Author Topic: Eric Koston SB pro model  (Read 17619 times)

Kirtap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 15
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Eric Koston SB pro model
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2010, 11:11:15 PM »
I wanted a fuckin basketball shoe

Me too!

This is how his pro model should've looked like. I made this when I first heard that Koston was on Nike. A bad shop, I know. But you get the idea.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 12:51:23 AM »
Right here:

i think this is the best colorway i've seen of the P-Rod 4. what's with the red logo on the back though? is it the same colorway as this one from SPoT?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 12:59:38 AM »
^^^
Akuma edition.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 01:03:52 AM »
^^^
Akuma edition.

damn Tate, you respond quick! thanks for the heads up. i thought this shoe was mad ugly at first, but i think i'm actually diggin' these blue colorways with the black soles. first they put out a Ryu dunk and now an Akuma P-Rod. that's pretty sick. are all the PR4's gonna start @ $85?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2010, 01:11:17 AM »
^^^
P rod 4 lows are $80 and P rod 4 highs are $95. Box Price
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2010, 01:47:13 AM »
thanks for the info. this shoe looks ok in darker colorways with a black sole. slightly reminds me of that airwalk inspired chrome ball dunk high that came out not too long ago (mainly the outersole.)  the plastic thing on the side/back looked weird to me at first, but i've gotten used to it. how do you think it'll compare to a Salazar, performance wise & how you feel about them overall, Tate?

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2010, 01:55:07 AM »
it would be so awesome if eric would just put out a simple, cheap shoe. you know, like  a non(or small)-profit-shoe for him. i mean, he is on nike now, in street league, boardsales and other stuff are sure to keep the paychecks coming and all.

lisa sure has gotten enough braces by now.

spare change

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2010, 07:26:45 AM »
I would think someone like koston who has been heavily into designing shoes over the years and has been an avid collector would be into doing something unique.He did the semi crappy lakai select already,his colorway of the dunk incorporated some new aspects like a softer durometer sole and heel cups.Skateboarding has enough low end price point shoes.Nike wants to explore the technical aspect or skate footwear and they have the resources to do it right.Not everyone wants a cardboard $39.99 flimsy shoe.I'm not a nike "fan" but I'm curious to see what they come up with.

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2010, 09:19:30 AM »
I like how everyone is whining about prices but still buys dylan's shoe.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2010, 03:30:35 PM »
I'd surely get these over P-rod 4's.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2010, 04:28:41 PM »
basically its an FP with a lunar insole, suede and a skyposite looking swoosh that the prod 4s have. it has tpu injected into the toecap for  durability like the salazar. the lunar insole is some nasa shit that absorbs shock really good and gives you really good boardfeel and grip taken from nike running. the upper is basically the FP which is the presto which is kinda like flywire so the upper is really snug. the laceholes are set higher up so the laces dont get blown out and then I guess they put a blanket o suede over it so people dont notice anything and it looks like a normal shoe and they put fake stitches on the toe for aesthetics like in the salazar. its 85 because of how long itll supposedly last.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 607
    • Community Push avatar image
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2010, 07:31:54 PM »
They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers...BUT WHAT'S THE REAL COST, CAUSE THE SNEAKERS DON'T SEEM THAT MUCH CHEAPER. Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids...WHAT ARE YOUR OVERHEADS?

Agreed. And disappointed that there are no American made skate shoes that I'm aware of.

Whatever the case, I'm interested to see what Koston comes up with. Those aren't the best pictures.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2010, 07:54:32 PM »
They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers...BUT WHAT'S THE REAL COST, CAUSE THE SNEAKERS DON'T SEEM THAT MUCH CHEAPER. Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids...WHAT ARE YOUR OVERHEADS?
There's a man lying in the street someone chopped off his head, and I'm the only one that stopped to see if he's dead. Oooh turns out he's dead.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2010, 10:11:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agreed. And disappointed that there are no American made skate shoes that I'm aware of.

Whatever the case, I'm interested to see what Koston comes up with. Those aren't the best pictures.

