Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 58247 times)

dofrenzy

Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #660 on: August 14, 2021, 08:53:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Even in my olde age, I still say dumb shit and I still can be baited by trolls pretty easily, but the anti-vax mentality here gives me some hope for myself.  Like, OK, I know I can be stupid, but at least I’m not stoopid.  Gotta say thanks to TimmyB88 for this shot in the arm.
[close]

Another cow in the field.

Woof!  I mean Moof..I mean MOOO.

To bring this back to COVID vaccines, some people are getting the vaccine and becoming millionaires.  Well….hundreds-of-thousandsaires after taxes.

Billy Bitchcakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #661 on: August 14, 2021, 09:06:59 AM »
Free advice Timmy, automatically taking the opposing stance to the "mainstream" doesn't make you clever. For someone who calls everyone else sheep you don't seem to have many of your own opinions, you're just regurgitating cheap conspiracist soundbites like most of your peers do.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

TimmyB88

• Rep: -11
« Reply #662 on: August 14, 2021, 09:58:17 AM »
Free advice Timmy, automatically taking the opposing stance to the "mainstream" doesn't make you clever. For someone who calls everyone else sheep you don't seem to have many of your own opinions, you're just regurgitating cheap conspiracist soundbites like most of your peers do.

Definitely my own opinions, but more of fucking common sense to not inject my body with a rushed vaccine with no long term studies.

Put on your mask and shut your fucking mouth.

dofrenzy

« Reply #663 on: August 14, 2021, 10:53:20 AM »

<snip>….common sense to not inject my body with a rushed vaccine with no long term studies.

<snip>

I kinda wish you started with this, a genuine and understandable concern about the unknown.  I appreciate this sentiment, seriously I really do. 

Instead you came in with insults about vaccine-receivers being herds drawn to the slaughter. 

I am not going to pretend that my fears are “common sense” though.  I am afraid of what the vaccine might do to me.  Even MORE afraid of what the vaccine might do to my 12 and 15 year old offspring.

But this is COVID-19.  Not COVID-1.  Not “strange illness delivered by an asteroid”.  Coronavirus and it’s vaccines have been studied for a LONG time and in this case, due to the severity of symptoms, some red tape was removed after some short-term clinical studies instilled some confidence in the people we are supposed to trust in times like this.

And again, I understand and appreciate that the people in power that we are supposed to trust sometimes fuck us over.

I therefore understand, and am sympathetic with, your position.  I hope that you and your loved ones get through all this so we can all enjoy our short time here with each other, without filling the streets with blood.

SHALOM

EDIT - I actually waited for what *felt* like a long time before I got the vaccine.  I social-distance with ease and I am happy to wear a mask in public.  I wanted to wait and see if a shit-ton of vaccine receivers suddenly had issues but after a time things seemed to be as one might expect so I took the plunger……
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 11:05:03 AM by dofrenzy »

Fhk

« Reply #664 on: August 14, 2021, 11:42:04 AM »
Expand Quote

<snip>….common sense to not inject my body with a rushed vaccine with no long term studies.

<snip>
[close]

I kinda wish you started with this, a genuine and understandable concern about the unknown.  I appreciate this sentiment, seriously I really do. 

Instead you came in with insults about vaccine-receivers being herds drawn to the slaughter. 

I am not going to pretend that my fears are “common sense” though.  I am afraid of what the vaccine might do to me.  Even MORE afraid of what the vaccine might do to my 12 and 15 year old offspring.

But this is COVID-19.  Not COVID-1.  Not “strange illness delivered by an asteroid”.  Coronavirus and it’s vaccines have been studied for a LONG time and in this case, due to the severity of symptoms, some red tape was removed after some short-term clinical studies instilled some confidence in the people we are supposed to trust in times like this.

And again, I understand and appreciate that the people in power that we are supposed to trust sometimes fuck us over.

I therefore understand, and am sympathetic with, your position.  I hope that you and your loved ones get through all this so we can all enjoy our short time here with each other, without filling the streets with blood.

SHALOM

EDIT - I actually waited for what *felt* like a long time before I got the vaccine.  I social-distance with ease and I am happy to wear a mask in public.  I wanted to wait and see if a shit-ton of vaccine receivers suddenly had issues but after a time things seemed to be as one might expect so I took the plunger……
I hope that sentiments like this are our future..because right now it sure as shit doesn't seem that way.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1213
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #665 on: August 14, 2021, 12:26:25 PM »
Hey Timmy, I've taken the vaccine and one of the side effects was actually giving me a big ass dick. Why don't you come over and I'll let you study my results, you know what I'm saying?

