Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1887442 times)

SOTY

Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #19500 on: April 01, 2018, 09:35:01 AM »
Either have a brainstem tumour, MS, or some sort of nerve problem. Canadian healthcare sucks and I have to wait until April 27th for an MRI. One of my eyes is crossed inwards giving me double vision and I’m losing sensation in my neck. I told the ophthalmologist I was scared and didn’t think I could wait until late April and she told me her father had to wait 6months to get cancer removed from his abdomen and “we all deal with this”. Basically gave me prism glasses so I could see without double vision and told me it’s unfortunate but to wait for the MRI. Doctors seem cold, they say things so casually “you’ve been spoken to about MS? We need to start ruling things out” the neurologist talks into his recording device about “brainstem lesions”. I waited three months for that appointment and it went nowhere, she told me I need to see the neuro-ophthalmologist not her and he will call me when he has a cancellation (there are only three in the entire province of Ontario). So why did I have to wait three months to see her instead of him? Because you can only get to him through her. Now I wait a month for an MRI. Whose it unfortunate for? Not for them. Starting to get really angry, basically defeated really. The doctors here really do not seem to care at all. I have been waiting four months and can’t even get a diagnoses and my body is wearing down. I can’t go back to the emergency room because I’ve already gone 9 times this month and they won’t admit me, I went yesterday because my arm started to tremble slightly, after waiting 9 hours the internist who referred me to the ophthalmologist three months ago told me there’s no point admitting me because there’s no way to do an MRI and they already have beds down the hallways. Everything moves so slow, the hospital is crowded. everybody seems over-worked and apathetic. I am losing feeling in my neck and arm. This health care system is a joke. I don’t even have an option to pay for an MRI sooner because it’s illegal. The hospitals are crowded with people because there’s 5 year wait lists to get a family doctor, so people have to go to the emergency room to see a doctor. I am out of options. Just sit and deteriorate until April 27th. Probably longer cause that’s just for the MRI. I’ve been an opiate addict since 2013, I don’t want to do them anymore and I dunno how to go through withdrawals along with everything else going on, I dunno if they are playing a part in making this worse but I’ve had so many blood tests I feel they would have found that. I can’t seem to see a doctor for long enough to explain, they are so rushed and they take months of waiting to see. Should I go to the Emergency and ask for detox help? The detox I find are 30 days, but I have tons of doctors appointments I have been waiting Months for, including to go pick up my prism glasses next week so I can see. I can’t go away for 30 days. Who should I call? What do I do? I am a very sick person.
Did you ever speak to some type of social worker and/or therapist? I know you're describing physical health issues but from the sounds of it all you can do is wait? Maybe you could use another angle for the time being?

shark tits

« Reply #19501 on: April 01, 2018, 10:03:46 AM »
you in a city rumpel?
catch a 3 day methadone detox. i'm in a blue state so if you don't have a job you get free welfare insurance. what opiates you on?

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #19502 on: April 01, 2018, 11:20:04 AM »
Not stoked on Jason lee's photography, dude charges crazy prices for his work. He's a hack and his photos are easy to create.
  Maybe they'd be easy for you to create but for him it's an art dalliance, apres pro athletic carreer and apres Hollywood career (so he prolly sucks at using a camera).  He's 'cultured' and has the Dosheki beard now to go with it.  -That's what your getting for the money.   Its hard for your average artist to provide all that so it's not so much skill based, sorry.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #19503 on: April 01, 2018, 11:38:23 PM »
in a super intense academic program for Clinical Lab Science and I'm about to lose it.  Its a structured program, so I have to take 17 hours a semester for the next year and a half...its something like 12 different classes at once this semester.  I have school every day from 8-5, then i have to somehow get home to study until midnight at least.  The teachers suck, the other students suck, and I'm really burnt out.  I probably going to flunk out or quit, but I don't know what I'm going to do if that happens. 

sprained my ankle walking up my back steps and have to wear a boot until it heals.  can barely walk and can't skate until god knows when.

i owe the IRS a shitload of money this year.

i've developed "feelings" for someone close to me that I shouldn't have, and telling her would really fuck things up; i'm probably going to do something really stupid and ruin everything
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 11:41:03 PM by augustmoon »
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #19504 on: April 02, 2018, 01:50:48 AM »
^^^
Do you have personal schedule of designated time? Might help manage time to study after classes
When it comes to studying simply learning things by repetition is ineffective. By connecting certain processes to daily routine or thinking of weird connections helps learn things better and because there is another way of recalling things it helps.

Taking a bio psych course and we had to memorize certain structures so friends and I broke it down, The rhinal fissure sounds like the Rhine River and some rivers lead you to a hippo(campus) and Hippos share them with rhinos (interrhinal cortex)
Also, never forget to make time for yourself
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

morningcommute

« Reply #19505 on: April 02, 2018, 03:15:06 AM »
Skating the local spot where there's always tons of tramps and sketchy locals that don't really fuck with your shit. One sketchy looking guy was lurking then walks away and one of my buddies said he was carrying a bag and everyone check their shit and no one notices anything missing.

