Author Topic: ZERO x DGK US SUMMER TOUR...  (Read 59096 times)

Greg Ostertag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 47
  • Trabajo sucio
Re: ZERO x DGK US SUMMER TOUR...
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2011, 01:27:07 AM »
PICK HIM UP AND HAVE HIM AND STEVIE SLAPBOX!
DO IT FOR THE MONSTER ENERGY DRINK GENERATION!
Cold Ghengis

tobal

• Rep: -11
« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2011, 07:58:31 AM »
"Pick a hater" is that part of the tour concept ? ;-)

« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2011, 08:53:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
At the demo in Phoenix Jamie got real pissed that they wouldn't give Kalis free food from the concession stand haha.
[close]

haha; I didn't get pissed! it's just seemed crazy to charge the pros for water and snacks at a demo...

[close]
You should of catered the demo(s) with zero/shit you own money and wrote it off as a business expense homeboy.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2011, 10:49:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
At the demo in Phoenix Jamie got real pissed that they wouldn't give Kalis free food from the concession stand haha.
[close]

haha; I didn't get pissed! it's just seemed crazy to charge the pros for water and snacks at a demo...

[close]
You should of catered the demo(s) with zero/shit you own money and wrote it off as a business expense homeboy.

wow, you're dropping knowledge; thanks homeboy!!
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

Hexagon

« Reply #154 on: July 17, 2011, 11:09:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

it was meant to be a joke, ain't no free lunch, homeboy. perhaps i can join the corporate end of your brands with such practical knowledge i'm dropping on you... any openings? i can save you bills while delivering inferior products wait... you already do that. damn.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 04:53:09 PM by Hexagon »

blutters

• Rep: -1
« Reply #155 on: July 17, 2011, 11:22:18 AM »
you mean i didn't have to go to econ 101 to learn tinstaafl?  Can slap help me with the difference between the sunk cost fallacy and the sunk cost dilemma?  I have trouble seeing the difference.

Marty Mcfly

• Rep: 40
« Reply #156 on: July 17, 2011, 11:40:21 AM »
Yo K, you remember the procedure right? JT's suppose to offer you a hotdog, if not it's unfair and throw tantrum on the internet later.

Pro Baby Yeah!

Hexagon

« Reply #157 on: July 17, 2011, 02:07:11 PM »
Yo K, you remember the procedure right? JT's suppose to offer you a hotdog, if not it's unfair and throw tantrum on the internet later.

your enemy is an etch-a-sketch, martin.

wait... asking well paid pro's to pay for something is crazy. damn... while buying bullshit things like luxury cars or bandanas can suck up a lot of cash. you know a bag of doritos and a dasani can really set you back quite a bit. while you're there doing the same thing to watch the "STARS". get fuckin' real you dick riding chode. it's not like they're a state sports team actually drawing revenue for said state. shallow self interest doesn't impress me nor does it allow entitlement.

it's a business venture (i.e. promotion) and i make a wise crack in a less than serious manner and you're assuming ass thinks that i'm ungrateful for a tour that didn't even roll through my town.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 02:19:38 PM by Hexagon »

« Reply #158 on: July 17, 2011, 05:13:55 PM »
"luxury cars or bandanas"

that truley made me laugh out loud. props.

jay

• Rep: -80
« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2011, 06:11:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wait... asking well paid pro's to pay for something is crazy. damn... while buying bullshit things like luxury cars or bandanas can suck up a lot of cash. you know a bag of doritos and a dasani can really set you back quite a bit. while you're there doing the same thing to watch the "STARS". get fuckin' real you dick riding chode. it's not like they're a state sports team actually drawing revenue for said state. shallow self interest doesn't impress me nor does it allow entitlement.

it's a business venture (i.e. promotion) and i make a wise crack in a less than serious manner and you're assuming ass thinks that i'm ungrateful for a tour that didn't even roll through my town.

It's about respect man, first think of how much publicity these shops are getting for hosting this tour on top of the fact that these riders are kind of like guests at the shop.  You hook up guests with free refreshments when they are busting their ass at the demo.  Doesn't seem to be a big deal to me.

blutters

• Rep: -1
« Reply #160 on: July 17, 2011, 06:17:11 PM »
It's not about respect, it's about the razor thin margins on food.  It's the promoter's fault, not some poorly paid hot dog slinger. 

Hexagon

« Reply #161 on: July 17, 2011, 06:43:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It's about respect man, first think of how much publicity these shops are getting for hosting this tour on top of the fact that these riders are kind of like guests at the shop.  You hook up guests with free refreshments when they are busting their ass at the demo.  Doesn't seem to be a big deal to me.

it really isn't a big deal, i'm just talking shit for fun. well the shop slangs the product etc... and the stops are probably have something to do with the volume of merchandise and money they make for said distributor/company. motherfuckers have money, bring a fucking jug of water and snacks is all i'm saying do what regular folks do. i guess the shop should of had spicy tuna rolls and fiji water for these stuntwood serious types.

ps... i'm joking about the fiji. spicy tuna however would be the shit... i made myself hungry. fuck.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 739
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #162 on: July 17, 2011, 06:45:26 PM »
Can you ask Stevie what it was like hanging with The Situation at manny mania?

Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #163 on: July 17, 2011, 07:52:57 PM »
i thought the 'yo k' post was a reference to when jt picced up/offered taco bell to diego
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Hexagon

« Reply #164 on: July 17, 2011, 08:08:41 PM »
Can you ask Stevie what it was like hanging with The Situation at manny mania?

i wonder what the iced coffee had to say about the sitch...

