Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 792845 times)

MusclesMarinara, Thebird (+ 1 Hidden) and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

thehogsniper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 49
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #8550 on: February 16, 2024, 12:20:45 PM »
Finally got the 480, absolutely killing my feet out of the box. Felt like I was walking on golf balls. Switched out the insole for my Dr Scholl's and it raised up way too too high. Had to throw some bare bones samba insoles, but they're getting to be more comfortable the more I wear them

mini greek

• Rep: 32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8551 on: February 16, 2024, 12:33:22 PM »
Expand Quote

Are these the black/gum that were mentioned some posts ago? (5th slide)
[close]
must be yup. They shouldn’t have messed with the N. Just looks like a Z here in that pic.
Just a bad angle...
Get litty.....

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 77
« Reply #8552 on: February 16, 2024, 12:35:18 PM »
Finally got the 480, absolutely killing my feet out of the box. Felt like I was walking on golf balls. Switched out the insole for my Dr Scholl's and it raised up way too too high. Had to throw some bare bones samba insoles, but they're getting to be more comfortable the more I wear them

oh man, I put on my new pair for a two hour drive like a dummy and regretted it about 30 minutes in. Helped the old man move wearing them broke them in real nice though, and they feel great to wear walking around.

Just did a couple ollies in them and then the 1010s as well and surprisingly the 1010s felt better board feel wise. I did not expect that. 480 seems dummy thick

I Just tapered all of my pants and the big shoes look weird, but about that time to give the 288s a break for now

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #8553 on: February 16, 2024, 10:54:01 PM »
Skated a pair of 440 Hi (all brown/white) today and I enjoyed them, but they seemed to make my knees a lil bothered. Maybe it's the insole (State Footwear) I swapped in?

I went back to my KSL mid sesh and felt wayyyy better. I think my 440 his are just gonna be chilling/walking around shoes unless I try a different insole that feels better for skating in
Super Champion Fun Zone

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1951
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #8554 on: February 16, 2024, 11:14:38 PM »
Concepts has 30% off the new 440 V2 in the sea salt colorway in all sizes. Use coupon code F30,
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DanRar009

• Rep: 53
« Reply #8555 on: February 17, 2024, 02:04:19 AM »
Skated a pair of 440 Hi (all brown/white) today and I enjoyed them, but they seemed to make my knees a lil bothered. Maybe it's the insole (State Footwear) I swapped in?

I went back to my KSL mid sesh and felt wayyyy better. I think my 440 his are just gonna be chilling/walking around shoes unless I try a different insole that feels better for skating in

Same feeling man. Anytime I skate 440s my feet and knees feel terrible, and I end up switching out for a shoe with an actual midsole. They’re fine for walking and what not but need a foam midsole on a shoe if im skating.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #8556 on: February 17, 2024, 02:40:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Same feeling man. Anytime I skate 440s my feet and knees feel terrible, and I end up switching out for a shoe with an actual midsole. They’re fine for walking and what not but need a foam midsole on a shoe if im skating.

Same here....440s always felt too thin for me personally. i guess having trouble with my knee doesn't help that. if that shoe came out 10 years prior......

anyway- midsole gang!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8557 on: February 17, 2024, 07:08:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Same here....440s always felt too thin for me personally. i guess having trouble with my knee doesn't help that. if that shoe came out 10 years prior......

anyway- midsole gang!
Couldn't agree more with all of you, with that being said I got some black/gum 440 highs that I intend to skate with some FP game changers hopefully it will work fine.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8558 on: February 17, 2024, 07:37:24 AM »
those who put the fastbreak insole in their 440 his, did you stack them? Or swap them altogether?

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #8559 on: February 17, 2024, 08:22:29 AM »
those who put the fastbreak insole in their 440 his, did you stack them? Or swap them altogether?
I’d swap. Fastbreak’s insole is thicker, having both in will mess up the sizing. I’d only do that if I could go up a full size.

I’d love to try both shoes again, but don’t think my knees can handle them. Especially the Fastbreaks. They are the thinnest cupsole ever 😂

freidnly guy

• Rep: 18
« Reply #8560 on: February 17, 2024, 08:24:48 AM »
Are the 440v2s any snugger in the heel?

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #8561 on: February 17, 2024, 08:44:00 AM »
Feels like 13’s getting harder and harder to find. My local barely gets 1 in each cw/size run. Online not many shops carry.

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8562 on: February 17, 2024, 03:56:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I’d swap. Fastbreak’s insole is thicker, having both in will mess up the sizing. I’d only do that if I could go up a full size.

