Author Topic: New Transworld!  (Read 1915 times)

fullyflared

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
New Transworld!
« on: April 16, 2007, 07:22:07 PM »
ok the new issue is so amazing...full sahne cross article with unreleased photos that are all bangers including frontside bigspin the wave to rail in barcelona R.I.P shane.. also the new lakai ad features brandon biebel nollie flip crooks a handrail which is too sick... its the thin square rail appleyard flick front crooks and bigspin primo catch to front board, jose rojo bs flip nosegrind, etc.... also has a devine calloway interview and and bussenitz interview which are both really different and sick..nyjah bigspin front board shuv out on the  blue 10 stair rail kids gayyy.... i dont know cop the new issue yourself just for shanes sake, and to peep all teh other goodies.

kevbo999

Re: New Transworld!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 07:25:09 PM »
I just may.

hamhead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -8
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 09:27:19 PM »
nyjah's had like 10 ads down that handrail.

clientele.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • SLAP
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 09:36:26 PM »
brandon biebs nollie flip crook down the davis rail.

SLAP is for the haters.

tymann23

• Rep: -3
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 09:32:18 PM »
any1 have a sequence of biebel doin that trick id like to see,never seen him do a rail b4

Hot Rod

• Rep: 9
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 09:37:19 PM »
busenitz is enough to sell me on anything

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 09:42:52 PM »
he seems to get alot of interviews
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

The Slap Poster Formerly Known As Shughe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 10:03:01 PM »
its the thin square rail appleyard flick front crooks and bigspin primo catch to front board, jose rojo bs flip nosegrind, etc....

yah thats Davis rail

js6

• Rep: -2
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 11:45:26 PM »
ok the new issue is so amazing...full sahne cross article with unreleased photos that are all bangers including frontside bigspin the wave to rail in barcelona R.I.P shane.. also the new lakai ad features brandon biebel nollie flip crooks a handrail which is too sick... its the thin square rail appleyard flick front crooks and bigspin primo catch to front board, jose rojo bs flip nosegrind, etc.... also has a devine calloway interview and and bussenitz interview which are both really different and sick..nyjah bigspin front board shuv out on the  blue 10 stair rail kids gayyy.... i dont know cop the new issue yourself just for shanes sake, and to peep all teh other goodies.
yeah biebels ad is sick but appleyard also did the same exact trick (nollie flip krook davis rail) like two years ago for a thuder ad.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 12:43:11 AM »
Yeah, it's got nice photos but did you try reading it? The Shane Cross -article's cool but the interviews only scratch the surface or whatever. They must edit the fuck out of their interviews. And that's all there is. It keeps you occupied for like 30 minutes. No substance at all.

Although I know TWS is for little kids, I still buy it every month for some reason. Maybe the same reason I buy every skate mag there is.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 01:36:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yeah biebels ad is sick but appleyard also did the same exact trick (nollie flip krook davis rail) like two years ago for a thuder ad.

I see no problem with re-doing tricks at spots, if you can show you can do it better.

fahque

• Rep: 3
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 06:52:30 AM »
there is also an amazing hot dog ad from sara lee.... fuck transworld.....

parkingblockdog

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 09:30:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I see no problem with re-doing tricks at spots, if you can show you can do it better.

I agree but despite how good Beibel is I don't think anybody could make that trick or just about any trick better than Appleyard.

tymann23

• Rep: -3
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 09:42:25 AM »
biebel is much better at technical tricks,nose manny variations,flip tricks, i saw him do a nolle bs 360-360 heelflip insane

parkingblockdog

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007, 11:16:11 AM »
biebel is much better at technical tricks,nose manny variations,flip tricks, i saw him do a nolle bs 360-360 heelflip insane
Yeah he is way better at technical tricks but I just like Appleyards style better.  It just my personal opinion that I would rather see Appleyard a trick because to me his style is so much better than most skaters.  Still it was sick to see Beibel do that trick on a handrail, he is one of the best for sure.

WILL

• Rep: -51
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 01:28:16 PM »
i would rather watch biebel do it cause im sure appleyard has done that trick on a bunch of rails and biebel never skates rails so its somethin new
why flip your board, when you're just gonna land back on top of it again?

dudebro

• Rep: 22
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2007, 04:16:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah he is way better at technical tricks but I just like Appleyards style better.  It just my personal opinion that I would rather see Appleyard a trick because to me his style is so much better than most skaters.  Still it was sick to see Beibel do that trick on a handrail, he is one of the best for sure.

I think its cool that Biebel is not known as a rail skater and he has that trick for that ad, but I kind of disagree that he is way better at technical tricks than Appleyard. If you look at Appleyard's many video parts/interviews, he's pretty damn tech, and he does it with so much ease. It looks like he can do any tech trick that he wants to just because he has so much board control and everything seems to come easy to him. Check out his two Flip parts (tons of flip tricks, nollie heelflip/kickflip crooked grinds down rails and hubbas, nollie frontside heelflips/kickflips to switch manny, etc., etc.). All of his recent coverage just keeps getting better and better...
one-upping is rad.  so is beaming.  both so unquestionably identify the kooks...saves a lot of wasted time/small talk.  you instantly know who to avoid.