Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1887190 times)

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #21420 on: November 07, 2019, 01:30:03 PM »
Seasonal Affective Disorder has me in some dark places right now... I want to talk to my wife about it, but I also don't want to frighten her or make her feel like she can't handle it... I don't know what to do, Pals.

I know what you mean, but talk to her about it sooner than later. She's your wife. If anyone has your back, it should be her (I'm sure she does). If you can't say everything you need to, go talk to a therapist. The worst thing you can do is not say whats on your mind.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #21421 on: November 07, 2019, 01:35:35 PM »
Seasonal Affective Disorder has me in some dark places right now... I want to talk to my wife about it, but I also don't want to frighten her or make her feel like she can't handle it... I don't know what to do, Pals.
It gets better to talk about shit and I get how you you might not want to talk with your wife or whatnot sometimes it's good to ask for a hug.

I know it sounds dumb but it really helps if you are feeling like shit for no reason or another. Kinda like Bob in fight club sometimes a hug really does help she asks why just hold closer they seem to love a vulnerable men especially when we are quiet.

Yu Dum

« Reply #21422 on: November 07, 2019, 01:54:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It gets better to talk about shit and I get how you you might not want to talk with your wife or whatnot sometimes it's good to ask for a hug.

I know it sounds dumb but it really helps if you are feeling like shit for no reason or another. Kinda like Bob in fight club sometimes a hug really does help she asks why just hold closer they seem to love a vulnerable men especially when we are quiet.
You are both right. I can trust her and she does have my back. I just don't want to overwhelm her when she has her own problems, ya know? We've only been married a little over a month and I don't want her to feel like that's a factor because that is the LAST thing that would be a factor.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #21423 on: November 07, 2019, 02:00:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know what you mean, but talk to her about it sooner than later. She's your wife. If anyone has your back, it should be her (I'm sure she does). If you can't say everything you need to, go talk to a therapist. The worst thing you can do is not say whats on your mind.
Exactly what he said. Sometimes as a guy you feel like a woman can’t handle your issues, but the truth is they can and they want to. When you don’t tell them they notice something is off and if you don’t communicate they think it’s them. I am just now learning this shit.

Yu Dum

« Reply #21424 on: November 07, 2019, 02:19:56 PM »
You guys are right. I need to bring the proverbial walls down and let her know that I'm not doing so well.
Thanks, guys. Being a newlywed is something I never thought I'd experience. It's nice to know that I have a little bit of guidance through this.

shucknjive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -39
« Reply #21425 on: November 07, 2019, 02:21:17 PM »
wink = str8 2 da NBA
mArLeY

randy

• Rep: -20
« Reply #21426 on: November 07, 2019, 02:28:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Exactly what he said. Sometimes as a guy you feel like a woman can’t handle your issues, but the truth is they can and they want to. When you don’t tell them they notice something is off and if you don’t communicate they think it’s them. I am just now learning this shit.
Going through exactly the same thing.  I can nearly time it after a lot of lost years. As soon as my car is frozen in the morning my mood drops through the floor.  Already called in sick. But I know it’s meds’ time again. Not worth the torture I put myself and anyone around me through. I hate it so much but I can do something to help it. Try to tell people what is going on. Things get so much darker if you keep it all inside. Good luck man.  You’re definitely not alone.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21427 on: November 07, 2019, 04:07:40 PM »
An old coworker/friend/nicest dude ever has been missing for over a week. Last seen leaving a bar at 3 am. He has a medical condition that renders him unable to walk if not taken care of properly. Injured in Afghanistan veteran who would jokingly call himself a cyborg because has this futuristic leg thing that he literally has to charge daily to allow him to walk (after about a year in a wheelchair)

It’s sad and weird. Logically, he’s dead. His family isn’t saying it though they’re posting about hoping he “walks through that door”. Suicide or dying some terrible way because his legs stopped working seem more realistic than him running off somewhere. Cops have searched rivers and woods for him twice, he’s just gone.

Happiest most upbeat war veteran you’ve ever met. Not even 30 years old. was trying to do stand up with his corny ass dad jokes lol. Did a whole lot for my life by getting me my current job.

So fucking depressing I don’t even know why I’m posting this.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #21428 on: November 07, 2019, 04:31:09 PM »
sometimes it's good to ask for a hug.

This. I have a hard time taking about my feelings too. I know I said that it's good to talk, but sometimes it's hard to even come up with something to say. Sometimes I just feel down and can't even figure out why. Just asking for a hug let's my wife know that I'm having a hard time, but that I don't really know how to explain it. 

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #21429 on: November 07, 2019, 04:37:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My hand has been broken for a week and I they still haven't cleared a fucking referral for me to get this shit properly looked at. I have to type 9 hours a goddamn day with a boxers fracture.
[close]
you should at least splint the finger with bad knuckle up against the next finger. Might make typing hard but worth it. I had thta happen while i was on crutches for different injury, didn’t go to dr for it for like a year and it healed wrong. They said if i had splinted it it would be fine. It’s not that bad but i wish i took care of it
[close]
Good info. Should just buy a new brace with a finger splint I guess.

Is it your 5th matacarsal? Broke mine last year and after the cast I rehabbed it in a splint that holds your pinky and ring finger. I was in a cast for about 6 weeks.

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #21430 on: November 07, 2019, 04:39:35 PM »
An old coworker/friend/nicest dude ever has been missing for over a week. Last seen leaving a bar at 3 am. He has a medical condition that renders him unable to walk if not taken care of properly. Injured in Afghanistan veteran who would jokingly call himself a cyborg because has this futuristic leg thing that he literally has to charge daily to allow him to walk (after about a year in a wheelchair)

It’s sad and weird. Logically, he’s dead. His family isn’t saying it though they’re posting about hoping he “walks through that door”. Suicide or dying some terrible way because his legs stopped working seem more realistic than him running off somewhere. Cops have searched rivers and woods for him twice, he’s just gone.