I’d love to try both shoes again, but don’t think my knees can handle them. Especially the Fastbreaks. They are the thinnest cupsole ever 😂

Thanks for the photo reference. I tried stacking because of how thin the 440 insoles were but will try just substitutng them out

Carter

• Rep: -1
« Reply #8563 on: February 18, 2024, 10:09:30 AM »
Are the 440v2s any snugger in the heel?
as a whole they fit snugger everywhere  in my opinion. love them but bummed the wides aren't avail yet wanted to give em a feel

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #8564 on: February 18, 2024, 10:52:04 AM »
They are, or were, pretty sure most places sold out of them almost immediately.

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #8565 on: February 20, 2024, 06:03:53 AM »
New 480 colorways on NJ site.

https://njskateshop.com/

AND the Reynolds colorway is back in stock on the NB site:
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-480/NM480V1-46050.html?dwvar_NM480V1-46050_style=NM480BOS

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #8566 on: February 20, 2024, 06:30:52 AM »

https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-480/NM480V1-46050.html?dwvar_NM480V1-46050_style=NM480BOS

Dayummm shock re-stock on the launch colorway's too?? Fml NB is bleeding me dry, too many good Numerics and MiUSA/lifestyle stuff lately.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8567 on: February 20, 2024, 07:27:14 AM »

More pictures here: https://www.undergroundskateshop.com/products/new-balance-480-trail-tan

I don’t understand the purpose of the trail numerics. They look slightly different, but not beefy enough to be actual trail shoes. And the 480s don’t even have a different sole like the 440 ones. Would love to know the thought process behind these (still gonna buy a pair).

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #8568 on: February 20, 2024, 07:34:42 AM »

More pictures here: https://www.undergroundskateshop.com/products/new-balance-480-trail-tan

I don’t understand the purpose of the trail numerics. They look slightly different, but not beefy enough to be actual trail shoes. And the 480s don’t even have a different sole like the 440 ones. Would love to know the thought process behind these (still gonna buy a pair).

Don't think it's an actual "trail" shoe like the 440 trail, but more like a hiking shoe aesthetic colorway like the GT blazer mid "ACG" from a couple of years ago

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #8569 on: February 20, 2024, 08:46:05 AM »
Those trail tan 480’s are fire. I hope it is more of an “inspired” design rather than some semi-functional trail shoe.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 45
« Reply #8570 on: February 20, 2024, 08:51:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

From what I understand the kids like this thing called “gorp core” where you wear outdoor brands but you never actually go outside. Gen Z shit. Probably chasing that trend.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8571 on: February 20, 2024, 09:55:19 AM »
boy scout uniform color way
hell nah for me
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8572 on: February 20, 2024, 10:41:40 AM »
Expand Quote

Are these the black/gum that were mentioned some posts ago? (5th slide)
[close]
must be yup. They shouldn’t have messed with the N. Just looks like a Z here in that pic.

I love that tho. Z for ZOINX yo.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8573 on: February 20, 2024, 10:45:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree. The fast breaks one of my favorites shoes but to be perfect they need a game changer insole. I'm sticking with absorb tech for ever now tho so I don't need fp anymore
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 110
« Reply #8574 on: February 20, 2024, 12:52:09 PM »

From what I understand the kids like this thing called “gorp core” where you wear outdoor brands but you never actually go outside. Gen Z shit. Probably chasing that trend.
[/quote]

So that's what gorp core means...thank you! Fucking kids.

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 5
« Reply #8575 on: February 20, 2024, 12:56:55 PM »
Any word on new 480 hightop colorways?

Sorry, I don't have IG or anything I get all my skate news from here.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #8576 on: February 20, 2024, 01:06:21 PM »

Weartested review up. Check that forefoot cushion baby (sarcasm)

Edit: the abzorb foam change is the big difference,  no matter the thickness. Favorable cushion review.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 04:41:16 AM by Daydream »

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #8577 on: February 20, 2024, 01:09:19 PM »
ugh even just a tad of midsole under the forefoot would be so good

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8578 on: February 20, 2024, 01:51:33 PM »

I really want to cut open my Reynolds since they’re about to be retired. Cause the 480s are so comfy I’ve just been wearing them daily for the past four months.

Tiltmode Army Reservist

• Rep: 22
  • RIP Ben Raemers
« Reply #8579 on: February 20, 2024, 04:48:31 PM »

The 440 V2 high had my attention (especially with the talk of a black/gum colorway coming), but after I saw that cross-section, I guess I'll think about the 480 high instead...until they do a cross section of that shoe and I get let down again.
RIP Ben Raemers