Author Topic: Do you look down on grown men who are trash at skating?  (Read 9200 times)

Old SadFat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: Do you look down on grown men who are trash at skating?
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2024, 12:20:32 PM »
Expand Quote
What is this shit? Bait for everyone past the age of thirty to tell the world about how nice and approachable you all are? Fuck that this is bitch shit. C'mon tell the world how you really feel!

I might be smiling 'hellos' up front but it's a lie. As soon as I see you I'm judging and beleive me I'm a hard critic. I'm judging your fat ass each and everytime you tictac to try and keep your balance. Every failed awkward ollie, every half hearted attempt at a flip I see it all and can tell much you fucking suck. Now and back when you deluded yourself into thinking you were 'good'.
I see how you look around desperate for approval because you got chronic peter pan syndrome and don't know how to grow up. I see how your fat gut flops out over the top of your pants, cos you think your a 34 but the elastic in your waistband is lying to you you fat bitch and your really a 38. When you ride the ramps I sing 'I'm a little teapot' to my buddies because your style is shit and you look like your a toddler dancing to a nursery rhyme. So when you hear them laughing, yea they're laughing at you.

Everything is about you is the worst and its amazing that you even bother trying. What the fuck are you doing hanging around the park at your age? Shouldn't you have kids? Oh you do and that's him/her eating grass from the dogshit side of the park? I bet you weep everytime you see a pro-neurodivergence message bc that's yours forever now and watching them fall at every milestone is 100% on you.
What's worse than having kids that hate you in your old age? Having permanent adult babies you still gotta care for when dementia comes creeping. You neglectful weed smoking fuck. I see you drinking at night alone. I see you slapping and punching your face in frustration with your lurching disaster or a life desperate to feel some kind of something instead of just being fucking numb with despair. How all you've got is debt and loneliness and self hatred. I see you pouring your heart out to strangers on the internet so desperate for companionship that you can't see that they're all laughing at you all the time. But I do! I see it all and I judge you for it harshly. 

Anyone else a vicious bubbling pool beneath the surface too?
[close]

got it thats 3 supreme quesadillas and an extra large mtn dew code red that'll be 26.77 please pull around

Hey listen man that's rude. I gots things to say and if you didn't want an honest answer then nobody should be asking any questions. You know this is the problem with this country today: Everyone asking how you are and nobody really gives a fuck about the answer except to take the opportunity to sell you some shit. All I'm saying is people will baldly say they won't judge you for sucking dick but then they catch sight of the dick you sucking and be all damn that's an ugly dick. So true lesson her is that the quality of the dick you suck reflects back on you. Don't close the window on me motherfucker I still got a burrito I need to get. Does the chicken still smell like fish in this joint? 

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2024, 12:34:11 PM »
in all seriousness don't con yourself out of a good time by feeling your skate ability is a social barrier.

when i started skating my local two years ago i was a bit intimidated at how good people were and basically didn't talk to anyone on the basis that i 'wasn't good enough' - and during that first six-eight months or so, i perceived it as a really unfriendly place. but it was totally self imposed.

all it took was to get talking with one or two people and all that faded away. now i talk to pretty much everyone and will have a nice time even if my session sucks just through giggles n shit. once you actually interact with people it's very clear the 'skate ability = social standing thing' is just paranoia. there are people who're fucking amazing that are considered kooks and vice versa. everyone prefers to hang out with someone who's sound over someone who's good at rolly stunts.

and even then, the people who are really really really good to the point that it does give them something of an aura - those people will still respect people who're shit as long as they're skating. i've had nice moments getting the odd bit of props from people who're 8trillion times better than me purely because it's a natural stoke to see someone get something that you know they couldn't do a week ago - they're just more likely to show that if you've had the odd chat beforehand.

basically not being too self conscious to talk to other skaters will likely improve your life to a fairly significant degree with little to no effort or change required on your part.

I don't judge people who suck at skating. I do, however, judge people who suck at posting. And this post sucks.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Oog

• Rep: 7
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2024, 12:52:29 PM »
Skateboarding is incredibly difficult to learn and if I didn't learn how to do it when I was a kid I probably wouldn't have the patience to learn now so I think its commendable when an adult really goes for it.

disclosed

• Rep: 184
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2024, 01:20:38 PM »
i do have a problem with people who make the excuse "they dont have time" or things along those lines because i likely have a equal or more going on in my life with 3x kids and i still make time for things i find important. maybe to a point where i can seem passive aggressive towards people possibly. i think a big part in contributing towards my mental health is sometimes how hardcore i take it because i am out in much colder temptures than likely 99% of people who skate. I am also sometimes only able to skate at like 7am or something like that - most arent willing to do it but if its the only chance i have for awhile, you bet i am taking it.

