Author Topic: The Bunt Podcast Thread  (Read 97566 times)

pabloalvarado

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
Re: The Bunt Podcast Thread (this week w/ Mark Appleyard)
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2017, 12:17:06 PM »
So Mark Appleyard is still on Element; working on a videopart to drop later this year.

And hes into kids stuff cause hes a dad now. At what point this guy become a boring adult ?!  ::)

Anyway, hes also working on a create a clothing company; hope thats something tight. Hes all time favorite !

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2017, 04:07:07 PM »
Appleyard claims he hasn't won contests in this interview but he did in fact win the under 16 in a thing I organised at Slot Machine in Grimsby back in 97 or so.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2017, 09:58:27 AM »
Fire show.

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2017, 10:51:51 AM »
Anyway, hes also working on a create a clothing company; hope thats something tight.

based on what he said in this interview, that's quite a stretch

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2017, 03:02:28 PM »
on another note, is it weird that a company like Globe still exists, let alone has a team that it pays regularly?

where do they sell Globe? do they do any videos or ads?

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2017, 06:41:20 PM »
on another note, is it weird that a company like Globe still exists, let alone has a team that it pays regularly?

where do they sell Globe? do they do any videos or ads?

Surfshops. I always liked Apples Globe shoes.  8)

Actually Mark Appleyard skating on a bunch off Globe videos is pretty awesome to watch.

Dude, that song is amazing.

That other shoe that was around the time hes of Flip was also a good shoe. I liked the green ones with the One Love detail; that shoes and a hawaiian shirt. Pretty awesome.

The Mahalo is a good one. Comfy and theres a bunch of models, like the Mahalo runner here:

To be honest I dont mind Mark Appleyards shoes out on the market even in the year 2040. The guy knows whats good.   8)

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2017, 10:48:01 PM »
there are tons of wack people who are into skating, and they have money and are going to buy shit too. he markets to those people and it seems to work. see above ^^^.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -289
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2017, 04:43:22 PM »
Pretty rad that he makes enough money to buy his mum a house outright.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2017, 04:57:22 PM »
Pretty rad that he makes enough money to buy his mum a house outright.
His Mom is cool as fuck she lives in the Cayman islands and visits the Pearl frequently. Had a chance to talk with her Mark visits the islands sometimes, if he bought her a house there serious life hammer property is cripplingly expensive. Coldwell Banker KY still sends me their quarterly reports I'm looking at one right now lol

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1284
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2017, 07:35:40 AM »
Appleyard claims he hasn't won contests in this interview but he did in fact win the under 16 in a thing I organised at Slot Machine in Grimsby back in 97 or so.
i've heard some crazy rumours about why that place closed down and normally i'd question it but niagara region is a weird fucking place. do you know anything about why it closed down? 
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2017, 04:03:39 PM »
Loving this since I recently moved and have a longer drive to work now! Can someone explain (going back I know) the supra stuff in the Stevie episode you guys are talking about, must have missed something?

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
Re: The Bunt Podcast Thread (this week w/ Mike McDermott)
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2017, 11:20:03 AM »
Stoked this week's episode has one of my top 5 all time skaters McD:
https://soundcloud.com/thebuntlive/the-bunt-s03-episode-6-ft-mike-mcdermott-i-didnt-start-my-own-company-and-turn-myself-pro

Maybe the best episode ever? The J Lee stories and some of the shit talk is amazing.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 12:17:08 PM by Sold Out »

Statebird

• Rep: 47
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2017, 11:36:28 AM »
https://soundcloud.com/thebuntlive/the-bunt-s03-episode-6-ft-mike-mcdermott-i-didnt-start-my-own-company-and-turn-myself-pro

some good stories in this episode, J Lee one was amazing, really good episode.

Lots of shots fired too ahah

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2017, 12:59:49 PM »
Expand Quote

some good stories in this episode, J Lee one was amazing, really good episode.

