Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 106722 times)

FatGuy92

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #1650 on: March 20, 2024, 06:14:05 PM »
Blank check supply has two twins an 8 and  a 8.25

https://blankchecksupply.com/products/the-symmetrical-blank-skateboard-deck-8

Clutch wood isn't that exciting tho

I've skated several Clutch boards over the last few years and never had any problems. Tbh I might like them more than PS. Any specific reason Clutch isn't favored? I remember seeing some negative opinions here before, but don't remember why

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1651 on: March 20, 2024, 08:06:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've skated several Clutch boards over the last few years and never had any problems. Tbh I might like them more than PS. Any specific reason Clutch isn't favored? I remember seeing some negative opinions here before, but don't remember why

I copied your post to another thread where someone was asking about those boards.

I guess at the end of the day, everything is down to personal opinion and some people will like or dislike certain woodshops for various reasons.

The pro standard Clutch boards I had come through my hands were good, but the price point boards broke very easily, but that could be said for BBS / DLX boards too, so if you are liking the concave, shape and dimensions, then they should be good for you.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #1652 on: March 20, 2024, 08:11:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I copied your post to another thread where someone was asking about those boards.

I guess at the end of the day, everything is down to personal opinion and some people will like or dislike certain woodshops for various reasons.

The pro standard Clutch boards I had come through my hands were good, but the price point boards broke very easily, but that could be said for BBS / DLX boards too, so if you are liking the concave, shape and dimensions, then they should be good for you.

Thanks for that. Tbh I'm not skating hard enough to break boards so that's probably why I never had problems.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1954
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1653 on: March 20, 2024, 10:21:39 PM »
I liked the Clutch deck I skated a while back, slightly less stiff than a brand new DSM but slightly more than a BBS. I'd gladly ride another but they seem to be dropping the ball with sending specs or using the right molds at the shop floor. Like Ben Degros' order with subpar wood and Blank Check ordering 8.5 twins but 8.0 / 8.25 only being fulfilled.

What's the letter they use for their twin shapes?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1654 on: March 20, 2024, 11:16:52 PM »
I liked the Clutch deck I skated a while back, slightly less stiff than a brand new DSM but slightly more than a BBS. I'd gladly ride another but they seem to be dropping the ball with sending specs or using the right molds at the shop floor. Like Ben Degros' order with subpar wood and Blank Check ordering 8.5 twins but 8.0 / 8.25 only being fulfilled.

What's the letter they use for their twin shapes?

Do they have a T shape?

That would make the most sense to me.  T for TWIN shape.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Vernon Wells

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 34
  • Paydayyyyyyy
« Reply #1655 on: March 21, 2024, 08:57:58 AM »
Got my twin nose VU Shop deck in, right around 14.25 wheelbase with 7 inch kicks, looks great. Can’t wait to skate it

Sounds nice. What's the concave and steepness of the kicks like?

boofactory

• Rep: 24
« Reply #1656 on: March 22, 2024, 09:11:42 AM »
Mid to steep kick on the source central twin nose, just took my first skate on it.

I’m running 5.8 ventures with 55ish mm spitfire 97a’s and the long kicks make it very comfortable popping now versus the ishod twin tail which felt like I had to put too much effort into.

The kicks are pretty full, similar to AWS. Switch flips felt like I got a fuller flick off the longer kicks. My real test was how spin tricks would work out, first throw down I spun a back big spin, followed by a switch front bigspin.

This may be my favorite board I’ve ridden in a long time, very stoked on how it feels.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #1657 on: March 23, 2024, 01:27:34 AM »
Somebody was talking about this earlier: who was the first to do twin tip?

I believe it was Deathwish for Neen well over 2 years ago. And it was a twin nose instead of twin tail. If not, seems like Ishod's for Real may be the first.

Now, that's for the modern trend. I'm sure brands explored doing twin dims 15-25 years ago when trend shifted from shaped to popsicle as the norm. However, I don't know enough to comment about that time period of  shapes.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #1658 on: March 23, 2024, 05:46:54 AM »
First one I saw marketed

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1011
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1659 on: March 23, 2024, 08:28:53 AM »
Yeah you have to go way back…well before this current trend

Visions double vision
Mystery had a symmetry run (and were amazing)
Plan b

Mystery and planb twins were 11yrs ago?

« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 12:29:24 AM by Xen »

malevy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1660 on: March 23, 2024, 06:24:45 PM »
First one I saw marketed

Memory unlocked seeing this one

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1661 on: March 24, 2024, 11:45:10 AM »
Vallely barnyard has to be the first symmetrical board, no?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1662 on: March 24, 2024, 12:52:03 PM »

It wasn’t symmetrical.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #1663 on: March 24, 2024, 02:44:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It wasn’t symmetrical.

yeah barnyard wasn’t symmetrical.

it must have been the double vision, but i remember seeing a vision twin that was….kind of insane looking: lots of concave, massive kicks. over 30 years ago, so my memory is a little whatever. i saw the person skating it from a distance, and the kit looked pretty wild.
some of the concave back then was intense.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1664 on: March 24, 2024, 06:17:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

It wasn’t symmetrical.
[close]

it must have been the double vision, but i remember seeing a vision twin that was….kind of insane looking: lots of concave, massive kicks. over 30 years ago, so my memory is a little whatever. i saw the person skating it from a distance, and the kit looked pretty wild.

Double Vision was symmetrical either, just had a massive kick for the nose; it was wider in the front (nose and truck width) with a rear taper - the nose was shorter than the tail (we were still in the short nose era, even if this was massive for back then).

