Author Topic: Fuuuuck you Thrasher  (Read 21943 times)

Monkey_Mcpott

Re: Fuuuuck you Thrasher
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2019, 06:05:21 PM »
Love it!  :-*

But how you gonna forget AA?  >:(

bad joke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2019, 06:05:36 PM »
I made love to Gwen and the sparks flew

...when I had to cut her handcuffs off cuz I lost the key

Jacob Gary

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2019, 06:06:22 PM »
Expand Quote
I bet RHINO wrote this.
[close]

Haha, Rhino might actually be surpassing Phelps as Thraher’s biggest man baby kook

why

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2019, 06:06:50 PM »
Expand Quote
their print mag is 90% ads, their website is full of shitty videos and other trash, and most of their revenue comes from selling thrasher merch to trendy people who don’t skate. and this slap squib is the cherry on top. they’re insanely butthurt because a bunch of kooks not even involved in the industry put out better and more relevant content than them. “the bible” is dead.
[close]

Holy triggered ::)

Slap produces content? Where's that page?

just ask john hill for the cliff notes hahah
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2019, 06:14:25 PM »
The ones with the 'jobs' in skateboarding
are the ones who are killing skateboarding

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2019, 06:17:46 PM »

FLstrange

• Rep: 324
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2019, 06:32:18 PM »
he sure taught his local home depot a lesson it wont soon forget by destroying a product he purchased that failed after he neglected to perform proper regular maintenance on it. good thing he had a friend take video that he uploaded so the public can witness this impressive moment in history, that thoroughly exposes the store's scam return policies. #boycotthomedepot

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1339
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2019, 06:37:54 PM »
Eh just fuck their curbs up.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

PABLOS SWANPOWERS LOBSTER

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2019, 06:41:00 PM »
Oh no I was just about to go to urban outfitters and buy one of their shirts but now I am offended and won't be going to the mall and supporting what has to be the most core publication of them all.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2019, 06:43:06 PM »
their print mag is 90% ads, their website is full of shitty videos and other trash, and most of their revenue comes from selling thrasher merch to trendy people who don’t skate. and this slap squib is the cherry on top. they’re insanely butthurt because a bunch of kooks not even involved in the industry put out better and more relevant content than them. “the bible” is dead.

This, 100%. Thrasher of relevancy.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2019, 06:43:18 PM »
home depot is the zumiez of building supplies, so whoever rhino is, i back that boycott
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2019, 06:50:31 PM »
This is only great advertising for the boards and for the actual culture (not force-fed marketing passed off as such), kids who had no idea about them before will soon start lurking our 'devious activities' with the same intrigued and intimidated type of curiosity kids used to have for skating before it blew up, as no matter how edgy Thrasher tries to keep sounding they're literally a catalog now - no way kids in need of any answer or clue in life can relate to that plastic mall shit for long still. So let's embrace the new misfits as the dinosaurs keep fossilizing and then we'll see who's disconnected from skateboarding.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 06:53:45 PM by silhouette »

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2019, 06:50:57 PM »
the thrasher apparel brand doesn't want anyone to have negative opinions on "the industry". guess it would help maximize profit margins if everywhere was like instagram or youtube comments where everyone just pats each other on the back all day, and brands or the pros that represent them should not be criticized when they do something worthy of scrutiny. hopefully people on the forums stop saying negative things about companies soon so they have more funds for when they put in bids via ad space for soty or kotr.

they also dont want you to know that decks can be made to last way longer than they do now with just more glue and longer cure times.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2019, 06:54:49 PM »
so meta fuckin hellride 18 motherfuckers

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2019, 06:56:46 PM »
Expand Quote
This is only great advertising for the boards, kids who had no idea about them before will soon start lurking our 'devious activities' with the same intrigued and intimidated type of curiosity kids used to have for skating before it blew up, as no matter how edgy Thrasher tries to keep sounding they're literally a catalog now - no way kids in need of any answer or clue in life can relate to that plastic mall shit for long still. So let's embrace the new misfits as the dinosaurs keep fossilizing and then we'll see who's disconnected from skateboarding.
[close]
As if we didn't pick up enough non-skaters and security guards from the whole Black Rock thing.

The mostest awesomest thing are the people who make accounts here in order to shit-talk SLAP posters in general. That's a lot of effort for a lurker.

Shalom and Destroy.

The uninitiated need not apply, the profane can lurk the YouTube comments and be perfectly content.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2019, 06:58:51 PM »
Instead of Soy Panday, it should be Andrew Allen. Otherwise pretty much nailed it. Lil offended by the "they don't skate" part but it's fair haha.
The chillest1

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2019, 07:03:31 PM »

they also dont want you to know that decks can be made to last way longer than they do now with just more glue and longer cure times.