Lots of shots fired too ahah

This was hilarious, I agree on the J Lee story, so good. As someone who's sees and skates with mike it hilarious to see he held nothing back on this.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2017, 01:15:35 PM »
To good.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2017, 01:27:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i've heard some crazy rumours about why that place closed down and normally i'd question it but niagara region is a weird fucking place. do you know anything about why it closed down? 
i am pretty sure they were running hard drugs out of there, I can't be specific. I do remember the owner having blonde dreads. It was a pretty sweet park, used to see mark causally destroy it .
I got second  place  appleyard in two contest growing up, which I considered a huge win, the gap between him and the rest of us was obviously unreal.
seeing him skate as a kid really put skateboarding into perspective for me.

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2017, 03:14:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
i am pretty sure they were running hard drugs out of there, I can't be specific. I do remember the owner having blonde dreads. It was a pretty sweet park, used to see mark causally destroy it .
I got second  place  appleyard in two contest growing up, which I considered a huge win, the gap between him and the rest of us was obviously unreal.

The owner's name was Zack and he did have blonde dreads. He lived in this huge pool house on his wife's parent's property which was on the lake in Grimsby. The rumour I heard was the Zack and his wife got charged with kidnapping and assault after putting someone in the trunk of the car and stabbing him. Zack would often slip out the skatepark around the same time two huge men would come in asking for him. A couple of years after the park shut down I saw him doing road clean up in a jump suit. We made eye contact but didn't speak. His blonde dreads were gone by that point. I remember being pretty bummed on him for keeping a bunch of product that a sponsor for that contest sent up to us late after I'd done all of the leg work to set up the event. FUCK YOU, ZACK!

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2017, 04:11:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

The owner's name was Zack and he did have blonde dreads. He lived in this huge pool house on his wife's parent's property which was on the lake in Grimsby. The rumour I heard was the Zack and his wife got charged with kidnapping and assault after putting someone in the trunk of the car and stabbing him. Zack would often slip out the skatepark around the same time two huge men would come in asking for him. A couple of years after the park shut down I saw him doing road clean up in a jump suit. We made eye contact but didn't speak. His blonde dreads were gone by that point. I remember being pretty bummed on him for keeping a bunch of product that a sponsor for that contest sent up to us late after I'd done all of the leg work to set up the event. FUCK YOU, ZACK!
That is the story, nice little peninsula chat over here, there isn't a single independent skate shop left in Niagara.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1378
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2017, 04:52:16 PM »

Maybe the best episode ever? The J Lee stories and some of the shit talk is amazing.

Maybe the best episode ever. The J Lee stories and some of the shit talk is amazing.

Funny how Jason Lee was so sensitive, if you dish it out you should be prepared to deal with it. And I remember seeing that Crailtap clip! Great interview. Wish they asked him what trick "The Devil Worshipper" is, been wondering about that since I read it in Transworld.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2017, 06:46:20 PM »

Real talk

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2017, 07:19:17 PM »
track down Ryan McGuigan and stenger plz. mcd best episode btw
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 07:37:55 PM by nino brown »

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1284
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2017, 07:57:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
That is the story, nice little peninsula chat over here, there isn't a single independent skate shop left in Niagara.

oh so it was true haha okay then. thanks!
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2017, 08:45:44 PM »
I remember when stereo first came back, I bought that firs tour(way out east?) video on dvd and it was so fucking bad I was literally upset with Jason lee, he showed a slow mo of himself doing a washed up 360 flip to fakie on a ditch bank 3x, it made me angry and I hoped the company would go under.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1583
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2017, 11:35:07 PM »
Keegan told me he didn't have a great time with Stereo either......

I don't care who you are....you have to get down with other skaters...you never really see that with him...he always seems like he has more important shit to do....

Good episode....not sure if I'd kick Scotty at this point.....

Sad to hear Zack was stripped of his dreads....

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2017, 09:37:58 AM »
Sick episode. So stoked on that little Travis Stenger update!!!
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2017, 10:29:48 AM »
Good episode....not sure if I'd kick Scotty at this point.....

My thoughts exactly.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2017, 12:37:58 PM »
Gailea episode was fucking rad. ISUCK, why didn't you want that kid to get his shine?

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2017, 12:44:42 PM »
i am about to listen to this after work, pretty stoked.

Boring

• Rep: 9
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2017, 01:14:19 PM »

Lucky you didnt end up kidnapped in the trunk of a car....

Boring

• Rep: 9
« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2017, 01:17:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Zack once sent goons to my house looking for payment. Full Roadhouse style. Pops chased them off with an old shotgun.