Author Topic: large new Ventures  (Read 5988 times)

sixpackoftablets

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
large new Ventures
« on: December 10, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »
Venture is making "5.75 HIs", hopefully out around Feb.

In case anyone cares.

I had to buy some 149 Thunders, and they are fugly.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: large new Ventures
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 09:30:10 AM »
5.75/149 are good for decks that ate 8.4 & up?
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

dankradschwag

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 10:22:00 AM »
thunders are great, dont talk shit

sixpackoftablets

• salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 01:54:49 PM »

yeah I have 149 Thunders on my 8.5. My Venture 5.25s are just a hair skinny on my 8.25 board, but would look fine if I didn't have stupid skinny Spitfires.

Not talking shit on Thunders, I just think they look ugly, and I've been a Venture bro for hella years.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 02:09:13 PM »
If your riding a board that big you have no business riding Ventures.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 02:23:08 PM »
ventures are tight, you're crazy

myrrh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 02:32:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah I have 149 Thunders on my 8.5. My Venture 5.25s are just a hair skinny on my 8.25 board, but would look fine if I didn't have stupid skinny Spitfires.

Not talking shit on Thunders, I just think they look ugly, and I've been a Venture bro for hella years.

I actually think Thunders are the most aesthetically pleasing trucks however weird that sounds. But whatever. I rode ventures for a long time.

Cold Pizza

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 05:06:10 PM »

When you get good at skateboarding, you start doing high impact maneuvers that break your equipment.  Unless you get them for free, Ventures are garbage.....they break incredibly easy.  But seeing as you're still a beginner, Ventures should be just fine.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 05:26:42 PM »
you're the biggest idiot on slap.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 09:44:41 PM »
What size board do you ride COTG?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 10:32:29 PM »
I usually ride 8's but someone gave me an 8.5 and I'm skating that right now. I think I'm going to make the switch and get some 8.5 trucks. Venture highs are my favorite trucks right now, though. but I'm probably going to switch to thunder 149's until these new ventures come out.

Lurkenstock

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 12:55:19 AM »
I usually ride 8's but someone gave me an 8.5 and I'm skating that right now. I think I'm going to make the switch and get some 8.5 trucks. Venture highs are my favorite trucks right now, though. but I'm probably going to switch to thunder 149's until these new ventures come out.
Dude, seriously you're riding an 8.5?
High five.
I used to ride 8's exclusively for the longest but this year stepped it up to 8.25's and even a little wider lately, I'm almost ready to take the plunge to 8.5.

Would have never expected you on a big boat, you seem like a skinny board, tight low trucks type of person, shit's rad if you can get all tech still on a huge board with wide trucks that are highs.
Lots of kids out here are stepping it up board size wise too, rad to see young bucks getting wild on them big boards.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 01:14:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
High five.
I used to ride 8's exclusively for the longest but this year stepped it up to 8.25's and even a little wider lately, I'm almost ready to take the plunge to 8.5.

Would have never expected you on a big boat, you seem like a skinny board, tight low trucks type of person, shit's rad if you can get all tech still on a huge board with wide trucks that are highs.
Lots of kids out here are stepping it up board size wise too, rad to see young bucks getting wild on them big boards.

Deck size 7.5 is extinct nowadays, I even see little kids ride a 8 inch deck or up. But if you have and 8 or above deck, it is proper to ride a 5.2/139. A 5.0 or 129 look weird on a big deck.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 03:19:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
High five.

[close]

Deck size 7.5 is extinct nowadays, I even see little kids ride a 8 inch deck or up. But if you have and 8 or above deck, it is proper to ride a 5.2/139. A 5.0 or 129 look weird on a big deck.

