Author Topic: How often do you skate?  (Read 10136 times)

Filip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
Re: How often do you skate?
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 02:50:45 PM »
Real skating, street or park, probably 2 or 3 times a week when I have time, about 3 hours each...But I try to skate flatground by myself everyday, about lunch time, If Im not working or at school, or my favourite evening sessions to play SKATE and dork around on a schoolyard 10 minutes far from my house with one or two homies.

Reev

• Rep: 4
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 01:49:52 AM »
All I can say is that I skate too rarely.  :-[

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -283
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 04:19:49 AM »
Four times a week.. Still not as much as i'd like.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2011, 09:32:29 PM »
all day today im so happy :)

Harem

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 03:52:43 PM »
Sadly, not enough. I work 5 days a week and study 2 days a week, so whenever I can, I will.

Escapist

• Rep: 2
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 01:09:18 AM »
Every day unless I'm hurt. I always make time around work and school.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 06:54:53 PM »
Since the weather has been nice, between 2 and 4 days a week between 2-5 hours depending on what is going on.  Before the weather got better it was much less frequent.  Now that there is an indoor concrete park 4 blocks from my house and I found a really sweet underground parking lot ledge rain should not be such an issue.   

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 06:39:02 AM »
usually twice a week. some night during the week and saturday always without fail. it used to be a lot more but life gets in the way. theres other stuff that has to be done unfortunately.

back in 2003 it was my new years resolution to skate every single day of the year without fail. and i did it. on january 1st despite a pretty awesome hangover I begun and continued to skate every single day until the last day of the year. twas a good year.

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2011, 06:47:51 AM »
I usually skate as often as I can, but sometimes when I had a real gnarly session where I beat myself up and did lots of good shit (for my skill level) I'll unconsciously get over it for a while. I haven't skated in over a month now (given, I've been away camping for 2 weeks and the weather has been shit the rest of the time) but I don't really feel the urge to pick up my board and start shralping. I'm going out skating later today, but I don't feel as hyped as I normally do so we'll see how it turns out.
This happens to me a few times a year, occasionally I'll just overdose a few months, skating every day and then kick it for a while to get my hype back at the normal level.

TheDonutFather

• Rep: -3
    • DOUBLE DONUTS. avatar image
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2011, 12:02:29 AM »
Maybe two hours a day, if I'm lucky. I have a stupid ass job that imprisons me from 6am to 5pm. Afterwards I roll around trying to develop a better ollie. And NOW they have me doing night shifts so by the time I get back home I'm a zombie; straight to bed. At this point I'm dying to improve and I simply don't have the time. I've had at least two dreams that i can remember where I was kick flipping with ease. I'm skating around in my dreams~DREAMS, I tell you! I need a psychiatrist.

gkn00dlez

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2011, 12:44:53 AM »
Not nearly as much as I would like. About 4 or 5 days a week but never a serious session. Usually push to get some food then maybe to a random spot and skate for about and hour then go skate flat for another hour and then go home. I live in New Orleans and if you have ever been there you can attest that the roads are literally falling apart and the spots are minimal.

Also been staying in Vermont for the summer and skateboarding does not exist here. Going out to find some hills tomorrow though so it's not all bad.

McGerb

• Rep: 0
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2011, 09:22:41 AM »
I shred ERRDAY.

I have a park 2 minutes away from my house, so unless it's raining, I normally go for atleast an hour a day.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -283
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2011, 03:25:34 AM »
I shred ERRDAY.

I have a park 2 minutes away from my house, so unless it's raining, I normally go for atleast an hour a day.

Ever get over skating the same place so much?
I go to my local park maybe 2-3 times a week, by the
time weekend rolls around i'm dying to skate something fresh.

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2011, 06:52:07 AM »
on full moons
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business