Author Topic: Times you have felt "not cool" around other skaters  (Read 9262 times)

letsdancebro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
Re: Times you have felt "not cool" around other skaters
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2021, 10:29:25 AM »
na, some dude was gonna gun for me once but caught my eyes n decided better. i just asking u sound like a asshole bro.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2021, 11:30:25 AM »
hc shows r odd, i like em but where n why do everyone do that dancing style, not dance but like fightin air. i just be g walkin to the drums n shit,hc drums r fire, but the hc peeps dont dance to the rythm. why people do that? is it monkey see monkey copy thing?
a great poet once said, "why is the sky blue? why is water wet? why did judas rat to the romans while jesus slept?"

in all seriousness it's a long story that runs from 70s punks doing stuff like the pogo and skanking, and it runs up through all kinds of regional and stylistic variations today.

maybe i have an NY/NJ bias but I think most of the karate mosh you're talking about is from people who learned it from videos like this

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 534
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2021, 01:08:03 PM »
I've always felt this way. It's so ingrained in me that I just assume everyone thinks I'm not cool, especially now that I'm old, so in a weird way it doesn't bother me.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2021, 01:20:20 PM »
when i see idiots with their shiteating grins rolling about or casually leaving their trash or whooping at this and that im glad im not friends with them. shit is cringe. then the whole ig thing why oh why didnt you like or comment or check my story or give me filmer credits for some pointless phone clip. insufferable idiots. i dont care if theye 18 or 40 the same level of cringe can be found at all ages

Landmine

• Rep: 185
« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2021, 02:26:30 PM »
So basically none of us feel cool or have ever felt cool

No wonder we were dorky outcasts that started skating

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2021, 03:35:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
being 44 and never gotten back to my original level (which was already not so great back then), when i started again a couple of years back after a 15 years hiatus, i feel kinda uncool quite a lot. I must look like living our some midlife-crisis with my worn out dickies and old hardcore band shirts struggling with the slappy curb. but i try to ignore that feeling. It's way too cool to be still skating and doing stupid stuff on a wooden toy.
[close]

I wish I‘d have kept my HC shirts. No idea what happened to them  >:(
[close]

I just bought reprints like every midlife-crisis dad would do … besides an OG unbroken "life.love.regret." and a charles bronson shirt – all my shirts from the 90s vanished somewhere.
[close]

I only have a triple xxxl Wide Awake shirt and a triple xxxl The Crucified shirt left but as I shed some pounds I can’t wear them anymore. Too large even for 90s goofy boy standards  >:(

Might have to cop some reprints  ;D
[close]

fuck. that's huge
[close]
I still have a ton of early 00s HC and "skramz" shirts but they're all size small because "screamo midriff" was the hot look back then. I'm actually smaller in the torso now than I was back then, but I am not currently interested in showing off my hip bones the way I used to be.

Maybe if the 00's revival starts kicking off heavy in a few years... but probably not. Having lived through both extra-baggy and extra-tight trends, I kinda feel like I learned my lesson and only want to wear practical, normal-size clothes anymore.

Should I just sell them on eBay?
[close]

What kinda screamo/hardcore shirts we talking here and why haven’t you been in the hardcore thread?!
[close]

i didn't know there was a hardcore thread tbh, i don't follow the other boards here that closely. i also feel a little like i 'outgrew' hardcore and i'm now way more into metal and industrial/experimental music. but i'd be lying if i said i didn't still crank some earth crisis on an almost weekly basis.

as for the shirts... they're like a lot of third-tier robotic empire/level plane style bands who toured the northeast but are basically forgotten (except for the crazy skramz zoomers who run obsessive IG/FB accounts), definitely a hot cross shirt, planes mistaken for stars, blood brothers. Some actual HC stuff too, especially local NJ bands from the time like Seasick and Hellhole. Might still have a Floorpunch shirt, which is one that people actually remember/care about. Idk, think this stuff would be worth anything?

There are definitively paying some dollar for things like a blood brothers shirt. Though I'd think that a floorpunch shirt sells for a lot more.

Good to see some late 90s/early 00s "Screamo" people here. I guess I need to head over to the hardcore thread.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 257
« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2021, 05:31:13 AM »
I feel i could add more to this thread if it was titled “Times you felt cool around other skaters”.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

biaherl

• Rep: 268
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2021, 08:52:02 AM »
Somewhere on the Slapveres someone said that they hate it when people walk up to a spot with their boards in hand instead of skating to it all pumped.

Since then I walk to every spot

sketchyrider

« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2021, 08:56:26 AM »
Somewhere on the Slapveres someone said that they hate it when people walk up to a spot with their boards in hand instead of skating to it all pumped.

would need like 58mm 95a wheels to be doing this

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2021, 03:48:53 PM »

if its even slightly uphill especially postsesh im definitely walking unless its like 1 block. even then maybe if the mood calls for a walk