I can't stand adults who can't be on time, aren't willing to chip in for things equally/always trying to chince out on stuff, cant do anything without smoking a bowl or having a beer first etc.

i also cant stand most adults who cant drive but some i am willing to give a pass for various reasons. but if its just because you are lazy and or spent all your money on weed/coke/dumb shit and i am having to pick you up all the time, i am pissed. and also you better be ready when i come to pick you up!

damn dude. i tought you were a chill guy. wheres all this hate coming from?

Brad Wesley

• Rep: 31
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2024, 01:52:30 PM »
What is this shit? Bait for everyone past the age of thirty to tell the world about how nice and approachable you all are? Fuck that this is bitch shit. C'mon tell the world how you really feel!

I might be smiling 'hellos' up front but it's a lie. As soon as I see you I'm judging and beleive me I'm a hard critic. I'm judging your fat ass each and everytime you tictac to try and keep your balance. Every failed awkward ollie, every half hearted attempt at a flip I see it all and can tell much you fucking suck. Now and back when you deluded yourself into thinking you were 'good'.
I see how you look around desperate for approval because you got chronic peter pan syndrome and don't know how to grow up. I see how your fat gut flops out over the top of your pants, cos you think your a 34 but the elastic in your waistband is lying to you you fat bitch and your really a 38. When you ride the ramps I sing 'I'm a little teapot' to my buddies because your style is shit and you look like your a toddler dancing to a nursery rhyme. So when you hear them laughing, yea they're laughing at you.

Everything is about you is the worst and its amazing that you even bother trying. What the fuck are you doing hanging around the park at your age? Shouldn't you have kids? Oh you do and that's him/her eating grass from the dogshit side of the park? I bet you weep everytime you see a pro-neurodivergence message bc that's yours forever now and watching them fall at every milestone is 100% on you.
What's worse than having kids that hate you in your old age? Having permanent adult babies you still gotta care for when dementia comes creeping. You neglectful weed smoking fuck. I see you drinking at night alone. I see you slapping and punching your face in frustration with your lurching disaster or a life desperate to feel some kind of something instead of just being fucking numb with despair. How all you've got is debt and loneliness and self hatred. I see you pouring your heart out to strangers on the internet so desperate for companionship that you can't see that they're all laughing at you all the time. But I do! I see it all and I judge you for it harshly. 

There are so many old skaters at the park on any given day, if I had to spend the energy to imagine a scathing takedown for each and every one of them I'd end up like Rust Cohle in True Detective.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2024, 01:52:58 PM »
If you’re a skater you really shouldn’t be judging anyone. Even if you’re amazing, some “normal” adults will look at you like you’re a loser for still playing with a wooden toy.

It’s not as common or respected as cycling or running. Most folks don’t view it as exercise. They’ll just see you as someone wasting time, a stereotypical skater.

Just watch any video part. Pedestrians can see one of the best skaters in the world, someone like Ishod, do something insane and just stand there like 🥱

No one outside a small niche gives a shit.

Old SadFat

« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2024, 02:15:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There are so many old skaters at the park on any given day, if I had to spend the energy to imagine a scathing takedown for each and every one of them I'd end up like Rust Cohle in True Detective.

Oh come on now don't flash a little tit and then get all coy. Have a little chemically induced flashback and tell us about the worst offender. Not good to keep it bottled up you know.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2024, 02:53:06 PM »
Holy shit guys let the old man play with his silly toy, he's not gonna snake your spot on Violet.....

Not everyone who skates is a skater, they're just someone who skateboards that doesn't take this shit nearly as seriously as you do, and that's okay

SO

either be nice or neutral;

shut the fuck up;

or

Talk enough shit to his face to kook him out of the park forever, ya fence sitting pricks

Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2024, 08:23:41 PM »
Holy shit guys let the old man play with his silly toy, he's not gonna snake your spot on Violet.....