I know they aren't the best pics, but usually samples pics like in the catalogs are the final production pair. It's a long way till June. So a lot of things can change with the shoe.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2010, 12:12:07 PM »
The Nike Dunk Custom Series Highs and Lows he crafted with a special outsole compound offered a significant upgrade, so when we scooped you last week on Eric Koston?s upcoming Nike SB signature, you knew it?d be unique.  The Nike SB Zoom Eric Koston One has a sleek, low-profile look somewhere in between the Zoom Bruin SB and Paul Rodriguez? new P-Rod 4, with a splash of the retired Zoom FC thrown in for good measure.  Its upper mostly comprised of one piece of suede, the Zoom Koston One features a two-piece outsole that hides what might be the shoe?s most important feature.  The Zoom Eric Koston One?s insole is unlike anything we?ve seen from the typically-flat skate shoe market, offering a highly cushioned LunarLon heel cup that resembles an olympic weightlifter?s shoe at profile.  Check out more shots after the jump and stick with Sneaker News for updates on Eric Koston?s first Nike SB sig shoe.  via SparkTheLa

Twig88

• Rep: 10
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2010, 12:32:20 PM »
This is one of the only shoes i've seen that might make me consider taking a break from the Busenitz. See if Nike can finally put a decently supportive heel cup in something.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2010, 12:39:16 PM »
That sole reminds me of the Wenning shoe he had on DC. Shit looks dope though and can't wait for the other colorways.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2010, 02:26:40 PM »
That sole reminds me of the Wenning shoe he had on DC. Shit looks dope though and can't wait for the other colorways.

kushismycologne

• Rep: -1
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2010, 02:52:41 PM »
this shoe should be interesting.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2010, 02:57:31 PM »
That profile pic of the blue one makes the Kostons look way beefier then they are. The bottom ones look slimmy as fuck.

And his colorways are kind of odd so far. Blue one straight matches the Golden State Warriors jersey. I am sure a Laker colorway is in the works.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

hesh life

• Rep: 3
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2010, 03:26:31 PM »
i like them

sprayTAN101

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • thats a sweet tan bro.
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2010, 03:33:15 PM »
cup sole is good news, and the black colorway looks pretty shredable!

"lifestyle scorpion dude..."

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2010, 04:21:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

pretty much but with nike tech in it.  im a little puzzled why they referenced olympic weightlifters. the use of it was most likely inspired by kobes, hyperdunks or federers tennis shoe.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Rep: 10000
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2010, 04:32:46 PM »
Capitalism at its finest.
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2010, 04:36:13 PM »

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2010, 05:14:18 PM »
The Nike Dunk Custom Series Highs and Lows he crafted with a special outsole compound offered a significant upgrade, so when we scooped you last week on Eric Koston?s upcoming Nike SB signature, you knew it?d be unique.  The Nike SB Zoom Eric Koston One has a sleek, low-profile look somewhere in between the Zoom Bruin SB and Paul Rodriguez? new P-Rod 4, with a splash of the retired Zoom FC thrown in for good measure.  Its upper mostly comprised of one piece of suede, the Zoom Koston One features a two-piece outsole that hides what might be the shoe?s most important feature.  The Zoom Eric Koston One?s insole is unlike anything we?ve seen from the typically-flat skate shoe market, offering a highly cushioned LunarLon heel cup that resembles an olympic weightlifter?s shoe at profile.  Check out more shots after the jump and stick with Sneaker News for updates on Eric Koston?s first Nike SB sig shoe.  via SparkTheLa

ive held some of the nike running shoes with that lunarlite sole, those are ridiculously lightweight. if this "lunarlon" is anywhere near that weight, i'll definitely give them a shot.

gnz

• Rep: 26
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2010, 05:34:12 PM »
Terrified to give these a try... looks like they could end up being a costly addiction. 

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2010, 06:01:46 PM »
I was hoping he would bring back the es-koston 1/ c1rca-muska style shoe back, not liking  these steez.

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2010, 06:45:22 PM »
$85USD MSRP translates to anywhere from $100-$120CAD...bummed.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2010, 06:59:29 PM »
look good, i want a pair to jump down shit
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.