Author Topic: Adio possibly done ?  (Read 23535 times)

Tuna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Adio possibly done ?
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2008, 10:46:40 PM »
If anyone read the Nick Dompierre interview on the berrics, he pretty much confirms that adio's done. He also says he doesnt know where he's going to go.

i read that too... i could see Nick on Vans, Vox, or perhaps Circa(hope not)

southpaw1

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2008, 01:41:27 AM »
Expand Quote
If anyone read the Nick Dompierre interview on the berrics, he pretty much confirms that adio's done. He also says he doesnt know where he's going to go.
[close]

dc throwing paper
vox has expressed interest if not offered yet.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2008, 03:46:12 AM »
hopefully he will be revamping kastel or sheep.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2008, 08:46:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

where does he say that? i just read the interview and there's no mention of it besides saying "f'it" to non-skating companies taking the industry by storm.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2008, 09:10:14 AM »
you should try pressing the "Next"button

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2008, 11:00:04 AM »
you should try pressing the "Next"button

ah didn't see it. thanks

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2008, 11:35:23 AM »
Seriously though....any of the Adio guys going to another company would be cool except for Beloe. Like how in the fuck is Adio on the verge of going out and brand like Beloe is in business (but given, it will only be time till they hit the shits). I am not really into Adio's at all but I'd buy a pair of Kenny 1's anyday over Beloe, or even Vox for that matter. But yeah, if any of the guys got on another company (ie Gravis, iPath, Dekline, etc), I am all for it.....

I can see Domp on Gravis...and even Anolog clothing for that matter.
Joey should be on DVS
Montoya should get on iPath....maybe cause no one else would pick him up.
Brian Brown I can see on DVS or even Adidas. He'll never get a shoe though.
Roberts....I hate to say it.....I can see him on Beloe......
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

biggums mcgee

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2008, 11:38:07 AM »
i can't say i recall ever seeing a pair of adio shoes outside of a store. i was wondering how they lasted this long

damn where are you at?

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2008, 11:41:16 AM »
Expand Quote
i can't say i recall ever seeing a pair of adio shoes outside of a store. i was wondering how they lasted this long
[close]

damn where are you at?

Well, any legit shop in the Bay Area never carried Adio. I think the only place I've seen it is at Copeland Sports....and not they're all gone. Adio's target market is definitly in inland....like midwest....
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2008, 12:55:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

damn where are you at?
[close]

Well, any legit shop in the Bay Area never carried Adio. I think the only place I've seen it is at Copeland Sports....and not they're all gone. Adio's target market is definitly in inland....like midwest....

Southern Freakin' California. I think the OC has ordinances requiring residents to wear Adios

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -347
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2008, 01:08:37 PM »
its been a LONG time since my local skateshop(yeah its a "legit" one) carried fallen. does that mean fallen isn't legit? not every legit shop carries every brand im sure there are tons of legit skateshops that carry adio(well mine doesn't)

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2008, 01:25:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

damn where are you at?
[close]

[close]

Southern Freakin' California. I think the OC has ordinances requiring residents to wear Adios

I think I was going on the impression from what my friend told me. He said Supra was freakin' huge up there and didn't really mention stuff about Adio. Even when you look at Active (granted I've never been to Active store but I am talking more or less about the site), they don't really carry Adio and they're all from Southern Cali. But I guess so. Maybe I should have said Adio is not a city thing......but still, I am sure when they look at the numbers, Cali isn't the number one buyers for Adio.....
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

organic life

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2008, 02:26:56 PM »
dam this is to bad my homie was getting flow for them

bizarro gub

• Rep: 7
  • lincoln of the sea
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2008, 03:58:26 PM »
better pick up a pair of kenny standards while i still can.
Alexactly shaves.

Epic

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2008, 05:59:39 PM »
Joey - DVS
Montoya - Adidas
Dompierre - DC or Circa (Major power moves on DC's part)
Kenny - Lakai
Roberts - DVS
Nesser - Ipath or Converse
Bobier - Fallen
Shultz and Troy - Vox
Torres - Circa
Brown - Nike or Adidas
Selego - Beloe or IPath

Just my take on things.

Murdercapital

• Rep: -22
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2008, 06:21:39 PM »
ATTENTION:  ADIO is NOT going under.  They are owned by K2 and K2 was bought up by a monster company.  They cut back and Adio is dropping all its other programs to focus PURELY on their skate program.  As for Bam, Tony, White not staying on...they want more $$$...Adio's numbers on paper haven't been that good lately but they are still staying afloat and the video is still happening Hernandez just isn't under the same contract he was.

