Author Topic: fourstar of fourstar  (Read 20930 times)

poowizard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
fourstar of fourstar
« on: May 12, 2016, 11:02:48 PM »
I do believe that these are the end days. I was quite sad to hear the news from a good friend and Crail Rep. Let us bow our heads.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
Re: fourstar of fourstar
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 11:09:12 PM »
IMO fourstar always had the best team, but none of the clothes worth buying... It won't change much for me, except I will miss the  fourstar trips videos.

suicidesexy

• Rep: -5
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 11:11:42 PM »
Are they finishing out 2016? Or just spring?

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 11:15:57 PM »
Not sure of the pullout date. But one sure thing is that a larger shit storm exists. With MJ leaving Lakai things can't be going well for the rest of the herd.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 11:16:46 PM »
bummer, fourstar's probably just gonna end up on nike now.

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 11:35:35 PM »
fourstar will go down as a classic company, not for the clothes, but for the team and consistently amazing tour videos.

plus the best ads

The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 11:48:26 PM »
 :'( :'( :'(

Pulling out next year? http://crailtap.com/FourstarCatalogs/FOURSTAR_HOL16_WEB.pdf

20 years is a good run
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 11:51:48 PM by castillo's curls »

imgne

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 11:49:19 PM »
IMO fourstar always had the best team, but none of the clothes worth buying... It won't change much for me, except I will miss the  fourstar trips videos.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 12:16:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Reynolds/4 Star did the bucket hat thing back in The End days. Too ahead of its time.

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 12:29:02 AM »
One of the best tour videos

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 12:56:39 AM »
Goodbye crailtap. Goodbye skateboarding. Hello sports brands

she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 85
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 01:32:09 AM »
skateboarding is so fucked... Get ready for Nike, Adidas and Mountain Dew to headline the 2020 olympic skateboard championships. All other skate companies are dead... Other than the board companies that Nike allows... I'm sorry, i'm drunk and am pissed about the news of Mj leaving lakai... but seriously, I can see it now, High school varsity skateboard teams, we let shitty sports brands take over skateboarding.

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2016, 01:36:48 AM »
this happens every decade, i doubt skateboarding will be as popular as it is now in ten years, skateboarders will reclaim the industry, core shops will survive

i'm high

doublesteveburger

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2016, 01:49:32 AM »

goodbye horses.

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 85
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2016, 01:51:27 AM »
this happens every decade, i doubt skateboarding will be as popular as it is now in ten years, skateboarders will reclaim the industry, core shops will survive

i'm high

I'm now drunker. I hope you're right. Im waiting for buffalo wild wings to hang a pair of Koston 3's on the wall.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2016, 03:32:22 AM »
Best team,
Best tour vids

Worst distro in Australia

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2016, 05:17:11 AM »

Best tour video of all-time! So bummed if the news is true, I've had quite a bit of their stuff through the years. My favourite was an artist special t-shirt with the sillouette of the Tokyo skyline.

I was actually at that demo in Tokyo. I skated all day on the Saturday, then got hammered in a club in Roppongi and bought a pill off a Columbian guy that turned out to be full of acid. Fully thought the stairs in the nightclub were flowing with water. Me and my buddy were staying in one of those capsule hotels so I had to sit about drinking beer until 8am until it had worn off enough to go to sleep in the thing. Was still pretty fucked up at the demo. It was heartbreaking, I still can't imagine a heavier team to see at a demo but it fucking rained. At least we got to see BA skate. I know everyone says BA is gay but when I grabbed him for a photo he was like "watch out l'm kind of sweaty". Didn't seem that open to physical contact! Maybe he is just not into drunk ginger Scottish guys on ecstasy/acid?

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2016, 06:10:37 AM »
super champion funzone is the best video ever made.

if this is true i am beyond bummed.
good come sausage

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2016, 06:22:13 AM »

On a brighter side, kids on steroids will be able to flip their boards over a whole bunch of stairs. Next level stuff.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 906
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2016, 08:45:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Best tour video of all-time! So bummed if the news is true, I've had quite a bit of their stuff through the years. My favourite was an artist special t-shirt with the sillouette of the Tokyo skyline.

I was actually at that demo in Tokyo. I skated all day on the Saturday, then got hammered in a club in Roppongi and bought a pill off a Columbian guy that turned out to be full of acid. Fully thought the stairs in the nightclub were flowing with water. Me and my buddy were staying in one of those capsule hotels so I had to sit about drinking beer until 8am until it had worn off enough to go to sleep in the thing. Was still pretty fucked up at the demo. It was heartbreaking, I still can't imagine a heavier team to see at a demo but it fucking rained. At least we got to see BA skate. I know everyone says BA is gay but when I grabbed him for a photo he was like "watch out l'm kind of sweaty". Didn't seem that open to physical contact! Maybe he is just not into drunk ginger Scottish guys on ecstasy/acid?

I think gay people are also self conscious of when they are sweaty dude. Sounds like he was just being a decent human being.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 09:30:28 AM »
skateboarding is so fucked... Get ready for Nike, Adidas and Mountain Dew to headline the 2020 olympic skateboard championships. All other skate companies are dead... Other than the board companies that Nike allows... I'm sorry, i'm drunk and am pissed about the news of Mj leaving lakai... but seriously, I can see it now, High school varsity skateboard teams, we let shitty sports brands take over skateboarding.

That's kind of sick that you're drunk right now. I wish I was drunk.

Also I know this happens every 10 years, but I think this is the one. We pushed so hard to get over this wall and make skateboarding big, and now we finally got over the wall. The Dam has broken and I think skateboarding is here to stay. It is a mainstream activity now, like snowboarding. It won't die again. It will probably shrink and grow cyclically, just like everything does, but we won't see a bottoming out of skateboarding like we saw in decades prior.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3376
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2016, 09:32:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I think gay people are also self conscious of when they are sweaty dude. Sounds like he was just being a decent human being.

NO gay people are at their most comfortable when they're drenched in sweat and grossing everybody out.

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2016, 10:25:11 AM »
Honestly im bummed that this might be true. Fourstar is one of my favorite companies. Hopefully crailtap doesn't go under.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 10:26:58 AM by Green Bastard »

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2016, 10:52:32 AM »
^Hahahahah!  Seriously though, so much bummer going on with Crailtap.

SUPER CHAMPION FUNZONE!!!  The best.

For whatever reason this Gonz extra in Super Champion Funzone is my favorite Gonz clip.
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2016, 11:29:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If I were gay that would be my go to. BA must be frigid.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2016, 11:32:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

goodbye horses.

Haha. I laughed.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2016, 11:35:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Reynolds/4 Star did the bucket hat thing back in The End days. Too ahead of its time.
You don't honestly think that 1998 was the first time a bucket hat was worn in skateboarding or popular culture do you? It goes in and out of fashion in cycles.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2016, 12:28:41 PM »
They make decent stuff, might have to cop some shit if this is really true.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3376
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2016, 12:31:30 PM »
They make decent stuff, might have to cop some shit if this is really true.

Agreed. I don't understand the problem with their quality...it's a 50$ pair of pants/shirt. I thought the quality was fine.

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2016, 12:33:39 PM »

fav fourstar ad

RIP