Author Topic: DC KAlis Centric S  (Read 1467 times)

The Woodsman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
DC KAlis Centric S
« on: May 12, 2015, 07:56:09 AM »
I know they are older shoes but I found them online for cheap and I wanted a pair since they came out but I havent had DC in probably 10 years and was wondering how they fit, pretty true to size or big/small. Thanks in advance.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

Doughboy

• Rep: 21
  • Coffee and Advil
Re: DC KAlis Centric S
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 09:52:59 AM »
True to size length and width. Maybe a little narrow in the arch area/mid-foot area. I have wider feet though, so if you have a normalish foot they should be fine. They look pretty cool on foot too. Comfortable/boardfeel. Here's a link with what ripped laces has to say.
http://www.rippedlaces.com/2012/07/dc-centric-s-review/

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 07:54:57 PM »
I'd say they run a little bigger than most DCs (which I find usually run small!). I'm 9.5 but usually skate a 10 in DCs. However, the centrics were a little big in a ten. Not sure if that means they run true to size?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Kinch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 01:04:29 PM »
Pretty much true to size I'd say, although they are slightly on the narrower side. I had them and they were really comfortable, felt good to skate, and had pretty good cushioning. The only issue I had was that the sole wore down fairly quickly in the front of the shoe under the ball of the foot  but they were good while they lasted. Would def pick em up for cheap again myself/if I was you.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 01:48:15 AM »
true to size, and i agree with everything the guy above me said.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 05:35:22 AM »
The soles on the Centric and the Lynx S seem to wear out way, way quicker than the Matt Miller's I just had (twice as quick). Not a huge complaint as they have all skated really well. Pretty much why I have been giving DC my money lately, all of those shoes I mention have been great to skate in, no break in time, pretty durable and great board feel.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 10:17:23 AM »
Does anybody skated the Wolf S? They arent really my style but my local shop has them and they remind me a lot of the PJ ladd dc's which were one of my dream shoes when i was younger, so I'm kinda curious about them.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 10:34:41 AM »
I'm actually going to order a pair on Tuesday as well as the Lynx. I'm excited and will let you know how they feel.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 02:39:50 PM »
First day of wearing my Centrics and they feel great. I can't wait to go skate them after work today. I would definitely recommend getting a pair for yourself and maybe a pair of your regular skate shoes in the event that they don't work right for you.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 07:46:38 PM »
2001 called they want their shoes back, seriously are companies still putting PSI airbags in their shoes? What a stupid fuckin gimmick should have died years ago.

There is no way Kalis designed this shoe

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 10:01:16 PM »
2001 called they want their shoes back, seriously are companies still putting PSI airbags in their shoes? What a stupid fuckin gimmick should have died years ago.

well you know, you don't skate so you don't know how bad heel bruises are

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 12:57:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was just gonna say he wasn't born yet by 2001.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 06:48:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I was just gonna say he wasn't born yet by 2001.

I like that one too!