This is an incredibly naive statement.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2019, 07:14:23 PM »
As if we didn't pick up enough non-skaters and security guards from the whole Black Rock thing.

Where did I say non skaters (or 'profanes')? I'm willing to bet the kids who would come on here to lurk skate more than most pros in the hottest cities. A lot of them just buy Thrasher for the lack of a better clue. Participation would obviously be problematic and might warrant new limitations for fresh accounts but I'd rather have that than just us rotting on here and circle jerking. This place is an incredibly dynamic niche of information that's truer to the culture than any brand ever will be and why even share anything on here if not in an attempt at its transmission (to those who need it of course - I'm not completely stupid)? Really I'm not for catching any more annoying users but for cultural and educational purposes even, the more kids who lurk on here the better. No point in complaining all day about what sucks about the poisonous little bubble some people live in if one's not going to try and just burst it. Kids will always be the future remember, of skating too. So whatever weight we can possibly hold on offering alternatives to the mere promotion of energy drinks, soccer shoes and logo shirts disguised as a lifestyle and hopefully help expand even just a few individuals' minds, I'd say let's fucking use it or else we're only asking to get fucked.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 07:16:34 PM by silhouette »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2019, 07:19:43 PM »
No need to be sorry, I actually figured that re-reading your post and edited mine as you were posting to specify which type of profile I really had in mind bringing this up, I should have been clearer to begin with.

People come on here because they love skating. People buy Thrasher because they love logos. Logos are important in skateboarding but they aren't skateboarding. This place has some of the fiercest international skateboarding enthusiasts and some people are so far behind they don't even realize that by talking trash about people on here they're talking trash on representants of skateboarding how it actually is practiced daily around the world (although not every country has a Hot Topic) aka. everybody who will be left once all the shirts are gone - and then they come whining that skaters are ditching their shit. The dichotomy is pretty clear and the nail in the coffin. I'm fine with that cute little cry from whichever Thrasher intern didn't starve that day.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 07:31:45 PM by silhouette »

Get the strap

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2019, 07:23:13 PM »
Thrasher sold out big time and shit is clear as fucking day and everyone keeps consuming their content and apparel without even thinking things through. They're in bed with the biggest corporations still pushing their reckless hellride bullshit which is a complete 180* from the corporate culture that sponsors them.

The master plan is to brainwash all the skaters with the potential for big corporate money but the skaters are just chasing the carrot on the stick, while living the hellride lifestyle. Those skaters will fall off, get arrested, or worse while Thrasher makes a shit load of money and owns all the content. When all is said and done the last skaters standing will be programmed robot jocks doing whatever the puppet masters tell them.

farisskates

• Rep: 1
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2019, 07:37:11 PM »
Word. Rather watch a transworld video than a shitty thrasher one. Thrasher is trasher.

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2019, 07:39:26 PM »
Maybe it just selective memory/Baader-Meinhoff phenomenon but it sure seems like a lot of people are spending time taking shots at the pals these days.

First they ignore you,
then they laugh at you,
then they fight you,
then you Shalom

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 543
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2019, 07:43:29 PM »

Monkey_Mcpott

lilboosie

• Rep: 227
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2019, 07:46:10 PM »
lmao y’all triggered

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2019, 07:48:42 PM »
One last thing though but talking 'puppets', let's not shoot messengers either, Thrasher also is a puppet that's really manipulated by its advertisers so with this type of little jab maybe the medium is the message? Instead of blaming random individuals who are (desperately) trying to keep their enterprise going then maybe it's how much editorial power certain private groups contractually have that should be called out? Maybe instead of pointing fingers at people some still struggle to even identify we should really first and foremost be looking down on which shoes currently are on our feet?

PatoDuck

• Rep: -31
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2019, 07:54:07 PM »
I mean this is skateboarding if we really wanted to we could just get rid of them. If we’re all fucking tired of them let’s build something new instead off dealing with these fuck wads. Fuck Phelps, fuck thrasher, this is skateboarding we shouldn’t be jocks, we should be skateboarders!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 07:56:09 PM by PatoDuck »

hangontoyourego

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2019, 07:55:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Holy triggered ::)

Slap produces content? Where's that page?
holy triggered is  right on . sounds like you’re the one insanely butthurt as well as the one who started this thread . jesus man it’s a joke . everyone can dish it out but can’t take it . if you hate thrasher then why are you  h king it . it’s like being bitter over your ex who dumped you and keep checking her lurking her ig .

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3341
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2019, 08:00:08 PM »
a acurate

PatoDuck

• Rep: -31
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2019, 08:00:37 PM »
WE OWN SKATEBOARDING PEOPLE WE ARE NOT THE THE PUPPETS WE ARE THE MASTERS. WE ARE SKATEBOARDING