Author Topic: Skate 3  (Read 268857 times)

police state

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skate 3
« Reply #1890 on: January 23, 2013, 06:51:25 PM »
yup.  dont play em as a result
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

Dummbert

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1891 on: January 23, 2013, 07:01:28 PM »
Is it just me or was Skate 1 the ultimate game?

2 had the walking feature and some nice spots, but the tricks and the graphic looked a little bit too comic-like.
3 has hardcore mode, but not being able to change the district without travel mode was the dumbest idea ever.

if only 1 had walking and hardcore...

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1892 on: January 23, 2013, 10:50:26 PM »
Are the skate.parks choppy for you guys in skate 3?
i dont have this problem at all, is it only when you play online?
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #1893 on: January 24, 2013, 01:25:56 AM »
Me neither. It was choppy awhile back, but the last few months it's been running smooth. I thought they made a patch for it or something. I play on xbox btw.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1894 on: January 24, 2013, 01:31:56 AM »

I got bored out of my mind some days ago and picked up 1 again, realized that game don't have the high angel, played 2 instead. 2 is by far the best city/spot wise imo. 

thugnificent

« Reply #1895 on: January 24, 2013, 11:25:31 AM »
Is it just me or was Skate 1 the ultimate game?

2 had the walking feature and some nice spots, but the tricks and the graphic looked a little bit too comic-like.
3 has hardcore mode, but not being able to change the district without travel mode was the dumbest idea ever.

if the districts weren't split up in 3 the frame rate would have suffered greatly and the load time between spot markers would be like skate 1

1 is great but its painful to play after playing skate 3. the character response is just too slow

kmdoom

• Rep: -18
« Reply #1896 on: January 24, 2013, 12:10:25 PM »

worked really hard on this

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1897 on: January 24, 2013, 01:28:43 PM »
good stuff dude. where's the rail at :46?

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1898 on: January 24, 2013, 03:33:26 PM »
good stuff dude. where's the rail at :46?

That's across from Kube Towers or whatever.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1899 on: January 24, 2013, 10:22:25 PM »

good tricks and filming, rad song too.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1900 on: January 25, 2013, 11:12:01 AM »
Expand Quote
^^Thanks dude! About the switch stance; is it more to it than just mirrored flick controls? Do you mean like when set up for switch you can lock it into fakie?? 
[close]
yea the controls are mirrored, but you can't push switch. to make it kinda lock in and not stay crouched, when you do a 180 or whatever push the joystick all the way up then bring it back down about halfway, almost like a manual and you will stay in switch but stand more straight up, then you just bring the joystick back up to crouch and do your trick. does that make sense? it works for fakie too just pull the joystick down then back to the mannualish position and you will stand straight. let me know if that helps. someone else explained it some pages back too i believe.

Thanx man, didn't know about this!

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1901 on: January 26, 2013, 07:21:28 AM »
throwaway/leftovers (skate 3)

some clips that didn't make it into the last one

foureyedjim

« Reply #1902 on: January 26, 2013, 11:08:28 AM »
an even older one, back when I didn't know what camera to use at first
I like some of this stuff actually

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1903 on: January 27, 2013, 03:47:54 AM »
my last post was stupid and lazy so i deleted it

darkslide: your nosegrinds are looking way better, i really like the switch flip 5-0 down the rail and the switch back 3 last trick.

foureyedjim: i like the way the 360 flip nose manny was filmed, the backlip to curb disaster at :53 was hella sick and i like the crooked grind 360 out

i got a new video rendering right now on vimeo so hopefully i'll post it tomorrow, or today or whatever. so check back!

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1904 on: January 27, 2013, 10:01:33 PM »
I need to get this game Again, was there ever word as to skate 4?
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

foureyedjim

« Reply #1905 on: January 27, 2013, 11:36:46 PM »
thanks tangar!

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1906 on: January 28, 2013, 01:32:56 AM »
^^Yeah, thanx for the feedback Tangar!

Some good stuff in your vid foureyedjim, especially the already mentioned bs lip to curb disaster. 

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #1907 on: January 28, 2013, 05:37:48 AM »
I can't do a feeble grind for the life of me. Also, it's impossible to do most flip tricks out of tailslide or bluntslide. if you lock into a tail or blunt slude, take you fingers off the sticks then try and do a 360 flip for example, it's impossible.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1908 on: January 28, 2013, 06:25:57 AM »
^^When you have the i.e. a tailslide locked in, you can let go of the stick and it will stay locked in, then you can do whatever flip out. did that make sense? (my english is kinda halfass)

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1909 on: January 29, 2013, 02:02:54 AM »

I'm posting this from my phone so hopefully it shows up, these were just some random clips I had stacked up. I kinda rushed to find a song that fit the length but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I randomly came across this billy stewart song while looking thru oldies on youtube. im gonna work on an all real life spots part next and I'm open to having other people have parts too, to make it a vid. or even if someone just wants to have a few guest tricks. so hit me up if you wanna get in on it. Let me know what you dudes think of this one too.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1910 on: January 29, 2013, 11:54:39 PM »
That was good dude, alot of dope stuff and nice song selection. Digged the line in the beginning with the hippy jump and switch bs flip over the fence, really liked the filming in your lines and tranny stuff. The "ollie-up" thing at 0:38, any tips on how you do that? Looked awesome. Sw nosegrind flip out to bank at 1:16 looked really good.