Oh by the way, I'm telling you to come over and suck on my dick.  8)
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #666 on: August 15, 2021, 04:05:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Definitely my own opinions, but more of fucking common sense to not inject my body with a rushed vaccine with no long term studies.

You just proved my point. If you'd actually looked into it for more than 2 minutes from sources more credible than facebook posts you'd know that this isn't true
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #667 on: August 15, 2021, 04:43:08 AM »
Shut down the world for a disease that's only killed 4.3 million people

Oh yeah except that was WITH measures in place. How many do you think would have died if nobody had done anything?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #668 on: August 15, 2021, 01:50:53 PM »
got the second shot today. again i feel fine. maybe a little tired. people who are afraid of this vaccine are pussies. friend of mine who eats cheap meats and other disgusting artificial stuff all the time is against the vaccine, said a guy he trusts in told the vaccine would kill your cosmic connection or something. i was like wtf bro. dude, you smoke cigarettes, you eat mcdonalds two times a week, you eat cheetos and drink sodas all the time. and the dude never cared about spirituality.

that other kid that was a customer at work talked about how he refuses to get vaxxed cause it's poison and a big pharma con but drinks chemically filtered beers and cocktails with red color 45 in it or whatever and smokes half a pack lucky strike during a 3 hour stint at the bar. i wouldn't be surprised if the kid consumes lean, too. you can't make shit like this up.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1406
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #669 on: August 15, 2021, 02:11:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You just proved my point. If you'd actually looked into it for more than 2 minutes from sources more credible than facebook posts you'd know that this isn't true
[close]

I just looked and found info about researchers studying mRna vaccines for years, but found nothing on long term studies of the covid vaccines. Can you share the credible sources?

hey man, I'll tell you what- I'm 99% sure I got the rona before testing was a thing and I'm 85% sure I had it again, post vaccination, a couple weeks back. The first round- I've never been so sick and I've got permanent nerve damage around the ear/brain connection- 24/7 high pitch tinnitus. This last round, I wasn't sure if my lungs and throat were feeling fucked due to the poor air quality from fires in the area, but no one else around me is feeling it and it's not my allergy season. I'm a sometimes runner and I rarely get winded. I was skating in a parking lot yesterday, gasping for air like I was running at 5k ft elevation. my lungs feel burnt. I don't smoke. I flush my system regularly with an array of natural medicines. I'm glad to have the vaccine, man, because I can only imagine how much worse off I'd be otherwise.

if you think about it, right, mrna vaccines have been researched for a hot minute- what about the cover vaccine in particular, in your mind, is making it more dangerous or different than any other host of researched mrna vaccines?
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1486
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #670 on: August 15, 2021, 02:48:17 PM »
How about not posting fake news sites? Do you have an actual reputable news source? That's our bare minimum. Not bullshit YouTube videos. Not uncited facts and statistics or unpublished studies.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2544
« Reply #671 on: August 15, 2021, 02:50:33 PM »
Too late. He gost.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #672 on: August 15, 2021, 03:13:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^ this guys next vaccine will be up the ass i'm sure.
Comparing the 1800's vaccines to now is just stupid.
There is finally people making the news that are becoming paralyzed from this specific vaccine that has been rushed out to the people.

make sure to put your mask on before you skate and breath in your own fucking sweat too, dumbass,
[close]

i had COVID and lost a family member to it in October, got the first Moderna last week, felt like shit for a couple of days, now i'm fine and glad to be vaccinated...

...i'll be the first smiling face you see face on those blood-filled streets you paranoid, fragile little sweetheart you.

looking forward...
[close]

Not saying the virus isn't real, just trying to inform people how they are twisting it against the people.

Also, I'd be real careful what you fucking wish for. You'd be too weak to even step out onto streets, you would be the first to be shot LOL.
[close]

[close]

Your no daisy.
He says to an English professor...

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #673 on: August 15, 2021, 04:01:28 PM »
Too late. He gost.
That's cool. It's so obvious how many of the "do the research" people have never read or done any actual scientific research. Must be fun LARPing the role of an intellectual for them.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #674 on: August 15, 2021, 04:10:07 PM »
Being skeptical is fine. Peddling conspiracy theories under the guise of science isn't. Neither is linking to 'evidence' that just happens to be on a white supremacists website. It's disturbing that these people are skaters.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #675 on: August 15, 2021, 04:38:33 PM »
GET FUCKING VACCINATED! Real simple. Otherwise you're slowing down our progress to herd immunity. FUCK
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #676 on: August 15, 2021, 08:27:24 PM »
Shut the fuck up and get the shot, you colossal pussy.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1426
« Reply #677 on: August 15, 2021, 08:33:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Shut the fuck up and get the shot, you colossal pussy.
[close]

