Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 58248 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #990 on: December 28, 2021, 07:32:15 PM »
Expand Quote
how many of you dudes in here are in essential work/jobs where you interface with strangers regularly
[close]
I am. I wish I got hazard pay.

same. what’s ur day to day like? i feel like a lot of the dudes having gear madness about masks in this thread also don’t work essential gigs. i been rocking a few diff cloth masks during the week but that’s kinda it.. i feel like i’m prolly exposed multiple times a week and there’s not too much i can do (except shutting shit down etc.). maybe i’m a fatalist or w/e but i wanted to see what the lay of the land was.

no diss if you’re like super hyped on the ultra snug n95 w/ wizzy dizzler or whatever i just can’t be fucked to care.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 842
« Reply #991 on: December 29, 2021, 03:54:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
how many of you dudes in here are in essential work/jobs where you interface with strangers regularly
[close]
[close]

same. what’s ur day to day like? i feel like a lot of the dudes having gear madness about masks in this thread also don’t work essential gigs. i been rocking a few diff cloth masks during the week but that’s kinda it.. i feel like i’m prolly exposed multiple times a week and there’s not too much i can do (except shutting shit down etc.). maybe i’m a fatalist or w/e but i wanted to see what the lay of the land was.

no diss if you’re like super hyped on the ultra snug n95 w/ wizzy dizzler or whatever i just can’t be fucked to care.

People in front line and essential jobs that have to interact with the public are EXACTLY the people who should have "gear madness" about their marks because they're in a position to become superspreader and infect a lot of people. So choosing a shitty mask isn't just being fatalistic, it's being a danger to others. You might get lucky and never get it, or you might get it and be the reason that someone loses their mom, dad, brother, sister, daughter, son, or even just a really good friend.

This isn't just about you, or me. It's about everyone.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #992 on: December 29, 2021, 05:00:42 AM »
do you work an essential job

BALARGUE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #993 on: December 29, 2021, 05:57:41 AM »
do you work an essential job

did you read his previous informative posts ?
he cleans stuff.

If you are cleaning stuff (especially during a pandemic), you are definitely working an essential job

What's your underlying question ?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #994 on: December 29, 2021, 06:39:56 AM »
i was wondering what his alternative is when i’m already punching a clock 40 hours a week trying to keep my fuckin life together through all this stupid fucking shit and one half of people thinks covid isn’t real (essentially) and the other half is deciding that in order to “inform” the other half they need to be as insulting and shaming in their language as possible.

do you think i have the space to fucking care if someone’s grandma dies because he comes to my fucking job instead of eating in a restaurant without a mask or any of the other laughable excuses for security theater the government has thrown at us while simultaneously loosening restrictions and telling the states essentially to figure it out themselves

i’m really glad you’ve found something you’re passionate about but unless you’re doing some type of subscription box of your recs im gonna keep doing what they told us to do through the strains with a higher mortality rate than this one and if you have an issue take it up with the federal governments total incompetency from start to fucking finish to care for or protect its citizens

also i didn’t read his posts because i don’t fucking care. i’m not obsessing over this shit. this isn’t going to be the last pandemic or mass death event in our lifetimes. i’m vaxxed. ive taken the public health
measures offered to me. they just haven’t offered
much.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 04:20:01 PM by life is a hell ride »

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #995 on: December 29, 2021, 07:07:43 AM »
I hear you and won't blame you
You re here somewhat asking how to do better

Most common masks (cloth and chirurgical) are mostly meant to protect others from you (keep your spits for you).
If we all wear them, we protect each other

KN95 (kinda similar to FFP2 in Europe) are meant to protect you from others (them being sealed is even more important) and depending on the vent / valve it doesn't protect others from you
These are recommended to people with conditions that need some extra protection. They are more expensive

i'm not sure for KN95 (i see no reason it could be different) but the best is to never touch your chirurgical mask (only touch ear strings), never put it in your pocket, never put it under your chin and the best is to change it every 4-6 hours.
People wear masks but most people don't use them correctly which is a real concern. it's still better than nothing

cloth masks are the least efficient and should be avoided if you don't wash them daily