I'm down for having a part or some tricks in your vid man, let me know.

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1911 on: January 30, 2013, 09:04:33 AM »

I'm posting this from my phone so hopefully it shows up, these were just some random clips I had stacked up. I kinda rushed to find a song that fit the length but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I randomly came across this billy stewart song while looking thru oldies on youtube. im gonna work on an all real life spots part next and I'm open to having other people have parts too, to make it a vid. or even if someone just wants to have a few guest tricks. so hit me up if you wanna get in on it. Let me know what you dudes think of this one too.
Dude this video was insane. Im down to film with you. I play on xbox btw

kmdoom

« Reply #1912 on: January 30, 2013, 10:24:15 AM »

yes dude, yes. I want in on this vid, i'll send you clips if you're interested

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1913 on: January 30, 2013, 10:40:13 AM »
Also, where is the bank spot at 1:16?

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #1914 on: January 30, 2013, 09:26:36 PM »

Fantastic style. I can tell that you put some time into it.
MF Doom is always a solid choice.

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #1915 on: January 31, 2013, 01:41:17 PM »

line at 1:43 was sick!

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1916 on: January 31, 2013, 04:21:12 PM »
This, and also don't play on easy man. nothing is impressive on easy. seriously great production tho, filming and editing both
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

kmdoom

« Reply #1917 on: January 31, 2013, 06:51:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Fantastic style. I can tell that you put some time into it.
MF Doom is always a solid choice.

much appreciated

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1918 on: February 01, 2013, 12:44:55 PM »
That was good dude, alot of dope stuff and nice song selection. Digged the line in the beginning with the hippy jump and switch bs flip over the fence, really liked the filming in your lines and tranny stuff. The "ollie-up" thing at 0:38, any tips on how you do that? Looked awesome. Sw nosegrind flip out to bank at 1:16 looked really good.

thanks man, the one over the fence was a sw back heel, the way you do that wallie at :38 is all in the timing, that one is banked so it makes it a little easier but you can do it on straighter walls if you just time it right. the nosegrind your talking about was regular but its on an ungrindable ledge so thats why it looks a little different.

Expand Quote
[close]
This, and also don't play on easy man. nothing is impressive on easy. seriously great production tho, filming and editing both
that spot is by the brewery area i think when i get back home ill find it and give a more detailed description, icenine your breaking my heart man, i never film anything on easy but for some reason that stupid watermark shows up sometimes. ive mentioned it on here before and some other people have the same problem. but trust me everything was filmed on hardcore so i hope your more impressed now haha.

thanks man.

and to everyone that wants to be in the vid, remember its going to be all REAL LIFE SPOTS so i'm gonna be using a lot of created parks, so how about everyone post some links to some good CAP REAL SPOTS. ill post some once i get back home but you dudes feel free to share some of your favorites now. i got tons but i cant get to them till im back home. depending on how much stuff we get ill either break it into parts for everyone or maybe into sections by location i.e. how the krook3d video was.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:47:35 PM by tangar »

krookedjuice

• Rep: 31
« Reply #1919 on: February 01, 2013, 07:18:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
thanks man, the one over the fence was a sw back heel, the way you do that wallie at :38 is all in the timing, that one is banked so it makes it a little easier but you can do it on straighter walls if you just time it right. the nosegrind your talking about was regular but its on an ungrindable ledge so thats why it looks a little different.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
that spot is by the brewery area i think when i get back home ill find it and give a more detailed description, icenine your breaking my heart man, i never film anything on easy but for some reason that stupid watermark shows up sometimes. ive mentioned it on here before and some other people have the same problem. but trust me everything was filmed on hardcore so i hope your more impressed now haha.

Expand Quote
[close]
thanks man.

and to everyone that wants to be in the vid, remember its going to be all REAL LIFE SPOTS so i'm gonna be using a lot of created parks, so how about everyone post some links to some good CAP REAL SPOTS. ill post some once i get back home but you dudes feel free to share some of your favorites now. i got tons but i cant get to them till im back home. depending on how much stuff we get ill either break it into parts for everyone or maybe into sections by location i.e. how the krook3d video was.

when do you need the clips by? I may want to get in on this. It's been so long since I've "filmed" in skate 3.