Don't be stealing my memes to defend your quixotic fight against immunization

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #678 on: August 15, 2021, 08:37:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Too late. He gost.
[close]
That's cool. It's so obvious how many of the "do the research" people have never read or done any actual scientific research. Must be fun LARPing the role of an intellectual for them.
[close]

You may be surprised to learn that the most vaccine hesitant people are also the most educated and most likely to have done actual scientific research. No LARPing involved.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/americans-with-phds-are-most-reluctant-to-get-vaccinated-against-covid/ar-AANjRHh?li=BBnbfcL

"Researchers concluded that the most educated people in our society - the people certified to become doctors and treat the virus - are not only the most hesitant about getting vaccinated but are also the least likely to change their minds about it."
Oh look, a non peer reviewed yet to be published study. Could it be that it was news worthy for it's content despite the fact that it hasn't undergone proper rigorous review? Great gotcha you got there.

ProjectBluebeam

• Rep: 59
« Reply #679 on: August 15, 2021, 08:42:58 PM »
despite the fact that it hasn't undergone proper rigorous review?

just like the vaccine haha

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #680 on: August 15, 2021, 08:45:32 PM »
Expand Quote
despite the fact that it hasn't undergone proper rigorous review?
[close]

just like the vaccine haha
What is your definition of rigorous review for a vaccine?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #681 on: August 15, 2021, 10:02:03 PM »
Why did they survey 5 million people? That is a huge waste of time and effort. Accurate results could be found with a much smaller sample size.

Also, the only way this makes sense to me is if it counts people who have religious "doctorates" (or if they didn't exclude obvious bullshit surveys... how does one clean 5 million surveys and prepare that data to be analyzed?)

And it's weird it says, "Researchers concluded that the most educated people in our society - the people certified to become doctors and treat the virus." PhDs are not MDs and are not certified to treat anything. Everyone involved in this article should know this.

What does Gallup or PEW have to say about this?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Movies

• Rep: 7
« Reply #682 on: August 15, 2021, 10:59:44 PM »
I'm starting to feel really confused by all the contradictory info coming out of the various government / health / media institutions.

Does the vaccine actually stop transmission?

If it does, then why are the number of infections rising when the majority of people are vaccinated?
If it doesn't, then why all the scapegoating of un-vaccinated people?
Does it just not work on the Delta version?

If the vaccines only stop the onset of severe symptoms and death, then why not let individual adults make that risk analysis for themselves? Can someone explain how the logic works on this?

Something is definitely not adding up here... and yes I am vaccinated.

https://vancouversun.com/news/world/vaccinated-people-spreading-delta-variant-just-as-quickly-as-the-unvaccinated-leaked-cdc-document/wcm/cbfd13dc-5d06-40d9-9400-e96a4e5d72b6

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1608
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #683 on: August 15, 2021, 11:02:09 PM »
"95.3 of respondents self reported that they are were in fact not robots. When asked to indicate which tiles included a street sign, 68% accurately identified each instance of a street sign."

A self reporting of degree hahaha man it would be fun to review the methods on this one.

"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #684 on: August 16, 2021, 02:42:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Had my second shot couple days ago. After the first one my shoulder was really sore and I slept for the entire day and felt a bit feverish the next day. This time there was no side effects whatsoever. Don't even know what I got since there was some mixup, but the first one was Pfizer.
[close]
Have you had COVID before? Or may have had it? I read that if your reaction to the first shot is pretty severe you may have already had exposure to COVID.

Not that I know of. Felt a bit sick (just tired and had a headache) for a week when this first started to pop off, but it was so early that there weren't any tests yet. Was semi sick for a a day or two in January but the test came back negative. I'm around people a lot in my job, so it's possible I've caught it but been symptomless then

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #685 on: August 17, 2021, 09:57:02 AM »
I'm starting to feel really confused by all the contradictory info coming out of the various government / health / media institutions.

Does the vaccine actually stop transmission?

If it does, then why are the number of infections rising when the majority of people are vaccinated?
If it doesn't, then why all the scapegoating of un-vaccinated people?
Does it just not work on the Delta version?

If the vaccines only stop the onset of severe symptoms and death, then why not let individual adults make that risk analysis for themselves? Can someone explain how the logic works on this?