Wash your hands often, sneeze in your elbow, try to use your mask correctly and you will already do more than a majority of us. It's not that hard and you'll save some lifes.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 07:26:26 AM by BALARGUE »

Acky Jacky

« Reply #996 on: December 29, 2021, 07:32:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

People in front line and essential jobs that have to interact with the public are EXACTLY the people who should have "gear madness" about their marks because they're in a position to become superspreader and infect a lot of people. So choosing a shitty mask isn't just being fatalistic, it's being a danger to others. You might get lucky and never get it, or you might get it and be the reason that someone loses their mom, dad, brother, sister, daughter, son, or even just a really good friend.

Helping by wearing a mask one day, blamed for being a super spreading essential worker the next day. It’s always the people laying the blame that seem the most tone deaf to me. 

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #997 on: December 29, 2021, 06:21:48 PM »
my mask smells like cat food i should wash it

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #998 on: December 29, 2021, 07:22:22 PM »
i was wondering what his alternative is when i’m already punching a clock 40 hours a week trying to keep my fuckin life together through all this stupid fucking shit and one half of people thinks covid isn’t real (essentially) and the other half is deciding that in order to “inform” the other half they need to be as insulting and shaming in their language as possible.

do you think i have the space to fucking care if someone’s grandma dies because he comes to my fucking job instead of eating in a restaurant without a mask or any of the other laughable excuses for security theater the government has thrown at us while simultaneously loosening restrictions and telling the states essentially to figure it out themselves

i’m really glad you’ve found something you’re passionate about but unless you’re doing some type of subscription box of your recs im gonna keep doing what they told us to do through the strains with a higher mortality rate than this one and if you have an issue take it up with the federal governments total incompetency from start to fucking finish to care for or protect its citizens

also i didn’t read his posts because i don’t fucking care. i’m not obsessing over this shit. this isn’t going to be the last pandemic or mass death event in our lifetimes. i’m vaxxed. ive taken the public health
much.
Oh, you fucking care alright.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #999 on: December 29, 2021, 07:37:24 PM »
my mask smells like cat food i should wash it

Mail it to the Malibu Illusion or Jordan Richter. DM for their PO box numbers.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1000 on: December 29, 2021, 07:42:32 PM »
i try to wash my masks. not sure if that actually helps but i can't afford to buy ten masks each week. i try to cop them at work for a five finger discount.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1406
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1001 on: December 29, 2021, 08:24:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Helping by wearing a mask one day, blamed for being a super spreading essential worker the next day. It’s always the people laying the blame that seem the most tone deaf to me.

you're saying BFRD is posting tone deaf nonsense? huh? dude works in a hospital and sounds like he's sick of seeing people die what could be preventable deaths, if you know, more people gave a shit.

wearing masks sucks, but it's not hard to do.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Acky Jacky

« Reply #1002 on: December 29, 2021, 08:38:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

you're saying BFRD is posting tone deaf nonsense? huh? dude works in a hospital and sounds like he's sick of seeing people die what could be preventable deaths, if you know, more people gave a shit.

He was shaming dude for not wearing the most up to par masks (in his opinion), and practically claiming that his choice of mask was tantamount to reckless endangerment. And yeah considering his username includes the phrase “rape dick” I’m not gonna sit here and not take the guys opinion with a grain of salt.

Idk, it’s late in the game to still be having the mask argument, especially following the vaccine and booster arguments. It feels like there’s always going to be the person telling you that you haven’t don’t everyone correctly to a T, and if only you did you would be morally absolved. I think we should all try to do our best and hopefully be receptive to other peoples points of view. I, however, am least receptive to shaming or grandstanding.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 08:49:25 PM by Count Jackula »

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1406
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1003 on: December 29, 2021, 09:36:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

He was shaming dude for not wearing the most up to par masks (in his opinion), and practically claiming that his choice of mask was tantamount to reckless endangerment. And yeah considering his username includes the phrase “rape dick” I’m not gonna sit here and not take the guys opinion with a grain of salt.