A friend of mine got one, the novelty was being able to skate it either way 'as normal' or ollies into nose stalls (nollies and switch weren't a thing yet).

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1665 on: March 25, 2024, 12:40:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

It wasn’t symmetrical.
[close]

[close]

Double Vision was symmetrical either, just had a massive kick for the nose; it was wider in the front (nose and truck width) with a rear taper - the nose was shorter than the tail (we were still in the short nose era, even if this was massive for back then).

A friend of mine got one, the novelty was being able to skate it either way 'as normal' or ollies into nose stalls (nollies and switch weren't a thing yet).

Tony Hawk had that Pictogram board on Powell in early 90's. It might have been symmetrical, never saw it in person.
Vision had couple of versions of double vision decks, some even in late 80's with symmetrical looking graphics, not sure if they were actual symmetrical shapes.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1666 on: March 25, 2024, 12:51:17 AM »

The pictogram was probably the first true twin, double drilled each end as well! That thing was massive.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #1667 on: March 25, 2024, 12:49:14 PM »

The pictogram was probably the first true twin, double drilled each end as well! That thing was massive.

damn! your memory is top notch.
i recall seeing that vision shape in action, dude was trying an impossible, and as little ass kids we tended to try them with the front foot going off of the tip of the nose, so full snowbroder stance. ‘funny’ the little images that are stuck in my brain.
just previous to this i would try and do ollie’s on my neighbors chris miller, but using the nose as the tail. somehow the tiny nose sort of helped me, as a tail. i was really small for my age.
blah blab blab.

i’m way out of bounds because i haven’t tried a twin in the modern era. i think the longer noses, shorter tails just feels ‘safer’ for me. when i try and use the tail, as the tail, for a switch ollie, i feel like my switch pop
is exposed for fraudulent.

Cliche10k

• Rep: -32
« Reply #1668 on: March 25, 2024, 01:48:46 PM »
So far so good I've been loving the twin tail, beware, you have to switch out your pivot cups and bushings, cause it's all different (or just buy new trucks).

What’s the reason for switching trucks?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1669 on: March 25, 2024, 03:46:34 PM »
Expand Quote
So far so good I've been loving the twin tail, beware, you have to switch out your pivot cups and bushings, cause it's all different (or just buy new trucks).
[close]

What’s the reason for switching trucks?

Your trucks will turn differently based on a nose/tail board due to how you skate it/weight distribution, etc.

Fresh cups and bushings at the start and you start at square one. All things equal.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1670 on: March 25, 2024, 03:50:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

damn! your memory is top notch.
i recall seeing that vision shape in action, dude was trying an impossible, and as little ass kids we tended to try them with the front foot going off of the tip of the nose, so full snowbroder stance. ‘funny’ the little images that are stuck in my brain.
just previous to this i would try and do ollie’s on my neighbors chris miller, but using the nose as the tail. somehow the tiny nose sort of helped me, as a tail. i was really small for my age.
blah blab blab.

i’m way out of bounds because i haven’t tried a twin in the modern era. i think the longer noses, shorter tails just feels ‘safer’ for me. when i try and use the tail, as the tail, for a switch ollie, i feel like my switch pop
is exposed for fraudulent.

We rode them a lot back then- I learned impossibles on them for a day trying to 3 shuv …no risers and small ass wheel - well ahead of that being the norm; I fucking hated risers, copers, nose guards/skid plates…ugh.

marcusbutler

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1671 on: March 26, 2024, 10:54:43 AM »
Whats the wheelbase on the prod twin nose?
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1672 on: March 26, 2024, 11:02:23 AM »

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #1673 on: March 26, 2024, 12:36:08 PM »
Primitive twins:

13.85 on the 8.25
14.12 on the 8.5

I’m praying that means an 8.38 with 14 flat is incoming, I’d put my 149s on that for sure. 

marcusbutler

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1674 on: March 26, 2024, 12:37:55 PM »
Under 14WB? holy shit. I got to give that one a try.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1675 on: March 26, 2024, 01:51:17 PM »
8.5 Crail Twin on sale $49.98: It's Malto's....and an ugly hello Kitty colorway...talk about a double whammy

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Girl_Malto_Hello_Kitty__Friends_TWIN_Deck/descpage-GIMHFDK.html
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 03:05:49 PM by Xen »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1676 on: March 27, 2024, 01:22:45 AM »
8.5 Crail Twin on sale $49.98: It's Malto's....and an ugly hello Kitty colorway...talk about a double whammy

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Girl_Malto_Hello_Kitty__Friends_TWIN_Deck/descpage-GIMHFDK.html
What the fuck is thar, I'm speechless 😶
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1677 on: March 27, 2024, 11:00:24 AM »
Tactics has added a Twin search and sort option!

https://www.tactics.com/skateboard-decks/ra-20744/sort-5

Haido

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1678 on: March 27, 2024, 11:05:43 AM »
I'd rather have twin nose. I had a deathwish with a small nose and I just couldn't flick it right.
never seen a shitty deathwish b.
du hast.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1679 on: March 29, 2024, 10:28:43 AM »

If I had to guess, incoming short/short wb twin again; interesting to see what he comes up with blending all three of those...the Fab board is pretty much the standard 8.25 shape SC board (but stubby cuz she's short; 31.9/14" WB), super close to the regular mcoy twins (the new asta and mcoys are much narrower/pointer in the kicks+long).

Side note: In of of the previous vids he actually, for real, takes his hat off. He does have hair ;)