Author Topic: Skate 3  (Read 268940 times)

LazyEinstein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -138
Re: Skate 3
« Reply #1830 on: November 25, 2012, 07:39:58 AM »
EA skate dying was it's own fault.

Number 1 was sick.

Number 2 instead of improving the city and making ledges that glitched out skateable they add security and cap spots because when we go to play a game I want to have spots unskateable and have stupid ass AI stop to watch me and give me props. The fuckin AI stand in the way of sets to watch you and the longer you skate a spot the more that show up.

Number 3 was ok but instead of learning from mistakes of previous games and improving the AI, the realistic-ness of the physics, and the style of spots(i.e. size of handrails, glitching of ledges with curbs under them, etc. I could name 30 more things) they just made a new city, added extra tricks, a little better graphics to Skate 1.

How to make money and keep the game alive

They need a Skate 4 where they work on the size & steepness of handrails so you can turn out of lips on half the rails; make the physics of grinding & manualling more realistic and not have prefect balance; make a turn off fucking pedestrians and don't have them stop to give you props(you faggots don't need that shit in a game or even real life. Skate because you like it or quit); make flip tricks change depending on how you flick the controller stick.

Last they instead of new games just sell updates of major cities with their spots. (Barcelona, LA, Boston, New York, Toronto, etc.) That you can DL and add to you console. 

Some much more could be done. That is just a few things
because canadian skaters have no personality and the only people who will buy the boards are there friends and mom

brianwilson

• Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
« Reply #1831 on: December 04, 2012, 02:46:52 PM »
Skate 4.
Watch this video. Probably will be released with the next gen consoles.

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #1832 on: December 04, 2012, 03:03:14 PM »
Let's hope they improve transition/bowl skating in skate 4, I wanna be able to do legit no-comply tailslides and shit!

thugnificent

« Reply #1833 on: December 04, 2012, 03:12:02 PM »
i dont believe that video
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 03:14:05 PM by thugnificent »

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562
« Reply #1834 on: December 05, 2012, 09:40:26 AM »
meh, i'll wait till something official from ea.

i still can't get over how bad fs flips look in this game

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1835 on: December 05, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »

Number 1 was sick.

Number 2 instead of improving the city and making ledges that glitched out skateable they add security and cap spots because when we go to play a game I want to have spots unskateable and have stupid ass AI stop to watch me and give me props. The fuckin AI stand in the way of sets to watch you and the longer you skate a spot the more that show up.

Number 3 was ok but instead of learning from mistakes of previous games and improving the AI, the realistic-ness of the physics, and the style of spots(i.e. size of handrails, glitching of ledges with curbs under them, etc. I could name 30 more things) they just made a new city, added extra tricks, a little better graphics to Skate 1.

They need a Skate 4 where they work on the size & steepness of handrails so you can turn out of lips on half the rails; make the physics of grinding & manualling more realistic and not have prefect balance; make a turn off fucking pedestrians and don't have them stop to give you props(you faggots don't need that shit in a game or even real life. Skate because you like it or quit); make flip tricks change depending on how you flick the controller stick.

Last they instead of new games just sell updates of major cities with their spots. (Barcelona, LA, Boston, New York, Toronto, etc.) That you can DL and add to you console. 

I could be the only one, but I liked the Skate 1 graphics better than the skate 3 ones

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1836 on: December 05, 2012, 02:53:49 PM »
Expand Quote

Number 1 was sick.

[close]

I could be the only one, but I liked the Skate 1 graphics better than the skate 3 ones

Nope I completely agree. A skate 3 with skate 1 graphics would be insane.

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -104
« Reply #1837 on: December 06, 2012, 08:59:35 AM »
I want them to make you be able to dirtbike, and scooter, and shit like that cause thats all I want in a skateboard game homie

Jdizz

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1838 on: December 07, 2012, 05:08:35 AM »
Skate 3, vx1000 test

kmdoom

• Rep: -18
« Reply #1839 on: December 07, 2012, 03:45:23 PM »
Skate 3, vx1000 test

never, ever stop making videos. jdizz made me jizzzz

Jdizz

« Reply #1840 on: December 25, 2012, 11:43:13 PM »
Skate 3 OG vx shit right here guys! hope you guys enjoy!! p.s looks better on actual youtube.