Idk, it’s late in the game to still be having the mask argument, especially following the vaccine and booster arguments. It feels like there’s always going to be the person telling you that you haven’t don’t everyone correctly to a T, and if only you did you would be morally absolved. I think we should all try to do our best and hopefully be receptive to other peoples points of view. I, however, am least receptive to shaming or grandstanding.

Again, dude works in a hospital and is seeing people get sick and die.

I'm really not sure if you're trying to make the argument that its OK if people don't want to mask up. If wearing a mask or getting a shot might keep me or someone else from getting sick and having long term symptoms (which I experience personally) you'd better believe I'm going to do it. It's about collective well-being.

Im not equating hell ride's post to this, but do know how sick I am of seeing stores flash mobbed by anti maskers who want their view respected? School board meetings over run for the same purpose? I see it, in real life, far too regularly.

It isn't hard to wear a decent mask.

Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Acky Jacky

« Reply #1004 on: December 29, 2021, 09:56:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Again, dude works in a hospital and is seeing people get sick and die.

I'm really not sure if you're trying to make the argument that its OK if people don't want to mask up. If wearing a mask or getting a shot might keep me or someone else from getting sick and having long term symptoms (which I experience personally) you'd better believe I'm going to do it. It's about collective well-being.

Im not equating hell ride's post to this, but do know how sick I am of seeing stores flash mobbed by anti maskers who want their view respected? School board meetings over run for the same purpose? I see it, in real life, far too regularly.

It isn't hard to wear a decent mask.

I’m making the argument that even as someone who is vaccinated against covid, and will wear a mask in indoor public settings, there are still people who insist that I’m not doing enough because I’m not “boosted” or not wearing a “decent” mask.

Eg for the mask thing

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Also, to be exact, he didn’t say he’s been seeing more people get sick and die with omicron (not saying he has or hasn’t, but I didn’t see it specified).  He say that it was obviously more transmissible. The fact that it’s more transmissible, but hasn’t show an increase in deaths to me might negate that wearing an “improper” mask equates to putting people at a greater risk of becoming fatally ill. This is definitely up for debate. We’re all probably pretty stuck in our ways about it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 10:16:31 PM by Count Jackula »

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1005 on: December 30, 2021, 05:01:53 AM »
Expand Quote
blunted anti society screed
[close]

about transmission rates etc? hell nah

about having to work through covid while my friends die of drugs, suicide etc and dealing with the judgement of others over wether or not i’m doing it “correctly”?  prolly a little

YawnJawns

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1006 on: December 30, 2021, 11:46:16 AM »
Expand Quote

much.
[close]

Lol the amount of time he took to write all that, re read it to make sure the grammar is somewhat correct so he doesn't look like a smooth brain clearly speaks volumes.

Damn, punching in at 40 hours a week sounds rough  :'(
Prime example of ugly on the inside, ugly on the outside.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1007 on: December 30, 2021, 11:50:31 AM »
talk to me not about me baby boy

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #1008 on: December 30, 2021, 01:57:11 PM »
Honestly, I'm having a real hard time caring any more. I wear two neck gaiters together while I'm at work and a cloth mask when I'm just out and about except when I'm skating. At the skatepark literally no one is wearing a mask. In my neck of the woods I'd say it's about half and half of people who bother to do anything at all and I feel myself starting to say fuck it. If me and Omicron got in a fight I might lose due to my sleep apnea but I still don't care that much. It's just that I know we need everyone to get with the program to beat this shit, but I don't ever see that happening.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Fhk

« Reply #1009 on: December 30, 2021, 02:08:31 PM »
Meanwhile the NBA is bringing back unvaccinated Kyrie Irving to fill in part time for vaccinated players that have Covid. This just keeps getting more interesting.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1010 on: December 31, 2021, 04:21:20 AM »
Meanwhile the NBA is bringing back unvaccinated Kyrie Irving to fill in part time for vaccinated players that have Covid. This just keeps getting more interestingbraindead.

dofrenzy

« Reply #1011 on: December 31, 2021, 07:15:30 AM »
Just went to find the name of the contributor who posted about N95/KN95 masks but quickly remembered one of the easiest names to remember here, buttfart rapedick!  I’ve been bandana donning through 99% of this pandemic but I really appreciated the genuine concern and experience.  Props and respect.