Something is definitely not adding up here... and yes I am vaccinated.

https://vancouversun.com/news/world/vaccinated-people-spreading-delta-variant-just-as-quickly-as-the-unvaccinated-leaked-cdc-document/wcm/cbfd13dc-5d06-40d9-9400-e96a4e5d72b6

Does vaccine stop transmission: to a significant degree yes, but not completely. Vaxed spreaders exist, but they spew fewer germs

Why are numbers rising despite majority vaccination: partly because of the above (some spread still possible), but largely because in most of these hot spots there is a really slim majority vaccinated. If 52% of people get the shots, that’s technically a majority, but there are still a lot of unvaccinated people too. Another reason is that screening tests have become really accessible, and are now required by many businesses, schools, vacation resorts, etc. You can go buy a home test at the drug store now. So even when people have barely any symptoms they can still get identified by the testing systems. So the case counts go up even if a lot of people aren’t very sick

Does it just not work on Delta: Not confirmed yet afaik. But seems like it protects similarly.

If the vax prevents severe symptoms, why not let individuals choose: because the goal is herd immunity, which will slow down the mutation of new variants. It also means less germs flying around little kids who can’t get vaccinated yet. But also… many states *do* let the individual choose. For example, I’m about to move to Texas, where it’s basically illegal for employers or schools to require vaccinations.

Hope this is helpful.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1406
« Reply #686 on: August 17, 2021, 10:32:48 AM »
Well, we're done and laid up at casa de iusedtoskatemore for a while, I figure. Started feeling kind of lousy toward Saturday evening, scheduled covid tests for Monday AM. Got an email last night that at a poorly organized work training (70 people split between 2 classrooms for 2 days with mandatory "working lunches") someone tested + for covid. I'm not feeling deathly ill or anything, but my lungs are beat and my body is feeling progressively weak. It's almost laborious to type but I'm not ready to go back to sleep just yet. Might get some oomph after I eat some oatmeal and take ibuprofen.

regarding what @mj23 writes about Why are numbers rising despite majority vaccination: partly because of the above (some spread still possible), but largely because in most of these hot spots there is a really slim majority vaccinated. If 52% of people get the shots, that’s technically a majority, but there are still a lot of unvaccinated people too I live in the 2nd least vaccinated county in California. I don't think we've hit 50% yet. There was a guy on the local community radio last night who, about going to concerts said "take your masks off and be free. they want you to be afraid." There was a big old hippy party in the park last weekend, lots of international travelers hanging out and being dirty. And it's not just the hippies, I've heard numerous educators argue against masks and vaccines for the start of school year.

This shit sucks. I'm sure we'll be fine- we're vaccinated, live and eat clean, are all around conscious of our health, and haven't done any big group thing other than this mandatory training the whole darn time. Maybe we don't have it, but my gal can't taste much and I hear that's a symptom. I'll keep y'all in the loop.

stay safe and be kind

Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #687 on: August 17, 2021, 11:28:50 AM »
Well, we're done and laid up at casa de iusedtoskatemore for a while, I figure. Started feeling kind of lousy toward Saturday evening, scheduled covid tests for Monday AM. Got an email last night that at a poorly organized work training (70 people split between 2 classrooms for 2 days with mandatory "working lunches") someone tested + for covid. I'm not feeling deathly ill or anything, but my lungs are beat and my body is feeling progressively weak. It's almost laborious to type but I'm not ready to go back to sleep just yet. Might get some oomph after I eat some oatmeal and take ibuprofen.

regarding what @mj23 writes about Why are numbers rising despite majority vaccination: partly because of the above (some spread still possible), but largely because in most of these hot spots there is a really slim majority vaccinated. If 52% of people get the shots, that’s technically a majority, but there are still a lot of unvaccinated people too I live in the 2nd least vaccinated county in California. I don't think we've hit 50% yet. There was a guy on the local community radio last night who, about going to concerts said "take your masks off and be free. they want you to be afraid." There was a big old hippy party in the park last weekend, lots of international travelers hanging out and being dirty. And it's not just the hippies, I've heard numerous educators argue against masks and vaccines for the start of school year.

This shit sucks. I'm sure we'll be fine- we're vaccinated, live and eat clean, are all around conscious of our health, and haven't done any big group thing other than this mandatory training the whole darn time. Maybe we don't have it, but my gal can't taste much and I hear that's a symptom. I'll keep y'all in the loop.

stay safe and be kind

you gotta know how many of us in here are wishing you and yours all the best friend

Fhk

« Reply #688 on: August 17, 2021, 11:35:07 AM »

stay safe and be kind
Sry to hear this bud..I hope you guys are back to 100% soon. If it is COVID..it has no chance against the 5oh8!!! Hope that got ya to smile brutha  :)

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #689 on: August 17, 2021, 02:43:32 PM »
Hope it's not the rona and hope you're feeling better soon, @IusedToSkateMore