Then this guy I've never met before comes back from taking a piss and says he's bag is gone. A few guys broke out to look for him and couldn't see him. Then he comes walkin back with no bag and one of our crew says that's him and confronts him Konston style and I go over and he's denying it so I hold him and he struggles so I took him to the ground and he says "It's in the yellow van" so I say to walk is to it and he gets feisty and I don't know if he's got a knife or a needle then he ducks out under a train station barrier.

We look around and I find the bag in the front seat of an unlocked yellow van but when the guy who's bag it was checks his phone, wallet, camera and keys aren't there.

I tried patting him down when we were wrestling but didn't feel anything but now I feel like shit for not holding him and I'm annoyed that other than the first dude no one else stepped in but a realise most didn't realise what was happening. Fuck.

Cops were called and I said to them when he got wiley I didn't want to scrap in case I caught an assault charge and they said as kind as didn't wail on him it would have been all good so now I feel even worse.

you live in London, England right?
what spot was it?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #19506 on: April 02, 2018, 03:49:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Skating the local spot where there's always tons of tramps and sketchy locals that don't really fuck with your shit. One sketchy looking guy was lurking then walks away and one of my buddies said he was carrying a bag and everyone check their shit and no one notices anything missing.

Then this guy I've never met before comes back from taking a piss and says he's bag is gone. A few guys broke out to look for him and couldn't see him. Then he comes walkin back with no bag and one of our crew says that's him and confronts him Konston style and I go over and he's denying it so I hold him and he struggles so I took him to the ground and he says "It's in the yellow van" so I say to walk is to it and he gets feisty and I don't know if he's got a knife or a needle then he ducks out under a train station barrier.

We look around and I find the bag in the front seat of an unlocked yellow van but when the guy who's bag it was checks his phone, wallet, camera and keys aren't there.

I tried patting him down when we were wrestling but didn't feel anything but now I feel like shit for not holding him and I'm annoyed that other than the first dude no one else stepped in but a realise most didn't realise what was happening. Fuck.

Cops were called and I said to them when he got wiley I didn't want to scrap in case I caught an assault charge and they said as kind as didn't wail on him it would have been all good so now I feel even worse.
[close]

you live in London, England right?
what spot was it?
Queens Road Peckham.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #19507 on: April 02, 2018, 09:00:23 AM »
Might have gotten a little too drunk last night and might've made out with a friend. Trying to forget about it.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #19508 on: April 02, 2018, 10:11:31 AM »
girlfriend did all the tests.

Results are due tomorrow. Please send positive vibes, that there are no complications etc.

don't want to lose her :(

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #19509 on: April 02, 2018, 10:32:48 AM »
hoping the best for you both, man.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #19510 on: April 02, 2018, 11:22:20 AM »
all the best for you and your girl

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #19511 on: April 02, 2018, 11:41:04 AM »
Godspeed for you and your girl, DR. Wishing for the best.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

shark tits

« Reply #19512 on: April 02, 2018, 11:44:44 AM »
she's cute, good luck to yuz!

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1213
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #19513 on: April 02, 2018, 12:22:52 PM »
All the best to you both DR, if you feel comfortable doing so please keep us updated. We're all hoping for good news, I'm sure.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Grind King Rims

« Reply #19514 on: April 02, 2018, 03:41:41 PM »
Best wishes for you both DR. <3 keep the faith

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19515 on: April 02, 2018, 04:06:34 PM »
Thanks a lot dudes.
really really appreciate it.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #19516 on: April 02, 2018, 05:44:32 PM »
wishing you both the best mate!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #19517 on: April 02, 2018, 07:05:29 PM »
Sending positive vibes dood!
Gentleman ninja warlock

doublesteveburger

« Reply #19518 on: April 02, 2018, 08:43:06 PM »
Wow, What a smile. Best of luck, Distant!

Spaghetti Croc69

• Rep: -10
« Reply #19519 on: April 03, 2018, 05:55:21 AM »
Best of luck to you and your lady, DR.

School has now caused some shit in my neck/shoulder and I cant move the fucking thing.. Went to the chiropractor yesterday and it helped a bit but jesus christ... Im so fucking tired of wasting every god damn day sitting at a desk. All this wasted time and at this point i definitely dont want to be an engineer.. sick.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #19520 on: April 03, 2018, 06:45:24 AM »

School has now caused some shit in my neck/shoulder and I cant move the fucking thing.. Went to the chiropractor yesterday and it helped a bit but jesus christ... Im so fucking tired of wasting every god damn day sitting at a desk. All this wasted time and at this point i definitely dont want to be an engineer.. sick.