Just sharing my experience here:  I got a part-time job with one of the major package delivery/distribution companies in early November.  At no time has the company mentioned masks, not admins or managers or workers.  (Edit: zero talk of vaccines also) One coworker wears a mask always, a couple others wear masks on their chins.  Otherwise, I frequently find myself loading trailers with 2 or 3 other people working shoulder to shoulder in a confined space, breathing heavy and working hard at loading trucks.

Overall we seem to be, as a society and maybe as a planet, experiencing pandemic fatigue as some people understandably demonstrate here.  I did, at least for a moment, take the N95 mask alert to heart, but continue to use my skull or skull and crossbones imprinted bandanas.  I dunno, maybe if the alert came from username “goodhealth selfcare“ I would have taken it more to heart.  LOL, jk for real, buttfart rapedick is among my favorite usernames here I am just fuckin’ with him and trying to add some levity.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1609
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #1012 on: December 31, 2021, 09:43:57 PM »
For whatever reason, Orange County is a bastion for far-right conservatism, which I did not expect to encounter even though I am a native Southern Californian. I have had my issues with the two-party system and continue to, which can be attributed to how information is disseminated in the media and how political posturing occurs, and all sorts of other stuff.

Nevertheless, what makes me the angriest is the lack of selflessness and common decency demonstrated by some people in the general public.

Some people have family members with immune-compromised systems. They cannot afford to have all food shipped/delivered to their family. So, they have to go out to stores. People choose to go out mask-less and create all sorts of unnecessary worry for their fellow humans just to make a “statement.”

It is so effortless to wear a mask, yet people refuse to do so. It makes me want to ask these people, “Is there ANYTHING LESS THAT YOU COULD POSSIBLY DO? COULD YOU POSSIBLY DO LESS THAN PUT A MASK ON?”

The answer is yes.

I am fully confident that if, for whatever reason, we learned that if citizens would only think positive thoughts, it would eradicate COVID, a substantial percentage of people would STILL bitch and refuse to do so.

Because: “IT’S MY RIGHT!”

I wish I had made T-shirts at the beginning of the pandemic. Probably would have made a fortune. Here are some of my ideas:

NOT WEARING A MASK DOESN’T MAKE YOU A PATRIOT; IT MAKES YOU AN ASSHOLE.

PEOPLE WHO DON’T WEAR MASKS ARE SELFISH ASSHOLES.

PEOPLE WHO DON’T WEAR MASKS IN PUBLIC ARE PEDOPHILES.

PEOPLE WHO DON’T WEAR MASKS ARE SELFISH ASSHOLES & PEDOPHILES THAT SAY THE N-WORD CONSTANTLY.

"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #1013 on: December 31, 2021, 09:54:31 PM »
Would cop.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1014 on: January 01, 2022, 02:27:14 AM »

much.

Your alternative is to get your head out of your ass and stop ONLY thinking about how this affects you. Do you think every other person in the country with an "essential" job isn't facing the exact same challenges you are? Did you ever stop to consider what it would be like if some careless asshole killed YOUR grandmother, or wife, or daughter in a completely preventable way? You sound like the whiniest, most entitled type of bitch right now.

Its not fucking hard. Wear a mask. An effective one. If my docs can perform literal brain surgery in one I'm sure you can wash dishes just fine in yours.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1015 on: January 01, 2022, 02:49:24 AM »
For whatever reason, Orange County is a bastion for far-right conservatism, which I did not expect to encounter even though I am a native Southern Californian. I have had my issues with the two-party system and continue to, which can be attributed to how information is disseminated in the media and how political posturing occurs, and all sorts of other stuff.

Nevertheless, what makes me the angriest is the lack of selflessness and common decency demonstrated by some people in the general public.