bandini

« Reply #1841 on: December 30, 2012, 05:24:07 PM »
I'm totally happy with #3 as a game - its just a shame that they waited until no one was playing anymore to make the whole online aspect actually functional. I feel like that's what killed the momentum.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1842 on: December 30, 2012, 05:34:31 PM »
so I played skate 3 so much the disc just cracked all over and I had to buy a new copy. on the new one it has a 'all time best seller' sticker or something like that, why the fuck did they discontinue the series again?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Jdizz

« Reply #1843 on: December 31, 2012, 03:34:41 AM »
i think they stopped the series because skate 3 sold the least out of all three games, but there are rumors of a Skate 4 coming in 2013 or on nex gen i think  ;)

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #1844 on: January 01, 2013, 07:35:11 AM »
hide and seek part (skate 3)

My first edit. Constructive criticism is appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 09:33:51 AM by darkslideoftheforce »

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1845 on: January 01, 2013, 01:33:37 PM »
hide and seek part (skate 3)

My first edit. Constructive criticism is appreciated.
work on your filming, some of the angles were weird or too far away. i couldnt tell what tricks you were doing at times. and work on your musical taste cause right now its terrible, and never ever ever play that song ever again in your life.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1846 on: January 01, 2013, 02:01:26 PM »
haha I'm guessing ur under 13 and just started skating, try watching some skate videos. u never want the skater taking up less then a fifth of the height if the screen when doing a trick, use zooms and moving cameras. also don't put in tricks that are obv not what ur trying like those godawful manuals and flat tricks after lines. there was one or two good tricks in there tho

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1847 on: January 01, 2013, 02:55:18 PM »
I'm in my late twenties dude, just new to editing tricks in the game. I'll work on it though! Thanks for your opinions guys, I appreciate it.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #1848 on: January 01, 2013, 06:32:49 PM »
so I played skate 3 so much the disc just cracked all over and I had to buy a new copy. on the new one it has a 'all time best seller' sticker or something like that, why the fuck did they discontinue the series again?

im pretty sure they wanted to focus on that snowboarding game SSX

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1849 on: January 02, 2013, 07:42:19 PM »
reppin time part (Skate 3)

Made this one tonight.

Unbridled Technical Precision

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • C.H.Z.
« Reply #1850 on: January 02, 2013, 07:45:55 PM »
haha guy in his late twenties making this shit. i shouldnt laugh now because this is me in ten years. hopefully i don't listen to music like that tho.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1851 on: January 02, 2013, 08:02:09 PM »
haha theres no way he's over 12, that was hilarious. also nice how u didnt listen to any of the criticism's that u asked for. accidental tricks and tricks so far away u cant tell whats happening, way to go kid

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1852 on: January 02, 2013, 08:08:01 PM »
haha wow harsh. I was kinda psyched on it

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1853 on: January 02, 2013, 10:02:27 PM »
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1854 on: January 03, 2013, 12:39:39 AM »
What was so bad about it though?

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1855 on: January 03, 2013, 02:38:45 AM »
haha theres no way he's over 12, that was hilarious. also nice how u didnt listen to any of the criticism's that u asked for. accidental tricks and tricks so far away u cant tell whats happening, way to go kid

I did listen to the criticism's. Actually, after reading your criticism I found out about using multiple cameras etc. None of the tricks was accidental (except the slams obv). two or three of the tricks have fucked up angel and too far away, but other than those I was pretty satisfied with the filming in this one.

I also like Dipset, can't help it.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1856 on: January 03, 2013, 10:57:12 AM »
Go back into this thread and watch other dudes' videos and learn how to use the free camera.

Also, 360 flip bs blunt kickflip out on a hubba? You're really going to use that shit? Gotta put some thought into it man.

Unbridled Technical Precision

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • C.H.Z.
« Reply #1857 on: January 03, 2013, 11:03:37 AM »
Gotta put some thought into it man.

or he could just focus his account now? save a little anguish for himself and the thread? just some food for thought

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1858 on: January 03, 2013, 12:04:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Gotta put some thought into it man.
[close]

or he could just focus his account now? save a little anguish for himself and the thread? just some food for thought

An option worth exploring.

RockForLight

• Rep: 26
« Reply #1859 on: January 03, 2013, 11:39:26 PM »

The same shit happened to me and I had to buy the $20 version too. Now my skate 2 disk is starting to crack and peel at the center after playing that during the time my skate 3 disk was fucked. I'm wondering if it has to do with my xbox overheating, bad luck or the purposeful manufacturing of disks that self destruct over time.