Marty Mcfly

« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2011, 08:10:05 PM »
i thought the 'yo k' post was a reference to when jt picced up/offered taco bell to diego
  It is. We Go way back and so does JT picking up slap dudes.

Pro Baby Yeah!

Hexagon

« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2011, 08:46:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  It is. We Go way back and so does JT picking up slap dudes.

for sex?

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2011, 08:56:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
progressive skatepark in atlanta? gtfo. that shits hella far outside the city. whatevs, i wasn't going anyways. fuck that shit.

k
[close]

K, 45 minutes is too far of a drive?!

[close]

for stevie "skatique" williams? yep. ask him why he doesn't get as much love in the city anymore. he knows. some heroes you just wish would've stayed in the mags/vids.

or maybe pm me. i'll tell ya if he don't.

k
[close]

yo k, we'll pick you up...

hi .. im justis

omg i just said hi to a pro so stoked

Shadow4437

• Rep: 0
« Reply #168 on: July 18, 2011, 12:39:34 AM »
Saw this today in the 505..Holy crap. The signing was awesome, I got a tour t-shirt and a grip of stickers, then went to the park to see the demo, and Zero and DGK just KILLED it. Seriously, was amazing. :D

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #169 on: July 18, 2011, 01:01:04 AM »
Saw this today in the 505..Holy crap. The signing was awesome, I got a tour t-shirt and a grip of stickers, then went to the park to see the demo, and Zero and DGK just KILLED it. Seriously, was amazing. :D

Can't wait to see the tour video
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #170 on: July 18, 2011, 10:11:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

it was meant to be a joke, ain't no free lunch, homeboy. perhaps i can join the corporate end of your brands with such practical knowledge i'm dropping on you... any openings? i can save you bills while delivering inferior products wait... you already do that. damn.

I've been to thousands of demos and gotten waters/lunches out of the deal!! I guess it is pretty Whitney Houston of me to think the water should be free at a demo.

...then you hit me with a product diss! Most of our boards are made at the same woodshop as Deluxe and Kayo and the rest are made at the best woodshop in China. I'm assuming you don't like me or the BB brands and I appreciate your cunning wit, but if your goal is to diss me, you might want to spit something real cause so far you're off the mark.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

no thanks

« Reply #171 on: July 18, 2011, 10:19:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I've been to thousands of demos and gotten waters/lunches out of the deal!! I guess it is pretty Whitney Houston of me to think the water should be free at a demo.

...then you hit me with a product diss! Most of our boards are made at the same woodshop as Deluxe and Kayo and the rest are made at the best woodshop in China. I'm assuming you don't like me or the BB brands and I appreciate your cunning wit, but if your goal is to diss me, you might want to spit something real cause so far you're off the mark.

I don't think anyone has had a good Zero/Mystery board. And don't you think saying your boards are made in "the best woodshop in China" makes you sound a bit like an oxymoron?

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: July 18, 2011, 10:21:43 AM »
Fuck Jamie Thomas.

I sure hope my wife sees this!!!

Isaiah Kemp

• Rep: 7
« Reply #173 on: July 18, 2011, 10:35:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Fuck Jamie Thomas.
[close]

I sure hope my wife sees this!!!

I giggled.

no thanks

« Reply #174 on: July 18, 2011, 10:35:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't think anyone has had a good Zero/Mystery board. And don't you think saying your boards are made in "the best woodshop in China" makes you sound a bit like an oxymoron?
[close]

haha, most of the best technology boards are made in China and they are quality; the wood is from canada and if it's a good woodshop; they're as good as any. Just like your friends Nikes or Vans...

Technology boards are good?

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #175 on: July 18, 2011, 10:39:45 AM »
deluxe wood all day for me..  actually didnt realize that some ( most? ) BB decks are made in the deluxe shop..  thats cool

Bantam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • buhgock
« Reply #176 on: July 18, 2011, 10:42:56 AM »

Can't speak for Mystery but I've never stepped on a bad Zero board in my life.  I'm riding one now and it has been one of the hands down best boards I've ever had, albeit I just broke the tail (which was my own fault, plus I've been skating the board for months on end beforehand).

Just because you have the privilege of replying to JT doesn't mean you need to try so hard at keeping the attention on you.  You're making yourself out to be twice the idiot you already are, and that's the last thing you need I assure you.  You remind me of a local park faggot that waits for the top guy there to throw away a broken board so you can go grab it and fuck yourself with it later.

Marty Mcfly

« Reply #177 on: July 18, 2011, 10:45:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

haha, most of the best technology boards are made in China and they are quality; the wood is from canada and if it's a good woodshop; they're as good as any. Just like your friends Nikes or Vans...
[close]

You know it's still four years early for hoverboards, but they try each day to make it better.

Pro Baby Yeah!

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #178 on: July 18, 2011, 10:54:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yeah, i think so.
The only ones we're making now are P2's and they feel like a normal board, but they last longer; can't see the beef w that

BraveUlysses

« Reply #179 on: July 18, 2011, 11:03:28 AM »
Aren't Mystery, Slave, and Zero wood the same? Does that mean that Slave and Mystery boards are only gonna be P2 now too? P2 boards are good and a Jon Allie board sounds pretty good right now.