Can you get a stand up desk to work at? Some people might think they're stupid, but I got one because of my neck and shoulders and it's better than sitting down all day. I have a higher chair that I sit on if I get tired of standing. Maybe try that out and some CBD oil and remember to get up and move around if you get sore.

And what was it that pushed you towards engineering in the first place? What do you want to do? What do you like to do? There's always ways to push yourself towards where you want to go in life, it's just finding out where you want to be and what you want to be doing. And it's usually never easy, but nothing will ever change if you don't try.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #19521 on: April 03, 2018, 08:42:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Can you get a stand up desk to work at? Some people might think they're stupid, but I got one because of my neck and shoulders and it's better than sitting down all day. I have a higher chair that I sit on if I get tired of standing. Maybe try that out and some CBD oil and remember to get up and move around if you get sore.

And what was it that pushed you towards engineering in the first place? What do you want to do? What do you like to do? There's always ways to push yourself towards where you want to go in life, it's just finding out where you want to be and what you want to be doing. And it's usually never easy, but nothing will ever change if you don't try.

Nothing to add to this but JB is on the money . Stick it out dood!
Gentleman ninja warlock

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #19522 on: April 03, 2018, 09:54:37 AM »
Sending positive vibes to you DR and hope everything works out for you and you girl.  :-*

So my wife has finally found her long lost dad that left her when she was around 3. She's always talked about him and always wanted to find him just to get closure. Turns out he's been dead for 2 years which is a bummer but she could only feel so sad for a guy that abandoned her for what turned out to be 2 families after her. A whirlwind of emotions. To top it off she found out about her dads side of the family that are from Antigua and her grandfather from New York. Turns out her grandfather also passed away a year ago and apparently had a house in the Bronx that some "caretakers" were taken advantage of and living in his property rent free since he passed. Because he never left a will the house was just there for anyone to take advantage of since he lived his last few years with dementia and was away from family. After talking to a a lawyer and finding out she's next of kin to inherit her grandfathers property in New York and apparently some properties in Antigua shes been feeling bittersweet about the whole process. What I'm not stoked on is some of this new family we've met. Although half of them have been great and welcoming the other half feels like we came in to profit off of her grandfathers loss and thinks we only came into the picture to cash in which wasn't the case. We've already have gotten into an argument with her fathers widow because she thought she would get the inheritance because she was married to his son but because he died before the grandfather and there's no will she doesn't get anything. The whole situation is jacked to say the least.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 01:06:54 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

Spaghetti Croc69

• Rep: -10
« Reply #19523 on: April 03, 2018, 10:49:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nothing to add to this but JB is on the money . Stick it out dood!

Kind of a long story but basically theres been a lot of changes in the department since ive been a student at UWyo and theyve shit on me multiple times. I should be graduating in May but they did some regular shit with the schedules. Like they changed certain classes to being only held in the fall or spring and then didnt hold them. For example, comm theory is now fall only BUT they didnt teach it this last fall. So now ill be here another semester to take it. Another thing is that I was able to take electronics 1 but then the following semester they didnt hold electronics 2. So it fucked me out of all the classes that electronics 2 is a pre/coreq for.

Ive always wanted one of those standing desks but never pulled teh trigger. And I have no idea what I want to do with this degree now. The one area that Im really interested in isnt really taught here. Theyve got one RF course but thats it. Had I known about any of this I would have spent the extra dough and went somewhere else but its also going to be nice to graduate with almost no debt (UWyo is practically free for in state). I also get really bad seasonal depression and the winters here are so fucked. I just need a change of scenery.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19524 on: April 03, 2018, 12:09:12 PM »
Just came home. Tough day. Very tough day.

Tumor was bigger than expected and rubbed off on the nearby glands. Bad news.
Chance of becoming parents git even smaller. Bad news.

Chemotherapy will start on the 16th of april.

A tough few weeks/months ahead.

Lifting weights and skateboarding is all Imhave. All my friends love hours away from me. Bad news.

F*ck this. Sorry for cursing.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #19525 on: April 03, 2018, 12:12:17 PM »
Just came home. Tough day. Very tough day.

Tumor was bigger than expected and rubbed off on the nearby glands. Bad news.
Chance of becoming parents git even smaller. Bad news.

Chemotherapy will start on the 16th of april.

A tough few weeks/months ahead.

Lifting weights and skateboarding is all Imhave. All my friends love hours away from me. Bad news.

F*ck this. Sorry for cursing.

We'll let the cursing slide on this one.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #19526 on: April 03, 2018, 12:15:36 PM »
Stay up man. Wishing the best for you two

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19527 on: April 03, 2018, 12:28:31 PM »
Thx dudes...

Absolutely gutted :-(

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #19528 on: April 03, 2018, 12:52:36 PM »
Sending positive vibes, Slap is here for support
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #19529 on: April 03, 2018, 02:43:17 PM »
Youtube shooting :/