Not everyone who skates is a skater, they're just someone who skateboards that doesn't take this shit nearly as seriously as you do, and that's okay

SO

either be nice or neutral;

shut the fuck up;

or

Talk enough shit to his face to kook him out of the park forever, ya fence sitting pricks

gnar

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2024, 05:33:37 AM »
No because I am an old man with literally zero skills on the board. I’m also at the point where I will give anyone at my local props if they are ripping within, or above, their own skill level which is something that was hard in the beginning considering the era I grew up in…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

one-off

• Rep: 108
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2024, 07:27:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

we have reached 8K HD 240 FPS ultra slo mo levels of hating

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2024, 08:01:04 AM »
Expand Quote
i do have a problem with people who make the excuse "they dont have time" or things along those lines because i likely have a equal or more going on in my life with 3x kids and i still make time for things i find important. maybe to a point where i can seem passive aggressive towards people possibly. i think a big part in contributing towards my mental health is sometimes how hardcore i take it because i am out in much colder temptures than likely 99% of people who skate. I am also sometimes only able to skate at like 7am or something like that - most arent willing to do it but if its the only chance i have for awhile, you bet i am taking it.

I can't stand adults who can't be on time, aren't willing to chip in for things equally/always trying to chince out on stuff, cant do anything without smoking a bowl or having a beer first etc.

i also cant stand most adults who cant drive but some i am willing to give a pass for various reasons. but if its just because you are lazy and or spent all your money on weed/coke/dumb shit and i am having to pick you up all the time, i am pissed. and also you better be ready when i come to pick you up!
[close]

lol sorry it came off that way
a lot of people dont drive for various reasons and that doesnt bother me, its moreso these guys who are like 30+ who still live at home and totally have the ability to use their parents vehicle even but they just cant be bothered to get their liscense.

i have very limited time so i cant really fuck around too much
it really takes a lot of my time away to pick people up, smoke bowls first, or have to wait until after lunch time cause you are too hungover to move if my window is only a few hours to skate. so i guess it comes off like asshole but i think its just part of being a normal adult if you ask me...? especially just being on time when you say you are going to be / communicating.

BubbaBobaFet

• Rep: -8
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2024, 08:29:25 AM »
I havent interacted with a single person at my skatepark in the 4 years since I’ve taken it up again because I can barely front 180 and assume no one wants to talk to me. I feel thoroughly emasculated whenever I struggle with some simple ass flat ground trick as a 29 year old while Carlisle Aikens or something is noseblunting a picnic table right across from me

My only saving grace is that I’ve always had good balance and a solid push due to muscle memory from my youth, but I was chubby and uncoordinated so I wasn’t good at much else. Even back then I was isolating myself and feeling ashamed about my skill level at 14 years old, thinking I was washed because I didn’t start at 8 years old
well if you greeted everyone at the park with a "What'd ya hear? What'd ya say?" I think you get a better reaction and possibly fuel that 143 to a 180 in no time. 

Old SadFat

« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2024, 09:42:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

we have reached 8K HD 240 FPS ultra slo mo levels of hating

Why thank you! It is so nice to be appreciated. I work very hard at 'brewing up' my hatred to a proper old school mental hospital recipe. Then I spew it out precisely where nobody asked for it; kids xmas play, nan's sheltered accomodation, wife's work. Apparently I'm making a bit of a name for myself locally on nextdoor which is nice. :)   

disclosed

• Rep: 184
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2024, 01:26:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

lol sorry it came off that way
a lot of people dont drive for various reasons and that doesnt bother me, its moreso these guys who are like 30+ who still live at home and totally have the ability to use their parents vehicle even but they just cant be bothered to get their liscense.

i have very limited time so i cant really fuck around too much
it really takes a lot of my time away to pick people up, smoke bowls first, or have to wait until after lunch time cause you are too hungover to move if my window is only a few hours to skate. so i guess it comes off like asshole but i think its just part of being a normal adult if you ask me...? especially just being on time when you say you are going to be / communicating.

the punctual stuff i agree with. never an excuse to allways show up late.

my best friend hasnt been able to skate at all for 6 months now. loads of trouble with work, family and the house that soak up any time he has. before it was already hard to plan a session. but since his wifes burnout skating is over.

most people i know (including me) who dont drive try to be considerate when they bum a ride. meet at the drivers house or a place along the route. maybe thats cultural difrence from where i live.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • sup dog
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2024, 04:53:33 PM »

Ahhh yes. There’s the self loathing hate I’ve been missing. It really takes me back to when I first started skating as a teenager, and skating was my escape from reality.

Thank you, Fat.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

Old SadFat

« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2024, 05:01:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Ahhh yes. There’s the self loathing hate I’ve been missing. It really takes me back to when I first started skating as a teenager, and skating was my escape from reality.

Thank you, Fat.

You are most welcome homie. Anytime you want reminding of some trauma you thought you were over just call and yah mo b there.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2024, 08:09:46 AM »
yeah if someone is in like a situation i know they have no chance to drive i will 100% go out of my way to get them
one time i said yo i am gonna be there right at 11. I showed up at 10:55, texted him and said "i am here", then he messaged back at like 11:10 saying "word out in a sec" then came out at 11:20 , and we had like probably 1+ hrs of driving in each direction ahead of us and i wanted to be back for dinner time...