This bums me out, seems like im the only one left riding 7.5's and its getting so hard to find decks that size anymore, the average deck is like 8.25 now

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 07:34:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
High five.

it has actually made doing tech tricks way easier. I wear size 13 so now i think my board feels like how normal peoples' feel under their feet. It's way more comfortable, and no toe or heel touches at all. It's funny how people assume that i would skate tight trucks. I actually used to skate super loose up until a year ago, and even after tightening up some, my trucks are still looser than most peoples.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 08:44:03 AM »
it has actually made doing tech tricks way easier. I wear size 13 so now i think my board feels like how normal peoples' feel under their feet. It's way more comfortable, and no toe or heel touches at all. It's funny how people assume that i would skate tight trucks. I actually used to skate super loose up until a year ago, and even after tightening up some, my trucks are still looser than most peoples.

Just curious, do you have to constantly re-tighten the nuts on your Ventures, or do you not use a bottom bushing washer? When I first started riding looser trucks I had been on riding Ventures for a few years, but the nuts were constantly hanging by a thread so I switched to Thunders. Because of that and other people's experiences, I've always attributed Venture to be a preference to those who like tight trucks.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 08:46:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just curious, do you have to constantly re-tighten the nuts on your Ventures, or do you not use a bottom bushing washer? When I first started riding looser trucks I had been on riding Ventures for a few years, but the nuts were constantly hanging by a thread so I switched to Thunders. Because of that and other people's experiences, I've always attributed Venture to be a preference to those who like tight trucks.

meh ive always ridden ventures and inserted bones hardcore (usually medium) bushings into them, cant stand tight trucks but always used ventures HA

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 09:41:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have highs and my trucks aren't loose anymore. I have them exactly how they come, and they turn. I think most people say ventures are tight because they buy lows. No low trucks turn like that anyway. when i did ride looser i had the blue doh dohs on independents.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 02:06:35 PM »
most ventures come with the reddish colored stock bushing which are pretty hard.  if you can, try to switch them out for the white ones, they're definitely a lot of softer, or just get some bones bushings.   

7.5 are still being made buy a bunch of companies, they're just not offering as many as they used to.  the new small size these days is 7.75.       

IskateBaker

• Rep: -70
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 05:59:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When you get good at skateboarding, you start doing high impact maneuvers that break your equipment.  Unless you get them for free, Ventures are garbage.....they break incredibly easy.  But seeing as you're still a beginner, Ventures should be just fine.
high impact maneuvers?  are you an old man?
nigga when's the last time you caught a pokemon with a great ball?

john04o8

• Rep: -27
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 06:07:42 PM »
im skating 9.0 deck and some indys and rictas for free 99

sixpackoftablets

• salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 07:52:17 PM »
Guys - go fellate Childoftheghetto in one of the other 50 threads that you've helped make all about him.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1606
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2010, 09:12:47 PM »
I love how indys turn but like how ventures skate.  I want the new indy lows where they don't look like they have bent axels.  One thing i didn't notice about ventures was their stock bushings.  I got new ventures and basically have to have the kingpin nut falling off.  Gotta cop some bones. 
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

sixpackoftablets

• salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 07:23:13 AM »
Anyone have news on the new Venture 5.5s or 5.75s or whatever they will be called?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 09:46:30 PM »
Anyone have news on the new Venture 5.5s or 5.75s or whatever they will be called?

I think they have been approved, and molding will be happening soon.

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 10:30:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
High five.

lol when I posted I skate 8.75s in a thread, I got all kinds of shit for it.

swllbo

• Rep: 13
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 10:38:05 PM »
I rode nothing but ventures for the longest time, but the last two sets I had would steadily turn to the left. I did everything I could think of to fix them(changed the bushings, new hardware, rubbing them on my girlfriends crotch), but nothing worked. Now i just ride thunders or indys. Who knows, I may have to give them another chance once they hit the glass cases.

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2011, 10:39:28 PM »
Ventures will be trendy again, on top of Indys and Thunder.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
fury sucked in the past, but their wide 8,25 "evo2" model looks very good actually.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2011, 09:06:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
High five.

[close]
lol when I posted I skate 8.75s in a thread, I got all kinds of shit for it.

just because you bought that 8.75 deathwish because you wanted to have the widest board at the park and out trend all of your friends doesnt mean you "skate 8.75s"
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.