this wasn’t a course set in motion basically since Nixon went to China.

All of the opinions here seem to be predicated that on the idea that there is some moral or ethical way to consume shoes constructed from petrochemicals and (typically) animal hides on a bi-weekly or monthly basis, which is just incredibly blinkered.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

CaderSk8r

• Rep: 19
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2021, 10:36:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I see your point, but that’s assuming that the shoes and board are being thrown away, which I highly doubt. Most skaters leave slightly used gear at parks or donation bins. One mans trash is always someone else’s treasure.

One man's garbage is another man person's good ungarbage

six5killerwhale

• Rep: -1
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2021, 01:19:34 PM »
Better than vans for sure. Black skaters looks good in adidas, vans is more for hersh skaters and looks gross to me.

So because he's black, he fits Adidas?

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2021, 01:40:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s really wild to read this, especially the supposition that Nike is at fault for globalization, as if this wasn’t a course set in motion basically since Nixon went to China.

All of the opinions here seem to be predicated that on the idea that there is some moral or ethical way to consume shoes constructed from petrochemicals and (typically) animal hides on a bi-weekly or monthly basis, which is just incredibly blinkered.

I mean material is one thing but you're ignoring the labor aspect

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2021, 01:57:18 PM »
Imagine quitting Vans to ride for Nike and getting told no, then ending up on Adidas. Feel bad for everyone involved. Im curious what Vans did that made him hate them so much.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2021, 06:41:53 AM »
I know we’re past counting stairs but holy shit that looks like a lot of them.
I counted. 15.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2021, 06:47:51 AM »
Imagine quitting Vans to ride for Nike and getting told no, then ending up on Adidas. Feel bad for everyone involved. Im curious what Vans did that made him hate them so much.

Thought Nike told him yes, they just didn't get him a contract as quickly as he wanted.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2021, 06:50:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

More than Vans, white midle class guy brand.

IpathCats

« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2021, 06:54:27 AM »
If I got a nickel for every SLAP thread that ended up in a conversation about race, gender, consumerism, or morality, and I got a dime for every conversation that stuck to skateboarding and the industry. I would have about half as much money as I should have gotten.

Big_Dingus

• Rep: 5
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2021, 06:55:44 AM »
Kader rides for the Germans! Thats pretty cool. Maybe it'll last longer than a few months?

Kader on All-Day-I-Dream-About-Switching companies.

Big_Dingus

« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2021, 06:57:42 AM »
If I got a nickel for every SLAP thread that ended up in a conversation about race, gender, consumerism, or morality, and I got a dime for every conversation that stuck to skateboarding and the industry. I would have about half as much money as I should have gotten.

I don't know half of you half as well as I would like and I like less than half of you less than half as well as you deserve.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
  • Free Max B
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2021, 07:06:49 AM »
Odds are he starts skating in nikes in June when the budget resets. Adidas will find out like everyone else via an IGTV video of him skating in the supreme dunks (I personally think it’s gonna be a jordan1 tho) set for holiday21 titled FUCKTHISADIDASSHIT.

Adidas will likely take him to court over this, and Nike will claim to buy him out of his contract/take care of that. Before that can be finalized kader slips up in an interview when asked a question like “so you smoke a lot of weed on social media...Is it fair to say Nike pays for your drugs?” And says uhhhh I guess idk while playing PlayStation. And nikes legal team very quickly cuts ties. Aka pulls another Hewitt.

Back in halfcabs by November buddy. Unless they pull the shit they did with Dylan (asked to get back on after leaving Nike assuming they would say yes. They did not, which is how he ended up on gravis.) which I’m sure they regret now and won’t repeat.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

IpathCats

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2021, 07:07:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't know half of you half as well as I would like and I like less than half of you less than half as well as you deserve.