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3371
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2024, 08:26:14 AM »
yeah if someone is in like a situation i know they have no chance to drive i will 100% go out of my way to get them
one time i said yo i am gonna be there right at 11. I showed up at 10:55, texted him and said "i am here", then he messaged back at like 11:10 saying "word out in a sec" then came out at 11:20 , and we had like probably 1+ hrs of driving in each direction ahead of us and i wanted to be back for dinner time...

This person would get a big lecture from me and never another ride. Fuck that shit.

@bolts_the_snowman on IG

• Rep: -133
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2024, 10:59:24 AM »
Y’all are hypocrites

work_lurker

• Rep: 97
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2024, 12:10:43 PM »
I look down on skaters in general
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2024, 12:15:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

got it thats 3 supreme quesadillas and an extra large mtn dew code red that'll be 26.77 please pull around
[close]

Hey listen man that's rude. I gots things to say and if you didn't want an honest answer then nobody should be asking any questions. You know this is the problem with this country today: Everyone asking how you are and nobody really gives a fuck about the answer except to take the opportunity to sell you some shit. All I'm saying is people will baldly say they won't judge you for sucking dick but then they catch sight of the dick you sucking and be all damn that's an ugly dick. So true lesson her is that the quality of the dick you suck reflects back on you. Don't close the window on me motherfucker I still got a burrito I need to get. Does the chicken still smell like fish in this joint?

I might be smiling 'hellos' up front but it's a lie. As soon as I see you I'm judging and beleive me I'm a hard critic

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2024, 01:55:26 PM »
If I'm out skating with grown men who are trash at skating, and I'm standing at the top of a set of stairs and they're at the bottom and we're talking to each other, then yeah I look down on grown men who are trash at skating.

Ninj2

• Rep: -99
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2024, 08:21:22 PM »
Anikin Skywalker became Darth Vader when he was 23. Straight up Sith Lord grown man shit. wut you doing? Crying in slap about gen x and boomers. Foo that whole shit about how generations is so different and blah blah blah is just some shit dick heads like Ken lay made up to sell you shit you don’t need.

frtzgn95

« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2024, 11:55:29 AM »
man, i am 28 and i live a place i think an american can't imagine, i am a creep even for high school kids, there is no skater here, don't ask for skate park. high school kids are thrash talking to me when they see me in parking lot.

i am an earthquake victim. i am f*kin so alone in this city. and i started to skate last year. i had to do something to directing my energy and having fun, so i started skating. and believe me i am talking with my friends on phone and even they are loughing at me, seeing me as a manchild. i suck at skating rn and still trying. winter is almost over, so i will go skating more after today, weather is good. anyways, i just learn the proper ollie after months, i can barely manual and i am just fighting myself everday to accomplish these things coz there is noone cheering or give me encouragement, i just need to believe myself and figure (why i am suck) out on my own. and i am not giving up coz this shit is fun. this is what can i say, keep shredding coz this shit is fun. f*k em all...

CocoSantiagosKitten

« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2024, 12:38:41 PM »
Observe the flow of traffic, give props when people make stuff, be basically decent to people (but don't talk TOO too much), and get out of the way when you fall. That's the baseline of what's expected of you. Nobody cares if you're good comparatively to other skaters, but as long as you're not behaving like a kook you'll get props for what you can do. Go have fun.

astro

« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2024, 01:44:07 PM »
you think about yourself too much

TerryFunk

• Rep: 9
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2024, 09:10:11 AM »
Observe the flow of traffic, give props when people make stuff, be basically decent to people (but don't talk TOO too much), and get out of the way when you fall. That's the baseline of what's expected of you. Nobody cares if you're good comparatively to other skaters, but as long as you're not behaving like a kook you'll get props for what you can do. Go have fun.

Pretty much sums it up.

Banned from the room

« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2024, 09:14:26 AM »
Cops get it. Several times these ASSHOLIEANS try to parley. Oh "I used to skate"

The only thing to do is view them obviously from head to toe and back again. Scratch your balls. Look deeply into their cold dead eyes and say

No you didn't. Let um know that Mickey is the only pig skater in history that is internationally recognized and only because Dustin likes him.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • sup dog
« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2024, 09:24:46 AM »
Okay… but what if the fall down and Owie is just too much to move and get out of the way quickly?

Does that get sympathy, or do we just need to roll over and get out of the way and moan off to the side?
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.