Some people have family members with immune-compromised systems. They cannot afford to have all food shipped/delivered to their family. So, they have to go out to stores. People choose to go out mask-less and create all sorts of unnecessary worry for their fellow humans just to make a “statement.”

It is so effortless to wear a mask, yet people refuse to do so. It makes me want to ask these people, “Is there ANYTHING LESS THAT YOU COULD POSSIBLY DO? COULD YOU POSSIBLY DO LESS THAN PUT A MASK ON?”

The answer is yes.

I am fully confident that if, for whatever reason, we learned that if citizens would only think positive thoughts, it would eradicate COVID, a substantial percentage of people would STILL bitch and refuse to do so.

Because: “IT’S MY RIGHT!”

I wish I had made T-shirts at the beginning of the pandemic. Probably would have made a fortune. Here are some of my ideas:

NOT WEARING A MASK DOESN’T MAKE YOU A PATRIOT; IT MAKES YOU AN ASSHOLE.

PEOPLE WHO DON’T WEAR MASKS ARE SELFISH ASSHOLES.

PEOPLE WHO DON’T WEAR MASKS IN PUBLIC ARE PEDOPHILES.

PEOPLE WHO DON’T WEAR MASKS ARE SELFISH ASSHOLES & PEDOPHILES THAT SAY THE N-WORD CONSTANTLY.

I mean the last two are basically just doing what they do except pointing the hose the other way and with less jesus, so I don't really think that's better in any way.

It's such a trivial thing and the whole "muh freedom" thing is so dumb. No one is saying you have to wear a mask, they're saying that you have to wear one to participate in society because otherwise you're a danger to others. It's like the kid at daycare who refuses to wear pants because he doesn't like them and starts screaming and throwing toys when you point out he's rubbing his shitty little ass all over the toolbox and giving all the other kids pink eye.

I think at least some (if not a lot) is that people are insecure about their intelligence and want so badly to feel like they know better than those stuffy academic types or that dickhead kid they grew up with who ended up being a doctor. Kind of a dunning-Kruger thing... They're either too stupid or too emotional and massively overestimate how much they actually understand about issues like this.

dofrenzy

« Reply #1016 on: January 01, 2022, 06:35:08 AM »
On a non-mask related subject, My niece, in her 30’s now, has worked very hard over the past few years to earn her nursing degree.  I was super proud when I learned that she graduated nursing school.

Just learned yesterday from my sister that my niece is now unemployable as a nurse because she refuses to get vaccinated.  I honestly have a hard time wrapping my head around it.

I did finally order some KN95 masks though, especially due to the recent conversation here.  Easy to get in black and that’s my jam.  I did some joking earlier but really do appreciate BR’s highlighting of the situation.  Thanks man.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1017 on: January 01, 2022, 07:24:40 AM »
Expand Quote

much.
[close]

Your alternative is to get your head out of your ass and stop ONLY thinking about how this affects you. Do you think every other person in the country with an "essential" job isn't facing the exact same challenges you are? Did you ever stop to consider what it would be like if some careless asshole killed YOUR grandmother, or wife, or daughter in a completely preventable way? You sound like the whiniest, most entitled type of bitch right now.

Its not fucking hard. Wear a mask. An effective one. If my docs can perform literal brain surgery in one I'm sure you can wash dishes just fine in yours.

read the rest of the paragraph you bolded and try again

this time try not shaming an individual for the collective failings of the system

also i don’t wash dishes but kitchen staff i believe had the highest infection rates through the initial pandemic- maybe get off your high horse about that too

to be clear because i don’t think you read things before you go into your “what if it was YOUR grandma” speech, im a proponent of masks. i’m not a proponent of constantly needing to contort myself and spend money and time buying “newer and more effective” masks this late in the game, especially after 2 years of constant exposure

but i think you’re just addicted to shaming others tbh

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #1018 on: January 01, 2022, 11:57:51 PM »
An obese conspiracy theorist at work believes that her vaccine caused weight gain.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #1019 on: January 02, 2022, 01:39:55 AM »
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.