You get me.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Free Max B
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2021, 07:21:29 AM »
Also: I often read you dudes talking about this being nikes third attempt at getting into skating, it took em 3 tries to get it right etc. things of that nature. I’ve been paying attention to this shit a long time. I know they tried around 96 with Bam and that “what If all athletes got treated like skateboarders” ad campaign Spike made which ran on regular tv and was cool to see at the time can’t lie. and the legendary Nike Choad (which was really just the early version of Omar’s shoe).

But when was their alleged first attempt? Are we talking like people from Nike were showing up at CASL events in the mid 80s fhanding kids blazers and ones? Or even earlier as depicted in thrasher #1. Never really been given a solid answer but I’ve also never asked. I’m sure some older heads on here must have an idea what im talmbout.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Big_Dingus

« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2021, 07:25:54 AM »
I dunno what u talk about Pete&Pete but I bet Rodney Mullen was the one pulling the strings. He's the puppet master

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2021, 07:42:02 AM »
Also: I often read you dudes talking about this being nikes third attempt at getting into skating, it took em 3 tries to get it right etc. things of that nature. I’ve been paying attention to this shit a long time. I know they tried around 96 with Bam and that “what If all athletes got treated like skateboarders” ad campaign Spike made which ran on regular tv and was cool to see at the time can’t lie. and the legendary Nike Choad (which was really just the early version of Omar’s shoe).

But when was their alleged first attempt? Are we talking like people from Nike were showing up at CASL events in the mid 80s fhanding kids blazers and ones? Or even earlier as depicted in thrasher #1. Never really been given a solid answer but I’ve also never asked. I’m sure some older heads on here must have an idea what im talmbout.

Free max b

I think the one you mentioned in the mid 90's was the first attempt and the second attempt was disguised as Savier, which also didnt really work out.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2021, 08:08:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s the hair. Short and medium length  dreads look good with 80’s basketball shoes. That’s why he also looked cool in dunks and would probably look good in that mid top cons that Sage usually skates in. Just like how vans look better when a someone got long ass hair with a backwards hat. I don’t fucking know why, it’s just my observation.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Free Max B
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2021, 08:16:54 AM »
Oh shit we’re counting Savier? Alright fair enough

Free max b
FREE MAX B

IpathCats

« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2021, 08:50:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It’s the hair. Short and medium length  dreads look good with 80’s basketball shoes. That’s why he also looked cool in dunks and would probably look good in that mid top cons that Sage usually skates in. Just like how vans look better when a someone got long ass hair with a backwards hat. I don’t fucking know why, it’s just my observation.

I would generally agree with your observation, but I thought kader looked sick in half cabs.

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2021, 08:53:42 AM »
Odds are he starts skating in nikes in June when the budget resets. Adidas will find out like everyone else via an IGTV video of him skating in the supreme dunks (I personally think it’s gonna be a jordan1 tho) set for holiday21 titled FUCKTHISADIDASSHIT.

Adidas will likely take him to court over this, and Nike will claim to buy him out of his contract/take care of that. Before that can be finalized kader slips up in an interview when asked a question like “so you smoke a lot of weed on social media...Is it fair to say Nike pays for your drugs?” And says uhhhh I guess idk while playing PlayStation. And nikes legal team very quickly cuts ties. Aka pulls another Hewitt.

Back in halfcabs by November buddy. Unless they pull the shit they did with Dylan (asked to get back on after leaving Nike assuming they would say yes. They did not, which is how he ended up on gravis.) which I’m sure they regret now and won’t repeat.

Free max b

Correct but instead of back on vans he is back on emerica
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2021, 10:19:03 AM »
Expand Quote
I know we’re past counting stairs but holy shit that looks like a lot of them.
[close]
I counted. 15.
15 plus what looks like two wide steps at the bottom below the handrail, so a big 17
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

lucascbn

• Rep: 21
  • #maconha
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2021, 10:21:07 AM »
could see him on iPath

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 593
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2021, 10:31:55 AM »
I'm just glad to know his feet will be comfortable.

Goddamn, I'm an old man.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.