Epic

« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2008, 06:25:56 PM »
Where is your source?

southpaw1

« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2008, 06:43:32 PM »
ATTENTION:  ADIO is NOT going under.  They are owned by K2 and K2 was bought up by a monster company.  They cut back and Adio is dropping all its other programs to focus PURELY on their skate program.  As for Bam, Tony, White not staying on...they want more $$$...Adio's numbers on paper haven't been that good lately but they are still staying afloat and the video is still happening Hernandez just isn't under the same contract he was.

while they might not go under -- things are going a very different route for the brand. they basically cut 75% of the staff (including the team manager and marketing manager). the brand manager is now handling marketing - which is weird. if its the same brand manager that has been the shot caller on what shoes and colors get released then that probably wasnt the best idea.  i guess the people left are wearing more then one hat as they no longer need the big group dedicated to the sales and marketing to the core market.  they are no longer focusing on ''core'' shops as the main dollar maker........

the idea with the new ''monster'' owners is to blow it out - big time. heard there will be shoes in target sometime in 2009-2010 - if it is marketed as 'adio' or just 'shaun white' is another story...most likely it will just be 'shaun white' shoes without specific adio branding since target is dedicating the entire clothing section to him.   Bam and Tony are gone The Flying Tomato is still there along with the rest of the team............... ... FWIW - i got a ''goodbye'' email today from another employee who was let go................ strange things going on over there.

Epic

« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2008, 08:24:19 PM »
That sounds like a heeping pile of shittyness.

burritobell666

• Rep: 25
  • let's sit and chat
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2008, 06:07:34 AM »
with adio gone, the midwest and the south are fucked.

fuck that, minneapolis is pretty much all nikes

burritobell666

• Rep: 25
  • let's sit and chat
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2008, 06:13:26 AM »
yeah i asked nesser up at top shop whats going on with adio and he said they just got rid of a bunch of warehouse people and flow guys, because "everyone was used to getting more money" <----does that mean adio isn't making much?

JunglePOP

• Rep: 29
  • Art Hellemen where are you?
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2008, 06:55:08 AM »
corporations demand to make more money than they did last quarter or shits gonna hit the fan.  Thats what this sounds like to me, they made less money than projected and changes are being made.
Sorry, sometimes I get overly defensive on that point.

SleepyPeePee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2008, 10:41:18 AM »
This is all true. They also fired Jason Hernandez, so looks like the Adio video has been cancelled.

Yup, this is true. He was supposed to film for the new Adio video, and he tried going to Vans for work, but apparently they don't wanna hire him and kick the dude who films now to the curb (i guess he's wack and misses filming tricks..) cuz Hernandez is still going out and filming Montoya and Kenny on the regular.
would you rather hear "woo" from the omar salazar pack? i wouldn't. their "yeahs" are genuine, and cool. "yeah" has been the battle cry of skaters for as long as i can remember.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2008, 02:15:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That statement about the South and midwest is outright ignorant. Don't worry about specifics. "I'm from the bay area and we are better than that... leave it to the midwest and south, which I've never been to, but must suck."
I;ve lived in Chicago and I live in SF and work in Oakland, the cities in the bay area are like boonie ass cow towns compared to Chicago. Love them both, but to imply there is no culture in the midwest or south is to imply that you in fact are the ignorant one.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2008, 04:10:06 PM »
That statement about the South and midwest is outright ignorant. Don't worry about specifics. "I'm from the bay area and we are better than that... leave it to the midwest and south, which I've never been to, but must suck."
I;ve lived in Chicago and I live in SF and work in Oakland, the cities in the bay area are like boonie ass cow towns compared to Chicago. Love them both, but to imply there is no culture in the midwest or south is to imply that you in fact are the ignorant one.

word, although unfortunately you do see a decent amount of Adio in the South...but it's all the suburbs and Alabama and the sticks.  i don't know a single skater that lives intown that would wear those...things.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2008, 04:13:06 PM »
I'm skating adios now, and I had a pair in like last fall... I must be lame

faceneck

• Rep: 12
  • blastin
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2008, 05:22:35 PM »
Sucks for the Pac Sun bros, looks like they're going to have to settle for 6.0s.

jrock

« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2008, 05:37:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i think he was just referring to the fact that adio flows (well, used to flow) a ton of guys in the midwest and the south (texas/florida).

kilgore.

« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2008, 06:39:47 PM »
that's basically all i meant. i wasn't trying to be completely serious and speak for the entire culture of the midwest and south, only someone who takes shit as serious as the gipper would take it that way. and also i dont get why you tried to speak for me and throw some bullshit quote out there for me when you have no idea about my existence. i lived in the south for 19 years of my life, i'm not some guy who's never ventured anywhere and tries to diss cultures i haven't experienced. my quote might have been heavily asshole like but it was only meant for that one statement it didnt have some defining cultural hate behind it. all i was referring to was my sense that many people get flowed by them in the midwest and in the south, especially because it's all you see in the houston area.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 06:41:24 PM by kilgore. »

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2008, 06:50:09 PM »
Ernie T was wearing fallen slip ons the other day.