Happiest most upbeat war veteran you’ve ever met. Not even 30 years old. was trying to do stand up with his corny ass dad jokes lol. Did a whole lot for my life by getting me my current job.

Heavy stuff

Do you remember any comments he may have made about places or people of interest?

There's a world of possibilities both positive and negative
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21431 on: November 07, 2019, 04:46:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Heavy stuff

Do you remember any comments he may have made about places or people of interest?

There's a world of possibilities both positive and negative

Not really. I knew him here in NYC and he was over it and always wanted to move back to Iowa where he’s from. He and his girl in NY eventually broke up and he packed his shit up and moved back. He sounded happy there to me when we texted. Same old goofy ass dude. It’d be naive to believe he wasn’t bummed by his medical situation, he couldn’t feel his dick, as he would often remind us, but from the outside he’s the epitome of a positive outlook kinda dude.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 04:51:45 PM by VHS ERA »

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #21432 on: November 07, 2019, 05:06:56 PM »
I love seeing the positivity you all show. I love you all as a whole!
But yes, f the stereotypes, it's okay for a man to feel upset and we should be able to reach out for support.

To add on, a kid at work told me he didn't know why but he wanted to cry, sadly didn't have time to talk him through his emotions and I think Karma got me back. My charger refuses to charge my laptop and I caught a stomach bug.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #21433 on: November 08, 2019, 06:09:21 AM »
I get being tough on yourself as that’s the only person who can see who you really are but it’s a great place for asking for help whenever you are vulnerable.

Ladies do help and give a common ground for you to rationalize your feelings, I know it sounds like gossip talk but being direct and staying focused on however you are feeling really let’s you feel like your not alone.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #21434 on: November 08, 2019, 08:26:03 AM »
But yes, f the stereotypes, it's okay for a man to feel upset and we should be able to reach out for support.

To add on, a kid at work told me he didn't know why but he wanted to cry, sadly didn't have time to talk him through his emotions and I think Karma got me back. My charger refuses to charge my laptop and I caught a stomach bug.

Shit man, what could you have said though? Life is hard? Obviously not but I mean, I used to work with kids and I don’t know what I would say to one if they told me that.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21435 on: November 08, 2019, 04:05:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Shit man, what could you have said though? Life is hard? Obviously not but I mean, I used to work with kids and I don’t know what I would say to one if they told me that.

Not sure, but I feel that just holding place would help. Just have them explain how they feel and maybe help them understand that it may be puberty or at least let them air it out. Some kids get worried parents may respond negatively or they themselves aren't very open to mental health stuff so, letting them talk it out can help.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #21436 on: November 09, 2019, 06:27:37 AM »
It’s kinda stupid but I’m nearly 30 and passed out past my train stop and now have to wait to catch a ride back the other way

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21437 on: November 09, 2019, 06:37:49 AM »
It’s kinda stupid but I’m nearly 30 and passed out past my train stop and now have to wait to catch a ride back the other way

Eh, my aunt had her daughter at 30. It's fine, I personally plan to have kids past 30. Just to really have time to be irresponsible with an SO

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #21438 on: November 09, 2019, 07:06:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Eh, my aunt had her daughter at 30. It's fine, I personally plan to have kids past 30. Just to really have time to be irresponsible with an SO
what the hell does any of that have to do w/ ol boy sleeping through his train stop?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21439 on: November 09, 2019, 09:49:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
what the hell does any of that have to do w/ ol boy sleeping through his train stop?

Oh fuck. I thought he wrote he missed his train. It's a saying I've heard to describe a certain time period someone should have started a family

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #21440 on: November 09, 2019, 02:09:45 PM »
Nah just a drunk dumbass who fell asleep on a train

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21441 on: November 09, 2019, 06:24:43 PM »
I was supposed to go on a date tonight but the chick canceled on me.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #21442 on: November 10, 2019, 09:24:11 AM »
That’s lame , will you try again or you already deleted her number ? Did she give a decent excuse ?

Rick_Kane

« Reply #21443 on: November 10, 2019, 12:23:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Oh fuck. I thought he wrote he missed his train. It's a saying I've heard to describe a certain time period someone should have started a family

Wow

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #21444 on: November 10, 2019, 09:30:39 PM »
Need to get more footy for the Fancy Lad video, getting way too cold to enjoy skating outside , know I'm gonna hate any footy i get if im not enjoying the process, hopefully i get something in texas this month

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #21445 on: November 11, 2019, 02:49:36 AM »
Im going to Laos to see my gf in January.  Shes organizing nature trails being constructed there and other shit.  Ive never been Asia.  Edit wrong thread
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 02:59:32 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21446 on: November 11, 2019, 10:53:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That’s lame , will you try again or you already deleted her number ? Did she give a decent excuse ?
She told me she was sick and lost her voice. I'll probably try again and see what happens.

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #21447 on: November 11, 2019, 11:15:31 AM »
Im going to Laos to see my gf in January.  Shes organizing nature trails being constructed there and other shit.  Ive never been Asia.  Edit wrong thread
have fun there, gary glitter!

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21448 on: November 11, 2019, 12:44:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
She told me she was sick and lost her voice. I'll probably try again and see what happens.

I hope good luck to both of you!

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #21449 on: November 11, 2019, 12:55:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
have fun there, gary glitter!
hah!    kay so theres other reasons to go to Asia like surfing or my future life partner.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"